Bug reports - NEW

Comments

• Fix the damn font size of the Thanks button to match Flag, annoying as hell.

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee jqr
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2019

Just curious if a slightly darker shade of green would work nicer on the buttons ?
    (and/or)
    If on-mouse-over (hover) the buttons turned into a darker shade of green instead of blue ? (light green -> dark green)

#4b8b56 -- https://www.colorhexa.com/4b8b56
    #427a4c -- https://www.colorhexa.com/427a4c

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

• @Lee said:
    Fix the damn font size of the Thanks button to match Flag, annoying as hell.

Do you want a bigger flag or a smaller thanks

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• I vote for a smaller "Thanks". Dark theme.

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• I have been a bit busy lately but I'm hoping to push a few updates tomorrow or the day after and fix the thanks button and a few inconsistencies in the dark theme. If the thing you reported in has not been fixed in the next update and I have not replied to you explaining why not, please point me to your report either in this thread or via PM.

Thanked by (4)ITLabs Amitz mikho poisson
  • Thank you so much for all your efforts to make this a pretty place, @solaire!

Thanked by (3)ITLabs Solaire poisson

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).

• Agree. UX gets more seamless each day. Tks @Solaire.

Thanked by (1)Amitz

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Vanilla is buggy as shit. Pls to be fixing.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I will leave that to @Solaire and @Phill be> @WSS said:

Super helpful thanks.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@AnthonySmith said:
    I will leave that to @Solaire and @Phill be> @WSS said:

Super helpful thanks.

QA is my passion.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• "Mark all viewed" doesn't seem to work. Don't know if that's been mentioned here yet, but when I click it, threads with unread posts only stop showing as such on the front page until someone posts in them again. The threads are not "caught up", so if there are 100 unread posts in a thread when I mark all viewed, then when someone posts again, the thread then shows up as having 100 or 101 unread posts, instead of 1.

• @Solaire said:
    I have been a bit busy lately but I'm hoping to push a few updates tomorrow or the day after and fix the thanks button and a few inconsistencies in the dark theme. If the thing you reported in has not been fixed in the next update and I have not replied to you explaining why not, please point me to your report either in this thread or via PM.

Thanks for the hard work, mate. You've done a lot already and we can wait a bit for more icing on the cake.

Thanked by (1)Solaire

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• Tuesday evening nitpick: Could we have a forum stats section to the right below the tags? Something like Xenforo?

• On "Mark all viewed", the script should search the current page and remove the bold attribute from the 'Title' class elements (and children), and remove the HasNew class from the NewCommentCount element should not be that hard

@AnthonySmith there have been more requests for this so maybe you can take a look.

I also have this error in console:

Could not find component subcommunity-chooser.

Probably some missing dep

• @willie said:
    "Mark all viewed" doesn't seem to work. Don't know if that's been mentioned here yet, but when I click it, threads with unread posts only stop showing as such on the front page until someone posts in them again. The threads are not "caught up", so if there are 100 unread posts in a thread when I mark all viewed, then when someone posts again, the thread then shows up as having 100 or 101 unread posts, instead of 1.

This is a feature if I understand Vanilla correctly. Basically, what they're doing is they mark the discussions as read but not the posts, meaning that if there are any new posts to this discussions after the last time you hit "Mark all viewed", you'll be taken to the post that was made since you last opened the discussion. That way, they want to ensure you read through every post in a discussion.

SpeedBus said: Just curious if a slightly darker shade of green would work nicer on the buttons ?

Yeah maybe. That's something for later to look into if you don't mind :)

Anyway, small fixes to the dark theme have been applied and should be rolled out shortly! Again, if I forgot anything, gently remind me :)

Thanked by (2)ITLabs SpeedBus
  • Is it just me or is there some lag when typing a reply in the comment box? I am only seeing it on this site.

• schnafischnafi OG
    edited November 2019

Hi, I encountered a scrolling problem on my smartphone, don't know if it has been reported already

For me, it isn't possible to scroll when tapping on read posts (I think there is some overlaying field on read posts) and they float around kind of.

I am using mobile Firefox version 68.2.1 on my Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (6,3" and 19:9 I think) while logged in.

After another interaction the posts jump back to their normal position... Looks kinda glitchy

• Is it just me or has the dark mode suddenly gone white?

edited November 2019

@beagle said:
    Is it just me or has the dark mode suddenly gone white?

screenshot?

is it mobile or desktop?

• Solaire said: That way, they want to ensure you read through every post in a discussion.

But that's a bug-- clicking "mark all viewed" is supposed to tell the software that I'm NOT going to read all the posts ;). Maybe it could be called "catch up" or whatever.

• @beagle said:
    Is it just me or has the dark mode suddenly gone white?

It's not you. Hold @AnthonySmith 's tea.

• Desktop. Windows 10. Chrome 78

• @beagle said:
    Desktop. Windows 10. Chrome 78

Refresh :). Should be sorted.

Thanked by (2)ITLabs beagle
    edited November 2019

sorry I am a huge dick head with a cherry on top.

I deserve to have a sign round my neck like a naughty dog that shit in the kitchen.

Dark theme fixed.

Thanked by (3)Amitz ITLabs Phill

• Fixed. Thank you Ant.

• Minor dark mode bug: :)
    Some posts have code type stuff showing in bright on bright colours, like this:

Thanked by (1)Amitz
  • @flips said:
    Minor dark mode bug: :)
    Some posts have code type stuff showing in bright on bright colours, like this:

Mind clearing your cache? ? That should sort it

Thanked by (1)Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz OG
    edited November 2019

Does not sort it for me, to be honest. iOS, dark theme.
    test

Scratch that. Works! <3

Thanked by (1)ITLabs

edited November 2019

@Amitz said:
    Does not sort it for me, to be honest. iOS, dark theme.
    test

Scratch that. Works! <3

How about now?

edit: scratch that edit cross over!

Thanked by (1)Amitz

• flipsflips OG
    edited November 2019

@Solaire said:
    Mind clearing your cache? ? That should sort it

Did try that. Seems it works nicely in Firefox, but the embedded whatever browser in "Station.app" for Mac does seem to be able to get it right ... (never mind) ... I deleted everything there, so not sure how it wouldn't work ... :p

This discussion has been closed.