VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Chisato said:

@taizi said:

@Chisato said: made you choose a combination of amateur hardware that is unreliable for the VPS hosting

maybe not related, but what do you think about hetzner, seems they also use some home-tier hardware, not VPS but dedi.

Home-tier hardware works well, until it breaks. When it breaks, Hetzner provides prompt support, whilst Virmach tells you "wrong company" for reaching out support(You can check his comments in this thread, edit: He is being funny, don't take it seriously).

For the added complexity and variables for VPS hosting, enterprise-grade hardware(EPYC/Xeon) would be a more mature decision.

Welp @Virmach, please don't take my harsh words in this thread seriously, I typed them here for the main purpose of practicing English during univ winter break at home. You are actually a nice guy, generous enough to support the low-end spirit with unsustainable pricing, just with a little high ego and a little inexperienced.

its not easy to find a boss(business owner) without high ego.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired
    edited January 2023

@AlwaysSkint said:

@cybertech said: i get it, this a thread for moaning.
    @AuroraZero said: we couldn't give two shits
    @AuroraZero said: look like more of an ass then than you already do.

Having fun? Told @FrankZ irritated Yeti and a keyboard is not a nice mix of things. I admit freely I make mistakes and own up to them.

@cybertech said:

@Chisato said:

@taizi said:

@Chisato said: made you choose a combination of amateur hardware that is unreliable for the VPS hosting

maybe not related, but what do you think about hetzner, seems they also use some home-tier hardware, not VPS but dedi.

Home-tier hardware works well, until it breaks. When it breaks, Hetzner provides prompt support, whilst Virmach tells you "wrong company" for reaching out support(You can check his comments in this thread, edit: He is being funny, don't take it seriously).

For the added complexity and variables for VPS hosting, enterprise-grade hardware(EPYC/Xeon) would be a more mature decision.

Welp @Virmach, please don't take my harsh words in this thread seriously, I typed them here for the main purpose of practicing English during univ winter break at home. You are actually a nice guy, generous enough to support the low-end spirit with unsustainable pricing, just with a little high ego and a little inexperienced.

Mine is as high as the employees smoking meth.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @cybertech said:

The ex-CEO of a multi-billion dollar company Bytedance, Yiming Zhang(张一鸣), repeatedly stressed the importance of maintaining self-low ego, self-awareness, self-control, and introspection src(Chinese).

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Chisato said: It's obvious that you didn't do much testing and skipped the staging process before shipping hardware to colocation data centers.

You're forgetting a very important factor outside of our control that didn't allow for what was obviously necessary. There was a lot of work and research put into it, more than you can imagine, and it's the only reason we were able to weather through it all. Remember that no matter what you believe about these things, the hard data shows that it's a clear exaggeration.

@Chisato said: For the added complexity and variables for VPS hosting, enterprise-grade hardware(EPYC/Xeon) would be a more mature decision.

I agree with you here. However, the customers seemed to be more interested in Ryzen and moving in that direction. We do have Epyc/Xeon nodes and had them first, for testing, before Ryzen. At this point I can't tell you the exact series of events that led us down the path we took in terms of the Ryzen vs Epyc debate, but some definite factors included the reality of it all given the timing, something you seem to be ignoring.

To be able to go with Epyc nodes, for example, we would have to consider the availability of the hardware in that specific timeframe, vendor stock levels, lead time, where we were at with the product cycles, deadlines, and funding. It would end up as an inferior product based on how the existing customers would end up being packed onto servers.

It just didn't make sense at the time. Now it definitely does.

@Chisato said: Home-tier hardware works well, until it breaks. When it breaks, Hetzner provides prompt support, whilst Virmach tells you "wrong company" for reaching out support(You can check his comments in this thread, edit: He is being funny, don't take it seriously).

The issues we're facing is far past it being related to "home-tier hardware."

