Pavel Durov (Telegram CEO and founder) arrested in France

13»

Comments

• @root said:

@AuroraZero said:
    Okay guys after numerous "Flags" on this post I am issuing a warning keep the politics out of it. Anymore and I will close this down and sink it so low @bikegremlin won't be able to necro it.

Also don't ask where when type things I won't answer.

Look around you mate. The world is on the brink of World War 3 with 2 hot wars ready to escalate and with global alliances forming before our eyes. One can not avoid but correlate everything with politics - which is the elephant in the room.

Yes, this is a community without politics, but all this mess and unpacking of controversial conversations inevitably gets us there at some point, so please have some tolerance. We are all trying to avoid the subject without discussing parties, politicians, governments, banks, left-wing ideologies, Trump, MAGA, BLM and whatnot. We even avoid digging into Great Firewall of China (which in theory is technical, but political in foundations) even though many MJJ would love to brainstorm more ways of bypassing it.

We all want peace, even global peace; if there would be a world war, this place would not even exist anymore. We should all make love, not war.

As such, please take a break and have some Snickers - the chocolate bar (not sneakers as in shoes, since nobody wants to kick someone out for their political views or desires of peace and freedom).

I have and will continue to be tolerant because people have the right to be heard. That is why it was warning and not just closed.

As for the world I live in it as well and try to keep my opinions to myself to be impartial. I could give two shits on this subject nor any subject where the parties involved have more clout and money than any sane person should have at any time.

The rules state keep the politics at home and I for one will enforce those rules here.

Keep them at home or I will bury it. Plain simple and no fuss.

Free Hosting at YetiNode | Cryptid Security | URL Shortener | LaunchVPS | ExtraVM | Host-C | In the Node, or Out of the Loop?

• edited October 2

Another post from Pavel Durov, looks like his previous one backfired hard

📰 My previous post may have seemed to announce a major shift in how Telegram works. But in reality, little has changed.

🌐 Since 2018, Telegram has been able to disclose IP addresses/phone numbers of criminals to authorities, according to our Privacy Policy in most countries.

⚖️ Whenever we received a properly formed legal request via relevant communication lines, we would verify it and disclose the IP addresses/phone numbers of dangerous criminals. This process had been in place long before last week.

🤖 Our @transparency bot demonstrates exactly that. This bot shows the number of processed requests for user data.

✉️ For example, in Brazil, we disclosed data for 75 legal requests in Q1 (January-March) 2024, 63 in Q2, and 65 in Q3. In India, our largest market, we satisfied 2461 legal requests in Q1, 2151 in Q2, and 2380 in Q3.

📈 In Europe, there was an uptick in the number of valid legal requests we received in Q3. This increase was caused by the fact that more EU authorities started to use the correct communication line for their requests, the one mandated by the EU DSA law. Information about this contact point has been publicly available to anyone who viewed the Telegram website or googled “Telegram EU address for law enforcement” since early 2024. 

🤝 To reduce confusion, last week, we streamlined and unified our privacy policy across different countries. But our core principles haven’t changed. We’ve always strived to comply with relevant local laws — as long as they didn’t go against our values of freedom and privacy.

🛡 Telegram was built to protect activists and ordinary people from corrupt governments and corporations — we do not allow criminals to abuse our platform or evade justice.

https://t.me/durov/346

• host_chost_c Hosting Provider

@DataRecovery said: Same as TikTok. None other country than America is allowed to have large and popular social apps / networks.

I do not wish to open a can of worms here,

You are on to something, I see it differently, so here it is: ( control of information )

Guys ( in general ), you think that all those chat apps/video apps are not monitored/scanned/screened, sincerely??? ( NVIDIA presentation of it's GPU ~6 years back compared the card's power to do image processing and recognition versus at that time fastest xeon cpu, sure the demo was with flowers, but really?? no other way to show a demonstration but image recognition?? a yes, the performance was something like 100x NVIDIA versus CPU ). Imagine what today cards can do.

Free speech is a nice word, thru out human history it rarely worked.

Today with access to technology that spreads information/misinformation in seconds who ever controls that, controls the outcome.

For example Banks do human behavior projections for over 100 years ( on pen and paper at that time ), today, the more you stay online the more a "AI/script" will learn about your habits and feed you shit to steer your mindset toward "who ever pays more" direction.

My point is, try to keep a low profile and "filter" whatever news you get/read - do at least a 2 or 3 source background check.

As for high profile persons who get behind bars/jail/court for whatever cause, well, usually the person that was unlucky or could not pay the "right" price/did not have a friend or pissed someone off with something.

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Moderator

@host_c said: Today with access to technology that spreads information/misinformation in seconds who ever controls that, controls the outcome.

That is why companies/individuals need to b e careful of what they post and be held accountable for the falsehoods. I don't mean money accountable as they just pay the fine and move on, I mean serious reprecussions for spreading misinformation.

Thanked by (2)host_c skorous

Free Hosting at YetiNode | Cryptid Security | URL Shortener | LaunchVPS | ExtraVM | Host-C | In the Node, or Out of the Loop?

• host_chost_c Hosting Provider

@AuroraZero said: I mean serious reprecussions for spreading misinformation

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"