[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @FrankZ said: Is there a purpose to this thread other then THAN being a free for all ?

Not exempt just cos you've got power! :p

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

But again I want to make it very clear: every hour I spend here, it's an hour I would spend not working more directly at VirMach. There are times where I'm not here for days, and I haven't spent time with friends or family for multiple months. So if it bothers you that much the only other option is that I still don't directly spend that time working and I go watch a movie or do other normal human things.

(edit) Oh sorry before I get called a liar, I did spend some time for my birthday with a friend within the last several months.

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said: .. do other normal human things.

Why though? Are you actually human? Some have doubts. :D

(edit: redacted cos, just maybe.)

@AlwaysSkint said:

Scurries away

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @VirMach said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Scurries away

i have already told in the past he is 1/2 man 1/2 beast.... no one listens.

edited October 2022

Let's see I think the last time I watched a movie or a TV show was in March.

Some random new LES account: wow VirMach I can't believe you watched a movie for 2 hours in March when I needed you most, ticket #493040 my VPS has been down for 7 months because you didn't reply to me to tell me that I should install my operating system after I clicked 38 buttons in a row within 20 minutes.

Speaking of which, it looks like the new SolusVM version finally prevents some of this at least directly on the site by saying there's a pending operation. Anyone else notice it?

• @VirMach said: Scurries away

"Take it away, Skutters" - ref. Red Dwarf

Thanked by (1)skorous

• @Mumbly, maybe if I quote the start of things it will illuminate a few things, I really don't think you've actually read the very beginning from how you keep saying that I/we told him it was just a new thing and not something extended over time.

drizbo said:
    You're planning BlackFriday deals and shit already, yet you cant even manage your existing VMs. We're just reading stories here on a forum about your incompetence.

Got couple of servers with you and they got ~80% uptime since after you allegedly finished your nightmare migrations. So what should I do? If I try to open a ticket I get a million threats how tickets will be closed without answer or I'll be charged 15$.
    Im not allowed to ask for refund, yet service is unusable. So only thing one can do is dispute the payment I suppose.

This is a scam and nothing less. Here people are stuck with your yearly offers on VMs that are absolutely useless. Non-existing support and unable to refund for a product that does not work.

20%+ downtime over 3 months and the only thing I can do is dispute on Paypal. That's the only option I have and I should have done it much earlier. You dont deserve to keep any customers, I've never encountered anything like this.

Only thing i've clipped here are some very large images. if you want to see if for yourself, it's https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/104291#Comment_104291

daevien said:

snipped the extra bits

So, coming here freaking out and providing zero details for Virmach to lookup stuff or someone else here to try and help you through whatever issue is your best idea?

The only ones really complaining now are ones that have been suspended for breaking the TOS. Is that what you are complaining about? Or have you been migrated and never redid your network settings? Did you never try to boot it again after a migration? Or one of a dozen other issues we could probably name?

How about you take a breath, actually explain to SOMEONE what your issue is so it might be able to be fixed...

Edit: looking at your only other comment, I would guess that maybe you are complaining about the issue being discussed literally in the posts before yours with FFM having issues and work having just been done to resolve and check it?

Could I have been nicer, yes. I admitted that. Could he have been nicer and actually provided any sort of useful detail that could be used to help him rather than coming in with insults and vague demands that no one could help him with? Yes.

All of the thread from there went downhill, with him also posting and getting into shit flinging contest on OGF with someone that made a simple remark with their own opinion that his percentage of down machines was not correct.

@Virmach I understand what you are saying about his comments I think and I agree, he wasn't spamming. However, have you actually read all of them yet? Since you replied to one of his that are still a ways back. He wasn't providing any information to us or you and refused any sort of attempt to try and help him quicker than he had gotten from you until he said he did a chargeback. So at that point, I'm not sure really what he expected anyone to do.

Thanked by (2)Mumbly DanSummer
  • @Mumbly said:

@Daevien said: If someone wants to stir up more shit by defending the person (without actually reading the full context) that was only here to rage, stir up shit and do a chargeback, I'm not sure they are really adding much either except adding to the post count

Here we go again... Another self righteous patronizing post and then you're the one who "contribute" to anything? Because, sure ... your amazing contribution to the thread have bigger value than contribution of a person you don't agree with, right? How typical.

@Daevien said: To lots of raging and zero details when we asked if there was a way we could help.

