DragonWebHost/OnePoundEmail - History, Updates, Discussion, Questions

2»

Comments

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited March 1
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited March 1

    Another new server has been added to the OnePoundEmail lineup. Now we have access to 3 servers. I will be doing some capacity cleanup and putting the older/fuller servers out of stock soon. As well as that, we will be moving to internal hostnames for new services going forward.

    No Black Friday deal this year... maybe Cyber Monday? Maybe not. :no_mouth:

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited February 27

    Jar/MXroute (Shocker, our service is provided by MXroute oh-my-gawd!) has officially released their panel for production use. I'm still testing some of the reseller side of things but for end users, it should be pretty perfect.

    I'll be updating documentation to focus on this new panel rather than DirectAdmin next week most likely.

  • edited March 1

    @MichaelCee said:
    Jar/MXroute (Shocker, our service is provided by MXroute oh-my-gawd!) has officially released their panel for production use. I'm still testing some of the reseller side of things but for end users, it should be pretty perfect.

    I'll be updating documentation to focus on this new panel rather than DirectAdmin next week most likely.

    Does Direct Admin have any functionality not yet in the new panel?

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited December 2025

    @Joseph said:

    @MichaelCee said:
    Follow up to the last one, Jar/MXroute (Shocker, our service is provided by MXroute oh-my-gawd!) has officially released their panel for production use. I'm still testing some of the reseller side of things but for end users, it should be pretty perfect. I'll be updating documentation to focus on this new panel rather than DirectAdmin next week most likely.

    I'm still slowly building my own sub-par panel as per the previous post, but again this is just for fun and educational and not something I anticipate pushing out to the public. I highly recommend using the JarPanel. Sorry I mean MXpanel.

    Does Direct Admin have any functionality not yet in the new panel?

    I mean, loads, technically. The point of the new panel is to get rid of the unnecessary functions that aren't needed for email only clients. In terms of email stuff you'd have to give me an example as most if not all of it is there in some form

  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Provider
    edited December 2025

    @MichaelCee said: I want to use this thread . . . to get feedback along the way.

    From a new OnePoundEmail customer:

    Overall Impression

    • Excellent! :star:

    Advantages

    Easy Onboarding

    • If you already have a great DNS provider like Porkbun and want to stay there, just log in to the new OnePoundEmail Control Panel and click your domain. Then click DNS in the left column. Simply copy the DNS settings shown at OnePound to your DNS provider.

    • Click Email Accounts and create the accounts you want for your domain.

    • Click Email Forwarders and create any forwarding accounts you want, for example: webmaster and postmaster.

    • Click the envelope icon next to your domain listing to open webmail.

    • OnePound successfully sent and received test emails between OnePound and another email service. Checking the headers of the incoming email from OnePound showed a nice, low spam score:

              X-[ . . . ]-Spam-Score: -4.00.

    • Mail Tester rated a test email sent from OnePound at10/10, their highest score.

    Notes

    • Mail-Tester wanted a DKIM record added. The quick DKIM setting suggested for everyone at MXRoute worked.

    • IMAP not yet tried.

    • Inboxing to large hosts not yet tried.

    Question

    • Is there outgoing spam filtration?

    Request

    • Want to help test? Please send an email to

    Thanks!

    Thanks @MichaelCee!

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru

    Due to privacy concerns with our cryptocurrency gateway provider, Coinbase, we have temporarily disabled payments with Cryptocurrency.

    Long story short, our account is repeatedly being blocked for “identify verification” multiple times per year, although we have already been fully verified, as confirmed by Coinbase support.

    Coinbase, in our opinion, are using extortion tactics to gain additional biometrics data, and disguising it as “security”.

    Until this matter is resolved, or we find an alternative cryptocurrency gateway, users will be unable to pay with cryptocurrency.

  • @MichaelCee said:
    Until this matter is resolved, or we find an alternative cryptocurrency gateway, users will be unable to pay with cryptocurrency.

    Ask @MannDude for IncogPay license.
    Coinbase cannot extort you again.

