[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• vyasvyas OG
    edited July 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:

@VirMach said: .. spending 20 years of my life on the computer instead of socializing.

Be careful, man, you'll end up like me! :o Look out for the RSI issues. ;)

They are promoting E,H,B,M at the place I am
    Associated with. Not very creative acronym as it turns out, but stands for

Eyes
    Hands
    Back
    Mind

Not just RSI or shoulders or neck anymore

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Squats are the new Push-ups

• I hope you will be able to fix you issues soon ^^. I have several servers with you on NYC, i'm lucky only one is affected by your actual issue. I really hope you will find your way to stabilise the whole service as, regarding the incident dashboard, there is few things unstable.
    Good luck VirMach :)!

Site Reliability Engineer using DevOps mindset. High interest in so many hosting companies (VPN, Drive, Web, VPS, etc.) and believe in privacy.
    Opinions are my own.

• edited July 2022

@vyas I have SWEFEN (made up) - Shoulder, Wrist, Elbow, Finger, Eyes, Neck.
    Mind has always been "no' right". ;)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    @vyas I have SWEFEN (made up) - Shoulder, Wrist, Elbow, Finger, Eyes, Neck.
    Mind has always been "no' right". ;)

SWEFEN = NEWFES = NEWFACE :-)

• ^ He's loosin' it! Bless 'im. :-D

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@tototo said:
    @VirMach You are a service provider, but firstly that you are a human so I hope you can get some rest...

I'm lucky enough to still have my parents around and every time we speak they remind me of this, and even though I'm a grown man now I still get a kick out of their reaction when I say something along the lines of "okay, I'm taking a two month vacation. I'm sure everything will be there when I get back!"

@risturiz said:
    At the end, if you need perfect setup you can't use SolusVM... That's why we see BuyVM and HostHatch selfmade panels

This is honestly one of my unfulfilled fantasies. I also like to imagine myself getting that in-depth into software development to where I could do something like that but I had the unfortunate turn of events in my life where I majored in something completely different, never had time for it, and then got into hosting (and never had time for it.)

I wish I could have a self-made panel and then name it something semi-weird and unrelated to hosting that I'm into. On second though it'd be a pretty good joke to name ours "Mare."

At this point though I'd probably go the Ramnode route and use something like Fleio, and focus on replacing WHMCS. I think there's a level of disdain I have for it that can't be matched by any other piece of software.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@VirMach said: .. spending 20 years of my life on the computer instead of socializing.

Be careful, man, you'll end up like me! :o Look out for the RSI issues. ;)

I think I'm developing arthritis but luckily no carpel tunnel or RSI for me.

edited July 2022

Oh by the way, we signed on for Chicago, Tampa, and Los Angeles with Hivelocity. Pretty excited about that. Basically it happened the second QN made me lose my mind over the nullroutes. Not that we're moving all of LA to Hivelocity, it'd just be nice to have since we needed more space anyway.

Chicago we're going with QN as well, half and half.

(edit) And no you don't get to pick which one you get, mwuhahaha. I did all this just to hear people complain about the grass being greener on the other side.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

i want Hivelocity!!!!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Is there someone in this discussion who actually works for Virmach? If so I would love a little help. Needless to say there is no ticket support. I believe my VPS is offline. I changed my password and it say the password is wrong. It is not. I need some data that is only on my VPS for one of my clients. I downloaded TurboVNC thinking that might work, but when I put in control alt delete and did the password again it did not work. If there was any way to access info on my VPS that would be great.

Thanked by (1)ashadib
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited July 2022

@VirMach
    Per the pertinent question below

Do you actually work for
    Virmach

Or do you only work for Virmach? I have also read rumours that you are a bot. But that’s okay

Client data = p0rn ??

Nobody otherwise would register and ask tech support questions right away

@morphite said:
    Is there someone in this discussion who actually works for Virmach? If so I would love a little help. Needless to say there is no ticket support. I believe my VPS is offline. I changed my password and it say the password is wrong. It is not. I need some data that is only on my VPS for one of my clients. I downloaded TurboVNC thinking that might work, but when I put in control alt delete and did the password again it did not work. If there was any way to access info on my VPS that would be great.

• edited July 2022

@VirMach said:
    we signed on for Chicago, Tampa, and Los Angeles with Hivelocity.

(edit) And no you don't get to pick which one you get, mwuhahaha. I did all this just to hear people complain about the grass being greener on the other side.

Miami beach club - QN.
    Tampa beach club - Hivelocity.

So if I pick Tempa, the sand is grainer?

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:
    Miami beach club - QN.
    Tampa beach club - Hivelocity.

So if I pick Tempa, the sand is grainer?

Tampa = real sand, Miami = bits of your own packets ground up and spit back at you

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • Network monitor detected MAC change yesterday and BOOM! Dallas Fixed!

Thanks @VirMach !

