[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    @FAT32

• Memory in 256MB increments, minimum 256MB. Max 8GB
    • Disk in 1GB increments, minimum 5GB (but we could also leave it at 1.) Max 500GB
    • CPU in 1 increments, max 6.
    • Bandwidth in 128GB increments, max 20480GB

So the unit pricing still the same?

• @VirMach said:
    Maybe we can actually do it as an upsell, to let people get on Gen4, 5000 series, or 10Gbps node.

Would you guys want one-time setup fee that's higher or recurring lower for that? Name your price for guaranteed to be on one of those nodes. Should we charge extra for 2Gbps burst option since servers will all eventually be 2Gbps? Otherwise they'd be capped 1Gbps default.

Should we add options to get dedicated cores? For that we can probably only offer it on the preconfigured ones. Actually for that one it'd be lousy value. Lowest I could realistically get it would be astronomically high.

I'd definitely pay a one-time setup to get on a 10Gbps node, I'd prefer the one-time vs extra on the recurring but I'd be willing to pay a small amount more recurring instead if that's what you needed to do to make it happen.

• @Jab said:

@ehab said: i can be quite and take them.

You are not quiet, you lost your chance already.

oky ,shhhh ... i can split it with you.

• @VirMach said:
    256MB RAM = $1.25
    1GB Disk = $0.01
    1 CPU = $8
    128GB BW = $0.25
    1 IPv4 = $8

Do you mean 1GB = $0.1? If not I can get 500GB NVMe for just $5/2yr...

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:
    @FAT32

• Memory in 256MB increments, minimum 256MB. Max 8GB
    • Disk in 1GB increments, minimum 5GB (but we could also leave it at 1.) Max 500GB
    • CPU in 1 increments, max 6.
    • Bandwidth in 128GB increments, max 20480GB

So the unit pricing still the same?

Unit pricing stays the same yes.

Oh right I forgot WHMCS+SVM don't even support custom quantity multipliers. It literally has to go based off MB and the lowest we can change for 1MB is $0.01 which is double price. Looks like we have to just double the prices and then have 50% off code. I can modify the code however you end up doing it or give me a few minutes to figure this other part out.

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @VirMach said:

@Jab said:
    Then we doomed, shit like that goes for 12-20$ per month every other place :D

Hmmm, seems like there is no flux nodes on 47.87.. range :D
    No one farming on VirMach? ^.-

https://stats.runonflux.io/fluxinfo?projection=ip

How much money can I make if I just mine this and do no special? I have 20 nodes ready to be destroyed.

Decent amount but basically anyone who runs these on a normal VPS is being abusive.

edited October 2022

@FAT32 okay RAM just has to go by MB, disk by GB, BW by GB. If we want to just pass a number like 1024 = 1GB RAM, 1024 =1TB BW, 50 = 50GB

Can still do increments do whatever as long as it can pass along that number. And I guess we're just doing 50% off

Everything might end up costing a little more in any case, oh well. The WHMCS tax.

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @Jab said:

Just click 'Active' and it will load active only next time you click "Services".

No way! I didn't know that. . . Thanks, @Jab.

• @VirMach said:
    @FAT32 okay RAM just has to go by MB, disk by GB, BW by GB. If we want to just pass a number like 1024 = 1GB RAM, 1024 =1TB BW, 50 = 50GB

Can still do increments do whatever as long as it can pass along that number. And I guess we're just doing 50% off

Everything might end up costing a little more in any case, oh well. The WHMCS tax.

So...

• $0.01/MB RAM
    • $0.1/GB Disk
    • $0.01/GB BW

?

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

So...

• $0.01/MB RAM
    • $0.1/GB Disk
    • $0.01/GB BW

?

Our doubled pricing which you'll halve are:

$0.01 per 1MB RAM ($0.005 actual)
    $0.02 per 1GB Disk ($0.01 actual)
    $16 per CPU ($8 actual)
    $0.01 per 1GB Bandwidth ($5.12 per 1TB actual or $0.50 per 100GB, and so on, which is a mandatory price increase.)
    $16 per IP ($8 actual)

• For what it's worth I'd also love the chance to pay a little more for 10G. It's awesome having that sort of burst.

Thanked by (1)bakageta

@fluttershy said:
    For what it's worth I'd also love the chance to pay a little more for 10G. It's awesome having that sort of burst.

Unfortunately I don't even think this would be appealing to you for higher bandwidth amounts. Unless we just do super high prices and then give like 90% off we're stuck at $5.12 per 1TB instead of $2 per 1TB even with 50% off worked in if we want to make it work.