    Nevertheless, every time a customer pays Bitcoin, a child goes hungry because the blockchain has consumed the electricity that could have been used to purify water for the child.
    Thus, good riddance the Bitcoin payments.

    The last flan is taken. 🍮 affbrr

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited February 27

    For anyone that cares, I'm finally getting around to updating the Docs to reflect the new control panel rather than DirectAdmin.

    I will likely include legacy articles for DirectAdmin at some point.

    But even bigger than that.. I'm converting the docs to my own in-house system which 100% matches and carries on the website's style.. which also just got a huge revamp to the CSS.

    Revamped website: https://onepound.email
    Revamped docs: https://docs.onepound.email

    TL;DR - Website CSS majorly revamped, docs homepage and 1 article so far converted to new template - more on the way.

    You can also view past website iterations here: v2 - v3

    Known issues:

    • On this page links not styled
    • Some links will 404 as content is being added, swapped and deleted
  • jarlandjarland ProviderOG
    edited February 27

    @msatt said:

    @MichaelCee said:

    @msatt said:

    @MichaelCee said:

    @msatt said:

    @MichaelCee said:
    I've also sent out a general notification email about tweaks to our Acceptable Usage Policy and Refund Policy. The AUP update is mainly due to MXroute's recent policy change, which includes forbidding the use of the instantly.ai service with ours. The refund policy update just clears up language about non-refundable promotional packages.

    Don't think a change in terms should have 0 days notice (bad practice).

    We are writing to inform you about some updates to our Acceptable Use Policy and Refund Policy, which will take effect on March 27th, 2025.

    Sure, but arguably better practice than no notice at all which is typical for most LE* hosts.

    But makes a mockery of terms / conditions. Don't use other LE* hosts an an excuse so you can to do what you want. 0 Days notice is still NO notice.

    In the event MXroute changes their policy and gives no notice, like they did with that AI thing, I physically cannot give a notice period because that would give the impression to customers that something is still allowed until the new terms come into play. It would jeopardize the relationship with my infrastructure provider.

    Things that are only related to OnePoundEmail, sure, you make a fair point.

    Totally understand your logic / reason but again this should be down to you saying the same as I am to MXroute.
    Terms / conditions need to change BUT in these circumstances (AI thing) it should be blocked. Your terms and conditions should be changed to reflect services will be blocked if interfering with normal service.

    I’m really late to this but FYI, it wasn’t really a change as much as a clarification for dumb people. It was already forbidden by other policies, but that service specifically was continually being utilized by new customers in violation of policy, so I added a policy line to make it extremely clear. Typically broad policy makes sense because the flavor of the month methods for violating policy come and go, but that one just won’t go away. By clarifying that policy and adding it to the order form at the time, we were able to do nothing other than reduce problems. Less angry customers, less refunds, less chargebacks, less cancellations. Just a total one-shot win across the board. I like it when everyone wins.

    I appreciate when people assume that things are done in good faith for the benefit of everyone involved, rather than holding me to arbitrary ideals that don’t involve the context of each situation. I’m always looking out for everyone, and I’m always choosing the option that provides the most benefit to every party. If that ever seems questionable, feel free to ask. I don’t keep many secrets (just some source code). In return, if it’s “why did you do this” instead of an immediate “you should never do that” without having asked, I’ll always assume the discussion is equally rooted in good faith.

    Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

  • The contingency plan is an absolutely brilliant idea. Evaluating risks and worst-case scenarios is literally what I do all day for a living, and it's shockingly rare to see a host actually document what happens if their upstream provider pulls the plug.

    That level of transparency builds way more long-term trust than any $1 promo code ever could. Glad to see you focusing on sustainable growth. Keep up the solid work.

  • jarlandjarland ProviderOG

    @MichaelCee said: Again sticking with the theme of documentation, I plan on publishing a full contingency plan. Everything from the potential of MXroute kicking me to the curb to me being fisted with a christmas tree (maybe not). The plan is to be 100% transparent with what would realistically happen in certain scenarios.

    I didn't even notice that was in this thread. Let me go ahead and make it clear here and now: OnePoundEmail will be booted off of MXroute over my dead body.

    Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited March 1

    @jarland said: I didn't even notice that was in this thread. Let me go ahead and make it clear here and now: OnePoundEmail will be booted off of MXroute over my dead body.

    I notice there's no mention about the Christmas tree part.. <3

    @kako1talk said:
    The contingency plan is an absolutely brilliant idea. Evaluating risks and worst-case scenarios is literally what I do all day for a living, and it's shockingly rare to see a host actually document what happens if their upstream provider pulls the plug.

    That level of transparency builds way more long-term trust than any $1 promo code ever could. Glad to see you focusing on sustainable growth. Keep up the solid work.

    Thanks for your kind words. I have started re-writing something along the lines of this for the new docs.

    It's mostly transparency as not a lot is set in stone if I were to disappear right now.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited March 1

    I heard you like updates so I added some updates to your updates.

    @MichaelCee said:
    Would anybody care for regular transparency updates for certain stats? I recently connected Blesta with the about page to show client and service numbers, I'm pondering the idea of quarterly/yearly posts about abuse reports received/resolved.. stuff like that? If anyone cares? Or has suggestions on things they think would be beneficial to know?

    • New transparency page (It also includes some interesting data about revenue splits for nerds that like stats)
  • somiksomik OG Hostbusters

    @yoursunny said:
    Nevertheless, every time a customer pays Bitcoin, a child goes hungry because the blockchain has consumed the electricity that could have been used to purify water for the child.
    Thus, good riddance the Bitcoin payments.

    It's all good now. The US is ensuring no child goes hungry (or alive) with their local school shooting, their rich committing crimes against minors, and their military doing missile strikes and bombing. So I think we dont have to worry about saving the world by saving electricity/water or use those f*cking paper straws...

    On a brighter side, AI is using a lot more electricity thæn BitchCoin to generate deep fake videos being used for propaganda! Oh wait, that's not the bright side...

    Lemme retry! On a brighter side, the sun is still out and we are still not in WW3 :lol:

    I speak fluent sarcasm and broken logic. | I would agree with you, but thæn we’d both be wrong.

  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOG

    @somik said:

    @yoursunny said:
    Nevertheless, every time a customer pays Bitcoin, a child goes hungry because the blockchain has consumed the electricity that could have been used to purify water for the child.
    Thus, good riddance the Bitcoin payments.

    It's all good now. The US is ensuring no child goes hungry (or alive) with their local school shooting, their rich committing crimes against minors, and their military doing missile strikes and bombing. So I think we dont have to worry about saving the world by saving electricity/water or use those f*cking paper straws...

    On a brighter side, AI is using a lot more electricity thæn BitchCoin to generate deep fake videos being used for propaganda! Oh wait, that's not the bright side...

    Lemme retry! On a brighter side, the sun is still out and we are still not in WW3 :lol:

    Yes.

    Gotta watch out for the Germany teaming up with Austria.

    Germans are OK in and of themselves.
    Austrians are Germans with a sense of humour.
    It is when they band together that the world wars errupt.
    Every fucking time!

    :)

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru

    @MichaelCee said:
    Due to privacy concerns with our cryptocurrency gateway provider, Coinbase, we have temporarily disabled payments with Cryptocurrency.

    Long story short, our account is repeatedly being blocked for “identify verification” multiple times per year, although we have already been fully verified, as confirmed by Coinbase support.

    Coinbase, in our opinion, are using extortion tactics to gain additional biometrics data, and disguising it as “security”.

    Until this matter is resolved, or we find an alternative cryptocurrency gateway, users will be unable to pay with cryptocurrency.

    Update: (You're thinking, they've replied and resolved it right? NOPE) Coinbase Commerce has been closed down, transitioned to Coinbase Business, effectively pulling out of all countries except the United States and Singapore, and is now limited to legal entities in those countries.

    Therefore, new gateway needed either way.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited April 16

    Emails going out.

    Effective 1st May 2026, OnePoundEmail services, support and billing will be unified under one primary billing portal via DragonWebHost.

    We are making this change to streamline operations and provide a better experience for all users. It is important to note that nobody has been bought out; both brands are owned and operated by me (MichaelCee). This is simply a consolidation of two of my business billing portals into one powerful system.