You're focusing essentially on one event a long time ago with XPG, which we had to purchase (and which by the way we thoroughly tested, just obviously ended up with a terrible batch at minimum) out of necessity due to supply chain issues. We obviously could not purchase or consider let's say a preferred brand 2TB drive for $330-350 inflated price at the time and even if we wanted it, they were backordered. That's when the XPG purchase occurred.

They were also using the proper controller but this is around the same time they did a bait-and-switch with hardware parts, even reputable companies did it, due to supply chain issues.

Thanked by (1)Chisato
  • however, i now also have a virmach ryzen machine ffm and, i must admit, so far i am thrilled.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@VirMach said:

@Chisato said: It's obvious that you didn't do much testing and skipped the staging process before shipping hardware to colocation data centers.

You're forgetting a very important factor outside of our control that didn't allow for what was obviously necessary. There was a lot of work and research put into it, more than you can imagine, and it's the only reason we were able to weather through it all. Remember that no matter what you believe about these things, the hard data shows that it's a clear exaggeration.

@Chisato said: For the added complexity and variables for VPS hosting, enterprise-grade hardware(EPYC/Xeon) would be a more mature decision.

I agree with you here. However, the customers seemed to be more interested in Ryzen and moving in that direction. We do have Epyc/Xeon nodes and had them first, for testing, before Ryzen. At this point I can't tell you the exact series of events that led us down the path we took in terms of the Ryzen vs Epyc debate, but some definite factors included the reality of it all given the timing, something you seem to be ignoring.

To be able to go with Epyc nodes, for example, we would have to consider the availability of the hardware in that specific timeframe, vendor stock levels, lead time, where we were at with the product cycles, deadlines, and funding. It would end up as an inferior product based on how the existing customers would end up being packed onto servers.

It just didn't make sense at the time. Now it definitely does.

@Chisato said: Home-tier hardware works well, until it breaks. When it breaks, Hetzner provides prompt support, whilst Virmach tells you "wrong company" for reaching out support(You can check his comments in this thread, edit: He is being funny, don't take it seriously).

The issues we're facing is far past it being related to "home-tier hardware."

You're focusing essentially on one event a long time ago with XPG, which we had to purchase (and which by the way we thoroughly tested, just obviously ended up with a terrible batch at minimum) out of necessity due to supply chain issues. We obviously could not purchase or consider let's say a preferred brand 2TB drive for $330-350 inflated price at the time and even if we wanted it, they were backordered. That's when the XPG purchase occurred.

They were also using the proper controller but this is around the same time they did a bait-and-switch with hardware parts, even reputable companies did it, due to supply chain issues.

after all that, what is/are the top cause(s) for the latest down times now?

has all XPGs been replaced by now?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited January 2023

Thanks @Virmach, for sharing and explicating these hosting industry insights and behind-scenes in detail for this community. What appears to be a dumpster fire is actually a combination of so many unfortunate factors and events happening at the same time.

I hope that one day soon, there will be no "We are aware of a service impacting issue" banner on your billing client area homepage.

Thanked by (1)someTom
  • Hi @VirMach , while you got some time, can you let me know about restoring of my vps account? Invoice 1529276

Thank you.

• @LowLevelChan said:
    Hi @VirMach , while you got some time, can you let me know about restoring of my vps account? Invoice 1529276

Thank you.

Are you going to keep spamming the same every day?

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint tetech
  • @risturiz said:

@LowLevelChan said:
    Hi @VirMach , while you got some time, can you let me know about restoring of my vps account? Invoice 1529276

Thank you.

No, sometimes he'll do it twice.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • As an onlooker, I discovered an interesting thing.
    VirMach has softened his stance recently.
    Is he suffering from no sales?

• @ruikno said:
    As an onlooker, I discovered an interesting thing.

no ... but maybe less sex.

• @ruikno said:

More like the heavy abusers are long gone and now it's just the light abusers remaining so he's more open to working with them.

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

@soulchief said:

@ruikno said:

More like the heavy abusers are long gone and now it's just the light abusers remaining so he's more open to working with them.

Let me show you some interesting things.