Can you show me where you genuinely tryed to help without being patronizing asshole toward the other poster? You're pretending so much that you're losing every sense for the reality. I haven't seen any help, but I saw several people jumping at him. And for what? Because he expessed all the frustrations with service he purcased? God forbid anyone doing that!

Meh; his opening post was "this is a scam, I'm doing a chargeback" without any information about what problems he had actually had (nodes, locations, any actual facts that could have been looked at to help). The OP DID NOT WANT any help, patronizing or otherwise - he wanted to lash out at what he saw as shitty service which is ... fine, I guess, but as @Daevien said there's a place for that and it's probably not in the big "help my Virmach" thread.

Mostly I was "jumping at him" because the very last thing I want to see happen here is for things to get as toxic as they are on OGF, to the extent that we lose the very useful relationship with providers like Virmach here. If that's patronizing then, well, guilty as charged I guess?

• @VirMach said: .. by saying there's a pending operation. Anyone else notice it?

Yes, quite a few times on the beta VM. ;)

• @ahnlak said: Mostly I was "jumping at him" because the very last thing I want to see happen here is for things to get as toxic as they are on OGF, to the extent that we lose the very useful relationship with providers like Virmach here.

Hear, hear.

edited October 2022

@Daevien said: @Virmach I understand what you are saying about his comments I think and I agree, he wasn't spamming. However, have you actually read all of them yet? Since you replied to one of his that are still a ways back. He wasn't providing any information to us or you and refused any sort of attempt to try and help him quicker than he had gotten from you until he said he did a chargeback. So at that point, I'm not sure really what he expected anyone to do.

I have a little bit of experience dealing with these situations so while I did read over them my brain just chucked it out. Once everyone else got involved I figured I should go back and respond to some portions, but my original thought on it was that it's another one of those things that wouldn't warrant a response. It's happened many times in this thread, I guess his was just too enticing for everyone to ignore since it appeared to have some substance.

I guess a better way I can state that is originally I believed he just wouldn't provide any information and couldn't be helped. Then when everyone else tried helping I thought hey maybe I'm wrong and should review it further.

@ahnlak said: Meh; his opening post was "this is a scam, I'm doing a chargeback" without any information about what problems he had actually had (nodes, locations, any actual facts that could have been looked at to help).

Basically this. Seemed more like an "I'm angry someone listen to me and boycott VirMach with me for the next two weeks before the new specials come out so I can buy them again and complain in a few months."

Thanked by (1)Daevien
    edited October 2022

@ahnlak said: Mostly I was "jumping at him" because the very last thing I want to see happen here is for things to get as toxic as they are on OGF, to the extent that we lose the very useful relationship with providers like Virmach here. If that's patronizing then, well, guilty as charged I guess?

Don't feed the trolls. You're very close to being on my level of thinking, whether that's good or not, on that specific scenario at least, so the next part to that is since it's most likely what you stated earlier in your post, it's best to just wait until he presents something useful first before responding.

Of course I appreciate you guys saving me a few hours of back and forth with him as I might've been tempted myself initially.

The thing you guys don't see, perhaps, which I should mention is that similar things happen in tickets if a node faces an outage for a second or third time within like 6 months.

So actually, and sorry for being lazy and not just clicking edit above, it's very possible he's one of the people that has done that for FFME004 and basically had his ticket closed and got upset I didn't get into a keyboard warrior battle with him and decided to bring it here.

And maybe I should cool off on all these hypotheticals since he comes back and for some odd reason is 100% correct.

• Yep, as I thought we have basically the same idea @VirMach

I tried to help but I guess in hindsight, I took his bait for an argument and should have just said his options for getting help and left him alone, rather than actually trying to help someone that really didn't want the help.

It's been a few years since I did tech support except with known clients, so I took the offered bait that I would have normally left alone :angry:

Thanked by (1)storm

Oh by the way have you guys checked out @FAT32's slider thingy here?
    https://virmach.com/special-offers/

I still can't get over how he did this so quickly and it actually looks nice meanwhile we'd probably spend way too long on it, and probably actually never do it. I liked his dark mode but it was turning the whole page dark. Configure button.

@Daevien said:
    Yep, as I thought we have basically the same idea @VirMach

I tried to help but I guess in hindsight, I took his bait for an argument and should have just said his options for getting help and left him alone, rather than actually trying to help someone that really didn't want the help.

