[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

@Connor7 said:

@VirMach said: For Tokyo

I just purchased a Ryzen Special 512, but I only got 1GB BW?

(edit) Fixed

Thanked by (1)Connor7
  • @VirMach said:
    I'm trying to make a list of all that's left before we can do the sale, let me know if anything's left out.

• All tickets (and presumably issues but we'll also clean up any remaining disk/provision issues)
    • Adding everyone's additional IPs (part of above)
    • rDNS requests (already halfway done, just setting it up on SVM)
    • Giving everyone IPv6 or at least adding a button where you can request it with priority
    • Shipping off Amsterdam storage (can't promise not getting stuck @ customs, last time it was quick. Ooh EU storage special?)
    • Fixing/migrating any remaining nodes (mainly LAXA014)
    • Wrapping up getting nodes stabilized (probably send out some extra parts per location, and servers)

@VirMach said: Here, I'll promise one thing and make sure to remind me of it a week before BF: if the consensus is that we haven't gone everything stable & done, let me know and we'll definitely cancel the BF sale.

Basically this, let me know what I should add to the list above. All feedback is welcome. And I'll consider the opinion of every person who has a VirMach account (their own) in good standing.

@VirMach the following could be useful and help prevent further abuse of resources:

• Implement/Improve a mechanism to check actual resources (CPU, RAM, Bandwitch) utilization at the VM level, to assure the host integrity, and also develop automated alarms/notifications to send to the abusers
  • @VirMach said:
    I'm trying to make a list of all that's left before we can do the sale, let me know if anything's left out.

• All tickets (and presumably issues but we'll also clean up any remaining disk/provision issues)
    • Adding everyone's additional IPs (part of above)
    • rDNS requests (already halfway done, just setting it up on SVM)
    • Giving everyone IPv6 or at least adding a button where you can request it with priority
    • Shipping off Amsterdam storage (can't promise not getting stuck @ customs, last time it was quick. Ooh EU storage special?)
    • Fixing/migrating any remaining nodes (mainly LAXA014)
    • Wrapping up getting nodes stabilized (probably send out some extra parts per location, and servers)

@VirMach said: Here, I'll promise one thing and make sure to remind me of it a week before BF: if the consensus is that we haven't gone everything stable & done, let me know and we'll definitely cancel the BF sale.

Basically this, let me know what I should add to the list above. All feedback is welcome. And I'll consider the opinion of every person who has a VirMach account (their own) in good standing.

I don't know that I've seen anyone comment on this, so I thought I'd start in. In general, things feel relatively stable right now, my dedi has been rock solid with great networking, and I've currently got zero VPSs that are down, out of 18. Things aren't perfect, networking problems still pop up here and there and my tokyo storage neighbors suck, but I'd call it acceptable. The to-do list sounds like it might be a little optimistic to finish before black friday, but even just making good progress on the list, I wouldn't have any problems ordering BF deals.

Thanked by (3)VirMach FrankZ DanSummer
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@bakageta said: The to-do list sounds like it might be a little optimistic to finish before black friday, but even just making good progress on the list, I wouldn't have any problems ordering BF deals.

If I don't finish the entire list in 30 minutes... everyone gets a fr— [gets whacked in the head by time traveling VirBot]

• do i see a

halloween special

coming?

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said: Fixed

Is it a bad idea to buy this test run product? What's the different between final product :o
    The performance was amazing though.

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said: And then I was wondering what post-zero generation is, is that millennial? Gen Z?

It means people who born after 2000.
    There are a lot of posts about you on Hostloc these days. The last time was when they happily forced migrate to Tokyo.
    That's so funny!

• @VirMach said:

@bakageta said: The to-do list sounds like it might be a little optimistic to finish before black friday, but even just making good progress on the list, I wouldn't have any problems ordering BF deals.

If I don't finish the entire list in 30 minutes... everyone gets a fr— [gets whacked in the head by time traveling VirBot]

Damn you, future VirBot!