@risturiz said:
    Network monitor detected MAC change yesterday and BOOM! Dallas Fixed!

Thanks @VirMach !

All of NYC has also had this applied. DC had wrong ports labeled for about 7 servers so those are currently offline (networking-wise.) Around 6 can be fixed more quickly, one definitely can't because it has to wait on network engineer.

Japan network still not changed

because today Japan holiday

• @cybertech said: Japan network still not changed

Something™ has changed network-wise... :(

11.|-- vlan103.core0501.newote.bbtower.ad.jp            0.0%    10  266.7 266.8 266.6 267.1   0.0
     12.|-- et-0-0-0.tedge0501.newote.bbtower.ad.jp          0.0%    10  263.3 269.0 263.0 307.9  14.3
     13.|-- AS23959.xe-0-1-6.tedge0503.newote.bbtower.ad.jp  0.0%    10  273.0 272.9 272.9 273.0   0.0
     14.|-- ???                                             100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
     15.|-- 2a12:a301::16                                   70.0%    10  505.5 501.3 493.9 505.5   6.4
     16.|-- ???                                             100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
     17.|-- 2a12:a301::16                                   50.0%    10  506.8 479.9 418.3 506.8  37.1
     18.|-- 2a12:a301::15                                   90.0%    10  11258 11258 11258 11258   0.0
     19.|-- 2a12:a301::16                                   70.0%    10  496.3 456.0 371.7 500.1  73.1
     20.|-- 2a12:a301::15                                   90.0%    10  11138 11138 11138 11138   0.0
     21.|-- 2a12:a301::16                                   70.0%    10  498.8 488.6 456.4 510.5  28.5
     22.|-- ???                                             100.0     9    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
     23.|-- 2a12:a301::16                                   37.5%     8  506.3 481.6 453.4 506.3  25.9
     24.|-- ???                                             100.0     6    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
     25.|-- 2a12:a301::16                                   66.7%     6  503.8 490.5 477.2 503.8  18.7
     26.|-- ???                                              0.0%     0    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

edited July 2022

spoke too soon, seems like tokyo is fixed (!!!)

edited July 2022

@cybertech said:

Yep, it's actually crazy how much of a massive improvements it made for Tokyo. Other regions improved maybe 20-30% after the change but Tokyo is probably an easy 70% across the board, that's lower load, CPU usage, improved ping and transfer speeds. It was also the smoothest change by far, xTom is pretty amazing.

Meanwhile we have a third of NYC still down because they had the port numbers wrong.

edited July 2022

It's crazy how hard the NIC was trying to keep up with the previous network configuration, this screenshot says it all. I almost had to check and make sure the change didn't just knock everyone offline or crash something.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint tototo Mason
  • @VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

Yep, it's actually crazy how much of a massive improvements it made for Tokyo.

Could you possibly ask them to fix the IPv6 routing they just broke?

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

edited July 2022

@Brueggus said:

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

Yep, it's actually crazy how much of a massive improvements it made for Tokyo.

Could you possibly ask them to fix the IPv6 routing they just broke?

Expected. This is one of the reasons I said IPv6 may break and it's not yet officially delivered and we put it on the backburner for some locations. It was only set up to function on the same VLAN, we have to go through and split it up now, probably re-assigning a lot of them, and we can't focus on that right now.

Or we have to go through and do tagged VLANs.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus
    edited July 2022

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

Yep, it's actually crazy how much of a massive improvements it made for Tokyo. Other regions improved maybe 20-30% after the change but Tokyo is probably an easy 70% across the board, that's lower load, CPU usage, improved ping and transfer speeds. It was also the smoothest change by far, xTom is pretty amazing.

Meanwhile we have a third of NYC still down because they had the port numbers wrong.

amazing.

-------------------- A Bench.sh Script By Teddysun -------------------        
    Version            : v2022-06-01
     Usage              : wget -qO- bench.sh | bash
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
     CPU Model          : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
     CPU Cores          : 2 @ 3693.018 MHz
     CPU Cache          : 512 KB
     AES-NI             : Enabled
     VM-x/AMD-V         : Enabled
     Total Disk         : 49.9 GB (5.6 GB Used)
     Total Mem          : 2.4 GB (363.7 MB Used)
     Total Swap         : 30.0 MB (0 Used)                                        
     System uptime      : 0 days, 0 hour 3 min
     Load average       : 0.07, 0.06, 0.02
     OS                 : Debian GNU/Linux 11
     Arch               : x86_64 (64 Bit)
     Kernel             : 5.18.0-2-amd64
     TCP CC             : bbr
     Virtualization     : KVM
     Organization       : AS23959 Owl Limited
     Location           : Tokyo / JP
     Region             : Tokyo
     I/O Speed(1st run) : 1.2 GB/s
     I/O Speed(2nd run) : 1.4 GB/s
     I/O Speed(3rd run) : 1.4 GB/s
     I/O Speed(average) : 1365.3 MB/s
     Node Name        Upload Speed      Download Speed      Latency
     Speedtest.net    898.38 Mbps       879.10 Mbps         0.96 ms
     Los Angeles, US  768.14 Mbps       501.71 Mbps         99.67 ms
     Dallas, US       610.45 Mbps       642.25 Mbps         137.25 ms
     Montreal, CA     364.90 Mbps       518.56 Mbps         166.56 ms
     Paris, FR        327.35 Mbps       470.75 Mbps         255.16 ms
     Amsterdam, NL    339.21 Mbps       480.36 Mbps         230.89 ms
     Shanghai, CN     557.24 Mbps       542.38 Mbps         146.51 ms
     Nanjing, CN      836.14 Mbps       827.50 Mbps         34.08 ms
     Hongkong, CN     441.77 Mbps       942.63 Mbps         100.05 ms
     Seoul, KR        751.58 Mbps       682.92 Mbps         66.73 ms
     Singapore, SG    739.55 Mbps       833.40 Mbps         68.42 ms
     Tokyo, JP        900.31 Mbps       916.73 Mbps         0.95 ms
     Finished in        : 5 min 38 sec
     Timestamp          : 2022-07-18 17:16:56 +08

Thanked by (2)tototo VirMach

• edited July 2022

By Jove, @Virmach, looks like you've cracked it! :+1:
    A (mostly idling) New York node:

Let's hope this speeds along the ISO replications, in Solus. Here comes rDNS and multi-IP. :p

Thanked by (1)VirMach

• Looks like my vpsshared site is down, not responding to pings. It's a super low traffic personal site, so I'll survive, but it sounds like things are probably backlogged there.

• edited July 2022

For my VPS that can't login to SolusVM (always getting "Invalid vserverid or username" error when clicking "VPS Controll Panel" button), cn I open the ticket? But it's from the BF-SPECIAL-2020 offer and has been migrated to Ryzen.

(Edit) It's probably working perfectly except for logging in to SolusVM panel. I think the error has occurred before the move to Ryzen and I didn't receive any email when the VPS was activated.

• Last night my Seattle VPS got migrate to Ryzen and it seems that finally everything went smoothly. Except its now in Frankfurt, Germany. I hope that there will be somekind of "relocate Ryzen"-button in near future since on my map Frankfurt is not very near of Seattle

• Any update on NYCB013? Networking still not working.

• Any update on DALZ009? Still on Private IP range.

@Neoon said:
    Any update on DALZ009? Still on Private IP range.

Not sure what you mean by that, on my end the /24 is functional and previous issue(s) corrected. I actually fully forgot what happened with this one, my brain can only store so much when it comes to literally everything breaking at some point but I did just check and verify every VM in DALZ009 has a correct IP assigned and random ones ping.

@Ny100k said:
    Any update on NYCB013? Networking still not working.

Same thing here.

@atomi said:
    Last night my Seattle VPS got migrate to Ryzen and it seems that finally everything went smoothly. Except its now in Frankfurt, Germany. I hope that there will be somekind of "relocate Ryzen"-button in near future since on my map Frankfurt is not very near of Seattle

Yeah that one I was like yikes I can't believe I'm moving Seattle to Frankfurt but I had to do it. Node had to be moved and there was no other place left for it because the shape was weird, by shape I mean the disk usage compared with IP usage. We'll definitely keep this one as a main focus for migrations once everything settles and make sure you can get back to the other end of the globe.

@tototo said:
    For my VPS that can't login to SolusVM (always getting "Invalid vserverid or username" error when clicking "VPS Controll Panel" button), cn I open the ticket? But it's from the BF-SPECIAL-2020 offer and has been migrated to Ryzen.

(Edit) It's probably working perfectly except for logging in to SolusVM panel. I think the error has occurred before the move to Ryzen and I didn't receive any email when the VPS was activated.

Yeah error must have occurred in the past. You'd need a ticket for it and it's going to take a long time for us to get to it unfortunately at this stage. Open it in priority department as an emergency if you actually can't access it but it sounds like you can so otherwise you'll have to try to go without controls for a week or two. Again if it's important though, use priority, we won't bill you.

Thanked by (2)atomi tototo
    edited July 2022

@willie said:
    Looks like my vpsshared site is down, not responding to pings. It's a super low traffic personal site, so I'll survive, but it sounds like things are probably backlogged there.

I'd scream at CC but I've given up on that. They placed a permanent nullroute on the main IP. This is probably the 30th time they've done this, from a single website being malicious. I'm trying to get a server up and just move it at this point.

Again I'd usually be freaking out and working on it immediately to get it online but I'm just being realistic here when there's probably a dozen others in worse states. It sucks, it's unprofessional, but there's no use having more stress over it as that'll just slow me down.

This discussion has been closed.