HostHatch Upcoming maintenance - Los Angeles Storage

cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

We are emailing you because we have an upcoming maintenance that affects your Storage VM(s) in Los Angeles.

....
....

Your server will be shut down and booted up after the maintenance has been completed. We do not expect any data on your server to change, but as a best practice, we always recommend that you keep the latest copy of your backups.

During this maintenance, we will make updates to the host server, and also boot it into our new cloud platform , from where you will be able to manage your server after it comes back online

....
....

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

«134

Comments

  • They're migrating all remaining locations expect for Asia and North Europe this week, aren't they?

    Thanked by (1)bdl
  • lentrolentro Hosting Provider
  • SG got migrated as well.

  • One of my chi nvme instances was migrated to the new panel
    But it seems to have list the network ip details.

    Running centos 7... any way to activate dhcp or manually setup the interfaces? Or only option is to reinstall?
    Thnx

  • DecicusDecicus OG
    edited July 14

    @localhost said:
    One of my chi nvme instances was migrated to the new panel
    But it seems to have list the network ip details.

    Running centos 7... any way to activate dhcp or manually setup the interfaces? Or only option is to reinstall?
    Thnx

    Have you tried console access via the new panel? I don't have an NVMe in Chicago specifically, but console access seems to work with my "legacy" NVMe servers in other locations.

    Website: thomassen.sh

    Discord: Decicus#0001

  • hosthatchhosthatch Hosting Provider
    edited July 14

    @localhost said: One of my chi nvme instances was migrated to the new panel
    But it seems to have list the network ip details.

    What do you mean exactly by this? Have you opened a ticket with us?

    Thanked by (1)skorous
  • @hosthatch said:

    @localhost said: One of my chi nvme instances was migrated to the new panel
    But it seems to have list the network ip details.

    What do you mean exactly by this? Have you opened a ticket with us?

    Does the legacy button have any particular meaning like is it removed on reinstallation or will it remain to distinguish between Intel E5 and AMD instances?

  • hosthatchhosthatch Hosting Provider

    @webcraft said:

    @hosthatch said:

    @localhost said: One of my chi nvme instances was migrated to the new panel
    But it seems to have list the network ip details.

    What do you mean exactly by this? Have you opened a ticket with us?

    Does the legacy button have any particular meaning like is it removed on reinstallation or will it remain to distinguish between Intel E5 and AMD instances?

    We haven't really gotten down to the semantics as of yet, but happy to listen to feedback on how things should be.

    Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • @webcraft said:

    Does the legacy button have any particular meaning like is it removed on reinstallation or will it remain to distinguish between Intel E5 and AMD instances?

    Several of my Legacy instances are AMD.

  • @hosthatch said:

    @localhost said: One of my chi nvme instances was migrated to the new panel
    But it seems to have list the network ip details.

    What do you mean exactly by this? Have you opened a ticket with us?

    Here is what i see from the novnc console... I didn't create a ticket yet. Guess you guys have full hands with the maintenance..
    If you see, my IP is not listed... It should have been there.

  • hosthatchhosthatch Hosting Provider

    @localhost said:

    @hosthatch said:

    @localhost said: One of my chi nvme instances was migrated to the new panel
    But it seems to have list the network ip details.

    What do you mean exactly by this? Have you opened a ticket with us?

    Here is what i see from the novnc console... I didn't create a ticket yet. Guess you guys have full hands with the maintenance..
    If you see, my IP is not listed... It should have been there.

    Please open a ticket so we can take a look. DHCP should work, static configuration should also work, as long as you're able to get to the console?

    Thanked by (1)localhost
  • Why can only the old images be selected for reinstallation (like Debian 10) but not the new ones (like Debian 11)?

    @skorous said:

    @webcraft said:

    Does the legacy button have any particular meaning like is it removed on reinstallation or will it remain to distinguish between Intel E5 and AMD instances?

    Several of my Legacy instances are AMD.

    The new AMD ones from black friday and later?

  • @hosthatch said:

    @localhost said:

    @hosthatch said:

    @localhost said: One of my chi nvme instances was migrated to the new panel
    But it seems to have list the network ip details.