    What this means for you:

    1. Service Continuity: There will be zero interruption to your email. Your IMAP/SMTP settings, passwords, and data remain exactly as they are.

    2. Pricing Protection: Your current rates are grandfathered. Whether you pay £12/year or are on a monthly tier, your price remains unchanged.

    3. Unified Billing: When you manage your account from 1st May 2026, you will be redirected to the DragonWebHost billing portal. Your existing OnePoundEmail login credentials will work perfectly on the new system.

    4. Better Support: By consolidating the back-ends of these brands into one support queue, we can respond to tickets faster and more efficiently.

    Why the change?
    Managing separate billing systems for OnePoundEmail and DragonWebHost has become inefficient. By bringing everything under the DragonWebHost banner, I can spend less time on administration and more time improving the actual service

    Action Required:
    No action required. The transition will be handled automatically. You will see the DragonWebHost name on future invoices and system emails.

    Thank you for your continued support.

    Michael - Owner, OnePoundEmail & DragonWebHost

    In short, come May 1st 2026, all OnePoundEmail, DragonWebHost and MakeMyKB clients will be able to access their account from one central billing platform. All landing pages, docs and extra branding will remain the same. The transition for OnePoundEmail users will be seamless.

    The goal of this is to:

    • Cut stress
    • Cut costs
    • Allow users to access all services in one central account
    • Minimise data stored
    • Streamline support and billing
    • Other stuff
  • You still doing that get-your-old-plan-back deal? Swear I saw that somewhere, lol, but figured that might be in preparation for this billing system change.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru

    @SocksAreComfortable said:
    You still doing that get-your-old-plan-back deal? Swear I saw that somewhere, lol, but figured that might be in preparation for this billing system change.

    This one? With 6 months on top I might add ;)

    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/10650/onepoundemail-returning-customers-get-6-months-free-lowendspirit-discount#latest

  • @MichaelCee said:

    @SocksAreComfortable said:
    You still doing that get-your-old-plan-back deal? Swear I saw that somewhere, lol, but figured that might be in preparation for this billing system change.

    This one? With 6 months on top I might add ;)

    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/10650/onepoundemail-returning-customers-get-6-months-free-lowendspirit-discount#latest

    lol yes, yes, that one. Thanks, don't know why I couldn't find it! Will be submitting a ticket soon lol.

  • vyasvyas OG
    edited April 16

    Looks like @MichaelCee got tired of switching tabs between profiles for michaelcee@dragonhost... and michaelcee@onepoundemail.

    My only concern...
    Now I cannot write to Michaelcee@dragonhost complaining about michaelcee@onepoundemail...

    sigh! And all the best with the change, man! Simplifying is the (sustainable) way forward....

    @MichaelCee said:
    Emails going out.

    Email click to expand>

    Effective 1st May 2026, OnePoundEmail services, support and billing will be unified under one primary billing portal via DragonWebHost.

    We are making this change to streamline operations and provide a better experience for all users. It is important to note that nobody has been bought out; both brands are owned and operated by me (MichaelCee). This is simply a consolidation of two of my business billing portals into one powerful system.

    What this means for you:

    1. Service Continuity: There will be zero interruption to your email. Your IMAP/SMTP settings, passwords, and data remain exactly as they are.

    2. Pricing Protection: Your current rates are grandfathered. Whether you pay £12/year or are on a monthly tier, your price remains unchanged.

    3. Unified Billing: When you manage your account from 1st May 2026, you will be redirected to the DragonWebHost billing portal. Your existing OnePoundEmail login credentials will work perfectly on the new system.

    4. Better Support: By consolidating the back-ends of these brands into one support queue, we can respond to tickets faster and more efficiently.

    Why the change?
    Managing separate billing systems for OnePoundEmail and DragonWebHost has become inefficient. By bringing everything under the DragonWebHost banner, I can spend less time on administration and more time improving the actual service

    Action Required:
    No action required. The transition will be handled automatically. You will see the DragonWebHost name on future invoices and system emails.

    Thank you for your continued support.

    Michael - Owner, OnePoundEmail & DragonWebHost

    In short, come May 1st 2026, all OnePoundEmail, DragonWebHost and MakeMyKB clients will be able to access their account from one central billing platform. All landing pages, docs and extra branding will remain the same. The transition for OnePoundEmail users will be seamless.

    The goal of this is to:

    • Cut stress
    • Cut costs
    • Allow users to access all services in one central account
    • Minimise data stored
    • Streamline support and billing
    • Other stuff

    Necessary and sufficient reason IMO

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru

    @vyas said: Now I cannot write to Michaelcee@dragonhost complaining about michaelcee@onepoundemail...

    I'm sure I can come up with a solution like "Eric" from Velox Media and their multiple personalities ;)

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited April 16

    @MichaelCee said:
    Emails going out.

    Effective 1st May 2026, OnePoundEmail services, support and billing will be unified under one primary billing portal via DragonWebHost.

    We are making this change to streamline operations and provide a better experience for all users. It is important to note that nobody has been bought out; both brands are owned and operated by me (MichaelCee). This is simply a consolidation of two of my business billing portals into one powerful system.

    What this means for you:

    1. Service Continuity: There will be zero interruption to your email. Your IMAP/SMTP settings, passwords, and data remain exactly as they are.

    2. Pricing Protection: Your current rates are grandfathered. Whether you pay £12/year or are on a monthly tier, your price remains unchanged.

    3. Unified Billing: When you manage your account from 1st May 2026, you will be redirected to the DragonWebHost billing portal. Your existing OnePoundEmail login credentials will work perfectly on the new system.

    4. Better Support: By consolidating the back-ends of these brands into one support queue, we can respond to tickets faster and more efficiently.

    Why the change?
    Managing separate billing systems for OnePoundEmail and DragonWebHost has become inefficient. By bringing everything under the DragonWebHost banner, I can spend less time on administration and more time improving the actual service

    Action Required:
    No action required. The transition will be handled automatically. You will see the DragonWebHost name on future invoices and system emails.

    Thank you for your continued support.

    Michael - Owner, OnePoundEmail & DragonWebHost

    In short, come May 1st 2026, all OnePoundEmail, DragonWebHost and MakeMyKB clients will be able to access their account from one central billing platform. All landing pages, docs and extra branding will remain the same. The transition for OnePoundEmail users will be seamless.

    The goal of this is to:

    • Cut stress
    • Cut costs
    • Allow users to access all services in one central account
    • Minimise data stored
    • Streamline support and billing
    • Other stuff

    If you had an account at DragonWebHost, with no active services or transaction history (never made a payment or closed an invoice), this data has been deleted to make the merge a little bit easier on my fingies (plus yay for your privacy and data security). You are welcome to re-sign up on 1st May 2026 when the systems are combined. DragonWebHost customers will receive a separate email to the one above.

  • https://docs.onepound.email/onepoundemail/contigency-and-transparency#payment-schedule probably needs an update

    Infrastructure Package 1
    Renews annually - next payment due 26th March 2026

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited April 17

    DragonWebHost started with DirectAdmin and cPanel, the uptake for DirectAdmin was far greater, and with there no longer being any active cPanel services I have decided to phase cPanel out completely.

    Notice: Discontinuation of cPanel Hosting Plans

    Effective immediately, DragonWebHost is officially discontinuing all cPanel-based hosting plans. This decision follows a period of low uptake and is part of our broader strategy to focus 100% of our resources on our DirectAdmin and specialised Email Hosting infrastructure.

    What this means:

    New sign-ups for cPanel plans are no longer accepted.
    This change does not affect any existing active services, as all current hosting clients are already using our DirectAdmin or Email-only nodes.
    By narrowing our focus to a single control panel environment, we can provide more consistent updates, better security, and faster support response times.

    Thank you for your continued support as we streamline our infrastructure.

    Michael
    DragonWebHost

    Other than that, this week I have been doing some cleanup behind the scenes. I have merged the MakeMyKB backend successfully which gives me optimism for my May 1st plan :) Also started replacing some ugly links with more friendly looking ones: I.e https://onepound.email/starter will redirect to https://my.onepoundemail.co.uk/order/config/index/email-hosting/?group_id=2&pricing_id=76 so I can use that going forward.

