OVH login problem

2»

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

@Neoon said:

@FrankZ said:
    Similar. I created a new OVH Cloud account & ordered a VPS with the 77% special. Paid with a verified PayPal account. Did not use a VPN. They requested ID and a photo of me holding the ID. I submitted a ticket asking them to please cancel the order because I was not going to send them a photo of me holding an ID. They replied to the ticket about 36 hours later and canceled the order.
    Like @Nekki says, fuck ovh (sung to the tune of "She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes")

Wired, I have so many OVH, SYS and KS accounts, never got flagged for Fraud once.
    Even the flagged for manual verification, got enabled within 24 hours.

I'm thinking it was because I put in my real address details in Mexico which would have matched by IP address, but my PayPal account is a US dollar account in the US, although the confirmed PayPal address is my address in Mexico. This disparity gets me locked out of places sometimes it is a good thing, sometimes it sucks.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@AuroraZero said:

@FrankZ said:
    Similar. I created a new OVH Cloud account & ordered a VPS with the 77% special. Paid with a verified PayPal account. Did not use a VPN. They requested ID and a photo of me holding the ID. I submitted a ticket asking them to please cancel the order because I was not going to send them a photo of me holding an ID. They replied to the ticket about 36 hours later and canceled the order.
    Like @Nekki says, fuck ovh (sung to the tune of "She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes")

Now you understand the reason why I have no OVH accounts.

Yes I do. As I am sure that if you send them a photo of you holding your ID it would end up on the front page of the National Enquirer at the check out counter of the local grocery store with the headline "Proof Yetis exist!!!" Sub headline: "Yeti has love child with OVH lesbians!!" with a photo showing you holding your ID, and two lesbians photo shopped in next to you.

Heaven forbid the SUN gets a hold of it. That would be a disaster, total carnage. Nessy would be soo pissed at me. The Aliens would come back and kick my ass not just build pyramids. Atlanteans coming up from the depths to kick me in the balls. Asshats would probably send that douche Aquaman to do it as well.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Inspite of no VPN, active accounts with Kimsufi, SoYouStart, using a direct card (same used everywhere above) and I still got a verification request.

Sigh. Whats going on....

• I'm using @Nekki 's photos for verification, got accepted, no problem at all. you guys should do the same

Thanked by (2)FrankZ shallow
  • @selalumenang said:
    I'm using @Nekki 's photos for verification, got accepted, no problem at all. you guys should do the same

They know I am a Yeti won't work

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2022

Same but I found out why pretty quickly. Their login pages started defaulting to different pages than I had been going to before. So like I'm expecting the Canada login but I'm at a US login page, for example. When you go to the page, make sure you select the country you signed up with before clicking the link to the login page. If you don't remember which one that was, check your saved passwords for the URLs they were saved on.

For example this:

https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/?lang=en_GB#/login

Is not equal to this:

https://ca.kimsufi.com/manager/?lang=en_CA#/login

Most if not all of their brands have subtle distinctions like this. If you're at the wrong page, you won't be able to login. The same login path today might put you at a different page than it did a few weeks ago. Old OVH customers might see this as a good throwback.

Thanked by (2)localhost FrankZ

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.