[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

@Jab said:
    Yes, 001 died too :D

Looks like more of FFM went down, maybe they are changing something for all servers? I'm on uh, 002 i think.

Edit: Back now. Down for 9 min, vps 1 min uptime. So looks like FFM rebooting, a fix has just been foudn for some issues and applied would be my guess/hope?

Yeah I spoke with them, they decided to make some changes to improve overheating. I did still check logs and it looks like servers across the board at same time(s) experienced heat events so I assume it has somewhat to do with the facility but the changes they made did make improvements.

It wasn't really my call, but it's better it was done if facility is going to continue facing potential random heat waves.

A few others were getting to dangerous levels. I'm discussing what was going on and what they did to improve it but the tech working on it stayed overnight so I wasn't going to keep him up at like 6AM. He probably just wanted to get it done with and didn't ask for confirmation on reboots. Out of all the techs out there, I do trust his judgement.

(edit) Still working on FFME004. It's being annoying again.

@Daevien said:
    @tenpera said:
    @VirMach, I'm sick of FFME004, as I asked before, can my vm be allocated to other node, area, country, planet, or put back those migration button?

Why's your migration button missing again? Did we check?

• @VirMach said:
    A few others were getting to dangerous levels. I'm discussing what was going on and what they did to improve it but the tech working on it stayed overnight so I wasn't going to keep him up at like 6AM. He probably just wanted to get it done with and didn't ask for confirmation on reboots. Out of all the techs out there, I do trust his judgement.

Ah, thats good that there is someone decent there. Though that does seem to overall be one of the better companies for responding to things, you know doing their jobs lol

Why's your migration button missing again? Did we check?

I don't see anything in his comments about migrate button, just ticket # so maybe info in there.

That does remind me though, I did manage to move from ATL to CHI with the vm I had instafail before btw. You had said you'd look into it but not responded back with any change, so I just tried it yesterday or day before (forget which, still foggy from pain/painkillers and sleeping weird schedule, days run together lol). So either you fixed something or whatever was blocking mine at least cleared up on it's own.

• @aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@VirMach said:
    Edit: shared info with infplus or "virmach.me" on 07/25/2022.

Found affiliate related to this and closed although it seems like they were already flagged and are using multiple affiliate accounts already flagged. It means your account @aiexo is owned by this site that was used or whoever self-referred so another problem added to it.

It mean the VPS is irretrievable?
    I bought the VPS from someone last week, I can the history if needed.

Quote what I said that made you think the outcome would be different for you specifically. If you bought VPS from someone else it doesn't seem like you stated that in your appeal, or did you state it here? Show me relevant info I've asked like 3 times now or I can't help you.

Please check again #323202
    Added information about the purchase
    Thank you

Information is helpful, we may offer you something in return if it leads to finding someone not already flagged. Looking into it now.

(edit) Other thing you provided seems like how you decided NOT to proceed previously though and didn't take our final offer to admit it yet until today.

Sorry,
    Since you did not respond to my inquiry (whether to initiate a Ticket for feedback), I am not at liberty to open a Ticket .
    There is a difference in understanding through the translation software conversion, thanks for being willing to communicate.

>

Hi, @VirMach, Has any progress in the investigation?

I would like to know what is the situation for me:
    1. has somemore I can do about this?
    2. continue waiting investigat
    3. the VPS cannot be restored

Thank you.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Moving on to the next subject, who wants pizza ?

Thanked by (3)ehab FAT32 dgc1980

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

Yes

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:

i can bring couple of

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:

You suck. I told you earlier today I was craving pizza but still can't really eat it yet due to dentist visit :-1:

• edited October 2022

@FrankZ said: @drizbo - I get that your purpose is to burn VirMach because you feel burned, but that is not the purpose of this thread. As I said this is a place where we are trying to work with the provider in a constructive way. Your comments are at cross purposes with that and are therefore a bit off topic. I hope you understand my meaning this time.

@drizbo may float against the stream here, but in so many ways he isn't even wrong. I completely understand his frustrations.
    And talking abour purpose it's not like your personal opinion with patronizing him have bigger value than his. There's nothing wrong with his expressed thoughts. One needs to be impartial (and that's your shortcoming) to understand this.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Daevien said: You suck. I told you earlier today I was craving pizza but still can't really eat it yet due to dentist visit

Frank Can Be Evil.

Thanked by (2)ehab lemoncube

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@Mumbly said:

@FrankZ said: @drizbo - I get that your purpose is to burn VirMach because you feel burned, but that is not the purpose of this thread. As I said this is a place where we are trying to work with the provider in a constructive way. Your comments are at cross purposes with that and are therefore a bit off topic. I hope you understand my meaning this time.

@drizbo may float against the stream here, but in so many ways he isn't even wrong. I completely understand his frustrations.
    And talking abour purpose it's not like your personal opinion with patronizing him have bigger value than his. One needs to be impartial (and that's your shortcoming) to understand this.

Actually your right, and that was something that I gained from this series of events. I am no longer just a member here who can speak my mind as I did previously. As a mod I need to take a large step back from participating in this thread and just step in if it becomes a total shit show or if someone is breaking the rules. In the future I will leave it to other members to provide the commentary. Thank you.

EDIT: I'll still try to be helpful if I think I it will resolve a member's issue.

Thanked by (2)Mumbly pikachu

• @ehab said:

@FrankZ said:

i can bring couple of

Naaaaaaaaaaah Coca Cola tastes better than unsavory Pepsi

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Mumbly said:
    And talking abour purpose it's not like your personal opinion with patronizing him have bigger value than his. One needs to be impartial (and that's your shortcoming) to understand this.

Literally two posts above his (mine being post right above, still talking about the server we think he's on) was Virmach saying that host was having issues and being worked on right then. He never did seem to actually read that, he just freaked out cause I tried to help him immediately (which is what he claimed he wanted) but had zero info to try and see if we could help. He also didn't provide Virmach any way to find him. And spammed OGF as well with rage as well as here. He wasn't here for help. He was here to rant and tell us he did a chargeback. Which negated anything else being done if he did a chargeback.

Kind of hard to help someone like that as a Virmach employee or regular member of the forum. Because they don't want to be helped, they just want to rage at someone and get attention. I understand he's unhappy, the subject of FFM servers right then was in fact brought up by ME even as I have a FFM server and said it was down lol

Thanked by (2)bakageta pikachu
  • @FrankZ said:

Frank Can Be Evil.

after sex photo?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @ehab said:

@FrankZ said:

Frank Can Be Evil.

after sex photo?

Thanks for THAT mental picture. Where is the mind bleach again?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @ehab said:

how about

Cola is natural good,
    Pepsi is natural bad,
    Vanilla Cola is lawful good
    Cherry Pepsi is chaotic bad

smartass shitposting satirist

• edited October 2022

@Daevien said:

@Mumbly said:

Literally two posts above his (mine being post right above, still talking about the server we think he's on) was Virmach saying that host was having issues and being worked on right then. He never did seem to actually read that, he just freaked out cause I tried to help him immediately (which is what he claimed he wanted) but had zero info to try and see if we could help. He also didn't provide Virmach any way to find him. And spammed OGF as well with rage as well as here. He wasn't here for help. He was here to rant and tell us he did a chargeback. Which negated anything else being done if he did a chargeback.

Kind of hard to help someone like that as a Virmach employee or regular member of the forum. Because they don't want to be helped, they just want to rage at someone and get attention. I understand he's unhappy, the subject of FFM servers right then was in fact brought up by ME even as I have a FFM server and said it was down lol

I don't want to start something, but what about to stop acting like those issues started yesterday and people have no right to express their thoughts and frustrations about someone's service? He wasn't insultive or anything.
    I am among luckiest ones. My DE and NL nodes are doing relatively well apart from some downtime every now and then so i am not complaining, but I understand than there are more than a few clients (legit clients!) who don't have same luck and with no response to their tickets they feel abandoned.
    Anyway, like said, I don't want to start something but jumping at him just because he's not part of a merry bunch isn't right. His expressed opinion is as legit as your or mine.

@drizbo said:
    Can we stop acting like this started today? It's been going on for months. And during migration I was even moved to different countries that I ordered, but I never complained about that. I also didnt complain about being offline for weeks or months during their migration. I didnt complain when my server went down 50 times since either. What I did was ordered servers elsewhere to replace them in my cluster.

But it comes to a point when its just too much. What should I do? I dont get response and my services are unusable. I don't think I had any choice left.

How is it normal that this guy is chatting here on forums yet tickets are closed without answer. Is it normal that only support available for a company is on a 3rd party forum? How can any of you be ok with this?

• @Mumbly said:
    I don't want to start something, but what about to stop acting like those issues started yesterday and people have no right to express their thoughts and frustrations about someone's service? He wasn't insultive or anything.

Um, well his first paragraph (in his cross posted rant) was insulting and it only went downhill from there. He has since edited some of it but still, you might want to re-read that.

Anyway, like said, I don't want to start something but jumping at him just because he's not part of a merry bunch isn't right. His expressed opinion is as legit as your or mine.

My last comment on this.

I and others tried to help him. We didn't say the issues hadn't been ongoing, he literally didn't tell us what his issues were at all in any detail. He gave us nothing but rage and then said he did a chargeback. Not sure what else you think we could or should have done at that point.

