@yoursunny's Recommendations For Providers Regarding How To Use IPv6

2»

Comments

• crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider

@Abdullah said:

@yoursunny said:

@Abdullah said:
    Does vf automate routed IPv6 in some way ?

I think so.
    Both @skhron and @crunchbits delivered routed IPv6 in VirtFusion.

Nice! We also use vf for kvm services. Would any of you be kind to share how to achieve this :)

I think this is on a per Hypervisor basis with a routed subnet for each HV, but that will make it impossible to migrate between nodes. Also won't work for a vlan setup.

As @skhron said, hooks (and bgp) are one way that work. I know @VirtFusion is also making it easier with some ebtables updates or something along those lines. We bumped into some potential (hyper)scaling sort of issues which are likely extremely unique to certain products we have/will have and are testing behind the scenes--i.e. if you expect >2 new product signups/deployments per minute sustained you may run into the same issues we did. There is another approach, but it gets into more detailed network administration and also requires a full enterprise stack and paying people.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • @yoursunny said:
    I only used rDNS once at a hackathon, with tunneled subnet.
    https://yoursunny.com/t/2016/HackArizona/

I am impressed with your strictness regarding sleep. I agree that good sleep is important, but I can't imagine limiting myself to not visiting at least a few several days long summer metal festivals although this means that I won't be able to sleep, eat and shit normally for a whole week =)

/offtopic

Thanked by (1)yoursunny