Porkbun NS moving to Cloudflare?

2»

Comments

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@Voigon said:

@root said:

@Voigon said:
    No clue what gave you that idea. Please actually read the comment. I just noted NameSilo's DNS might not be actually hosted / controlled by CF

OK. So you contradicted my statement without making some basic checks. Thank you. Here are some checks, with some comments for your convenience. Enjoy.

ns1.dnsowl.com.     7207    IN  A   162.159.26.136  # Cloudflare IPv4 address
    ns1.dnsowl.com.     7207    IN  A   162.159.27.173  # Another Cloudflare IPv4 address.
    ns2.dnsowl.com.     32400   IN  A   162.159.26.49   # Cloudflare again, who would have thought?!
    ns2.dnsowl.com.     32400   IN  A   162.159.27.130  # Yes, this is Cloudflare too.
    ns3.dnsowl.com.     43200   IN  A   162.159.26.234  # Guess who this belongs to, you got one chance.
    ns3.dnsowl.com.     43200   IN  A   162.159.27.98   # This IP is different, it belongs to Cloudflare this time.

One last time - CF IP DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE CF'S DNS SERVERS
    If you can't be bothered with reading, please don't comment

It is a public forum mate where I am allowed to comment. Regarding my reply (Namesilo), I hereby challenge you to prove me otherwise with arguments. Please state your opinion backed up by facts.

How are you... online?

• @Voigon said:
    One last time - CF IP DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE CF'S DNS SERVERS
    If you can't be bothered with reading, please don't comment

What does it matter if they are CF's DNS servers or if they are Namesilo's behind cloudflare? The end result is the same for all practical purposes.

Thanked by (1)root
  • jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

All I know is their DNS was pretty unstable and went down often. I'd open a live chat to tell them it was down and they'd reply the next day like "looks fine to me" (paraphrased). Don't think they want to deal with it, can't blame them. DNS is a shitty business to be in and trying to keep their operation minimal, just doesn't make sense to spend their time there.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.