Blesta DirectAdmin module problem - SOLVED

2»

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

That's some great news! Also happy to see, that especially @MikePT and @jarland who are running the ship basically alone (cats/dogs not counted) both were more than happy to help (as expected, I should say) :)
    Glad it's solved!

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin jarland
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited December 2022

@Ympker said:
    That's some great news! Also happy to see, that especially @MikePT and @jarland who are running the ship basically alone (cats/dogs not counted) both were more than happy to help (as expected, I should say) :)
    Glad it's solved!

I must correct you about @jarland - as not only Jarland jumped in and spent quite a lot of time to try and figure the problem out. As far as I can tell, Jarland has assembled a pretty competent team. And, as always, the problem was not related to MXroute (I'm not being sarcastic here - I've been using MXroute since 2018 and can't remember one single major issue which was down to MXroute - it's always some other stuff, or my own blunders :) ).

Thanked by (2)Ympker jarland

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:
    Glad it's solved!

I must correct you about @jarland - as not only Jarland jumped in and spent quite a lot of time to try and figure the problem out. As far as I can tell, Jarland has assembled a pretty competent team. And, as always, the problem was not related to MXroute (I'm not being sarcastic here - I've been using MXroute since 2018 and can't remember one single major issue which was down to MXroute - it's always some other stuff, or my own blunders :) ).

Oh, I always thought MXRoute was a one-man show. Still nice to see everyone coming together to help :)

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin jarland
  • @bikegremlin said:
    It's alive!
    WOOOHOOO! :)

My Blesta is installed on a cPanel reseller hosting account with MDDHosting (Gremlin site links).

After having spent hours, checking various stuff, both MXroute (Gremlin, again) and Blesta suport guys suggested double checking if port 2222 is open.

Having already asked MDDHosting to open that port, I asked them to just double check if it really is open and working, as we were all running out of options and ideas.

Turns out, by mistake, they had made the firewall whitelist rule be inbound instead of outbound. After having fixed that, it all works fine now.

It's fair to note that all the folks from Blesta, MXroute, MyW, and MDDHosting were super-patient and really trying to figure it out and help. Not a single of those service providers gave a "all-works-on-our-end-bug-off" answer, even at times they seemed pretty certain the problem was not on their end. This is something I've learned to highly appreciate over the years, as it's definitely not the norm.

Rakija, ćevapi and beers are on me should any of those wizzards come to Novi Sad.
    Pigeon deliveries abroad are not possible, as all my pigeons are carnivore alcoholics and can't be trusted to deliver the above-listed goods.

Glad to hear it was sorted, I've been busy but I'd seen it in discord and was going to take a look at DA tomorrow to see if I could help

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@chris said:

@bikegremlin said:
    It's alive!
    WOOOHOOO! :)

My Blesta is installed on a cPanel reseller hosting account with MDDHosting (Gremlin site links).

After having spent hours, checking various stuff, both MXroute (Gremlin, again) and Blesta suport guys suggested double checking if port 2222 is open.

Having already asked MDDHosting to open that port, I asked them to just double check if it really is open and working, as we were all running out of options and ideas.

Turns out, by mistake, they had made the firewall whitelist rule be inbound instead of outbound. After having fixed that, it all works fine now.

It's fair to note that all the folks from Blesta, MXroute, MyW, and MDDHosting were super-patient and really trying to figure it out and help. Not a single of those service providers gave a "all-works-on-our-end-bug-off" answer, even at times they seemed pretty certain the problem was not on their end. This is something I've learned to highly appreciate over the years, as it's definitely not the norm.

Rakija, ćevapi and beers are on me should any of those wizzards come to Novi Sad.
    Pigeon deliveries abroad are not possible, as all my pigeons are carnivore alcoholics and can't be trusted to deliver the above-listed goods.

Glad to hear it was sorted, I've been busy but I'd seen it in discord and was going to take a look at DA tomorrow to see if I could help

Thank you. :)

I've updated the tutorial too - should anyone else run into a similar problem: :)

Blesta DirectAdmin module problem – solved

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews