[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:
    almalinux 8.5 (graphical) installer does not boot, both ISO and via netboot.

on ISO mount it just stays offline
    on netboot it downloads the image but gets stuck on some initialization

Have you tried non-graphical? Even when I'm setting up nodes it goes into this mode if there's any limitations. For me, it's limitation to the IPMI CD image uploaded from our office, for you it might be memory.

haven't but i will. im on 2560mb.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @gebilaowang said: I hope @VirMach takes a good look at his own order system and not someone else insulting me and calling me stupid.

I hope I can do this without starting the whole thing over again. I don't know if the above was directed towards me but if it was, then I sincerely apologize you took my comment as an insult to your intelligence. You seem a reasonable fellow and I believe were trying to do what you felt was the Right Thing (tm).

Thanked by (2)Mason FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

(No particular rush on my part, just curious, and hope I'm not forgotten ...) 😅🤔😎

This is all on UPS.
    Don't quote me on this please, I could be wrong.

Thanks! 😁🤗 No worries 😎👍

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    However, when doing a yum update and with another ssh session, the screen & session froze. That's an indication of some packet loss. I don't have a Japanese IP offhand, to try an MTR, for closer inspection. Flagging @Virmach though he may already be aware of any issues there and things are likely to settle down anyway.
    HTH

Yes, thanks for confirm that... I see some packet loss and high cpu steal ( i'm not sure but this node is new? )

Graph have white spaces because packet loss... So i know its not my VPS only :-) ... I know @VirMach eventually fix this.

• edited April 2022

@gebilaowang said:

@Mason said:
    Alright... I think I got this thread somewhat cleaned up. If you notice your comment is gone, then I deemed it part of the derail-a-thon that occurred over the last few hours.

The word of the day today is:

Patience

If you posted your order # / invoice #, great! Wait for activation or some other communication from @VirMach. This is not a support system so posting Ticket #'s will not get you expedited help -- in fact, I'm pretty sure it'll do the opposite and you'll find yourself at the bottom of the queue.

If you ordered the product here from an affiliate link that didn't state the requirements to be a LES user and post the information here, just post your order/invoice # and wait. Instruct anyone else that ordered through those links to do the same. I can't speak for @VirMach, but I don't see why your ordered wouldn't be processed and activated as normal. Just be patient.

Approving a bunch of new registrations and reopening this now, let's see how this goes. In general, we rely on community/self-moderation, but when that devolves into "shut up", "no, you shut up", then the badmins have to step in and mop up the mess. So let's try to keep it clean, y'all :)

So, I still hope that the person in charge of @virmach company should be aware of the emergence of this problem. And can tell you that the so-called exclusive offer links are now being moved to other sites by people in this forum. If you can read Chinese, you can go to the following link to check, of course, you may be able to use a text translator.
    https://hostloc.com/thread-999293-1-1.html

@Mason said:

@gebilaowang said:

@Mason said:
    Alright... I think I got this thread somewhat cleaned up. If you notice your comment is gone, then I deemed it part of the derail-a-thon that occurred over the last few hours.

The word of the day today is:

Patience

If you posted your order # / invoice #, great! Wait for activation or some other communication from @VirMach. This is not a support system so posting Ticket #'s will not get you expedited help -- in fact, I'm pretty sure it'll do the opposite and you'll find yourself at the bottom of the queue.

If you ordered the product here from an affiliate link that didn't state the requirements to be a LES user and post the information here, just post your order/invoice # and wait. Instruct anyone else that ordered through those links to do the same. I can't speak for @VirMach, but I don't see why your ordered wouldn't be processed and activated as normal. Just be patient.

Approving a bunch of new registrations and reopening this now, let's see how this goes. In general, we rely on community/self-moderation, but when that devolves into "shut up", "no, you shut up", then the badmins have to step in and mop up the mess. So let's try to keep it clean, y'all :)

So, I still hope that the person in charge of @virmach company should be aware of the emergence of this problem. And can tell you that the so-called exclusive offer links are now being moved to other sites by people in this forum. If you can read Chinese, you can go to the following link to check, of course, you may be able to use a text translator.
    https://hostloc.com/thread-999293-1-1.html
    I hope @virmach takes a good look at his own order system and not someone else insulting me and calling me stupid.

I understand your frustration and am also disappointed the sale was shared elsewhere (even though it literally says in the post copied to hostloc to not post it elsewhere). But if anyone read that post on hostloc (or elsewhere) and didn't realize they had to register and post their order information here to get it activated, then that is completely on the buyer for not paying closer attention.

Having only the affiliates order link with no other information is a different story as I agree, it'd be good to either disable aff sales on the exclusive product range entirely or add some kind of checkbox linking to the original rules and asking if you've read them.

I think so too, but there is indeed a problem with the aff link I mentioned, they didn't add any hints, which caused problems with subsequent activations, and now the situation is that all people who buy through aff should not have See the order number mentioned by @virmach. I believe you also found that not only me, but also some people in the comments on the LES forum can only issue their own invoices, because they did not record the order number.
    I don't think this should put the blame on the customer, we are victims too. Hopefully it will be handled properly in the end instead of "we don't care about information other than order number".
    If people outside the forum are not allowed to participate, I think it should at least be highlighted on the sales page, instead of adding an unsafe link to jump to, so that those of us don't pay attention to this prompt when buying. (Unsafe here means that the prompt page in the middle will be skipped.)

• 老王你是真的能掰扯

• edited April 2022

@xiaoyaohuashu said:
    老王你是真的能掰扯

WTF does that mean?!

Ryzen LowEndSpirit Exclusive Offers

On the main offers page is a bit of a clue. If someone tries to order through some backdoor dodgy forum link, then that's totally up to them. They shouldn't then bleat when something's amiss.
    [I've had this happen on the rarest of occasions, where I've set up a mirrored development ecommerce site and some idiot has bought from it, even though there was a main page redirect in place.]

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @risturiz said: i'm not sure but this node is new?

All Ryzen nodes are relatively new - not there last year. ;)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Order #560807
    Transaction #: 2022040822001328091418247361

Please help me activate, thanks

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@xiaoyaohuashu said:
    老王你是真的能掰扯

WTF does that mean?!

On the main offers page is a bit of a clue. If someone tries to order through some backdoor dodgy forum link, then that's totally up to them. They shouldn't then bleat when something's amiss.
    [I've had this happen on the rarest of occasions, where I've set up a mirrored development ecommerce site and some idiot has bought from it, even though there was a main page redirect in place.]

WTF Abbreviation for What The Fuck.
    I'm just here to watch the fun you go on...

• One more time?

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint edip tetech

node 40 is coming alive

root@cybertech:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -4i
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-02-18                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Tue 12 Apr 2022 07:29:44 AM +08

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3693.038 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 2.4 GiB
    Swap       : 30.0 MiB
    Disk       : 49.9 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 302.48 MB/s  (75.6k) | 947.30 MB/s  (14.8k)
    Write      | 303.28 MB/s  (75.8k) | 952.28 MB/s  (14.8k)
    Total      | 605.76 MB/s (151.4k) | 1.89 GB/s    (29.6k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.47 GB/s     (2.8k) | 4.19 GB/s     (4.0k)
    Write      | 1.55 GB/s     (3.0k) | 4.47 GB/s     (4.3k)
    Total      | 3.02 GB/s     (5.9k) | 8.66 GB/s     (8.4k)

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 4994
    Multi Core      | 8248
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16530190

• invoice #1414627

• @dand0285 said:
    invoice #1414627

invoice #1414627
    Please help open, thank you

• edited April 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:

@xiaoyaohuashu said:
    老王你是真的能掰扯

WTF does that mean?!

