[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said: Can I get more info on these? Europe seems to be having some issues maybe it's on the other end. I can't verify it on ours but can look further, maybe some setting messed up on network bridge after reboots for VMs.

Too late, it stopped like 6 hours ago :D
    https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/ea8c468a5633bfcc36f887b8fd4b8099/

Everything in HT logs looks like [as this is not shown in public report]:

3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2000ms
    3 packets transmitted, 0 received, +3 errors, 100% packet loss, time 2003ms

and those errors (when it's not packet loss) are like:
    From 94.23.122.242 icmp_seq=1 Time to live exceeded
    From 10.72.2.13 icmp_seq=1 Destination Net Unreachable

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@aiexo said:
    @VirMach
    I got the email:
    Meaning the VPS is not recoverable? Nor can it be transferred to a new account?

Correct. If you're the guy that wanted to pay $25 for me to look into it further (I think there was one guy, I don't remember) and believe that's a better option for you then let me know, otherwise how I remember it is that we couldn't offer you anything else. Correct me if I'm wrong and we offered anything else to you.

Unfortunately, I'm not that guy.

But I asked you how to handle it, do I need to createa a ticket to explain the situation? But you didn't reply, so I missed the time.

If I pay $25, will I be able to restore the service and transfer to a new account?

Is your special particular good? I'd recommend you just wait for the email, and get pro-rated credits on new account since BF is coming up and you can buy something similar on the sale and no $25 fee.

In fact, I don't have much time to participate in flash sales.

So if it can be restored by paying $25, it will be a best choice for me. I wish it was over sooner, then I could focus on my life.

PS.I have paid too much for this VPS and I hope I can continue to use

@VirMach here…

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

@Jab said:

@VirMach said: Can I get more info on these? Europe seems to be having some issues maybe it's on the other end. I can't verify it on ours but can look further, maybe some setting messed up on network bridge after reboots for VMs.

Too late, it stopped like 6 hours ago :D
    https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/ea8c468a5633bfcc36f887b8fd4b8099/

Everything in HT logs looks like [as this is not shown in public report]:

3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2000ms
    3 packets transmitted, 0 received, +3 errors, 100% packet loss, time 2003ms

and those errors (when it's not packet loss) are like:
    From 94.23.122.242 icmp_seq=1 Time to live exceeded
    From 10.72.2.13 icmp_seq=1 Destination Net Unreachable

Okay yeah confirmed connectivity in Frankfurt metro area yesterday.

Just a coincidence.

• edited October 2022

I just had a funny conversation with someone named @fyxgy at OGF complaining about terrible injustice because of suspension and denying that he's the same @fyxgy (virmach reseller) at hostloc. Funny people...

@VirMach said: Can I get more info on these?

CET (FFME007 server) time:

Uptime monitor from Netherlands (2 minutes check interval):

Uptime monitor from Florida (2 minutes check interval):

(it seems okay for the last 6 hours tho)

edit.
    Too slow! It was discussed/answered already while I pasted this :P

• @FAT32 said:
    I also dont understand the purpose of multi-account, just create one and one only and not hiding behind the screen over so many different accounts.

Yes, i want to know why i need two accounts on Virmach? What is the benefit?

• @risturiz said: Yes, i want to know why i need two accounts on Virmach? What is the benefit?

The more 2fa codes the merrier!

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @risturiz said:

@FAT32 said:
    I also dont understand the purpose of multi-account, just create one and one only and not hiding behind the screen over so many different accounts.

Maybe to seperate dev from prod, or personal from business account? I can see valid uses but I doubt many (if any) people are doing it properly.

@fluttershy said:

@risturiz said:

@FAT32 said:

Maybe to seperate dev from prod, or personal from business account? I can see valid uses but I doubt many (if any) people are doing it properly.

The people doing it properly exist and similar reasons as you mentioned, usually bigger companies.

• @fluttershy said:

There are better ways to split dev and prod xD

• @risturiz said:

@fluttershy said:

There are better ways to split dev and prod xD

I don't see WHMCS having proper access control so I doubt it, at least on the provider's side.

• @VirMach If you do still need more info for the FFM stuff, I can send you a hetrix url for a FFME002 vps

@Daevien said:
    @VirMach If you do still need more info for the FFM stuff, I can send you a hetrix url for a FFME002 vps

If it's continuing then sure otherwise it was determined to just be widespread network issue that ended.

• @aiexo said:

@aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@aiexo said:
    @VirMach
    I got the email:

Correct. If you're the guy that wanted to pay $25 for me to look into it further (I think there was one guy, I don't remember) and believe that's a better option for you then let me know, otherwise how I remember it is that we couldn't offer you anything else. Correct me if I'm wrong and we offered anything else to you.

But I asked you how to handle it, do I need to createa a ticket to explain the situation? But you didn't reply, so I missed the time.

If I pay $25, will I be able to restore the service and transfer to a new account?

Is your special particular good? I'd recommend you just wait for the email, and get pro-rated credits on new account since BF is coming up and you can buy something similar on the sale and no $25 fee.

So if it can be restored by paying $25, it will be a best choice for me. I wish it was over sooner, then I could focus on my life.

@VirMach here…

I tried to communicate with you many times, but you always failed to answer at the key point, did you ignore it or? @VirMach

@aiexo said:

@aiexo said:

@aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@aiexo said:
    @VirMach
    I got the email:

@VirMach here…

I tried to communicate with you many times, but you always failed to answer at the key point, did you ignore it or? @VirMach

I'm afraid of billing you $25 right now as I assume it will only result in expect even higher priority support which I can't provide you with this weekend. There's a lot to do right now, I can't dive into your case at the moment.

• @VirMach said:

@Daevien said:
    @VirMach If you do still need more info for the FFM stuff, I can send you a hetrix url for a FFME002 vps

If it's continuing then sure otherwise it was determined to just be widespread network issue that ended.

I had turned off notifications and just woke up so wasn't sure if it was still happening. I'll keep an eye on them and see if it happens again

• @VirMach said:

@aiexo said:

@aiexo said:

@aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@aiexo said:

@VirMach said:

@aiexo said:
    @VirMach
    I got the email:

@VirMach here…

I'm afraid of billing you $25 right now as I assume it will only result in expect even higher priority support which I can't provide you with this weekend. There's a lot to do right now, I can't dive into your case at the moment.

Understood.
    I received an email last night saying that the account will be deleted after the 30th and I would like to have this done before that date.
    Do I need to open a ticket to you or find u here in a few days?

• edited October 2022

I wish there was a convenient way to merge multiple accounts. Many people inadvertently register multiple accounts, no abuse of resources, no scalping, just habit, and multiple accounts I find inconvenient, too.

• @aiexo said:
    Understood.
    I received an email last night saying that the account will be deleted after the 30th and I would like to have this done before that date.

As depending on your timezone, the 30th may be here shortly / already here, I'm not sure you will get it done within that timeframe.

And as a note, Virmach has pretty much said if people just keep spamming the same thing over and over, he gives it less priority. So for your own sake, you may want to just make sure all the directions & steps have been done and then wait patiently.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@reselect said:
    I wish there was a convenient way to merge multiple accounts. Many people inadvertently register multiple accounts, no abuse of resources, no scalping, just habit, and multiple accounts I find inconvenient, too.

i really want to believe you

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

I think email said 29th of November (30 day) notice.

• @Daevien said:

@aiexo said:
    Understood.

As depending on your timezone, the 30th may be here shortly / already here, I'm not sure you will get it done within that timeframe.

And as a note, Virmach has pretty much said if people just keep spamming the same thing over and over, he gives it less priority. So for your own sake, you may want to just make sure all the directions & steps have been done and then wait patiently.

Thanks for reply.
    I didn't make it clear that is it will be del after 30 days. (I'm not creating new tickets anymore.)
    I've been spended lots of time on this. It's making me tired and I'm looking forward to getting it over with soon.

edited October 2022

@QuantumCat said:
    Highly appreciated your comment, great comfort someone really send me the positive advice.

Hey, just wanted to check in with you, did you ever create the ticket? I see one recently I think which might be you but it's for the final closure option, let me know if you need help. I just need some basic information from you in a ticket because I remember I glanced at it and it seemed the most likely to have a successful appeal at the time.

Nevermind. Now I'm kind of sad but I can see why you proceeded in that manner. I'll pretend like I didn't see anything in this case since it wasn't requested to look into it.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@aiexo - You have made nine comments today requesting VirMach's time. What do you say to letting him deal with some other folks ?

@reselect said:

Please stop. The VirMach genie is not going to grant your wish.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    @aiexo - You have made nine comments today requesting VirMach's time. What do you say to letting him deal with some other folks ?

--

@reselect said:

Please stop. The VirMach genie is not going to grant your wish.

I don't understand what you mean by that.