    What do you mean exactly by this? Have you opened a ticket with us?

    Here is what i see from the novnc console... I didn't create a ticket yet. Guess you guys have full hands with the maintenance..
    If you see, my IP is not listed... It should have been there.

    Please open a ticket so we can take a look. DHCP should work, static configuration should also work, as long as you're able to get to the console?

    could you help with a quick command to add my network details on the eth interface? CentOS 7

    Thanks

  • @localhost said:

    @hosthatch said:

    @localhost said:

    @hosthatch said:

    @localhost said: One of my chi nvme instances was migrated to the new panel
    But it seems to have list the network ip details.

    What do you mean exactly by this? Have you opened a ticket with us?

    Here is what i see from the novnc console... I didn't create a ticket yet. Guess you guys have full hands with the maintenance..
    If you see, my IP is not listed... It should have been there.

    Please open a ticket so we can take a look. DHCP should work, static configuration should also work, as long as you're able to get to the console?

    could you help with a quick command to add my network details on the eth interface? CentOS 7

    Thanks

    What does your /etc/network/interfaces, netplan or network-manager config look like?

  • @webcraft said:

    The new AMD ones from black friday and later?

    No, my old NVMe from like 2019. Think they were their 8th birthday celebration ones.

    [donatello ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family : 23
    model : 49
    model name : AMD EPYC 7502 32-Core Processor
    stepping : 0
    microcode : 0x830104d
    cpu MHz : 2495.310

    Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • @localhost said:

    could you help with a quick command to add my network details on the eth interface? CentOS 7

    Thanks

    C7 should have NetworkManager installed by default. Try running nmtui and using that to change your interfaces. Once you're done, exit out and do: nmcli device reapply [interface_name_here] .

    Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @skorous said:

    @localhost said:

    could you help with a quick command to add my network details on the eth interface? CentOS 7

    Thanks

    C7 should have NetworkManager installed by default. Try running nmtui and using that to change your interfaces. Once you're done, exit out and do: nmcli device reapply [interface_name_here] .

    I had to run nmtui, manually configure the ip and gateway instead of Automatic.. and then reapply worked!

    Thank you so much

    Thanked by (1)skorous
  • @skorous said:

    @webcraft said:

    The new AMD ones from black friday and later?

    No, my old NVMe from like 2019. Think they were their 8th birthday celebration ones.

    [donatello ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family : 23
    model : 49
    model name : AMD EPYC 7502 32-Core Processor
    stepping : 0
    microcode : 0x830104d
    cpu MHz : 2495.310

    I didn't read all of the dozens of migration emails carefully, but I did notice that some said the VM would move to a new server and others did not.

  • @tetech said:
    I didn't read all of the dozens of migration emails carefully, but I did notice that some said the VM would move to a new server and others did not.

    No, the VM stays on the host node (maybe not physically the same but equal setup like CPU etc.).

  • VM in Milan is supposed to be migrated yesterday? I still see it in the old panel, not the new panel.

  • My Stockholm and Vienna were migrated yesterday.

    I didn't have time to play with, but this new control panel looks nice actually. Simple and clean interface with everything at one place.
    I also like how smooth console access run. That's not the case with every host.

    Seems like only IPv6 addresses with rDNS set migrated to the new control panel (nothing critical) and I will need to re-enable IPv6 later when I find time to play with but otherwise so far I see no issues.

  • edited July 15

    Observation:
    Seems like only IPv6 addresses with rDNS included can be added to the control panel which is okay I guess as others can be set manually.
    Once added to the control panel rDNS can be changed, but there's no option to remove/delete added IPv6 addressed from the control panel - once added they stay there permanently.
    Not extremely problematic, just a bit inconvenient.

  • @Mumbly said:
    Seems like only IPv6 addresses with rDNS set migrated to the new control panel (nothing critical) and I will need to re-enable IPv6 later when I find time to play with but otherwise so far I see no issues.

    Do you have IPv6 connectivity or is it just available in the panel?