No one is throwing a tantrum here, it's that @virmach doesn't pay attention to this information at all, at least since yesterday morning until now. This problem has been happening as long as the activity continues. This is a technical issue, not that some people saw the prompt and they didn't see the prompt at all, please note the fact that they didn't see the prompt. If you want exclusive discounts, adjust the aff's jumping into the station. aff sales and drainage are all kinds of vps official sales. If the behavior of the customer aff to buy the machine is wrong, why should the official allow the existence of aff?

edited April 2022

@gebilaowang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@xiaoyaohuashu said:
    老王你是真的能掰扯

WTF does that mean?!

No one is throwing a tantrum here, it's that @virmach doesn't pay attention to this information at all, at least since yesterday morning until now. This problem has been happening as long as the activity continues. This is a technical issue, not that some people saw the prompt and they didn't see the prompt at all, please note the fact that they didn't see the prompt. If you want exclusive discounts, adjust the aff's jumping into the station. aff sales and drainage are all kinds of vps official sales. If the behavior of the customer aff to buy the machine is wrong, why should the official allow the existence of aff?

do you also make an excuse for yourself when you didn't have a good life?

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• Order Number is: 8515385929

• @gebilaowang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@xiaoyaohuashu said:
    老王你是真的能掰扯

WTF does that mean?!

@cybertech said:

@gebilaowang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@xiaoyaohuashu said:
    老王你是真的能掰扯

WTF does that mean?!

Please discuss the same topic. Talking about other people's lives won't affect them in the slightest.

• My payment is Alipay, Order number is 01416897

• @gebilaowang said:

@gebilaowang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@xiaoyaohuashu said:
    老王你是真的能掰扯

WTF does that mean?!

@cybertech said:

@gebilaowang said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@xiaoyaohuashu said:
    老王你是真的能掰扯

WTF does that mean?!

Please discuss the same topic. Talking about other people's lives won't affect them in the slightest.

What's the problem in the middle, I'm waiting for @virmach, instead of talking to others as eagerly as you are, if there is any problem with what I said, others are welcome to correct me, please pay attention and correct me after reading the whole incident.

• pls one, but I forget order number ,just show Invoice #1415416

edited April 2022

@Mason just fyi after the cleanup, i dont get the bold formatting when there's a new unread post on this thread.
    (dark mode)

• Add that I found more than one aff link, and they all appear to bypass the prompt page. For example, an aff sent by someone on March 13, the pre-sale time, also points to the internal activities of LES and has no prompt.

• @cybertech said:
    @Mason just fyi after the cleanup, i dont get the bold formatting when there's a new unread post on this thread.
    (dark mode)

He's already working on it. I mentioned it to him earlier.

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • @gebilaowang said:
    Add that I found more than one aff link, and they all appear to bypass the prompt page. For example, an aff sent by someone on March 13, the pre-sale time, also points to the internal activities of LES and has no prompt.

FWIW, I agree with you. Anyone posting aff links to the sale should have their accounts banned. They are the ones really causing the problem.

@VirMach Managed to kick my VM on TYOC040 offline by trying to boot Netboot.xyz ISO. Unable to boot/power on / reinstall.

2560mb plan.

do I make a ticket to get it booted?

• @skorous said:

@gebilaowang said:
    Add that I found more than one aff link, and they all appear to bypass the prompt page. For example, an aff sent by someone on March 13, the pre-sale time, also points to the internal activities of LES and has no prompt.

FWIW, I agree with you. Anyone posting aff links to the sale should have their accounts banned. They are the ones really causing the problem.

@skorous said:

@gebilaowang said:

I agree, but it's not possible because only @VirMach knows their info, and their promotion is allowed, we buy through the link, and @VirMach will pay them accordingly.

• @gebilaowang said:

>

I agree, but it's not possible because only @VirMach knows their info, and their promotion is allowed, we buy through the link, and @VirMach will pay them accordingly.

Okay, to be fair, buying through a completely unknown rando affiliate link is probably not a Good Plan (tm) either. You can protect yourself by just not doing this. You truly are equally at fault ( just my opinion ).

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
This discussion has been closed.