What configs do you want to see this January?

MathiasMathias Hosting Provider

I'm curious to know which configurations are you guys are interested in, and what's your budget? Please refrain from suggesting overly exaggerated configurations, such as a 12vcore 64GB RAM setup for an unrealistic price of 10€ or overly small configs. :/

Need some ideas for January.

Merry Christmas! :p

Luxvps - Hosting services with outstanding customer support
"You only have the fun you make yourself"

Comments

• you had good prices with config ... if you do the same with better cpu or +2 cores would be

and when you are sexually arouse do Flash sales -- limited and hot , ping me when you do this.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny Mathias
  • I don't buy servers in January because I need money to pay credit card bills after holiday shopping.

Thanked by (1)ehab

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• MathiasMathias Hosting Provider

@ehab said:
    you had good prices with config ... if you do the same with better cpu or +2 cores would be

and when you are sexually arouse do Flash sales -- limited and hot , ping me when you do this.

Those Super deals we had? :p

Luxvps - Hosting services with outstanding customer support
    "You only have the fun you make yourself"

• @Mathias said:
    Those Super deals we had? :p

yes... so relax --- u r one of us

Thanked by (1)Mathias
  • 2 TB storage. maybe 2core/2GB with that, but usable iops please, not overcrowded sh*t.
    6€ net per month or 64€ net per year

• @Falzo said:
    2 TB storage. maybe 2core/2GB with that, but usable iops please, not overcrowded sh*t.
    6€ net per month or 64€ net per year

where have you been man?
    i hope you and all family are doing great.

haven't seen you active as you used to be.

@Mathias give Falzo what he wants.

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • @ehab said: haven't seen you active as you used to be.

true that.

a lot happened this year, new GF, another house, hurt the right hand really bad, gained a better job position ...

so, in a nutshell, not much time for hunting cheap deals ;-)

• @Falzo said:

@ehab said: haven't seen you active as you used to be.

true that.

a lot happened this year, new GF, another house, hurt the right hand really bad, gained a better job position ...

so, in a nutshell, not much time for hunting cheap deals ;-)

sorry to hear about your hand, wish you recovery and avoid box the wall next time :)

as long as you move forward and pants go down then all is good :)

talk soon and best wishes from my side

ehab

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer
    edited December 2023

[Spitballing here...nobody take any of this too seriously pls]

I'd love to see more providers letting me spin up stuff via API on hourly/minute basis against prepaid credits.

Not at all compatible with the LES/LET economic model I know but that is my answer on what I want so thought I'd throw it out there.

I'd also like to see providers being very clear about whether CPU is fair use or dedi. Either is fair play, but don't make me hunt for the answer.

I'm also a little surprised nobody in LES/LET world has tried to emulate hetzner storage boxes.

Oh and cheap per hour/minute GPU would be on my wishlist too. I know @crunchbits is working on this and tensordock already has it but I'd love to see more competition in this space. In particular the cheap and nasty space....I can already get expensive top end GPU compute elsewhere. Everybody and their dog is trying to offer that.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider

@havoc said:
    I'd love to see more providers letting me spin up stuff via API on hourly/minute basis against prepaid credits.
    Not at all compatible with the LES/LET economic model I know but that is my answer on what I want so thought I'd throw it out there.

I would too. We've done our half of it, waiting on cough a certain vendor. If it keeps getting pushed off, I think it might be worth investing the time to just do more of it in-house. I'm just worried about the time sunk into it versus the actual uptake of said product. Once we have a more broad reach, maybe less of a concern.

I'm also a little surprised nobody in LES/LET world has tried to emulate hetzner storage boxes.

Oddly enough, I think it's because it actually takes more "work" to build it up front. We sell raw storage on VM's and dedicated boxes for similar/less pricing but unmanaged and "DIY". Have been using the data/feedback from the auction thread on OGF for black friday to help shape something similar. We were selling full "VDS" (with an actual completely dedicated private SSD, so all resources are dedicated) and using snapshots behind the scenes to give some recoverability from a disk-failure-event. Demand seemed good there, but it also feels like a tough product to market. Slot hosting was another consideration (mail your own, one-time buy from us, or rent).

Oh and cheap per hour/minute GPU would be on my wishlist too. I know @crunchbits is working on this and tensordock already has it but I'd love to see more competition in this space. In particular the cheap and nasty space....I can already get expensive top end GPU compute elsewhere. Everybody and their dog is trying to offer that.

My biggest want, ties into the first one too. What has been prepped is GPU + "high frequency" CPU on hourly setups (likely some mix of 7950X, 12th/13th gen Intel). The hold-ups here are how to best manage the chargeback/fraud/abuse risks while not making the experience complete crap for legitimate customers. That being said, I wanted to introduce 2 'lower-end' GPUs with this which would be significantly more affordable: RTX 3070 and Tesla P4 (or P40--still having certain users test both). Had mentioned the 3070 stuff off-handedly and had quite a positive response/immediate take-up on it.

• @crunchbits said:
    My biggest want, ties into the first one too. What has been prepped is GPU + "high frequency" CPU on hourly setups (likely some mix of 7950X, 12th/13th gen Intel). The hold-ups here are how to best manage the chargeback/fraud/abuse risks while not making the experience complete crap for legitimate customers.

Mentally strong hourly provider keeps a credit card on file and charges on post-paid basis.
    Customer's attempt to evade payment will be met by a negative report to the credit bureau as well as a lawsuit.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.