Flash sale typo, someone bought it: You are all MJJs, I flagged you all, I will modify the specs.
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/116823/#Comment_116823

This sale typo, no one bought it: If anyone bought it before we updated, I'll honor the original specifications if they make a ticket.
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/125242/#Comment_125242

• I don't see any softening tbh.
    If you ask nicely, post nicely and don't have 781578187568718751875871875 accounts VirMach was always pretty easy to work with and figure something out. If you have 71588175871 accounts and then farming referrals money on top of that or goes with "FUCK YOUR MATHER!!111" - yeah, never.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @ruikno said:
    Flash sale typo, someone bought it: You are all MJJs, I will flag you all, I will modify the specs.

This sale typo, no one bought it: If anyone bought it before we updated, I'll honor the original specifications if they make a ticket.

Holy shit, do you really compare 11 cores that would make this offer XX times expensive and probably kill the node(s) to... 2GB of RAM that it's like nothing? :D

also there was never 'flag you', it was I've marked them and made a list and we'll contact people and have some kind of resolution for it, either spread them out, refund and provide some time for free or something like that.
    Imagine - that guy made a list of people to contact because of typo, what a fucker, he should instant ban them!11oneoeneon!n1oen

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

I think VirMach must keep tough stance otherwise MJJs will be back.

• @Jab said:

@ruikno said:
    Flash sale typo, someone bought it: You are all MJJs, I will flag you all, I will modify the specs.

Holy shit, do you really compare 11 cores that would make this offer XX times expensive and probably kill the node(s) to... 2GB of RAM that it's like nothing? :D

also there was never 'flag you', it was I've marked them and made a list and we'll contact people and have some kind of resolution for it, either spread them out, refund and provide some time for free or something like that.
    Imagine - that guy made a list of people to contact because of typo, what a fucker, he should instant ban them!11oneoeneon!n1oen

Calm down bro, I'm with VirMach, I'm with you.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cybertech said:
    you guys sound real gay.
    @risturiz said:

@LowLevelChan said:

Thank you.

I told him to do it once a day. So That one is on me.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:
    you guys sound real gay.
    @risturiz said:

@LowLevelChan said:

Thank you.

I told him to do it once a day. So That one is on me.

He is in the bitchcomplain,moan,praise thread. It's reasonable. Is he cutting his own throat by getting himself marked annoying? Likely.

@ruikno said: Flash sale typo, someone bought it: You are all MJJs, I flagged you all, I will modify the specs.

I think your paraphrasing of what was stated is way off here. It was a typo where 1 core --> 11 cores. Entire server has 24 or 32 cores. We didn't flag people, they were already flagged, we didn't just modify the specs back to the original. We cancelled/refunded, or gave people option to cancel/refund, get somewhere in between as a free upgrade, or get original specifications at a lower price.

It'd be good for no one if we just kept all of them 11 core because no one would be able to use it all, it'd be way oversold.

@ruikno said: This sale typo, no one bought it: If anyone bought it before we updated, I'll honor the original specifications if they make a ticket.

Exaggerated joke, it was my way of saying there's a low chance people purchased it and expected the published specifications by then. That one I can honor because it wasn't a major difference like 1 --> 11 cores, it was 4GB vs 2GB RAM and 2 vs 1 core.

I don't remember what I did for the 11 core issue but I think I offered 2 to 4 cores as one of the options, so that's 1 core to 2 to 4 cores, which is closer/slightly above what I was willing to honor here.

Thanked by (3)dgc1980 FrankZ AlwaysSkint
    edited January 2023

@ruikno said:

Look at our recent reviews: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/virmach.com

We definitely haven't softened our stance, whether anyone thinks that's good or bad. A bunch of people upset we dealt with their chargebacks, most of them were multi-account/MJJ. Others upset orders cancelled.

Sales are definitely lower but that's normal. We did black friday sale late so a lot of people already went with other providers/spent their budget there for the year. Then we did a flash sale and people already made purchases there. So naturally another sale close to the last will be slower.

If you compare with how we used to do sales there were larger gaps between them in the past.

Oh and we did basically prevent a lot of the previously flagged accounts from being able to make purchases so it seems like they finally stopped trying as much. For the flash sale there was a bypass, not anymore.

• @VirMach said:

@ruikno said:

We definitely haven't softened our stance, whether anyone thinks that's good or bad. A bunch of people upset we dealt with their chargebacks, most of them were multi-account/MJJ. Others upset orders cancelled.

Wow, that account banned review looks so pathetic, why don't you reply to his doubts?

• @VirMach said:

@ruikno said:

Sales are definitely lower but that's normal. We did black friday sale late so a lot of people already went with other providers/spent their budget there for the year. Then we did a flash sale and people already made purchases there. So naturally another sale close to the last will be slower.

If you compare with how we used to do sales there were larger gaps between them in the past.

Oh and we did basically prevent a lot of the previously flagged accounts from being able to make purchases so it seems like they finally stopped trying as much. For the flash sale there was a bypass, not anymore.

This is what I love about Virmach - the transparency. I'm positive it causes him a panoply of issues but I appreciate it.

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

@ruikno said:

Wow. Another question is, what percentage of sales have MJJs made in the past?

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    We cancelled/refunded, or gave people option to cancel/refund, get somewhere in between as a free upgrade, or get original > specifications at a lower price.

Can everyone who was part of this expect a refund because mine is still pending? I replied to this the same day but the ticket is now merged with IPv6 Request sitting "on hold." Can you take a look - at #894785

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    I don't remember what I did for the 11 core issue but I think I offered 2 to 4 cores as one of the options, so that's 1 core to 2 to 4 cores, which is closer/slightly above what I was willing to honor here.

I googled it in hostloc and sure enough it was MJJ who bought it, but he accused you of not refunding him. lol.

https://hostloc-com.translate.goog/thread-1117990-1-1.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en
    https://hostloc-com.translate.goog/thread-1118115-1-1.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

@ruikno said: Wow. Another question is, what percentage of sales have MJJs made in the past?

Revenue? Previously, very low. Very rough estimate, maybe 5% of our revenue.

@ruikno said:

@VirMach said:

I googled it in hostloc and sure enough it was MJJ who bought it, but he accused you of not refunding him. lol.

https://hostloc-com.translate.goog/thread-1117990-1-1.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en
    https://hostloc-com.translate.goog/thread-1118115-1-1.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Almost everything I've read there as well as a good portion of the reviews are obviously highly fabricated or bending of the truth. It's basically how everything operates today, everyone has to pretend like they were almost murdered any time things don't go their way as a customer.

If you want to see negative reviews that are closer to the truth, for example, the easiest thing you can do is look at the 2 star instead of 1 star. This doesn't only apply to us, pretty much everyone/everywhere.

Thanked by (1)nutjob
  • ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    Almost everything I've read there as well as a good portion of the reviews are obviously highly fabricated or bending of the truth. It's basically how everything operates today, everyone has to pretend like they were almost murdered any time things don't go their way as a customer.

If you want to see negative reviews that are closer to the truth, for example, the easiest thing you can do is look at the 2 star instead of 1 star. This doesn't only apply to us, pretty much everyone/everywhere.

Great idea, but in the past 12 months we have received 19 5-stars, 2 4-stars, 3 3-stars, 6 2-stars and 96 1-star, we must do something to change it.

Because after I read more and more 1-star reviews, my opinion began to be shaken.

@ruikno said:

@VirMach said:

@ruikno said:

Wow, that account banned review looks so pathetic, why don't you reply to his doubts?

He's clearly not interested in me being able to provide a response.

He says he "decided" to leave. Doesn't sound like a decision if he's claiming his account was banned (which makes no sense depending on what he means by that, but whatever.) His flash sale has been pending for 20 days and still not delivered, with the review written 2 days ago. Highly unlikely, unless there's again some missing information (did he perhaps open a payment dispute? Did he omit that it was canceled AND refunded?)