[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• How about adding 5-10$ push fee, like the greencloud.

Then they will use multi-account, again. Never ending story.

Not allowed to change email.In fact, many scalpers buy VPS from others.
    After the greencloud increased the fee, the scalper reduced a part.
    No matter what they will not disappear.But they want to buy and resell the VPS for double the cost.

• People don't reject the $3 push fee, but they reject the slow push progress.
    My suggestion is to disable email changes, but develop a paid self-push feature.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @yetopen said:
    No matter what they will not disappear.But they want to buy and resell the VPS for double the cost.

Then they just transfer the email account instead?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

@Flying_Chinaman said: We meaning the soft factors, such as response ticket in 2 hours

Okay we can add a plan like that with priority support responses. And you'll pay $35 for for 3GB / 2 Core / 35GB / 750GB BW?

@Flying_Chinaman said: low CPU steal,

Show me your high CPU steal in Tokyo Ryzen right now. Or find me a single Ryzen server here outside of storage with high CPU usage right now: https://status.virm.ac/

Fully transparent, it's all there.

@Flying_Chinaman said: lenient IP change...

What do they offer? We have a button for courtesy change we added some time ago. Everyone who isn't on a flagged account can use it.

edited October 2022

@j0rmo said:
    People don't reject the $3 push fee, but they reject the slow push progress.
    My suggestion is to disable email changes, but develop a paid self-push feature.

We're already improving it, adding button and some automation. Good suggestion. Let's see how it plays out.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach learn from Bandwagonhost.
    No scalper sells VPS of Bandwagonhost , because they allows to use the initial email address to retrieve the account at any time.

edited October 2022

@abiaolaoge said:
    @VirMach learn from Bandwagonhost.
    No scalper sells VPS of Bandwagonhost , because they allows to use the initial email address to retrieve the account at any time.

Oh yeah that'll play out great for the scalpers, they get to retroactively steal back all their accounts and resell double profit.

• @FAT32 said:

@yetopen said:

Then they just transfer the email account instead?

Smart FAT32

smartass shitposting satirist

• @VirMach said: @yetopen said: It's not the price that stops scalpers, it's the cost.

????

@yetopen said: How about adding 5-10$ push fee, like the greencloud.The push fee will drastically reduce the revenue of scalpers to the extent that their number decreases.

I don't get it are you saying raise our fee to transfer from $3 to $5-10?

Right now they avoid safe transfers for $3 to pay $0 instead (and screw everyone over in the process.)

You still do not understand that many multi-account is actually a separate registration.You think it's one person registering so many accounts. In fact, it is a lot of people registered and then resold to scalpers.Those who register multiple accounts are some of them.

edited October 2022

@yetopen said: You still do not understand that many multi-account is actually a separate registration.You think it's one person registering so many accounts. In fact, it is a lot of people registered and then resold to scalpers.Those who register multiple accounts are some of them.

I do understand all the different ways it's done. Yes, I see some accounts resold multiple times. We don't just check initial signup we check everything.

• The best way to prevent scalpers is increase the price

@FAT32 said:
    The best way to prevent scalpers is increase the price

The best way to prevent scalpers is to go out of business.

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:

Even Bandwagonhost still have scalpers.Unless you raise the price so high that everyone can't afford it.

• @VirMach said:

@abiaolaoge said:
    @VirMach learn from Bandwagonhost.

Oh yeah that'll play out great for the scalpers, they get to retroactively steal back all their accounts and resell double profit.

No, if you do this no one will buy vps from scalpers and everyone will be worried that scalpers will get their accounts back.

edited October 2022

The best way to deal with it is how we have it right now. $10 setup fee for Tokyo. I know it's working because people are making purchases from us directly and if they are scalpers, then they're paying $17.50 right now for 384MB plan and $10.50 recurring so they'll have to sell it higher than us to make a profit. The $8.88 special that has 6 months left will have to be sold for only $15 over a period of several years for it to make sense. And if customer wants to put themselves at risk for several years to save $5-10 once then I can't stop that (but I can later make them upset if I close the account.)

