VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

@soulchief @ricANNArdo I also have a couple of VMs that were migrated from Dallas that are in this same situation on NYCB45 & NYCB013. One thing that I have noticed in the past, but I am not totally sure that it would apply with these migrations, is when the VM in question shows no operating system in the solusVM panel. Don't do a reinstall or it will break things further. After time, which may take a couple of days, or up to a couple of weeks, the O/S will show up again in the solusVM panel then your VM will work again. I expect that VirMach makes the rounds and fixes them in batches on each node.

EDIT: I also have some expectation that although my VMs show in the panel as being in NYC with the new IPs, they may still be in the process of being migrated. So I'm going to wait a few more days and see if they show up as working by themselves.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@FrankZ said:
    @soulchief @ricANNArdo I also have a couple of VMs that were migrated from Dallas that are in this same situation on NYCB45 & NYCB013. One thing that I have noticed in the past, but I am not totally sure that it would apply with these migrations, is when the VM in question shows no operating system in the solusVM panel. Don't do a reinstall or it will break things further. After time, which may take a couple of days, or up to a couple of weeks, the O/S will show up again in the solusVM panel then your VM will work again. I expect that VirMach makes the rounds and fixes them in batches on each node.

EDIT: I also have some expectation that although my VMs show in the panel as being in NYC with the new IPs, they may still be in the process of being migrated. So I'm going to wait a few more days and see if they show up as working by themselves.

This round, unless it's a very specific different batch which I doubt, should have the data ready once it appears in NYC. So it's not good that it looks like that but I'm checking with the team member that processed these to double check his work and also check how extensively this is happening and on which transfers.

Either bad organization/processing, or bad backups. If it's the former what could possibly fix it would be to power down, then up. Unless it's very bad processing.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman

It could also technically be SolusVM in this case too, as you mentioned, what you described could be related to some config file issue/weird update since that also describes our other issue.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman
  • https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188702/issues-with-ipxo#latest

Welp, sounds familiar.

Hello,

I don't know if anyone has faced similar kinds of issues or not with IPXO like us.

I have an active account with IPXO with 20+ IP ranges leased smoothly. But the problem starts when one ip out of /24 blocks is blacklisted, they suspend the whole account within a minute.
    When we activated our account we mentioned that if any illegal activities like spam, or phishing happened within 24 we'd terminate the service (server, not the IP) and they agreed on it. But still, they suspended the whole account. Now they do not respond to any emails or anything.

Is this only us or does it happen to you also?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Dalz007 is up according to Status page, but actually
    Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

The node may. or may not, be up, but from what I understand there is no network, so the controls from the panel will not work.

EDIT: According to the status page DALZ007 is/was in the process of being migrated as of yesterday to NYC. So you're probably not on DALZ007 anymore anyway. When the controls do come back up, you should note the hew node that you are on now for future reference.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• JabJab
    edited September 2023

Schrödinger's node

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    Schrödinger's node

LOL, exactly.

• I have one VPS transfered to NYCB011X show OS but no boot, and looks like reinstall is no go (as I do not need data)

• @FrankZ said: So your you're probably not on DALZ007 anymore anyway

Fixed that for you.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • edited September 2023

Phoenix has been down for two days.
    Wednesday is now over, if we consider normal business hours.

Will we get SLA credits for $0.00/month service?
    Asking for a friend.

Thanked by (2)bakageta admax

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• May I ask if DALZ007 is finally moving to NYC?

NYC is a terrible location for me, is there any possibility of staying in Dallas or moving back to Dallas in the future?

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @reb0rn said: I have one VPS transfered to NYCB011X show OS but no boot, and looks like reinstall is no go (as I do not need data)

Does it show an O/S in solusVM, or just the billing panel ?

• @tulipyun said:
    May I ask if DALZ007 is finally moving to NYC?

NYC is a terrible location for me, is there any possibility of staying in Dallas or moving back to Dallas in the future?

Read what VirMach said about this here

Thanked by (1)tulipyun

• @Frankz read what @tulipyun wrote again please.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:
    @Frankz read what @tulipyun wrote again please.

A few comments up I said...

According to the status page DALZ007 is/was in the process of being migrated as of yesterday to NYC.

The VirMach comments that I linked to were interpreted by me as saying that Dallas is not going to be a VirMach location, at least in the near term, and it was unknown if that location would come back in the longer term.

What am I missing ?

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero skorous

• @FrankZ said:

@AuroraZero said:
    @Frankz read what @tulipyun wrote again please.

A few comments up I said...

According to the status page DALZ007 is/was in the process of being migrated as of yesterday to NYC.

The VirMach comments that I linked to were interpreted by me as saying that Dallas is not going to be a VirMach location, at least in the near term, and it was unknown if that location would come back in the longer term.

What am I missing ?

My bad I need to stop and go do something else. I actually thought he said Dallas was bad for him and could it be moved to Dallas.

I do not like myself at the moment. I need to go to bed and forget everything for about 15-16 hours. I think I may have blew the ram right out of my brain.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said: My bad I need to stop and go do something else. I actually thought he said Dallas was bad for him and could it be moved to Dallas.

I do not like myself at the moment. I need to go to bed and forget everything for about 15-16 hours. I think I may have blew the ram right out of my brain.

Just remember that we like you, even when you might not like yourself. :)
    I have no issue with what you said , and honestly thought I was the one missing something.
    Of course getting some sleep is never a bad thing, given that you have been hitting it pretty hard for some time now.
    (according to my stalker cam)

• @FrankZ said:

@reb0rn said: I have one VPS transfered to NYCB011X show OS but no boot, and looks like reinstall is no go (as I do not need data)

Yeah it's there also
    If I try VNC it show: Authentication failed...

• @reb0rn said:

@FrankZ said:

@reb0rn said: I have one VPS transfered to NYCB011X show OS but no boot, and looks like reinstall is no go (as I do not need data)

Yeah it's there also
    If I try VNC it show: Authentication failed...

Interesting, I also get "Authentication failed", both before and after changing the password for VNC, for my broken migrated VM on NYCB45. This seems to be effecting more than just a couple of VMs so I would expect that the VirMach crew is aware and looking for a solution.

• @FrankZ said:

@AuroraZero said: My bad I need to stop and go do something else. I actually thought he said Dallas was bad for him and could it be moved to Dallas.

Just remember that we like you, even when you might not like yourself. :)
    I have no issue with what you said , and honestly thought I was the one missing something.
    Of course getting some sleep is never a bad thing, given that you have been hitting it pretty hard for some time now.
    (according to my stalker cam)

Yeah Virmach got me again. This is brutal anymore. Time to go with the big boys for security I suppose.

edited September 2023

NYC connectivity should be up for the new blocks/migrations now. I'm just checking it further and will then update the network status page. Phoenix has been racked and should be ready, but BGP hasn't updated yet, I'm waiting to see if it slowly starts to show signs of life but I won't be able to check it any other way as I believe IPMI is still waiting.

San Jose... very long story. "Short" version, I believe (I may be incorrect) that there was miscommunication on their end since so many people are involved and that it's possible they haven't actually yet properly set up the networking on their end. The person assisting us with the IP announcements did check and showed it was configured on their router, however, some other things were said that makes me think maybe transit was never ready and we were just told everyone's ready and just waiting on IPv4 & racking. When I told them plans to do it sooner to get it up, by flying into San Jose, no one really said "no, the network drop isn't ready." So I don't know. It could of course be configuration issue on our end but we couldn't even ping their gateway or get any type of response.

They abruptly stopped replying to me at 1:44PM after otherwise communicating pretty quickly, so I don't know what happened. I'm trying to reach their support department now so it goes to someone who is available instead of email chains with very specific people that maybe work eastern time and left at 2PM (just a guess?)

Edit -- I do want to add something I remember specifically asking/mentioning, something along the lines of "okay, so if I fly to San Jose, to try to get customers up sooner, that is possible, right?" And I basically got a confirmation. I'm really hoping it's just my screw-up and they confirm everything so we at least have a chance of fixing it, otherwise it seems like it'll go into a communication loop on their end and take until Friday/Saturday.

• @VirMach, pls confirm whether DALZ007 moved to N.Y or stays.
    Also Migrating from Seattle to LAX is on hold or going forward?

• @tenpera said:
    @VirMach, pls confirm whether DALZ007 moved to N.Y or stays.
    Also Migrating from Seattle to LAX is on hold or going forward?

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/150211/#Comment_150211

DAL is going bye bye until further notice.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Happy to see that my Dallas VMs that were all on the same server are now spread out on multiple NYC servers. They are all offline though. SolusVM seems to go through the motions of doing stuff, like telling me the servers booted successfully --- but they dont.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

@JoeMerit said:
    Happy to see that my Dallas VMs that were all on the same server are now spread out on multiple NYC servers. They are all offline though. SolusVM seems to go through the motions of doing stuff, like telling me the servers booted successfully --- but they dont.

When you go into solusVM does it show a blank under "Operating System" on the first page ?
    Does it give you an "Authentication failed" error message when you try to use VNC ?
    If so, you are not alone.

What nodes are you on in NYC that does this ?
    Just to let VirMach know if this issue is affecting some nodes and not others.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

I just saw this on the OGF and though it might be of interest to VirMach and others.

IPXO said:
    Hey everyone!

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We welcome the opportunity to clarify our policies and procedures.

Firstly, there seems to be a misunderstanding regarding account suspension. Suspension does not impact your existing services or leased IP addresses. Instead, it temporarily restricts your ability to purchase new services until the underlying issue has been resolved.

We are committed to maintaining a high standard of integrity for the IP addresses available through our marketplace. However, while we remain vigilant against abuse, we also understand mishaps can occur. That's why we allow a tolerance of two incidents per client each month. If a client exceeds the tolerance threshold, we apply an incident handling fee. You can read more about our abuse handling policy here: https://www.ipxo.com/kb/abuse-prevention-and-reputation/abuse-incident-handling-marketplace/

Primary Reasons for Account Suspension:

• If at least one subnet is listed in SpamHaus SBL account will be suspended until the issue is fully resolved.
    • Hijacking a subnet for more than 48H with repetitive illegal announcements.
    • Abuse reports escalated by IP owners, companies, or users (e.g., SPAM, phishing, attacks, copyright infringements).
    • Recurring abuse despite client's confirmation of resolution.

Primary Reasons for Account Termination:

• If a client confirms issue resolution but abuse keeps reoccurring, and no response is received to our abuse reports within 24 hours, we may terminate the offending subnet. However, before taking the action to terminate we always check the correspondence with client, what actions were taken, and how the issue is/was resolved.
    • If we detect signs of spamming activities and spammer setup indications and the client fails to address the issue for a prolonged time or is unresponsive.

No termination is carried out without careful consideration of all positions, if the client is responsive, we terminate only in the exceptional cases.

IPXO’s purpose is to fill the market void by providing a platform where businesses can come and lease IP addresses for a defined period. Additionally, it serves as the primary destination for IP holders who wish to monetize their addresses. We are committed to assisting our clients in finding the essential tools and resources for effective IP management. If you encounter any issues or have concerns, our expert team is always available to help!

Hope this helps clear up the misconception!

Thanked by (2)skorous AlwaysSkint

• Btw... Tampa and Chicago are "fine" or we should think about migrations too?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

As far as I know the current migrations are due to the Dedipath closure. The Tampa (Hivelocity) and Chicago DC1 (Quadranet) and Chicago DC2 (Hivelocity) were unaffected by the Dedipath closure.

• edited September 2023

My VPS on node "NYCB021" in offline status. All control options are available on SolusVM panel. When I try to 'boot' the VPS, the panel confirm: "Success!", but after that ,the VPS status remain in 'offline' status on SolusVM and WHMCS too. The new IP address looks like working (Probably the VPS needs only a 'Reconfigure Networking' process - but cant do it, because it offline).

Anyone have experience VPS's from this node (NYCB021)? I not seen any information from this node (or just made a mistake and not found it)? Thank You! PS: Ther was not mounted any ISO, but clicked the 'Unmount' button.