Free NAT KVMs! -- Eleven Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• edited October 2023

Hate it when I spent an hour writing that one email, then someone just copy pasted everything and send them to others.

Not even giving me credit.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• Mentioned this on LET, posting here as well.
    The giveaway will be done soon, we have not forgotten about it.
    I am travelling and the rest of the members are occupied with personal stuff, so there is a delay in announcing the winners.

• The giveaway results are finally here!
    Congrats to the winners.
    Please leave your Client ID here; your resources will be bumped in the upcoming days.

RAM WINNERS [ @rasping5978, @kheng86, @selalumenang ]

MEM WINNERS [ @BasToTheMax, @babywhale, @Ganonk ]

Uptime winners will be announced later.

• @sh97 said:
    The giveaway results are finally here!
    Congrats to the winners.
    Please leave your Client ID here; your resources will be bumped in the upcoming days.

Client No : 2013
    My ID : 805154014099
    :grimace:

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • omg 😳 I win
    Client No: 2119
    Your ID: 350523216317

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Congratulations to the winners! Enjoy your resource bump :)

Thanked by (3)Not_Oles FrankZ Ganonk
  • @Ganonk said:

@sh97 said:
    The giveaway results are finally here!
    Congrats to the winners.

Client No : 2013
    My ID : 805154014099
    :grimace:

Upgrade applied. +5GB storage.

@selalumenang said:
    omg 😳 I win
    Client No: 2119
    Your ID: 350523216317

Since you are in Tokyo, we cannot modify storage or RAM. I have bumped your port speed to 150Mbps :)

Reboot from the panel for changes to apply :)

Thanked by (2)selalumenang Ganonk
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Morning guys!

Welcome to new neighbors!

Congrats to contest winners!

@GTHost kindly has replaced the disks on the PHX node, which has been reinstalled with Debian 12. Thanks GTHost! Special thanks to GTHost support for always being around, always being friendly, and always helping with everything! <3 Now the FreeVPS Team needs to install Virtfusion. Thanks @VirtFusion!

Shhh! Don't tell anybody, but it looks like we might have not one, not two, but maybe even three new Nodes coming up soon! Perhaps as early as next week.

The Team told me this morning that FreeVPS has 80 active VPSes!

Depending on whether the new nodes are included in the Node count, FreeVPS.org has between about eight and about eleven Nodes.

FreeVPS.org might incorporate soon. Maybe in the US, maybe in England, maybe in India, maybe elsewhere. If somebody wants to join the FreeVPS Team, help us out, and ride along through the incorporation process (if it happens) -- might be a chance to learn how to start your own startup.

FreeVPS has three really great guys, @sh97, @TheOnlyDK, and @FatGrizzly, on the FreeVPS volunteer, unpaid admin team. Recently, however, FreeVPS went through a time I imagined could never happen! All three guys were taken out temporarily by important life events. Unbelievably, that means FreeVPS needs at least one and maybe two more volunteer, unpaid guys on the FreeVPS admin Team. The current Team likes to use Debian 12, VirtFusion, and Blesta. So, to join the team, it would help to have experience with these or at least a great interest in learning. If you might be interested in joining the FreeVPS admin Team, please post here or get in touch at the email on my profile with a resume or CV. Sorry, I can't access LinkedIn.

Thanked by (3)carlin0 balloon bliss

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

Hi Guys!

Good morning from the Sonoran Desert! Here's the latest FreeVPS.org update!

• New Nodes

If you take a look at the FreeVPS website you can see that four new Hypervisor Nodes have been added. That's

-- Sweden (Thanks InternetPort!), 
    -- Ohio (Thanks Microtronix!), and 
    -- Utah (Thanks HostEONS!) in the USA, plus 
    -- Romania (Thanks Hosteroid!). 

A Team member already has logged in and done work on the new Sweden, Ohio, and Utah Nodes. Team members are in the process of installing VirtFusion (Thanks VirtFusion!) and testing. I expect that the Team will make a lot of progress this coming weekend.

• Phoenix

It's been mentioned that PHX is back up with replacement drives (Thanks GTHost!). PHX has a few extra IPv4s, which gave us the idea of provisioning a few larger free VPSes, each with its own static IPv4 instead of NAT. (Of course, there also is IPv6.) GTHost kindly gave permission to try, so the Team has been talking about it. A concern which arose in our Team discussions was the possibility that larger free VPSes with static IPv4 might invite abuse.

• New FreeVPS Team Members

Two wonderful guys have requested to join the FreeVPS Team! Thanks to you both for your willingness to contribute to the Low End community! Over the upcoming days I expect that FreeVPS will approve both your applications and get both of you integrated into the very fun Team chat, where there is lots of humor.