• @VirMach said:
    The best way to deal with it is how we have it right now. $10 setup fee for Tokyo. I know it's working because people are making purchases from us directly and if they are scalpers, then they're paying $17.50 right now for 384MB plan and $10.50 recurring so they'll have to sell it higher than us to make a profit. The $8.88 special that has 6 months left will have to be sold for only $15 over a period of several years for it to make sense. And if customer wants to put themselves at risk for several years to save $5-10 once then I can't stop that (but I can later make them upset if I close the account.)

Wouldn't it be better to disable push and modify emails?

• @VirMach said: but I can later make them upset if I close the account.

So change the tos and tell them that they MUST go through push. otherwise you can close their account at anytime.

@nicai said: Wouldn't it be better to disable push and modify emails?

It makes it even riskier. Now someone is buying just the SolusVM account or user/pass and they don't get to change it so scalper can also scam them at any time.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

Review IP and payment accounts

edited October 2022

@yetopen said: So change the tos and tell them that they MUST go through push. otherwise you can close their account at anytime.

That's literally how we have it already and have had it since like 2014.

Here we are.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • @VirMach said:

You say so much is actually to raise prices, scalpers are just a front

• edited October 2022

@yetopen said:

@VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:

Even Bandwagonhost still have scalpers.Unless you raise the price so high that everyone can't afford it.

No one buys Bandwagonhost vps from scalpers anymore.
    People are worried that scalpers will use the initial email addresses to get their accounts back.

@nicai said: Review IP and payment accounts

We can't review Alipay like that. We do already review on purchase, then it created problem someone described above where people specialize in making accounts (badly) and make bad promises probably. Then it still gets flagged because:

@VirMach said: I do understand all the different ways it's done. Yes, I see some accounts resold multiple times. We don't just check initial signup we check everything.

edited October 2022

Sorry guys not trying to just shoot down all your ideas and I appreciate feedback but please trust me when I say I've thought this through very thoroughly for several years. We just weren't expecting everything in Tokyo specifically since we didn't do that location before and didn't want to initially raise prices. Now we have, by $10 setup, which is good.

Setup goes down to $7 with 30% promo.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited October 2022

@VirMach said: Show me your high CPU steal in Tokyo Ryzen right now. Or find me a single Ryzen server here outside of storage with high CPU usage right now: https://status.virm.ac/

Their CPU steal are nearly none, yours will occasionally burst to a peak (fine by me to use it as storage backup).

@VirMach said: What do they offer? We have a button for courtesy change we added some time ago. Everyone who isn't on a flagged account can use it.

It has to go through ticket to change IP with 3 dollar fee. And allow attaching additional IP even for specials and storage.

@VirMach said:

@j0rmo said:
    People don't reject the $3 push fee, but they reject the slow push progress.

We're already improving it, adding button and some automation. Good suggestion. Let's see how it plays out.

Should we change the brand to VirmachPS Exchange and allow push from other provider? :p

edited October 2022

@nicai said: You say so much is actually to raise prices, scalpers are just a front

I can raise prices to whatever I want whenever I want without any excuse.

Here tell me what package to raise price on, I'll show you

edited October 2022

@Flying_Chinaman said: Their CPU steal are nearly none, yours will occasionally burst to a peak (fine by me as owncloud storage).

You didn't really answer me, we don't have CPU steal either and it doesn't burst to a peak on Ryzen plans, not storage. If you're talking about storage then sure. Tokyo is our lowest CPU usage location and currently all 5000 series. Next batch may be 3000 series since no one's using CPU, they're all like 10-30% total CPU right now.

edited October 2022

@Flying_Chinaman said: It has to go through ticket to change IP with 3 dollar fee. And allow attaching additional IP even for specials and storage.

We're definitely not going to add additional for storage. It's a storage server. For storage. You don't need 2 IPv4 for storage.

Specials, we'd consider it maybe for some locations, not Tokyo. Tokyo goes out of IPs fast per server.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint DanSummer
  • edited October 2022

@yetopen said:

@VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:

Because they increased the price from 50$ to near 100$ per year.

Hence the scalpers could even resell the old one to more than 150 dollar.

• The scalpers are not just selling vps in Tokyo.
    The $10 setup fee only protects Tokyo.

This discussion has been closed.