VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• edited September 2023

@AlwaysSkint said:

@rafanake said: should i try the fix network button?

Better off fixing it manually, IME, due to network interface naming - especially if you use static IP, which you should on a server.

[Edit for clarity.]

I Just updated the /etc/network/interfaces
    with the new ip/gateway and now its working again

• its not VPS its IP propagation, I suggest you wait

• edited September 2023

What nodes have new IPs?

NYCB028 have still old IPs.

• JabJab
    edited September 2023

14/35/36 have new IPs, some of those are "close" to OLD IPs - like I have one in 46.X.X.X so I discarded it some time ago as "not updated, still the same range", but it's not :D

also it's still hit & miss

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• LAXA018 has been down for a day without listed on network status page

• All of Seattle nodes are down again. 23 hours passed, :(

• lesuserlesuser OG
    edited September 2023

My NYCB030 VPS is now up as I can see it via VNC and has same IP but can't SSH.

Restart via VNC but same issue. I can log into machine via VNC. And I can see it is assigned same IP when I ran command ip a (and same is shown in billing panel).

• @lesuser said:
    My NYCB030 VPS is now up as I can see it via VNC and has same IP but can't SSH.

Restart via VNC but same issue. I can log into machine via VNC. And I can see it is assigned same IP when I ran command ip a (and same is shown in billing panel).

Have you read the part of the thread where people are talking about the routing issues?

• @skorous said:
    Have you read the part of the thread where people are talking about the routing issues?

New IPs, not his.
    He reported that he (node NYCB030 ) have still the same (old) IP. The same as NYCB028 and most likely several others.

Thanked by (1)lesuser
  • My NYCB015 VM has had a new IP assigned, I did not need to reconfigure networking.
    I can get to it via ssh through a jump box I have at VirMach Amsterdam without using VNC.
    Can ping 8.8.8.8 and 9.9.9.9.
    Most other places I still need to wait for route updates.

Thanked by (2)Mumbly ZA_capetown

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said: has had a new IP assigned

Is it still IP from aliababa/Zenlayer subnet?

• @Mumbly said:

@FrankZ said: has had a new IP assigned

Is it still IP from aliababa/Zenlayer subnet?

IPXO

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Connectivity restored to remaining 3 NYC, IP changes will proceed if not already completed.

Oh also 3 others were waiting for the above 3 to be able to proceed in some ways so completing those too.

Will provide a more detailed plan for other locations loading in from backups after NYC is closed out.

edited September 2023

Huge ticket backlog did eventually build up. All custom created tickets will likely be auto closed, any created using the automatic creator where it assigns an appropriate title will be looked through still. Haven't decided yet.

Keep in mind anyone who opened a ticket about an existing network issue will be flagged accordingly. It just tells us you ignore network status page and helps us handle support queue in the future by skipping your outage reports until all others are handled first, doesn't negatively affect your account in any other way, but if you're seeing this and you opened any ticket about something in anyway related to a node described in network status page, last call to close your ticket.

• NYCB020 still on old IPs

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
    edited September 2023

@SeaScoot said:
    NYCB020 still on old IPs

This is inaccurate, just making an important distinction: not every VM on every server will be done, those may still need to move around to get their new IP address. This is a very small number of services and we're aware ad working on it actively. We just need the last few I mentioned above to complete to proceed with that, as for example, NYCB043 will be receiving a good number of them.

(edit) I believe NYCB020 was one of the ones we specifically listed here as needing to be moved, in which case it means about 20% of them need this change still.

edited September 2023

As for our plans outside of NYC, I'll provide it in greater detail below, I'm still working on that update for you guys, but some of it needs to be changed as we wanted to use Hivelocity which we most definitely will not be doing after what happened yesterday. So we're trying to make up for the units we can no longer use there with them, because I sure as hell am not sending more servers to be trapped there when they're behaving the way they are, they definitely have proven themselves to be the type of company that would potentially hold our hardware hostage while simultaneously ending service. Of course I'm not saying that's definitely the case, just based on my interpretation of everything that's happened so far over 13 abuse reports across like 3 to 4 months.

(edit) There is still a small chance we do, but only after I speak with our account manager and make it clear we're temporarily placing servers here and will need to take them out after and get that in writing.

• @VirMach said:

@SeaScoot said:
    NYCB020 still on old IPs

This is inaccurate, just making an important distinction: not every VM on every server will be done, those may still need to move around to get their new IP address. This is a very small number of services and we're aware ad working on it actively. We just need the last few I mentioned above to complete to proceed with that, as for example, NYCB043 will be receiving a good number of them.

(edit) I believe NYCB020 was one of the ones we specifically listed here as needing to be moved, in which case it means about 20% of them need this change still.

Its 100% accurate for me =)

• JabJab
    edited September 2023

There is the famous popup live... but it's invisible for me and now I can't close it or do anything on service page :D

Okey, you need to kill 'fade' class on modal - it has opacity(0) and seems the fade IN 'animation' that should bring opacity from 0 to 100 is not working/not triggered whatever

and I am not even on mobile lolololol

Service Interruption Update
    This service was part of a mass outage caused by our previous partner abruptly shutting down their operations. Your service has been physically migrated to a new provider and to restore connectivity quickly, your IP address was changed. Please check your control panel to view the new IP address.

If the new IP address does not work and you are using Linux, click the "Re-configure Networking" button. Please note, if we detect any issues after maintenance is complete, we may attempt to reconfigure the IP address for you which may result in 5-10 minutes downtime. If your IP address is still the old address, we are aware and actively working on the remaining changes.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@Jab said: There is the famous popup live... but it's invisible for me and now I can't close it or do anything on service page

Okey, you need to kill 'fade' class on modal - it has opacity(0) and seems the fade IN 'animation' that should bring opacity from 0 to 100 is not working/not triggered whatever

and I am not even on mobile lolololol

Hey now you know I was serious when I said you couldn't close it.

The backstory, the fade always causes issue but it somehow always ends up in our developer's code. Even he knows it, he just replied and said "yea definitely remove the fade class from the modal, forgot to remove it, it always causes issues"

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Jab Wonder_Woman
  • JabJab
    edited September 2023

also seems one of the IPs (104.243.X.X) seems to be fully BGP accepted :D

@VirMach said: Hey now you know I was serious when I said you couldn't close it.

Oh, I would never doubt you about that, I've learned my lesson like <jesus, it's that long?> years ago.

• 204.10.xx.xxx is not even pinging, dead.

@tenpera said:
    204.10.xx.xxx is not even pinging, dead.

Added something to the pop-up message for you.

• @VirMach said: Added something to the pop-up message for you.

I was kind of disappointed that I did not have a pop up message, but I have one now. All is right with the world again. It even has a "close" button that functions as it should.

Thanked by (2)Wonder_Woman skorous

• 45.42.xxx.xx works good, 204.10.xx.xxx not much, but 100% pinging to China, maybe came from Alibaba.

• @VirMach, is it possible to put Migrate button on Seattle node (SEAZ002) (to L.A) (no charge, of course)?

• @tenpera said: @VirMach, is it possible to put Migrate button on Seattle node (SEAZ002) (to L.A) (no charge, of course)?

Doubt this is going to happen as it would probable just screw up the works and the planned migrations already in progress.

Thanked by (1)skorous

• NYCB030 and NYCB043 got new IP. I pressed Fix Internet/Configure button but still cannot SSH to both. Looks like need to wait a little for IP to propagate globally.