• Beer Money Received

We have been thinking about incorporating FreeVPS. Incorporating came up in the context of a potential bare metal server Node sponsor insisting that someone pay $5 once a year for the sponsored server so that the police (he actually said "police") in his country would know who was responsible for the server. A corporate registration might regularize FreeVPS' signups with our providers. There is also at least a possibility of a charitable tax exemption.

To pay the costs of possible incorporation, I asked the Community to pledge possible contributions. The current status of the pledges is

$160 - ($40 + $16 + $20 + $7) = $77 to go

The $160 is arbitrary. It's based on the incorporation fee charged by Delaware.

Amusingly, one of our more wonderful Community stalwarts, just forwarded funds via PayPal to the email address on my profile. This happened even though he clearly understood that FreeVPS might not incorporate. He called it "beer money." Haha! FreeVPS now has $19.40 to go toward incorporation or beer expenses. :)

• FreeVPS Neighbors

For you guys who are active and helpful here on the Low End, and who meet the requirements in the OP, FreeVPS would love to give out more free VPSes. So please ask, and the Team happily will get a free VPS up and running for you! FreeVPS has over 80 VPSes running now, and we have room for many more!

• Moar VPS per member? :p

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@terrorgen said:
    Moar VPS per member? :p

1.5 good? 😉

What about 4 cores, 4 GB, 400 GB? 😸

• @Not_Oles said:

@terrorgen said:
    Moar VPS per member? :p

1.5 good? 😉

What about 4 cores, 4 GB, 400 GB? 😸

That's beefy for a free vps!

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles FrankZ

• Really happy to see FreeVPS is expanding,

Great job guys 👊🏻

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

Good morning, Guys! :)

On the FreeVPS Team's virtual office's conference room table, October 28, 2023:

Update OP To Include New Node Sponsors

-- How? Too many Sponsors to fit into thread title!

New Team Members

-- Welcome them, help them integrate, make jokes. <3

HostEONS Website

-- Create FreeVPS account as requested by HostEONS

Install Virtfusion And Test New Nodes

-- Internetport
    -- HostEONS
    -- Microtronix
    -- Hosteroid (status? does FreeVPS have this yet?)

GTHost PHX

-- Does anybody mind if I try @tang_cn's libvirt tutorial on this node? @GTHost said it was okay to try. Trying the @tang_cn style libvirt means installing Virtfusion might have to wait awhile for this Node. If I can get libvirt working, maybe FreeVPS could give away a few bigger VPSes with static IPv4s?

FreeVPS Birthday Giveaway

-- Finish provisioning winners
    -- anything else?

Incorporation / Registration

-- $20 donation "Beer Money for @Not_Oles" received from Anonymous Benefactor
    -- Status $160 - ($40 + $16 + $20 + $7) = $77 to go (Including Beer Money)

What Else?

Thanked by (2)bliss Ganonk

Hi Everyone!

Added @babywhale to FreeVPS Team! Welcome @babywhale!

Now FreeVPS needs to onboard the three recently added team members, finish installing five (is it really five?) new Nodes plus PHX (PHX has new disks and new Debian 12), and announce the winners of the uptime contest. Maybe (just maybe) PHX might offer about two or three larger VPSes, each with its own static IPv4 and IPv6.

Overall, things have been a bit slow. All volunteers on the Team. Family issues, illness, exams, etc. Life happens.

Hope you all are enjoying your free VPSes! Does anybody else want a FreeVPS?

Thanks to all our FreeVPS Sponsors, users Neighbors, and Team Members!

Tom

Heard a rumor about a possible new Node in S i n g a p o r e. Maybe this actually could happen!? Woohoo!

• wow Singapore is coming =)

Hello!

Looks like a few hours of downtime happening now on the FreeVPS Cd'A Crunchbits Node due to datacenter migration. Thanks @crunchbits for datacenter improvements which will make FreeVPS' Cd'A Node even more better! :)

Details may be found at crunchbits.com:

https://get.crunchbits.com/announcements/22/NOTICE-Upcoming-Legacy-Server-Migration-and-Scheduled-Downtime.html

Thanks!

Tom

Thanked by (2)babywhale Wonder_Woman

• Cœur d'Alene, Liberty Lake, or Spokane?
    @crunchbits can't be operating from all these places, right?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

edited November 2023

@terrorgen said:
    Cœur d'Alene, Liberty Lake, or Spokane?

The server is being moved from CdA to LL. I am unsure, but I think operations might occur at all three locations you mentioned plus possibly more in the works.