In any event, he went nuclear so nothing else can be done but move on.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
    edited October 2022

@drizbo said: So what should I do?

Well, definitely don't buy any deals this Black Friday.

@drizbo said:
    Even their status page is lying. FFME is still down (even as per their own announcement), yet its showing as nothing wrong.

1) That's not even our official status page yet and doesn't include everything.

2) It's not a downtime monitor, it's a server status page right now to just check the usage levels.

3) Our actual status page is where it's been for 8 years, on our website.

4) If we do add in the downtime monitors to that page, then it will show up at the top. It still doesn't make it our network status page until we make it our network status page if we decide to do that.

5) We're definitely not doing that, I don't want a bunch of people claiming we're lying because third party code didn't say it was down, we'll stick to manually reporting it offline to not offend you.

6) Our actual network status page has been reporting that since before your post if you ever cared to actually check it instead of first coming here to write your rant.

7) This was also already established here if you cared to actually participate in the community or read instead of just coming here to write your rant.

Show me your account via DM and if I validate your claim of whatever you said regarding 80% uptime or whatever, you'll be credited. If it's not exactly what you stated then there's no point coming here for attention because you won't get it. If it is, then I apologize for the bad experience and we'll do what we can to correct it.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint someTom
  • It's time to split @drizbo into a thread in the Rants section.
    Anthony made that section for a reason.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

edited October 2022

@drizbo said: Got couple of servers with you and they got ~80% uptime

@drizbo said: 20%+ downtime over 3 months

So couple = 2, if it's more that's fine so at least 2.

20% downtime over 3 months = 18~ day of downtime, on two or more services. That's at least 36 total days of credit, I'll even triple it for you so 108 days but it has to be 2+ servers and 17+ days of downtime.

Actually I'll just add a year of service to all of them 20%+ downtime if it matches our monitors which I'll publish here if it doesn't.

I'm guessing what's more likely to have happened is there was an outage, you didn't check outage page, you reinstalled OS immediately, it broke, and everyone went back online and you didn't but that's just a guess. We'll see I guess if you want me to check.

• DaevienDaevien OG
    edited October 2022

@VirMach You are catching up with stuff, but please check this before you refund anything, he claims he did a chargeback. No sense in mixing up more funds flying around until you can confirm what he's done.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I have the expectation that at least some people came from the OGF to get away from the constant negativity and drama. Am I wrong that maybe a few others besides myself want a place to be constructive, where people help each other in a generally positive way, and maybe have some good natured fun ? Like I said above I understand that I need to be more impartial in the future, so I want to ask what do members expect this thread to be ? Is there a purpose to this thread other then being a free for all ? If so what does VirMach as the OP and those who are here want that purpose to be ? Since it has obviously evolved beyond a VirMach sales offer thread. Understanding the expectations and purpose of those who are here will hopefully help me to be a better moderator.
    LES is multi threaded, so this in no way limits free speech, it's just a question of what is the subject of this thread.
    Feel free to state, or PM me, any of your thought on the questions I have asked. Thank you.

• edited October 2022

@FrankZ said: Like I said above I understand that I need to be more impartial in the future, so I want to ask what do members expect this thread to be ?

Well, thing is that not everyone will feel about some issue the say way as you do, so what will you do then? Shun person? Patronize person? Give less value to his expressed experiences?
    We like @VirMach and listens him, but on the other hand how many of you listened and not just hear @drizbo? Just because he said something we may not like it, it doesn't mean that he's by default wrong. Or that he shouldn't talk about this from his own point of view. Try to listen with empathy and understanding both sides, not just one - this would be the best suggestion one can give you, I believe.

On the other hand I believe that @virmach info system rely on forum too much. For years people are told how to not use forum for support, but should do it properly via support ticket system. Here is right opposite. The most accurate info one can get is burrid under hundreds of posts daily.

Many clients will try to do things right with checking status page and use support ticket system, just to get even more frustrated. And then as last resort they come to the forum where @virmach at least respond, to discuss, rant, express their frustrations. Can we blame them for that?

Thanked by (1)pikachu
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@Mumbly said:

@FrankZ said: Like I said above I understand that I need to be more impartial in the future, so I want to ask what do members expect this thread to be ?

Well, thing is that not everyone will feel about some issue the say way as you do, so what will you do then? Sun person? Patronize person? Give less value to his expressed experiences?
    We like @VirMach and listens him, but on the other hand how many of you listened and not just hear @drizbo? Just because he said something we may not like it doesn't mean that he's wrong. Try to listen with empathy and understanding both sides, not just one.

So in the end there really is no way to please you.