It's been a few years since I did tech support except with known clients, so I took the offered bait that I would have normally left alone :angry:

It's always a fine line. I'm not even claiming that I'm correct in this case, it just really seems like it and there's luckily no harm in making that assumption here since I don't have any obligation to provide extended priority support here.

• @VirMach said:

@ahnlak said: Mostly I was "jumping at him" because the very last thing I want to see happen here is for things to get as toxic as they are on OGF, to the extent that we lose the very useful relationship with providers like Virmach here. If that's patronizing then, well, guilty as charged I guess?

Don't feed the trolls. You're very close to being on my level of thinking, whether that's good or not, on that specific scenario at least, so the next part to that is since it's most likely what you stated earlier in your post, it's best to just wait until he presents something useful first before responding.

Of course I appreciate you guys saving me a few hours of back and forth with him as I might've been tempted myself initially.

You're right of course; I got lured into feeding because I was bored in my hotel room and I should have just gone and got an early beer.

This is, happily, a lesson worth learning :-)

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • @VirMach said:
    So actually, and sorry for being lazy and not just clicking edit above, it's very possible he's one of the people that has done that for FFME004 and basically had his ticket closed and got upset I didn't get into a keyboard warrior battle with him and decided to bring it here.

Only reason we know it's regarding FFM and SJC is from the OGF thread btw. I did happen to guess quickly that it COULD involve FFM from looking up his history here of a single post before today.

So yeah, he did have some shit luck prob. Still hard to do anythign about it if he won't tell anyone anything :p

• @VirMach said:

I still can't get over how he did this so quickly and it actually looks nice meanwhile we'd probably spend way too long on it, and probably actually never do it. I liked his dark mode but it was turning the whole page dark. Configure button.

Umm, at least for me I don't see his slider thingy there... Cached old data somewhere?

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint yoursunny

@Daevien said:

@VirMach said:

Only reason we know it's regarding FFM and SJC is from the OGF thread btw. I did happen to guess quickly that it COULD involve FFM from looking up his history here of a single post before today.

So yeah, he did have some shit luck prob. Still hard to do anythign about it if he won't tell anyone anything :p

Oh did he not mention FFME004? I literally immediately assumed it was over FFME004. I don't actually know why, I thought he said it in his first post or maybe he said something that just made it click immediately for me. That's why in my head I was basically like "what is it guy going on about 80% uptime"

@Daevien said: Umm, at least for me I don't see his slider thingy there... Cached old data somewhere?

Might have to CTRL+SHIFT+R, I had to do it a couple times myself. I have no idea how our caching and CDN is set up anymore on our site, I halfway did it then quit.

• @VirMach said:
    Oh did he not mention FFME004? I literally immediately assumed it was over FFME004. I don't actually know why, I thought he said it in his first post or maybe he said something that just made it click immediately for me. That's why in my head I was basically like "what is it guy going on about 80% uptime"

Nah, i pulled his post history and it was about ffme and it was just after ffme reset and you saying 04 was still giving you issues so i took a stab in teh dark and did an edit that mentioned it in my first response

• @VirMach said:
    Oh by the way have you guys checked out FAT32's slider thingy here?

Thanks! For some reason I feel the styling is a bit off, there's other parts of the page clashing the style with my component. I will build a V1.1 to make it fit with the page a bit more when I have time later :)

• @Daevien said:

@VirMach said:

Umm, at least for me I don't see his slider thingy there... Cached old data somewhere?

I had to hard refresh to get it to come up. It's pretty slick, and generates some awfully nice prices. Does the order button work? :)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said:

I don't think we can see it as the page offers are unclickable and just show "coming soon", or am I missing something ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

Oh I glanced over it again, he posted a screenshot of him struggling to open a network issue ticket so basically only network issue at the time was that, unless he actually was just randomly clicking everything.

Basically one of the huge screenshots telling him to do the single thing he didn't do.

• @FrankZ said:
    I don't think we can see it as the page offers are unclickable and just show "coming soon", or am I missing something ?

It is under "Or Build Your Own Customized Special!" :)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Got the button to show up now, weird though cause I tried two browsers, including one that i don't remember loading that page on before. Yes, it looks quite nice. We have found another @FAT32 talent, does he get a new title now? :p

Now if only I had money to spend right now.... I'd test it lol

This discussion has been closed.