So your plan is now $75 instead of $65ish or whatever it was previously. Maybe this is the true reason RN doubles bandwidth. /s

I'll try to think of something.

• @VirMach said:

@fluttershy said:
    For what it's worth I'd also love the chance to pay a little more for 10G. It's awesome having that sort of burst.

Unfortunately I don't even think this would be appealing to you for higher bandwidth amounts. Unless we just do super high prices and then give like 90% off we're stuck at $5.12 per 1TB instead of $2 per 1TB even with 50% off worked in if we want to make it work.

So your plan is now $75 instead of $65ish or whatever it was previously. Maybe this is the true reason RN doubles bandwidth. /s

I'll try to think of something.

It's tough and honestly 2G is probably fine. I just feel bad about using 70% of the whole node's uplink for hours at a time and will happily pay a bit extra to be a slightly better neighbor.

@fluttershy said: It's tough and honestly 2G is probably fine. I just feel bad about using 70% of the whole node's uplink for hours at a time and will happily pay a bit extra to be a slightly better neighbor.

Oh not sure if you missed it but this is basically a WHMCS/SolusVM module pricing limitation not necessarily that we can't do it. So now I have to think of another tactic like actually doubling bandwidth.

It's funny, everything I didn't want to do we're getting forced into kind of, which is marking up price and then saying 50% off and then doubling bandwidth but the sad part is it'll lead to more sales.

• @VirMach said:

Here you go

edited October 2022

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Here you go

Looks awesome, thanks. What's it coded in?

(edit) all I can think of is that one ticket depending on how WHMCS ends up rounding, "website said $23.13 but I was charged $23.14" also I'm kidding this isn't an actual concern

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said:
    Looks awesome, thanks. What's it coded in?

• Tooling: Vite
    • Framework: React
    • Typing: TypeScript
    • UI Component: Material UI

But since it is frontend only, it can be compiled into some form of single file JavaScript bundle (We call it UMD) and be embedded in WHMCS or anywhere of your wish (Of course, I can provide functionality to modify the parameters at your wish)

With that being said, if you have any preference on the tech stacks (eg. Bootstrap + jQuery + PHP), just let me know, it is not difficult to port them over to others since it is a very simple functionality

Thanked by (1)theloafingone
  • There are other ways than "custom multiplier".
    FABRIC testbed did this:

You can request VMs of size up to 64 cores and 384 GB of RAM with a disk size varying from 10GB to 4TB, however there are set increments in which you can request ‘the next size up’ and not all combinations of all possible values of these dimensions are achievable.

• Cores start at 1, then 2, then in increments of 2 up to 64
    • RAM goes in powers of 2 between 2 and 256 and then goes up to 384GB
    • Disk starts from 10, 100, 500GB, 2TB, 4TB

All available combinations of these dimensions are defined in approximately 1000 ‘flavors’ inside OpenStack that runs in individual FABRIC sites.
    When you ask for certain number of cores, RAM and disk tries to find the nearest larger flavor than what you are requesting.

Hence, VirMach can hire an intern to create 1000 different plans…

Thanked by (1)VirMach

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@FAT32 said: (Of course, I can provide functionality to modify the parameters at your wish)

Will it be less work if I just give you the sample link with the config ID and where the number would get inserted, or if you added functionality to modify? And yeah javascript would work.

@yoursunny said:
    There are other ways than "custom multiplier".
    FABRIC testbed did this:

You can request VMs of size up to 64 cores and 384 GB of RAM with a disk size varying from 10GB to 4TB, however there are set increments in which you can request ‘the next size up’ and not all combinations of all possible values of these dimensions are achievable.

• Cores start at 1, then 2, then in increments of 2 up to 64
    • RAM goes in powers of 2 between 2 and 256 and then goes up to 384GB
    • Disk starts from 10, 100, 500GB, 2TB, 4TB

All available combinations of these dimensions are defined in approximately 1000 ‘flavors’ inside OpenStack that runs in individual FABRIC sites.
    When you ask for certain number of cores, RAM and disk tries to find the nearest larger flavor than what you are requesting.

Hence, VirMach can hire an intern to create 1000 different plans…

The most I was even considering for this idea (passed in my head maybe 8 hours ago) is splitting it into two, one low-end and one high-end to get it closer but I'd rather just have bad prices.

• @VirMach said:
    Will it be less work if I just give you the sample link with the config ID and where the number would get inserted, or if you added functionality to modify? And yeah javascript would work.