• @FAT32 said:
    I perfectly understand the need to stay anonymous as the censorship is strict, but purposely bypassing the system, deceiving others, and causing troubles or additional overhead (eg. Abusing the resources) to the providers just doesn't bring benefits to anyone. It is just too selfish in my opinion.

See, this is one of the things I really don't understand.

If things are so bad as they seem in regards to the laws and rules, making them hide their identities and what they are doing, why on earth would you then call attention to yourself by scamming / dealing with scammers, abusing resources, causing headaches for other others and people that run the companies, etc.

If I had to use a service that let me get through all of those problems, I would try to be as unnoticed as possible, make sure everything was as proper as I could. No dealing with 3rd parties which could leak info or scam me, no fake info that would be noticed & lock down the account, no abuse of resources, no attacking providers in public if something went bad or anything else to bring attention to me. So that I could have my important link to outside world continue to be active.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FAT32
  • Special Bundle BF idler

• @VirMach said: The best way to deal with it is how we have it right now. $10 setup fee for Tokyo.

I suggest a $15 fee for Tokyo and another $15 fee for transfer in that location. If someone really needs Tokyo it shouldn't be a problem to pay that. :)
    Adding those fees still make your Tokyo offer better than others in that location. The lower headache would be good for your health too.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint chimichurri
  • @Flying_Chinaman said: With all due curiosity, why they call you the damn old fat.

I think you're the only one who call him that.

• @Wonder_Woman said:

@VirMach said:

Damn you, future VirBot!

Sorry, someone needs to keep him in line once in a while.

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • Is it black friday already? Is Ryzen SSD32G for free already?

Thanked by (3)yoursunny storm dartagnan
  • @imok said:
    Is it black friday already? Is Ryzen SSD32G for free already?

You gave yours to me for free, remember? Something about not needing it. Very grateful btw ;)

Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ
  • @VirBOT said:

@Wonder_Woman said:

@VirMach said:

Damn you, future VirBot!

Sorry, someone needs to keep him in line once in a while.

Oh no

• @imok said:

You can bet your SSD2G on the wheel and try to spin a NVMe32G.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

It's nice to see a bus once in a while here. I still miss the old days when there was a bus on every page.

Thanked by (2)_MS_ imok

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Maybe it's just lack of sleep / drugs / pain clouding my memory, but I don't remember the origins of the bus thing, just remember it being a thing..

• @yoursunny said:

@imok said:

You can bet your SSD2G on the wheel and try to spin a NVMe32G.

Of course, if you make VirMach actually remove the one that I technically lost to the wheel, the ghost of my service will haunt you forever.

• @Daevien said: Maybe it's just lack of sleep / drugs / pain clouding my memory, but I don't remember the origins of the bus thing, just remember it being a thing..

iirc recaptcha + easy to find with numbers

Thanked by (1)Daevien

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Mason said:

@VirMach said:
    We already basically warned Mason and he said they should be able to handle it or something to that effect. Perhaps it'll end up being a terrible mistake but at least I wasn't going to just do that and then not warn him at all.

Can't promise it'll be smooth, but it'll be a fun ride :)

I've deputized @FrankZ who has volunteered to help out with keeping the VirMach thread(s) clean and somewhat presentable. As we all know, Frank is someone who has consistently proven to be a helpful community member while also being "in the know" about all things VirMach, so this seems like it'll be a good fit.

@VirMach, feel free to reach out to @FrankZ directly if you need any quick mod actions done. And thanks again, @FrankZ! :)

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• We're doomed! Er, I mean congrats FrankZ ;)

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint FrankZ _MS_
  • See? China was right - PAID MODS IN THIS TOPIC!
    /s

GratZ @FrankZ

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@Daevien said: We're doomed! Er, I mean congrats FrankZ ;)
    @Jab said:
    See? China was right - PAID MODS IN THIS TOPIC!
    /s

GratZ @FrankZ

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ You r now a moderator, congrats. B)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

congrats @FrankZ !

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Woo hoo congratulations @FrankZ ! Well deserved.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman
  • Congrats @FrankZ!

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Wonder_Woman imok
This discussion has been closed.