Recommendations for British Gifts?

2»

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

At the risk of a short derail of this thread, can one of you UK gents help me out ?
    After reading @ralf 's comment above I felt compelled to find out what is a Twiglet. Needless to say I am no more enlighten after reading about them than before. The statement "The taste of Twiglets, which has been compared to that of Marmite, primarily derives from the yeast extract used in the coating" did not help as I have never had Marmite.

So what does a Twiglet taste like. Could the taste possibly be compared to something that is not UK based?
    Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Thanked by (1)localhost

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @ralf said:

@ahnlak said:
    Depending on how strict your egg restriction is, Twiglets.

(they don't contain egg but do have an allergen warning because their factory uses egg and they're paranoid about cross contamination)

Oh man, last Christmas my Sainsbury's had massively overstocked and were selling the 500g massive cans for about 19p each. I must have bought about 80 or so. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but trust me it's not. The temptation to just eat them all day long is too hard to resist.

80 cans of Twiglets? That's insane.

Why didn't they just give them all to a local food bank?

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @FrankZ said:
    At the risk of a short derail of this thread, can one of you UK gents help me out ?
    After reading @ralf 's comment above I felt compelled to find out what is a Twiglet. Needless to say I am no more enlighten after reading about them than before. The statement "The taste of Twiglets, which has been compared to that of Marmite, primarily derives from the yeast extract used in the coating" did not help as I have never had Marmite.

So what does a Twiglet taste like. Could the taste possibly be compared to something that is not UK based?
    Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

They are very savoury, slightly salty. If you've ever had any yeast extract type product (Vegemite, Vitam-R), that's the closest you're getting in terms of a comparable flavour.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ localhost
  • @FrankZ said:

Awesomeness in small twig form.

I don't think there's a taste like it anywhere else in the world. I should add that some people really hate twiglets (because of the Marmite) but if you like it, you'll ADORE twiglets.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ localhost
  • Oh, and on the subject of Marmite / Twiglets, if Walkers are still doing them, pick up some bags of Marmite crisps and Worcestershire Sauce crisps. They might have been time limited specials, but both were amazing. Probably need to try a supermarket to get them though.

Oh, and I guess Worcestershire sauce. It's awesome. But I guess not suitable for Vegans as it contains anchovies.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @legendary said:

@Janevski said: Philomena Cunk

How her surname pronounces? Kunk or Cunk? Outstanding British accent. "Disgosting" what a pearl.

Conk, with an o.

She is actually based on Ali G by Sacha Barron Cohen:

• edited November 2022

Bunch of Cunks from Bolton.

• Cunks accent is like honey for my soul. It soooo good. Especially when she talks silently. Wondering is there any type of fetish for the woman voice in british accent?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @legendary said:
    Cunks accent is like honey for my soul. It soooo good. Especially when she talks silently. Wondering is there any type of fetish for the woman voice in british accent?

Definitely. Make sure you try them all to see which ones work for you.

• A parrot the speaks only in British Cockney dialect. Perfect gift for you and the family.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:
    A parrot the speaks only in British Cockney dialect. Perfect gift for you and the family.

Worse than that: The parrot speaks Dick Van Dyke's Cockney accent.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Nekki said:

@ahnlak said:
    And Jaffa Cakes.

Did you know they do Jaffa Donuts now?

What?!!!!!!

• @chris said:

@Nekki said:

@ahnlak said:
    And Jaffa Cakes.

Did you know they do Jaffa Donuts now?

What?!!!!!!

For reals. It’s basically the same Jaffa cake ‘sponge’ only shaped like a donut with the same layer of orange stuff and dark chocolate. About 60p for one from your local newsagent or supermarket.