The code is already modular (and relatively simple) enough that you can modify it directly, this is how it is currently structured:

const CONFIG = {
      cpu: {
        label: 'CPU',
        min: 1,
        max: 6,
        step: 1,
        default: 1,
        cost: 16
      },
      ram: {
        label: 'RAM',
        min: 256,
        max: 8192,
        step: 256,
        units: ['MB', 'GB'],
        default: 1024,
        cost: 0.01
      },
      disk: {
        label: 'NVMe',
        min: 5,
        max: 500,
        units: ['GB'],
        default: 25,
        cost: 0.02
      },
      bw: {
        label: 'Bandwidth',
        min: 128,
        max: 20480,
        step: 128,
        units: ['GB', 'TB'],
      },
      ip: {
        label: 'IP',
        max: 4,
      }
    };

That said, I think it would be great if you can let me know what will be the flow (eg. what are the interactions that will land into this page, such as embed into the order page in WHMCS). Alternatively, if WHMCS allow adding configoption[*] in the query parameter, then this can be an individual page that just redirect to the order / cart page.

• @VirMach I bought an account in April this year, and then encountered a promotion and bought a Ryzen Special 2560
    MiserlyCaring-VM $55.00 USD Biennially, I set up my own small website, and now it is suddenly suspended, what should I do? It's been 2 days since the ticket was submitted, but no reply? View Ticket #627022

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

The code is already modular (and relatively simple) enough that you can modify it directly, this is how it is currently structured:

const CONFIG = {
      cpu: {
        label: 'CPU',
        max: 6,
      },
      ram: {
        label: 'RAM',
        min: 256,
        max: 8192,
        step: 256,
        units: ['MB', 'GB'],
      },
      disk: {
        label: 'NVMe',
        min: 5,
        max: 500,
        units: ['GB'],
        default: 25,
        cost: 0.02
      },
      bw: {
        label: 'Bandwidth',
        min: 128,
        max: 20480,
        step: 128,
        units: ['GB', 'TB'],
      },
      ip: {
        label: 'IP',
        max: 4,
      }
    };

That said, I think it would be great if you can let me know what will be the flow (eg. what are the interactions that will land into this page, such as embed into the order page in WHMCS). Alternatively, if WHMCS allow adding configoption[*] in the query parameter, then this can be an individual page that just redirect to the order / cart page.

I private messaged you.

Thanked by (1)FAT32

@jack666 said:
    @VirMach I bought an account in April this year, and then encountered a promotion and bought a Ryzen Special 2560
    MiserlyCaring-VM $55.00 USD Biennially, I set up my own small website, and now it is suddenly suspended, what should I do? It's been 2 days since the ticket was submitted, but no reply? View Ticket #627022

Let me know if you'd like to provide any critical details.

edited October 2022

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Here you go

@FAT32 and if I may request, since BW pricing is forced to be higher if it can go in 0.25TB increment instead with 0.25TB = 256

256 = 256GB = $2.56 --> $1.28 after 50% off.

Thanked by (1)FAT32

@FAT32 feel free to be the first person to use it as well, and I'll refund you and change price to $0 recurring for helping out. It's probably worth less than us actually getting someone else to do this but its the least we can do.

And anyone who was around who helped with this, if you do make an order, basically order around half the bandwidth you actually need and contact me to double it and it should be around the same price we discussed.

I'll ignore anyone who wasn't here though unless we decide to create a lot more work for ourselves and double bandwidth, maybe via spins.

Thanked by (1)risturiz
  • JabJab
    edited October 2022

VirMach said: @FAT32 feel free to be the first person to use it as well, and I'll refund you and change price to $0 recurring for helping out. It's probably worth less than us actually getting someone else to do this but its the least we can do.

Go wild, go abuse!

FAT32 gets 32GB of everything... Fuck, there are limits.
    So 8.88$ special with all the 8! Fuck, CPU is at 6!
    6.66$ special? Fuck, IP limit at 4.
    4.44$ special it seems :P

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• 26/6/2022, got an email with the subject line "[Emergency Reboot] Amsterdam Ryzen Sunday @ 12PM PST", the machine went down, and it was marked as Terminated. My ticket is #108781, please !

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

@sennyman said:
    26/6/2022, got an email with the subject line "[Emergency Reboot] Amsterdam Ryzen Sunday @ 12PM PST", the machine went down, and it was marked as Terminated. My ticket is #108781, please !

26/6/2022 as in 4 months ago?
    This clearly must be related and worth mentioning!

Nice tricks!

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

This discussion has been closed.