ZAP-Hosting Lifetime Minecraft Server is back (starts from 50€)

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited August 2022 in General

The offer is available here. You need to apply code "GAMES-HOT" to get the discount.

Starts from 50€ (Germany location, default config).

Bought my lifetime MC server in December (?!) along with @Logano and some other LE users.
It has been a solid server so far and support is quick to reply (avg ticket response some 7-15 mins, during day time even 2-3 mins; sometimes even livechat is available). I recently experienced some performance issues but they migrated my server to another host system and now it runs quite smoothly :)

ZAP-Hosting is a long established Gameserver Host (one of the first ones I remember from Germany that were popular MC hosts along with Nitrado, G-Portal..).

If you are running a Minecraft Server with some Gameserver host, or want to run one, now might be a good time to settle for "lifetime" with a well established german provider and ditch energy price hikes from other gameserver providers where your monthly/yearly sub's price can change any time :)

According to ZAP there are more than 3000 active lifetime servers:

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

Comments

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited August 2022

@Ympker said:
    If you are running a Minecraft Server with some Gameserver host, or want to run one, now might be a good time to settle for "lifetime" with a well established german provider and ditch energy price hikes from other gameserver providers where your monthly/yearly sub's price can change any time :)

Despite that 50% discunt, you still pay for 2 Years +, only an option if you plan to play that long.
    I don't know if Zap-Hosting makes a difference internally if you pay onetime or if you pay monthly, in terms of if you pay less you end up on more crowded or older hardware nodes.

I kinda see this phenomenon, sometimes, the older the deal gets, the worse the quality and performance.

• The offer is great.
    My problem: I am not a fan of Minecraft.

How are you... online?

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@root said:
    The offer is great.
    My problem: I am not a fan of Minecraft.

MC server is mostly idling here, too. We play from time to time but it isn't our favourite game. Still nice to have a mc server to keep without recurring cost.
    Waiting for a VPS Lifetime Deal :P

@Neoon said:

@Ympker said:

Despite that 50% discunt, you still pay for 2 Years +, only an option if you plan to play that long.
    I don't know if Zap-Hosting makes a difference internally if you pay onetime or if you pay monthly, in terms of if you pay less you end up on more crowded or older hardware nodes.

I kinda see this phenomenon, sometimes, the older the deal gets, the worse the quality and performance.

Don't know for sure if this is the case, however I recently contacted them about performance issues and they moved me to another node. All good now :)

• @Ympker said:

@Neoon said:

@Ympker said:

Don't know for sure if this is the case, however I recently contacted them about performance issues and they moved me to another node. All good now :)

Nice

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited August 2022

@Neoon said:

@Ympker said:

@Neoon said:

@Ympker said:

Nice

Yeah. There's probably some discussion to be had whether or not a small vps would be sufficient and more affordable to run mc, however I think my Zap server cost me some 60€ish and I am happy to have no recurring cost. Also referred this to a friend whose cousin, who is still in school (teenager), wanted to have a Minecraft server to play with his friends but parents didn't want him to sub to something (even if there are prepaid hosts where you cant be charged if no balance is there). The kid will now get a lifetime server and be able to play with his friends without any (recurring payment) strings attached. I think this type of server certainly can cater to some people's requirements (including my own).