Vultr New Free Plan

2»

Comments

• @tmntwitw said:
    For those who signed up in March 2023 last year, just a friendly reminder that the free tier period is ending soon.

Don't forget to delete the instance if you are no longer using it. (I almost forgot about it)

What would happen if we do not remove the VM? I see the following options:

• They remove the VM themselves
    • They provide an extension of the free tier period
    • They start charging for the VM, presumably less than normal services, as it is smaller
    • They offer the upgrade to a bigger, regular VM

We will see next week, but I see no reason for discarding mine ahead of time.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Nyr said:

I'll be doing the same. I went back to all past emails and looked around in the portal, but I didn't find any reference to "one year" for the free tier. Also less concerned as I have 20 bucks of credit in my account from god knows when.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

FYI the free instance has a redeploy limit.

If you shut down the instance you can relaunch it up to twice per month.

Messing with terraform against vultr...so for it's looking great. In particular the block storage looks cheap, so should be feasible to keep the storage throughout the month an spin up the VPS as needed

• @Mason said: I went back to all past emails and looked around in the portal, but I didn't find any reference to "one year" for the free tier

This? https://my.vultr.com/settings/#settingsfreetier

Your Free Tier starts on **-**-** and will end on **-**-**.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

@tototo said:

@Mason said: I went back to all past emails and looked around in the portal, but I didn't find any reference to "one year" for the free tier

This? https://my.vultr.com/settings/#settingsfreetier

Your Free Tier starts on **-**-** and will end on **-**-**.

Hadn't seen that, thanks!!! Yeah... mine ends on the 9th. Ohh well

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Nyr said:

@tmntwitw said:
    For those who signed up in March 2023 last year, just a friendly reminder that the free tier period is ending soon.

Don't forget to delete the instance if you are no longer using it. (I almost forgot about it)

What would happen if we do not remove the VM? I see the following options:

• They remove the VM themselves
    • They provide an extension of the free tier period
    • They start charging for the VM, presumably less than normal services, as it is smaller
    • They offer the upgrade to a bigger, regular VM

Thanks for the heads up! Mine expires on the 9th... We'll see what happens. If the price is reasonable, I'll keep it.

• How long does it remain free? 12 months?

• I kept the "Free Tier" instance (Seattle) for about 3 days past its expiration, but there were no charges incurred.
    So, when I attempted to destroy the instance and create a new one, "'Free" was no longer available!

• Remember to cancel your formerly free instances... I left mine and now I owe them some $4...

Thanked by (3)_MS_ tototo Mason
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Hosting Provider

@mockingbird said:
    Remember to cancel your formerly free instances... I left mine and now I owe them some $4...

same

• Weird, they have not billed me, and my free tier expired weeks ago.

• @Nyr said:
    Weird, they have not billed me, and my free tier expired weeks ago.

Indeed, the same here too!

• Can anybody confirm what's the price if you decide to keep it beyond the first 12 months?

• Got my bill yesterday, it was again $0
    So is the free tier over or not 🤔

Thanked by (1)Crab
  • edited April 2

@Crab said:
    Can anybody confirm what's the price if you decide to keep it beyond the first 12 months?

I got charged $5.75

My free tier ended on 10/03/24. I didn't cancel the VM. The invoice was generated yesterday, 01/02/24.
    Amount: $5 excl GST.

Thanked by (1)Crab
  • Interesting, that's the same price as their 1GB RAM/25GB SSD. I was expecting it to be less. Thank you for confirming though!

• yeah, I got a invoice for USD5.50 without any warning, guess I will not be going back to them, the 512MB service was not even useful for anything I needed, I guess I should have cancelled it earlier, so that is on me.

• Anything out of West Palm Beach, Florida ....you should not trust it =)

• @hornet said:
    Anything out of West Palm Beach, Florida ....you should not trust it =)

What do you have against the Florida-man? They are going through enough already :lol:

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.