Oh, I just this second realized that the FreeVPS Node's move from CdA to LL means we need to update the server location on the FreeVPS website and also in the LES and OGF OPs! Thanks for asking your question!

Thanked by (1)babywhale

• crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider
    edited November 2023

@terrorgen said:

We are. All 3 are separate facilities. However, Liberty Lake is the primary and will soon be the only customer-facing location. Spokane is mostly peering/off-site backups/internal use/connectivity related at this point.

edit: Oklahoma City, OK and Allentown, PA as well--but we're not going to release and/or onboard new customers until this migration project locally is 100% complete and existing customers are all checked out good-to-go.

• @crunchbits said:

@terrorgen said:

We are. All 3 are separate facilities. However, Liberty Lake is the primary and will soon be the only customer-facing location. Spokane is mostly peering/off-site backups/internal use/connectivity related at this point.

edit: Oklahoma City, OK and Allentown, PA as well--but we're not going to release and/or onboard new customers until this migration project locally is 100% complete and existing customers are all checked out good-to-go.

That's a lot of datacenters in a small area!

Off-topic: what color are your diesel generators?

• crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider

@terrorgen said:

@crunchbits said:

@terrorgen said:

That's a lot of datacenters in a small area!

Off-topic: what color are your diesel generators?

They originally served different purposes/types of gear (and evolved with where the fiber was available). As we grew, so did our bargaining power to make things more efficient.

Ones green and ones yellow. My boxers are red.

• @Not_Oles said:
    Hi Everyone!

Added @babywhale to FreeVPS Team! Welcome @babywhale!

Now FreeVPS needs to onboard the three recently added team members, finish installing five (is it really five?) new Nodes plus PHX (PHX has new disks and new Debian 12), and announce the winners of the uptime contest. Maybe (just maybe) PHX might offer about two or three larger VPSes, each with its own static IPv4 and IPv6.

Overall, things have been a bit slow. All volunteers on the Team. Family issues, illness, exams, etc. Life happens.

Hope you all are enjoying your free VPSes! Does anybody else want a FreeVPS?

Thanks to all our FreeVPS Sponsors, users Neighbors, and Team Members!

Tom

Heard a rumor about a possible new Node in S i n g a p o r e. Maybe this actually could happen!? Woohoo!

Hello everyone :) im glad to be here :)

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Not_Oles carlin0
  • @babywhale said:

Hello everyone :) im glad to be here :)

Hello! Thanks for helping FreeVPS and welcome to LES :)

Thanked by (3)babywhale Not_Oles carlin0
  • @Not_Oles said:
    Hello!

Looks like a few hours of downtime happening now on the FreeVPS Cd'A Crunchbits Node due to datacenter migration. Thanks @crunchbits for datacenter improvements which will make FreeVPS' Cd'A Node even more better! :)

https://get.crunchbits.com/announcements/22/NOTICE-Upcoming-Legacy-Server-Migration-and-Scheduled-Downtime.html

Thanks!

Tom

oh my aptaim :neutral:

@Ganonk said:

@Not_Oles said:
    Hello!

Thanks!

Tom

By "aptaim" did you mean "uptime?"

crunchy server ought to be back up now! Any issues, please let me know.

• @Not_Oles said:

@Ganonk said:

By "aptaim" did you mean "uptime?"

crunchy server ought to be back up now! Any issues, please let me know.

ahyess! thank you.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

FWIW, I have had discussions about additional FreeVPS Nodes in India and in Singapore. The machine anticipated to become the FreeVPS India Node has been installed with Debian, and it's now being tested. SG is maybe still just an idea in the mind of the Sponsor, but he is a good guy. We will see what happens. Might take awhile! :)

Want a free VPS? Please read the OP of this thread.

Best!

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@Not_Oles said:
    FWIW, I have had discussions about additional FreeVPS Nodes in India and in Singapore. The machine anticipated to become the FreeVPS India Node has been installed with Debian, and it's now being tested. SG is maybe still just an idea in the mind of the Sponsor, but he is a good guy. We will see what happens. Might take awhile! :)

Want a free VPS? Please read the OP of this thread.

Best!

Been a bit busy, but I will message you asap. have a query on mind.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles Ganonk
  • edited November 2023

Hello Everyone!

Were excited to announce new Locations!

Bucharest, Romania and Salt Lake City, UT-USA are now available!

*Only NAT ipv4 is available right now with 20x forwarded ports but IPv6 will be coming shortly!

Thank you for the generous donations from @Hosteroid ( Bucharest, Romania ) and @hostEONS ( Salt Lake City, UT-USA )