OpenPanel: New free hosting panel

124»

Comments

• @Amadex said:
    The project is very active: https://github.com/stefanpejcic/openpanel/

Would you know if we setup beta one today it will still allow me to claim a license ?

• edited July 26

@localhost said: Would you know if we setup beta one today it will still allow me to claim a license ?
    @PCx3 said: The beta period is extended until July, thanks for the reminder, I'll update the site soon.

Might get lucky. Well, do you feel lucky, do you? ;)

Thanks for the reminder, fellas (making assumptions) .. looks like there's been a fair amount of progress, not least the addition of alternative distros.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@localhost said: Would you know if we setup beta one today it will still allow me to claim a license ?
    @PCx3 said: The beta period is extended until July, thanks for the reminder, I'll update the site soon.

Might get lucky. Well, do you feel lucky, do you? ;)

Thanks for the reminder, fellas (making assumptions) .. looks like there's been a fair amount of progress, not least the addition of alternative distros.

Well beta link is no longer mentioning anything about Beta... so guess I am late and not so lucky.
    Good luck to anyone that got their free beta licenses

• Thanks for sharing, i will test this weekend.

Lifetime plans from $ 12 - Silicom Network

• Project is active, you can follow the linkedin page or the changelog where we post new releases.

Beta is complete! I thank everyone that took the time to test and report bugs, it really helped speed up the development! 🙌

I apologize if I don't respond promptly on the forums. Feel free to message me on Discord or email if needed.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • ChievoChievo OG
    edited July 27

@PCx3 said:
    Project is active, you can follow the linkedin page or the changelog where we post new releases.

Beta is complete! I thank everyone that took the time to test and report bugs, it really helped speed up the development! 🙌

I apologize if I don't respond promptly on the forums. Feel free to message me on Discord or email if needed.

Which is the pricing?

UPS 15 euros monthly

I believe in the good luck. Harder than I work luckier i get.

• Yes, https://my.openpanel.co/index.php?rp=/store/openpanel/enterprise-license

• Monthly Plan: 14.95€ per month
    • Yearly Plan: 149.50€ per year (20% savings)
  • Just tried debian 12 with openpanel. Server Load went a bit crazy and couldn't get the panel to load up. I may try again with debian 11,even though some of the documentation says 12 is the minimum requirement.

(Nearly a necro post, which appears to be fashionable just now.)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Just tried debian 12 with openpanel. Server Load went a bit crazy and couldn't get the panel to load up. I may try again with debian 11,even though some of the documentation says 12 is the minimum requirement.

I'm running it on deb12, not a single problem. Weird 😬

• edited August 8

@Amadex said: I'm running it on deb12, not a single problem.

Cheers. I'll give it another bash: might just be that AMS Virmach VPS getting hammered, as it's just back up. ;)

[Edit] powered up for 5mins.. on dual CPU.

top - 23:27:15 up 5 min, 1 user, load average: 4.97, 3.39, 1.54
    Tasks: 129 total, 7 running, 122 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    %Cpu(s): 86.0 us, 14.0 sy, 0.0 ni, 0.0 id, 0.0 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.0 si, 0.0 st
    MiB Mem : 3411.2 total, 2309.1 free, 696.6 used, 618.4 buff/cache
    MiB Swap: 976.0 total, 976.0 free, 0.0 used. 2714.6 avail Mem

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND                              

5585 root 20 0 72976 55548 12004 R 7.0 1.6 0:00.21 gunicorn: worker [app:app]
    5586 root 20 0 66620 49572 12008 R 5.7 1.4 0:00.17 gunicorn: worker [app:app]
    5587 root 20 0 62220 45344 11440 R 4.7 1.3 0:00.14 gunicorn: worker [app:app]
    5588 root 20 0 46708 30308 6576 R 1.7 0.9 0:00.05 gunicorn: worker [app:app]
    523 root 20 0 45128 35252 12344 S 0.7 1.0 0:02.98 gunicorn: master [app:app]
    5589 root 20 0 45684 29892 6380 R 0.7 0.9 0:00.02 gunicorn: worker [app:app]

• @Amadex said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Just tried debian 12 with openpanel. Server Load went a bit crazy and couldn't get the panel to load up. I may try again with debian 11,even though some of the documentation says 12 is the minimum requirement.

I'm running it on deb12, not a single problem. Weird 😬

That is because you do not compile modsecurity :)

I do not experiences load issues ...

But first tried Debian 12 with version 0.2.4 couple of days ago - Nginx is 1.22 on Debian12, but openpanel compile modsecurity vs 1.18 src and the the .so file that is put in the Nginx config, gave strange error and prevent main reverse proxy to start ...

My choices was to run without modsecurity... to recompile manually vs 1.22 (which i started) but do not have time for that and lef left it that way.... or to reinstall...

When I have free time again I will reinstall it on Ubuntu 22 as it seems that panel is made to run on that OS and I suppose there will be other hidden issues for early adoption on latest Debian...

But will be nice to have it fully working on Debian...

P.S. Another minor issue was it do not reload dns after domain was added but that is not something to complain about panel in early 0 versions as it is easy fixed ..

• Looking good, do they support Openlitespeed webs server?

• Tried to install and test it, but couldn't get it working. stuck at enabling/turning on admin panel

root@server:~# opencli admin
    × OpenAdmin is not running. To enable it run 'opencli admin on'
    root@server:~# opencli admin on
    Enabling the OpenAdmin...
    ● OpenAdmin is running and is available on: http://xxxxxxxxx:2087/
    root@server:~#

Hello world.

• @randomhuman said: stuck at enabling/turning on admin panel

I got that with my 1st attempt with deb11, though my VPS crashed midway during installation. Try a fresh install?

Thanked by (1)randomhuman

• @randomhuman said:
    Tried to install and test it, but couldn't get it working. stuck at enabling/turning on admin panel

root@server:~# opencli admin on
    Enabling the OpenAdmin...
    ● OpenAdmin is running and is available on: http://xxxxxxxxx:2087/
    root@server:~#

Had that with Deb12.
    Went to discord and the dev walked me through after checking some logs.
    Did fresh install with Deb 11 and it progressed better

Thanked by (1)randomhuman