    I have also set up the new https://billing.dragonwebhost.com name, which fun fact as some of you might see, it actually goes to OnePoundEmail at the moment as that's the Blesta database that will be used from May. It is a much smaller job moving DWH > OPE and renaming it than moving OPE > DWH. Plus it's where my additional company license is active for "MichaelCee".

    @tbnuser said:
    https://docs.onepound.email/onepoundemail/contigency-and-transparency#payment-schedule probably needs an update

    Infrastructure Package 1
    Renews annually - next payment due 26th March 2026

    Will update today!

  • somiksomik OG Hostbusters

    I am currently debating if I should still use my own server for emails or switch to dragon host...

    @MichaelCee do you have one of those comparison where you compare the benifits of switching to onepound/dragonhost over using own server for emails?

    I speak fluent sarcasm and broken logic. | I would agree with you, but thæn we’d both be wrong.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited April 19

    @somik said: @MichaelCee do you have one of those comparison where you compare the benifits of switching to onepound/dragonhost over using own server for emails?

    I will make one. Great idea. But for now.. on the left is your own server. On the right is OnePoundEmail.

  • somiksomik OG Hostbusters

    @MichaelCee said:

    @somik said: @MichaelCee do you have one of those comparison where you compare the benifits of switching to onepound/dragonhost over using own server for emails?

    I will make one. Great idea. But for now.. on the left is your own server. On the right is OnePoundEmail.

    Fixed it for you :lol:

    I speak fluent sarcasm and broken logic. | I would agree with you, but thæn we’d both be wrong.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru

    The Great Merge has commenced.

    Most DragonWebHost users and all MakeMyKB users have been moved to the new hub at https://billing.dragonwebhost.com

    Will complete the rest and finalise all redirects etc later today.

    TL;DR

    Once everything is finalised, all of those old links will redirect to the main hub.

  • @MichaelCee, what if you had a clients.dragonwebhost.com account and a my.onepoundemail.co.uk account?

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru

    @Wonder_Woman said:
    @MichaelCee, what if you had a clients.dragonwebhost.com account and a my.onepoundemail.co.uk account?

    If the details matched, it is now one account with all services. If the details didn't match, you now have two billing accounts.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited May 3

    @MichaelCee said:
    The Great Merge has commenced.

    Most DragonWebHost users and all MakeMyKB users have been moved to the new hub at https://billing.dragonwebhost.com

    Will complete the rest and finalise all redirects etc later today.

    What a messy boy I have been. One user had an account on MichaelCee, before the hosting was spun off to DragonWebHost. Because MichaelCee uses the same database as the former OnePoundEmail Blesta, computer said no to creating a new account.

    I have removed the MichaelCee account and sorted it, including the historical data from said MichaelCee account.

    There are 9 more people that need to be migrated after that short delay.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru

    @MichaelCee said:

    @MichaelCee said:
    The Great Merge has commenced.

    Most DragonWebHost users and all MakeMyKB users have been moved to the new hub at https://billing.dragonwebhost.com

    Will complete the rest and finalise all redirects etc later today.

    What a messy boy I have been. One user had an account on MichaelCee, before the hosting was spun off to DragonWebHost. Because MichaelCee uses the same database as the former OnePoundEmail Blesta, computer said no to creating a new account.

    I have removed the MichaelCee account and sorted it, including the historical data from said MichaelCee account.

    There are 9 more people that need to be migrated after that short delay.

    All done and all redirecting correctly now. All users now have access to the consolidated billing portal.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited July 11

    DragonWebHost Singapore will be migrating to a new server.

    In the interest of transparency, Singapore Is losing me about £600 per year. The reality is it's not 2020 anymore and without an aggressive marketing strategy, I'm not going to fill the overkill box I had set up, so I'm scaling down for now.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited September 16

    Really liking the new Blesta 6 financial reports page. Also: number go up. number green. make happy. Thanks!

