VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    I offered to help out on making sure payment goes through or it gets extended but you didn't confirm, instead in private messages you tacked on how you also needed VPS controls access and so on. I'm just trying to do the critical time sensitive portion for you sooner, so if you change your mind reply with the confirmation so we can make sure we avoid any termination.

*** okay, continue in Private Message.

• SEAZ001
    Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

• @BHS said:
    SEAZ001
    Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

Its online now

• Refugee offers (RN) out of stock for a short time or forever? Is all stocks gone?

• edited July 2023

@Zreind said: Is all stocks gone?

1. Is all stock gone?
    2. Are all stocks gone? (Multiple items)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

1. Is all stock gone?

I'm not British or American, it's natural for me to make mistakes. And it's okay for you to tell me the truth. BUT, how ethical do you think it is to correct people's wrongs in public? You could have told me that by PM. I'm not saying that because I have a problem with it, I just wouldn't advise you to do it elsewhere.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Zreind said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

1. Is all stock gone?

I'm not British or American, it's natural for me to make mistakes. And it's okay for you to tell me the truth. BUT, how ethical do you think it is to correct people's wrongs in public? You could have told me that by PM. I'm not saying that because I have a problem with it, I just wouldn't advise you to do it elsewhere.

Probably my fault as I have always told @AlwaysSkint that I appreciate when he corrects my English. I am also not a native English speaker. I can understand how you could take it the wrong way, but I find that when he corrects me in public it really motivates me not to continue making the same mistakes over and over again.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@Zreind said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

1. Is all stock gone?

Probably my fault as I have always told @AlwaysSkint that I appreciate when he corrects my English. I am also not a native English speaker. I can understand how you could take it the wrong way, but I find that when he corrects me in public it really motivates me not to continue making the same mistakes over and over again.

It's not a problem, I didn't misunderstand. I wanted to warn he that he might come across an abusive and aggressive person. Some people can become violent after their mistakes are pointed out to them. <3

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Zreind said:
    Refugee offers (RN) out of stock for a short time or forever? Is all stocks gone?

Haven't decided yet. Too many PayPal chargebacks and abuse for them right now. Much higher than other plans so it doesn't make sense to sell like $3000 worth of the plan and have $1000 in chargeback fees. It may come back as annual only and/or no PayPal and/or modified specifications, locations, and pricing to match more recent RN offers.

Thanked by (2)dgc1980 FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said: but I find that when he corrects me in public it really motivates me not to continue making the same mistakes over and over again.

Yo, ya're a masochist indeed

smartass shitposting satirist

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited July 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@FrankZ said: but I find that when he corrects me in public it really motivates me not to continue making the same mistakes over and over again.

No, just comfortable in my own skin. It is hard to learn from your mistakes if you can't accept constructive criticism.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

Okay they're back, I just went and updated them to their BF offers as it is on their site right now. Locations I'll keep the same for now, PayPal taken off for these price match deals. Also Tokyo is $30 setup fee now as of like yesterday, we'll consider lowering it back down after we recoup costs from Tokyo chargebacks (there's a lot of them, it might stay at $30 setup for a while.)

• @VirMach, PHXZ001 is fine now, Solus doesn't show any crap message. Trying to install Debian 10 now, if not, I'll go back to Ubuntu no problem. Thanks for whatever you did to this node.

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, PHXZ001 is fine now, Solus doesn't show any crap message. Trying to install Debian 10 now, if not, I'll go back to Ubuntu no problem. Thanks for whatever you did to this node.

Okay awesome, glad to hear it finally got fixed. I applied the fix I mentioned a few pages back, regarding PHP version mismatch. I was afraid of doing it as that's what initially caused the problem but I noticed SolusVM pushed out another update so perhaps they had fixed the issue finally.

I'll see if I can spend some time focusing on freshening up the templates. Debian 11 had errors so it was disabled. We're long overdue for creating our own templates, I just had pushed out the ones provided by SVM which had some problems.

Thanked by (1)tenpera
  • @Zreind said: I'm not British or American

I don't differentiate, though native speakers can be are the worse "offenders". ;)

• @FrankZ said: .. if you can't accept constructive criticism.

Not that I'm in a position to appraise anyone but your command of the English language has proven to be astounding at times, including humour. :no_mouth:

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@FrankZ said: but I find that when he corrects me in public it really motivates me not to continue making the same mistakes over and over again.

i purposely make mistakes so @AlwaysSkint can coorect me.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said: Also Tokyo is $30 setup fee now as of like yesterday

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can ya low it to $5 for old trustworthy victim customer?

• @cybertech said: i purposely make mistakes..

I never nootised.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @VirMach , can you please look into Ticket #550348? My vps in Tokyo is unreachable for 2 months. It always says "Virtual server not found" on service details page. Not sure if anything wrong with Tokyo node or just my own settings. Really need your help to fix it.
    Applogize if this is not the proper way to ask help.

• edited July 2023

Waive the $30 setup fee

Waive the $30 setup fee

Wives...

• The storage special is actually very good...

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • @xyz said:

@skorous said:

@FrankZ said:

@xyz said:
    @VirMach VM on SEAZ005 have been not reachable for over 3 months. Ip4 47.87.135.xxx . Unsuccessfully tried every troubleshooting steps in the book reconfigure network, re-install various os images, reboot, VNC and verified all networks files, disabled firewall resolver but still not connected to internet and can't ssh from outside. Ticket open for over a month and also created priority ticket $ but no help. Please @VirMach help!

I have a VM on SEAZ005 and the IP I have is in a completely different subnet (72.5.34.xxx). If I try to traceroute what should be your gateway IP ( 47.87.135.1) from my VM on SEAZ005 it shows as 35 ms away at quadranet.com (LAX ?). If you would like to PM me your actual IP and default gateway IP I will double check this for you.

My VM on SEAZ005 has an IP same net as @FrankZ and works fine.

@xyz, Curious, what IP does your panel show in the the Main IP's field.

Panel main IP is same as 47.87.135.xxx inside the gateway 47.87.135.1 but @FrankZ mentioned that is from LAX subnet not sure how I got that in SEA. I did go through a migration from LAX so could be messed up migration

Wanted to call out that finally this got fixed and I was moved to correct subnet on SEAZ005 (72.x). It took almost 4 months to resolved this but that's okay as I was only idling and just thought of exploring some projects. @VirMach thank you @FrankZ

edited July 2023

@xyz said:

@xyz said:

@skorous said:

@FrankZ said:

@xyz said:
    @VirMach VM on SEAZ005 have been not reachable for over 3 months. Ip4 47.87.135.xxx . Unsuccessfully tried every troubleshooting steps in the book reconfigure network, re-install various os images, reboot, VNC and verified all networks files, disabled firewall resolver but still not connected to internet and can't ssh from outside. Ticket open for over a month and also created priority ticket $ but no help. Please @VirMach help!

I have a VM on SEAZ005 and the IP I have is in a completely different subnet (72.5.34.xxx). If I try to traceroute what should be your gateway IP ( 47.87.135.1) from my VM on SEAZ005 it shows as 35 ms away at quadranet.com (LAX ?). If you would like to PM me your actual IP and default gateway IP I will double check this for you.

Panel main IP is same as 47.87.135.xxx inside the gateway 47.87.135.1 but @FrankZ mentioned that is from LAX subnet not sure how I got that in SEA. I did go through a migration from LAX so could be messed up migration

Wanted to call out that finally this got fixed and I was moved to correct subnet on SEAZ005 (72.x). It took almost 4 months to resolved this but that's okay as I was only idling and just thought of exploring some projects. @VirMach thank you @FrankZ

Yeah, I have no idea how your situation happened. I didn't look into it much, I just noticed the IP shouldn't be there. Make sure you reply back so we adjust your due date if it's been that long.

@FAT32 said:
    The storage special is actually very good...

Especially in NYC and biennially. So far it seems like low usage in that location, and it's got the best RAID10 setup out of all of them with 4 hot spares IIRC. And it's technically like 30Gbps or something plus like a few other 1Gbps ports backup.

Thanked by (2)FAT32 skorous
  • @VirMach Can we get a 4th July DVD Special package

$4.7/yr
    4.7GB RAM
    4.7GB NVMe
    470GB Bandwidth

• xyzxyz
    edited July 2023

@VirMach said:

@xyz said:

@xyz said:

@skorous said:

@FrankZ said:

@xyz said:

Yeah, I have no idea how your situation happened. I didn't look into it much, I just noticed the IP shouldn't be there. Make sure you reply back so we adjust your due date if it's been that long.

Thank you @VirMach appreciate if you are able to adjust the due date to further out by 4 months. Here is the ticket # 443926 got merged with few more. Also while I have the privilege of your attention please add ip6 as well. I am not able to get it done using panel/client area, it errors out saying "Unable to find your virtual server" may still be something off...

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@FAT32 said:

Nice to see you. <3
    Hope you are doing well.

Thanked by (3)VirMach FAT32 skorous

@FAT32 said:
    @VirMach Can we get a 4th July DVD Special package

$4.7/yr
    4.7GB RAM
    4.7GB NVMe
    470GB Bandwidth

We have to restore some revenue first before losing more money. Maybe in 2030.

edited July 2023

Around 500~ tickets of backlogs recently processed. About 700 or so still left. If you have an open ticket that's urgent make sure to close it and open it as a priority ticket. Most priority tickets are/have been completed so that queue is cleaned up now and being checked more actively.

If you have a [MERGED} ticket, at this point it will most likely NOT be processed, so close it out and open a new ticket. I've gone through them and all of them that incorrectly merged have been or will be processed still, but the majority are correctly merged and these will be handled LAST or just closed as most are just people creating tickets about their tickets about their tickets and messy to handle at this point.

And then final PSA, if you have a ticket open for anything that was already resolved it's advised to close it.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous

Oh and we're finally working on using GPT to sort out tickets better, and a lot of overhauls are coming in the next few days/weeks/months/years that tries to keep ticket queue clean and guide people to self-help possibilities so we don't end up with ticket backlogs as I hate replying to someone a month later just to let them know they could've just followed a knowledgebase article and nothing's wrong. The majority of tickets could still be classified as such which just isn't good for anyone. Even if we correctly identify them as not critical, people end up having a bad experience if let's say they've bought a Windows VPS and didn't read the welcome email and waiting very long just for us to tell them to read the welcome email.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman