VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @Jab said:
    REST IN PEACE FRANKFURT

frankfurt was top!

Thanked by (2)someTom ZA_capetown
  • Do you guys think @VirMach even made to Amsterdam or was arrested and put in jail for speeding on German autobahn? :D

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Jab said:
    Do you guys think @VirMach even made to Amsterdam or was arrested and put in jail for speeding on German autobahn? :D

he was in AMS first wasnt he?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said: he was in AMS first wasnt he?

No, migration is from Frankfurt to Amsterdam.
    Last sign of life was "I killed Frankfurt, time to drive to Amsterdam".

@Jab said:

@cybertech said: he was in AMS first wasnt he?

No, migration is from Frankfurt to Amsterdam.
    Last sign of life was "I killed Frankfurt, time to drive to Amsterdam".

welp, new day new happenings!

• @VirMach please look into LAXA018, network issue still persist

• Is there a recovery plan for TYOC005?

• Hello guys, I was keeping a database on a VPS from Virmach, which happened to be in Frankfurt. Initially, it was of little value so I didn't keep any backups or anything. I was planning to take it all off the next month and this mess happened.
    Now the question is: how screwed am I? Is data loss likely at this point? :worried:

@nooneatall said:
    Hello guys, I was keeping a database on a VPS from Virmach, which happened to be in Frankfurt. Initially, it was of little value so I didn't keep any backups or anything. I was planning to take it all off the next month and this mess happened.
    Now the question is: how screwed am I? Is data loss likely at this point? :worried:

you would have to assume so

• my frankfurt vps is killed and not yet reborn in amsterdamn!

• This (Frankfurt) is starting to get annoyiing.
    No email notifications just a message which no one would read until the move happened (even though the site says emails are being sent).
    12-18 hours downtime except it is almost 3 days (so far).
    Backup server available and when activated you eventually get a cloudflare error and cannot access either new or old server.
    As usual NO FEEDBACK from @VirMach
    I appreciate / hope you are working at getting this resolved, but you have heard these compllaints and moans so many times before, yet you still keep on repeating the same errors. To me it really does sound like you don't really care about the customers.

Thanked by (1)poljik7
  • Update-- we are still awaiting networking but the servers were successfully migrated & powered on within the original expected timeframe.

Thanked by (1)titus
  • @msatt said:

yet you still keep on repeating the same errors.

Not being a jerk but so do you. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, ..........."

• JabJab
    edited May 27

@nooneatall said:

Update-- we are still awaiting networking but the servers were successfully migrated & powered on within the original expected timeframe.

Please, @VirMach this is like a slap in the face with a rotting fish. Shit is not working, people angry, no updates... you can't just like 48h later claim original expected timeframe [we wait for network]. It's working or not - there is no between state for customers :D

Thanked by (1)Brueggus

• @nooneatall said:

Update-- we are still awaiting networking but the servers were successfully migrated & powered on within the original expected timeframe.

So where is this message (public) ?
    If "awaiting networking" why was this not resolved BEFORE the move @VirMach

@skorous said: Not being a jerk but so do you. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, ..........."

Not being a jerk - contract is for 3 years - and I want virmach to survive and grow :o

• JabJab
    edited May 27

@msatt said: So where is this message (public) ?

The same place as every other message is, network status page, why you still shocked? :D

• @msatt said:

@nooneatall said:

So where is this message (public) ?
    If "awaiting networking" why was this not resolved BEFORE the move @VirMach

@skorous said: Not being a jerk but so do you. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, ..........."

Not being a jerk - contract is for 3 years - and I want virmach to survive and grow :o

Virmach did three year deals?

• Thanked by (1)Brueggus
  • edited May 27

Just following along to see if there is any news about my AMS servers coming back online (not from FRA). I'm sure he's busy with something that went wrong and doesn't have time to update here right now

• JabJab
    edited May 28

virmach-shpitzer is now UP
    Downtime: 2d 21 hr 20 min

WE BACK BOIS.

EDIT:

ABORT

virmach-shpitzer is now DOWN
    Noticed at: 2024-05-28 01:50:43 (UTC 01:00)
    Encountered errors:
    Amsterdam: Timeout (5 sec)
    London: Timeout (5 sec)
    Frankfurt: Timeout (5 sec)
    Warsaw: Timeout (5 sec)

EDIT2:
    One more server back, Downtime: 2d 21 hr 26 min, probably gonna go offline in like 5 minutes ^.-
    EDIT3:
    Lasted like a minute, back offline :F
    Two more servers booted for like a minute, two.

Thanked by (2)nooneatall titus

• edited May 28

Hello guys, I was keeping a database on a VPS from Virmach, which happened to be in Frankfurt. Initially, it was of little value so I didn't keep any backups or anything. I was planning to take it all off the next month and this mess happened.

It's up, I wasn't screwed.

• I did request a secondary server which resulted in a continuous cloudflare error.
    Happy to say original server is back but billing cpanel is not showing it, just the -secondary.
    Going to the advanced cpanel via the -secondary link, I can see both original and secondary.

• edited May 28

DE -> NL

Down for 5 h, 54 min
    The reason is No Response.
    Details:Ping Responded Unsuccessfully
    May 28, 2024, 03:07 GMT +02:00

Running again
    May 28, 2024, 02:55 GMT +02:00

Down for 69 h, 22 min
    The reason was No Response.
    Details:Ping Responded Unsuccessfully
    May 25, 2024, 05:33 GMT +02:0

• JabJab
    edited May 28

If your server is offline... you need to click the Boot button in WHMCS/SolusVM.
    Thanks automotion!

except FFME003 that seems to be offline :<

Thanked by (3)Mumbly poljik7 titus

• Let's see then, what does this button do.

• It works!

The node still shows FFME004.VIRM.AC as its name, and surprisingly, even the 'german' IPv6 works. My original NL (AMSD035) is without IPv6.

• edited May 28

@Jab said:
    If your server is offline... you need to click the Boot button in WHMCS/SolusVM.
    Thanks automotion!

except FFME003 that seems to be offline :<

yeah, my vps on FFME003 is still offline, 3.5 days of downtime

Amsterdam is the new frankfurt!

Business as usual

• @cybertech said:
    Amsterdam is the new frankfurt!

Business as usual

reminds me of someone...

• it seems like shared hosting is offline, and has been offline for awhile, too