Has anyone had experience with SharkTech before?

I've been on the hunt for inexpensive dedicated servers in the LAX region, and stumbled across this promo from SharkTech. It looks fantastic and ticks a lot of boxes for me, with a moderately quick CPU, SSD, 1G unmetered, and a /29 IPv4 with complimentary DDoS protection. I saw a similar deal from Psychz, but their network is awful and pricing gets to be around the same when you add the /29, SSD, and DDoS protection. Does anyone know of any better deals or have experience working with SharkTech before? A good deal is worthless if the company is impossible to work with. Full specs of the deal for anyone too lazy to click:

E3 1270v2, 16GB RAM, 1x500GB SSD, /29 IPv4, 60G DDoS protection, 1G Unmetered, $59/month

Comments

  • bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

    I have a VPS from @georgedatacenter on their network

  • @bruh21 said:
    I have a VPS from @georgedatacenter on their network

    I could have sworn George used Global Frag/LayerHost, not Sharktech.

  • bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

    @fluttershy said:

    @bruh21 said:
    I have a VPS from @georgedatacenter on their network

    I could have sworn George used Global Frag/LayerHost, not Sharktech.

    My Chicago VPS is on this subnet: 204.188.245.96/27

  • Oldschool provider.

    No personal experience with them, but over the years I’ve seen lots of IRC-related services running off their infrastructure/network, mainly for of their DDoS protection.

    Create an account on Dynadot via my referral link and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!

  • @TheDP said:
    Oldschool provider.

    No personal experience with them, but over the years I’ve seen lots of IRC-related services running off their infrastructure/network, mainly for of their DDoS protection.

    The DDoS protection looks fantastic and it's one of the reasons I'm interested, seems like it really works vs Psychz's mitigation.

  • @bruh21 said:
    My Chicago VPS is on this subnet: 204.188.245.96/27

    Guess he moved recently then, the new LAX stuff is all under LayerHost. How's the network been?

  • bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

    @fluttershy said:

    @bruh21 said:
    My Chicago VPS is on this subnet: 204.188.245.96/27

    Guess he moved recently then, the new LAX stuff is all under LayerHost. How's the network been?

    Never had any problems personally. Never had any issues with any George DC service

  • Although I have no recent experience with them. I was on SharkTech in LAX a couple of years ago and really liked their network.

    Certainement qui est en droit de vous rendre absurde, est en droit de vous rendre injuste - Voltaire

  • @FrankZ said:
    Although I have no recent experience with them. I was on SharkTech in LAX a couple of years ago and really liked their network.

    Yep, the network seems very solid, I tend to pay attention to anyone with Comcast in their blend. Often leads to a wonderful US network.

Sign In or Register to comment.