• edited October 2022

@FrankZ said:

@Mumbly said:

Well, thing is that not everyone will feel about some issue the say way as you do, so what will you do then? Sun person? Patronize person? Give less value to his expressed experiences?
    We like @VirMach and listens him, but on the other hand how many of you listened and not just hear @drizbo? Just because he said something we may not like it doesn't mean that he's wrong. Try to listen with empathy and understanding both sides, not just one.

So in the end there really is no way to please you.

Me personally? :) Oh, I am simple man. Just don't be a dick toward people, partial as you are, don't agree with and I will be okay ;-) You seems like a nice guy most of the time, but you have one weak spot... where I am sure you can do it better.
    But lets end with this for now if you agree.

• We listened. To lots of raging and zero details when we asked if there was a way we could help. That is not helpful to anyone at all and doesn't get them any further towards their goal unless that goal is just to stir up shit. If someone just wants to stir up shit, they can go away in my opinion.

If someone wants to stir up more shit by defending the person (without actually reading the full context) that was only here to rage, stir up shit and do a chargeback, I'm not sure they are really adding much either except adding to the post count in the thread and making more stuff for Virmach to catch up on and work through. That doesn't really help anyone either does it?

If you are only here to be negative and there really is no way to make you happy or try and help you even, then well, go join OGF or some other forum or go to the rants section here ( https://lowendspirit.com/categories/rants ) and rant your heart out. Same thing applies if you are going to cherry pick what you read & what you ignore of the situation then come to a conclusion without all of the facts.

I could have been nicer, I will admit. But when someone comes in and immediately starts flinging shit and refuses help, I kind of quickly doubt their real intention and really am not encouraged to try and help them again.

• edited October 2022

@Daevien said: If someone wants to stir up more shit by defending the person (without actually reading the full context) that was only here to rage, stir up shit and do a chargeback, I'm not sure they are really adding much either except adding to the post count

Here we go again... Another self righteous patronizing post and then you're the one who "contribute" to anything? Because, sure ... your amazing contribution to the thread have bigger value than contribution of a person you don't agree with, right? How typical.

@Daevien said: To lots of raging and zero details when we asked if there was a way we could help.

Can you show me where you genuinely tryed to help without being patronizing asshole toward the other poster? You're pretending so much that you're losing every sense for the reality. I haven't seen any help, but I saw several people jumping at him. And for what? Because he expessed all the frustrations with service he purcased? God forbid anyone doing that!

edited October 2022

Well, thing is that not everyone will feel about some issue the say way as you do, so what will you do then? Shun person? Patronize person? Give less value to his expressed experiences?
    We like @VirMach and listens him, but on the other hand how many of you listened and not just hear @drizbo? Just because he said something we may not like it, it doesn't mean that he's by default wrong. Or that he shouldn't talk about this from his own point of view. Try to listen with empathy and understanding both sides, not just one - this would be the best suggestion one can give you, I believe.

Many clients will try to do things right with checking status page and use support ticket system, just to get even more frustrated. And then as last resort they come to the forum where @virmach at least respond, to discuss, rant, express their frustrations. Can we blame them for that?

I want to chime in here and say @drizbo is the type of feedback/comment I find to be completely fine. Not that I make the rules but there's a clear difference between presenting something versus just spamming the same thing over and over and he hasn't done that.

On the other hand I believe that @virmach info system rely on forum too much. For years people are told how to not use forum for support, but should do it properly via support ticket system. Here is right opposite. The most accurate info one can get is burrid under hundreds of posts daily.

I'm just here to be here. Not due to work obligations, and anything that needs to be officially communicated still goes through our site or email.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Mumbly Wonder_Woman

@drizbo said: How is it normal that this guy is chatting here on forums yet tickets are closed without answer. Is it normal that only support available for a company is on a 3rd party forum? How can any of you be ok with this?

If it was closed without a reply (and not a reply by a bot, which we already made clear was an auto reply in the reply) then it means either the issue is already resolved, or we're already aware and it's being fixed in the background, or that we already requested the ticket not be created in that manner on the page before you create the ticket.

I'm willing to review it if you believe it's any other case than that.

The thing is, your entire logic is that we are doing other things than fixing the issue so how are you saying you would rather we answer hundreds of people instead of fixing the issues? Clearly you believe anything that is done with my time is valuable and should be spent on fixing the problem, yet you are coming here to take my time to address just you, and you want more of the time replying to your ticket.

We don't just close a ticket if it's valid, opened per instructions, and requires a ticket. Perhaps you are saying a mistake was made, but I also assume you made more than one? So multiple mistakes made? Or are you just creating the same ticket for an outage that is already on status page and being resolved?

This discussion has been closed.