  • Right now there's not IPv6 connectivity, however that was expected. With migation mail they sent also:

    Please note if you currently use IPv6, you will have to configure the ::1 address of your /64 IPv6 subnet, for IPv6 connectivity to work. You can configure this before the reboot as well. The process is explained at https://docs.hosthatch.com/networking/#ipv6-configuration

    I will try to set it up later today when I come home from work.

  • My storage VPS'es, London and Stockholm, has been very stable. London was migrated one of the last days.
    I think the new panel looks quite nice. And except for one ticket a good while ago, response times has been good, and service both stable and performing well. All in all a good experience :+1: :)

    I see this for my newly migrated VPS:
    " Your server is currently using our legacy internal networking. We recommend you to upgrade to our new private VLAN networking by clicking the button below. Please note that this will remove your existing internal interface."
    Will this button rewrite config inside VPS directly? Or just add new interface which I should configure? :#

  • @flips said:

    I see this for my newly migrated VPS:
    " Your server is currently using our legacy internal networking. We recommend you to upgrade to our new private VLAN networking by clicking the button below. Please note that this will remove your existing internal interface."
    Will this button rewrite config inside VPS directly? Or just add new interface which I should configure? :#

    If you read the network documentation they link to it talks how on the new interface you can use whatever ip addressing range you want ( since it's a private vlan ). My guess is it removes the old interface and adds a new one which you can configure. I'm sure HH will correct me if I'm wrong.

  • Update.
    IPv6 work perfectly if you follow https://docs.hosthatch.com/networking/#ipv6-configuration

    Just don't forget to replace eth0 with ens3 in case you use new Debian distro.

    ie.

    nano /etc/network/interfaces.d/90-ipv6

    iface ens3 inet6 static
        address 2a0d:xx00:xxxx:xx::1/64 <-- your subnet
        gateway fe80::1
    
            up /sbin/ifconfig ens3 inet6 add 2a0d:xx00:xxxx:xx::1234/64
            up /sbin/ifconfig ens3 inet6 add 2a0d:xx00:xxxx:xx::abcd/64
            up /sbin/ifconfig ens3 inet6 add 2a0d:xx00:xxxx:xx::1111:2222/64
    

    & reboot

    This migration to the new control panel went well by my experience.

  • Congratulations, you are part of the elite group in:
    Routed IPv6 Hall of Fame

    • TunnelBroker
    • BuyVM
    • GINERNET
    • Terrahost
    • webhosting24
    • Zappie Host
    • QuickPacket
    • Central Server Solutions
    • Linode
    • HostCram
    • Clouvider
    • Stratagem Hosting
    • Hazi ro
    • Lite Server
    • HostHatch

    Include routed IPv6, at least /64 subnet, to get listed.

    Thanked by (2)stevewatson301 ralf
  • @skorous said:

    @flips said:

    I see this for my newly migrated VPS:
    " Your server is currently using our legacy internal networking. We recommend you to upgrade to our new private VLAN networking by clicking the button below. Please note that this will remove your existing internal interface."
    Will this button rewrite config inside VPS directly? Or just add new interface which I should configure? :#

    If you read the network documentation they link to it talks how on the new interface you can use whatever ip addressing range you want ( since it's a private vlan ). My guess is it removes the old interface and adds a new one which you can configure. I'm sure HH will correct me if I'm wrong.

    Reading the docs linked to from IPv6 settings, I still wonder if the panel will replace my config files. (I have experienced that with other panels/hosts previously, had to set immutable flag ...)

  • @yoursunny said:
    Congratulations, you are part of the elite group in:
    Routed IPv6 Hall of Fame

    • TunnelBroker
    • BuyVM
    • GINERNET
    • Terrahost
    • webhosting24
    • Zappie Host
    • QuickPacket
    • Central Server Solutions
    • Linode
    • HostCram
    • Clouvider
    • Stratagem Hosting
    • Hazi ro
    • Lite Server
    • HostHatch

    Include routed IPv6, at least /64 subnet, to get listed.

Sign In or Register to comment.