Z+ 512MB LXC 5GB Solid State - $2.50/m

13»

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

@ZizzyDizzyMC said:
    Because I don't like to leave clients hanging, an update is in order.

1. Will there be more stock? Not until I fix this mess.
    2. The beta node was offline for what I could tell probably at least 2 weeks, but maybe less, maybe more.

I did some investigating and the node locally was fine, nothing was wrong with the node itself, business as usual. I didn't dig into the logs, just make sure it's online and the proxmox page wasn't spewing kernel errors. Checks out.
    Router, the router that handles the wifi portion of connecting the node to the vlan that routes to the tunneled portion of the network... Well it had a bad day at some point. Logs were all corrupted so I'm guessing she's not happy with whatever I'm doing to her. Cue router abuse'

I'm gonna own up to my mistake, the 4 clients on the machine will all get 2 months free for this, despite none of them actually submitting a ticket saying "it broke". Not many providers out there that'll own up like that unless questioned so definitely want to be an example.

In addition to this, I've spent a few weeks locating low power nodes that have ethernet onboard and suitable performance specifications to replace the compute stick nodes. I've made 1 purchase of a node, but if anyone here has suggestions for meme nodes feel free if it doesn't break my wallet too hard considering I hand out credit code for these like candy. Would eventually like to earn a dollar back on these someday.

As part of an action remediation plan I am looking into proper uptime monitoring tools so I get service check alerts when devices or nodes don't respond for a set period of time. Suggestions are welcome.

I forgot I even had that lol. Thanks for the extension tho!

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• @skorupion said:

@ZizzyDizzyMC said:
    Because I don't like to leave clients hanging, an update is in order.

1. Will there be more stock? Not until I fix this mess.
    2. The beta node was offline for what I could tell probably at least 2 weeks, but maybe less, maybe more.

I did some investigating and the node locally was fine, nothing was wrong with the node itself, business as usual. I didn't dig into the logs, just make sure it's online and the proxmox page wasn't spewing kernel errors. Checks out.
    Router, the router that handles the wifi portion of connecting the node to the vlan that routes to the tunneled portion of the network... Well it had a bad day at some point. Logs were all corrupted so I'm guessing she's not happy with whatever I'm doing to her. Cue router abuse'

I'm gonna own up to my mistake, the 4 clients on the machine will all get 2 months free for this, despite none of them actually submitting a ticket saying "it broke". Not many providers out there that'll own up like that unless questioned so definitely want to be an example.

In addition to this, I've spent a few weeks locating low power nodes that have ethernet onboard and suitable performance specifications to replace the compute stick nodes. I've made 1 purchase of a node, but if anyone here has suggestions for meme nodes feel free if it doesn't break my wallet too hard considering I hand out credit code for these like candy. Would eventually like to earn a dollar back on these someday.

As part of an action remediation plan I am looking into proper uptime monitoring tools so I get service check alerts when devices or nodes don't respond for a set period of time. Suggestions are welcome.

I forgot I even had that lol. Thanks for the extension tho!

No problem, I've edited the post to include the details about a future service upgrade as well, at no cost.

• Looks like situation resolved. This offer is no longer valid, but the lessons learned are.

Thanks to those who helped test and make this possible.

@skorupion feel free to run a new yabs on your node, assuming the transfer went properly. I think you'll be happy with the results.

Thanked by (1)skorupion