VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Fritz said:
    @VirMach unfortunately your billing website is dead now.

It'll keep dying right after a service is checked due to timeouts but otherwise it'll be up, it's not on the same infrastructure.

• @Jab said:
    Wait, I can start ticket for each of my affected services and get SLA credits - grand total of 0.02$?!
    Mmmmmm :scream:

Your ticket would be closed as "mass issue" and there's no SLA credits.
    This was what happened to my MIAZ011 ticket last week.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I have opened and closed the work order. I don't know when TYOC007 will be restored, at least there are currently no plans for repairs

• @newlan said:
    I have opened and closed the work order. I don't know when TYOC007 will be restored, at least there are currently no plans for repairs

Thanks for sharing.

Thanked by (2)Brueggus AlwaysSkint
  • NYCB009 has been down for about a day and seems to be on a different IP block. Is there any indication when that node might be restored?

• It's time to screw the IPv4 and assign native IPv6 subnet to every service.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:
    It's time to screw the IPv4 and assign native IPv6 subnet to every service.

testically strong people don't throw IPv4 but scale with IPv6

• @vgood said:
    please, please help, I can't enter the member panel @VirMach because it's blocked by 2FA, can't reinstall or transaction, please follow up on ticket # 261273 (I don't have my old cell phone and no backup code either)

>

please help me @VirMach
    the old ticket was closed virmach, but the problem is still the same. please help me on new ticket Ticket #300350 (03/29/2023)
    Thank You

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited April 2023

so now i can see my AMS VPS panel, original IP 47.87....with no second IP, its "live" on solusvm and whmcs, but cant SSH in

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited April 2023

@cybertech said:
    so now i can see my AMS VPS panel, original IP 47.87....with no second IP, its "live" on solusvm and whmcs, but cant SSH in

Native IPv6 work - if you have it :P

@vgood said:

@vgood said:
    please, please help, I can't enter the member panel @VirMach because it's blocked by 2FA, can't reinstall or transaction, please follow up on ticket # 261273 (I don't have my old cell phone and no backup code either)

>

please help me @VirMach
    the old ticket was closed virmach, but the problem is still the same. please help me on new ticket Ticket #300350 (03/29/2023)
    Thank You

Review this new page:
    https://virmach.com/security/

We'll begin accepting 2FA reset requests on 5/21/2023 and there's a 2 week lockout period for phone.

Thanked by (1)vgood

@rockinmusicgv said:
    NYCB009 has been down for about a day and seems to be on a different IP block. Is there any indication when that node might be restored?

Yeah, it didn't come back long enough for us to be able to complete the planned emergency migration. It's difficult to get back online too, we've been working on that for a long time. Still speaking with RAID controller manufacturer but now it seems like there's a whole set of other issues.

I don't have any more information at the time.

Copying this from the network status page for Frankfurt and Amsterdam.** New IP addresses as follows for Frankfurt & Amsterdam.**

Please go to your service details page, and check the "node" name, and the last portion of your IPv4 address (the bolded number in this example) 47.87.yy.xx and place that portion (.xx) as it matches on the below list for your new IP address. We are still modifying these & still need to change them on the VPS control panel but this is a quick way to know what your new IPv4 address will become.

78.142.228.xx AMSD030
    78.142.229.xx AMSD029
    78.142.230.xx AMSD028
    78.142.231.xx AMSD027
    147.78.240.xx AMSD026
    147.78.241.xx AMSD025
    213.232.112.xx FFME007
    213.232.113.xx FFME006
    213.232.114.xx FFME005
    213.232.115.xx FFME004
    88.214.20.xx FFME003
    88.214.21.xx FFME002
    88.214.23.xx FFME001

Thanked by (2)Calypso titus

@yoursunny said: Your ticket would be closed as "mass issue" and there's no SLA credits.
    This was what happened to my MIAZ011 ticket last week.

Let me try to think of a good way of making sure this doesn't happen, but after everything else I have to look at today.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

back online with new IP.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• by far the most trashy provider I ever used

Thanked by (2)rafanake VirMach
  • How about LA? Sadly have 5 vms with 47.87 prefix.

Thanked by (1)rafanake
  • edited April 2023

@cold said:
    by far the most trashy provider I ever used

chil , have a break
    have a kitkat
    stroll

this one

• @ehab said:

@cold said:

chil , have a break
    have a kitkat
    stroll

this one

im more into plants ;)

• @ehab said:

@cold said:

chil , have a break
    have a kitkat
    stroll

this one

If you're gonna post a bike picture at least post a pretty one. :tongue:

Thanked by (2)ehab AlwaysSkint
  • @cold said:
    im more into plants ;)

• I got new IP but when i reconfigure network it say unknown system detected, even if I ping the server i get few pings while reconfiguring and then it stop again :(
    VNC is shot screen is corrupted and I am not sure how to fix it without googling

• Back online on AMSD029.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• m4num4nu Hosting Provider

Seeing a new IP for AMSD028, but no networking yet.

Simple and secure Borg Backup hosting from $2/month: BorgBase.com

• edited April 2023

@m4nu said: seeing a new IP for AMSD028, but no networking yet.

The same. "Reconfigure network" on 025 and 028 doesn't do anything so far.

• tightvnc, turbovnc, vnc viewer all get garbled screen

• Is it possible to do emergency-login when I disabled password auth entirely? This made me realize that if I can't reach my servers over SSH directly I can't log in because I can't do key auth.

• @MallocVoidstar said: Is it possible to do emergency-login when I disabled password auth entirely?

In vnc should work fine. I have only 1 allowed user on ssh but from vnc i can login with root without problems.

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• m4num4nu Hosting Provider

@MallocVoidstar said:
    Is it possible to do emergency-login when I disabled password auth entirely? This made me realize that if I can't reach my servers over SSH directly I can't log in because I can't do key auth.

You would need to boot into recovery mode and reset the root password. Then log in via console.

Simple and secure Borg Backup hosting from $2/month: BorgBase.com