Which SSH Client on Android?

2»

Comments

• juiceeeeeeesssssh

I’m a simple man I see gifs, I press thanks

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Chalipa said:

@Ympker said:

I only use Google PlayProtect + MiUI native Security App/Scanner which, to my understanding, uses Avast's database. Since MiUI Security App scans every app that is installed (on top of PlayProtect) I just reckoned that'd be enough for me. It's also convenient, because unlike PlayProtect it scans apps that are installed from unknown sources (iirc PlayProtect only warns you about those, but doesn't scan them upon installation). I once installed Malwarebytes trial, Eset Mobile Security and also Bitdefender, but ended up deleting those apps due to battery drain or other reasons shortly after.

I also use AdGuard for Android, so I'd assume lots of shit gets filtered anyway.

Have you used Knox by Samsung?

I got a new s23 ultra, and not sure if there is any kind of extra app like Bitdefender needed on the top of knox?

Never used Knox, sorry.

• edited April 2023

@Chalipa said:

@Ympker said:

I only use Google PlayProtect + MiUI native Security App/Scanner which, to my understanding, uses Avast's database. Since MiUI Security App scans every app that is installed (on top of PlayProtect) I just reckoned that'd be enough for me. It's also convenient, because unlike PlayProtect it scans apps that are installed from unknown sources (iirc PlayProtect only warns you about those, but doesn't scan them upon installation). I once installed Malwarebytes trial, Eset Mobile Security and also Bitdefender, but ended up deleting those apps due to battery drain or other reasons shortly after.

I also use AdGuard for Android, so I'd assume lots of shit gets filtered anyway.

Have you used Knox by Samsung?

I got a new s23 ultra, and not sure if there is any kind of extra app like Bitdefender needed on the top of knox?

From my personal opinion, my understanding about knox, and a discussion with chatgpt4, as long as you already put any application you want to protect inside secure folder, any application outside secure folder can’t “touch” application inside secure folder because of the sandbox and isolation feature. So from my understanding, if for the worst case you install malware outside knox, when we run apps from secure folder, the malware can’t do anything to the apps we run.
    After knowing this fact, I personally think that knox + secure folder seems more important than the major android OS upgrade, at least until skipping about 2-3 major android version. I might be wrong though, and I’m also not security expert. I just know some concepts about encryption and securing enterprise server in the cloud.

So, as long as you are aware about security, doesn’t click random link and install random apk, I think you will be safe

It is better to get more information yourself until you have confidence about it.

These are what chatgpt4 said about knox and secure folder

Samsung Knox is a security platform designed to provide a secure environment for sensitive data and applications on Samsung devices. The Secure Folder feature, which is built on the Knox platform, creates a separate, encrypted space on the device to store and run apps and data.

Apps running outside the Secure Folder cannot access the data or read the input text within the apps running inside the Secure Folder. This is because the Secure Folder employs a defense-grade encryption mechanism that keeps the data within it isolated from the rest of the device. The apps and data in the Secure Folder are sandboxed, ensuring that they cannot be accessed by unauthorized users or apps.

However, it's important to remember that no security solution is foolproof. While Samsung Knox provides a strong layer of protection, it's essential to follow good security practices such as keeping your device's software up to date, avoiding suspicious apps or downloads, and using strong authentication methods.

• Termius free but propably I will try connectbot.

Filen.io - use this link to signup and we both get extra 10GB free.
    https://filen.io/r/4d472d5cdb57f6663621a251065e0b51