You can see what I said, what do you think is wrong with that?

• @aiexo said:

Sometimes people reply to two different people in one comment. FrankZ talked to you at the start of his message then quoted reselect and replied to him below.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Daevien said:

@aiexo said:

Sometimes people reply to two different people in one comment. FrankZ talked to you at the start of his message then quoted reselect and replied to him below.

I don't know much about the structure of this forum, and the quotes I use are a mess.
    Daevien, thank you again, you are the member here who is friendly to me.

Thanked by (1)Daevien
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@aiexo said:

@Daevien said:

@aiexo said:

I don't know much about the structure of this forum, and the quotes I use are a mess.
    Daevien, thank you again, you are the member here who is friendly to me.

Daevien is correct, I was only referring to you in the top part of my comment. I missed a "-" in the comment so it did not draw the separator line all the way across. I've corrected that now so it should be more clear.

Thanked by (1)Daevien

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

edited October 2022

Thought about this a lot, the only real solution: I added a disclaimer to custom specials. I realized no matter what we do there will probably be certain specific configurations in certain regions that could end up causing trouble if ordered in mass quantities. For example if 8GB RAM and not much else becomes the "go-to" in ... let's say Amsterdam, then obviously that specific location may run into problems for that very specific configuration while others (such as 256MB RAM, but high everything else) become naturally more possible (so it's not necessarily that a location just goes "out of stock" as it usually would.)

So basically we'll monitor it and may end up having periods of manual review process/activation for them. We'll of course also have quantity limiters and spread it out over time as with the rest.

Of course it's going to be annoying if people just keep getting refunds and spamming it over and over, at that point we'll have to come up with something else but honestly I also have no problem just putting it out of stock for extended periods of time if people don't behave.

(edit) Yeah I can already see us definitely having to limit it one per account. Would be pretty cool if WHMCS had any features at all outside of adding bugs, predatory license pricing models, and jamming upsells. Maybe a multi-use coupon or conditional pricing. I'll start looking for modules I guess.

• DaevienDaevien OG
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said:
    Thought about this a lot, the only real solution: I added a disclaimer to custom specials. I realized no matter what we do there will probably be certain specific configurations in certain regions that could end up causing trouble if ordered in mass quantities. For example if 8GB RAM and not much else becomes the "go-to" in ... let's say Amsterdam, then obviously that specific location may run into problems for that very specific configuration while others (such as 256MB RAM, but high everything else) become naturally more possible (so it's not necessarily that a location just goes "out of stock" as it usually would.)

Yeah, could become an issue. If a spot has an abundance of a certain resource but was otherwise paying for itself and not suffering, offering a flash sale of 5 vps with 1.5x/2x/whatever bandwidth (or whatever there is a lot of) probably would help balance it out long as it wasn't a huge imbalance.

Though then again with migrations that could be an issue. Did it work out ok before when you did the autogenerated packages that filled resources and couldn't be migrated? or was it a disaster / workload made it not worth doing again?

So basically we'll monitor it and may end up having periods of manual review process/activation for them. We'll of course also have quantity limiters and spread it out over time as with the rest.

Of course it's going to be annoying if people just keep getting refunds and spamming it over and over, at that point we'll have to come up with something else but honestly I also have no problem just putting it out of stock for extended periods of time if people don't behave.

The thing I see happening with any manual review / delay is going to be the bitching about how long stuff takes. That being said, most of it will probably be from people that if you dig in deep enough will have skeletons in their account history. They really aren't subtle that way.

Though, it will add time to process and more work for you, which is a concern. I know though if I want a deal bad enough, a few days won't make much of a difference once the order has gotten on record anyway.

One question I've thought of before but not asked: is there a reason why you simply don't have Tokyo on a different formula form other locations? I know it would be more work than running one formula, but couldn't it also be less work than dealing with all the crazy things you do for that location anyway?

As far as the spamming of refunds and stuff, add it to the TOS/AUP as a clause and if someone abuses it, you bonk them over the head with it and tell them to stop or you will use the clause and they get nothing but a free ban.

Edit:

(edit) Yeah I can already see us definitely having to limit it one per account. Would be pretty cool if WHMCS had any features at all outside of adding bugs, predatory license pricing models, and jamming upsells. Maybe a multi-use coupon or conditional pricing. I'll start looking for modules I guess.

One of the maxed out ones or one generated special through the tool total?

• LET MVP of the day: @angstrom 👏

Thanked by (2)FrankZ angstrom
This discussion has been closed.