    LowEndSpirit - VPS Hosting and tech forum

    Honestly wish I had more updates to post in this thread, but I've been really busy going back and forth 100 miles to finish up moving. Almost fully settled in, few house maintenance tasks to get sorted. I've not been doing much of my physical product stuff so looking to put more time into improving everything I can with this side of my business.

    I'm going to do some research and analysis and see what can be done, please do let me know any suggestions.

  • I'm glad that I missed that deal. Already have MXRoute and lifetime CraneMail, I don't really need a third one.

    The river runs towards the sea, but the sea is never full...

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru

    @motafokabr said:

    I'm glad that I missed that deal. Already have MXRoute and lifetime CraneMail, I don't really need a third one.

    What about £3.97?

  • @MichaelCee said:

    @motafokabr said:

    I'm glad that I missed that deal. Already have MXRoute and lifetime CraneMail, I don't really need a third one.

    What about £3.97?

    LowEndSpirit - VPS Hosting and tech forum

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorProviderOG Cymru
    edited September 19

    MakeMyKB Pro v1.1 is well on the way. It currently has 178 articles across 14 categories. I've got a new system for reviewing articles which tells me I've confirmed 101/178 as production ready. I have 122 screenshots to take and it'll be ready for release.

    In the next version you'll notice I've changed how you install the articles. The readme will have detailed instructions. As part of this, I've shifted the article and category IDs in the database to avoid conflicts with existing articles.

    The current changelog is as follows:

    • All article and category ids moved into the 9000 range so the bundle can be installed alongside an existing knowledgebase.
    • Added two new categories: Email Services and Troubleshooting & Errors.
    • Expanded the Blesta category with seven new articles covering two-factor authentication, password resets, notification preferences, additional contacts, services, renewals and invoices.
    • Added six Email Services articles covering iOS, Android and Apple Mail setup, bounceback errors, autoresponders and spam.
    • Added four Troubleshooting articles: 403 Forbidden, 500 Internal Server Error, 502 Bad Gateway, and database errors.
    • Added a "Next" cross reference to 162 articles, pointing readers to related guides.
    • Added a domain life cycle diagram to the domain expiry article.
    • Standardised heading structure across all 178 articles: H2 for sections, H3 for subheadings.
    • Applied a consistent article format throughout: logo, opening summary, numbered steps.
    • Added descriptive alt text to every image for accessibility and SEO.
    • Converted the bundle to British English throughout.
    • Standardised all placeholder domains to example.com.
    • Shortened Enhance article titles for consistency with other control panel categories.
    • Fixed title grammar and capitalisation across several categories.
    • Fixed inconsistent navigation wording in Blesta articles.
    • Fixed incorrect instructions across DirectAdmin articles.
    • Replaced third-party phrasing with first-person support wording throughout.
    • Rewrote a duplicate WordPress installation article as a manual installation guide.
    • Rewrote a duplicate name server article as a guide to changing name servers.
    • Expanded the website compromise article and restructured it as numbered steps.
    • Corrected broken code formatting, punctuation and typography across the bundle.
    • Fixed command placeholders that were being stripped by the page renderer.
    • Removed repetitive closing lines from 145 articles.
    • Removed duplicate closing sections from eleven articles.
    • Repaired all dead image links in the Enhance category.
    • Added missing screenshots to two DirectAdmin articles.
    • Removed unavailable screenshots from the VirtFusion, Windows and PayPal categories. Those articles are currently text-only.
    • Rewrote the installation guide with separate paths for new and existing knowledgebases, plus troubleshooting/uninstallation.
  • @MichaelCee said:

    @motafokabr said:

    I'm glad that I missed that deal. Already have MXRoute and lifetime CraneMail, I don't really need a third one.

    What about £3.97?

    Crap, that offer hit the threshold and would definitely be a great idle subscription!

    The river runs towards the sea, but the sea is never full...

  • sh97sh97 Top MJJ

    @MichaelCee said:

    @motafokabr said:

    I'm glad that I missed that deal. Already have MXRoute and lifetime CraneMail, I don't really need a third one.

    What about £3.97?

    Hello
    Yes please

Sign In or Register to comment.