[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @VirMach said: Yeah I can already see us definitely having to limit it one per account

Surely you are then encouraging (what you don't want) people to create multiple accounts just to get multiple deals.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @msatt said:

@VirMach said: Yeah I can already see us definitely having to limit it one per account

Surely you are then encouraging (what you don't want) people to create multiple accounts just to get multiple deals.

Agreed, might be an issue there. As much as I love the idea it might not be the best plan to let people make their own specials. I feel like it'll just boost the account resellers.

• @fluttershy said: Agreed, might be an issue there. As much as I love the idea it might not be the best plan to let people make their own specials. I feel like it'll just boost the account resellers.

Yes, sounds preferable to keep it as simple as possible. Re multiple accounts, is SMS confirmation useless for this sort of thing?

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

@willie said: Yes, sounds preferable to keep it as simple as possible. Re multiple accounts, is SMS confirmation useless for this sort of thing?

Getting code via SMS in Russia (one time only, you know like captcha) costs like 1 RUB - 0.016 USD.
    You think this is a barier? :D

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Free Ryzen migrations have been disabled. We might add a button for migration with data back to original location (if you were moved away from where you originally were) but it seems like most people already created tickets about these, unless a bunch of people are waiting until button is released.

All broken VMs from re-installs mid-disk issue and all people who still have operating systems going into kernel panic will all be moved into SJCZB004B which will be used as a staging area, we'll email everyone and basically when they're ready to use their service they can move out (we may re-enable Ryzen button just for these and instruct in the email to basically just use the button when they're ready to deploy since they already have no OS or a broken OS.)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said: Free Ryzen migrations have been disabled.

aarghhhhhhh such disappointment, much wailing, and gnashing of teeth. /j

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint yoursunny

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited October 2022

^ LOL, with acquired phrase. :D

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• edited October 2022

Did you have any time to have a look at paid migrations waiting for action :#

• So paid Ryzen migration will be enabled? Maybe paid service transfer in near shedule?

@tridinebandim said:

Did you have any time to have a look at paid migrations waiting for action :#

Went through a lot of tickets today, unfortunately everything isn't going perfectly in terms of the emergency maintenance and a few other things so not as much as I had hoped, still a huge dent. Also almost done going through and fixing every single VM with broken disk per above (SJCZ004B move) and migration LAXA014 and crediting those people with a 6 month service extension for having to put up with that @codelock you might be interested, still not done but going full speed over half done last several hours.

@cgs3238 said:
    So paid Ryzen migration will be enabled? Maybe paid service transfer in near shedule?

No change to paid migration so yes it stays. And we'll try to add in giving people basically a free one if they might have been affected by an unwanted location change.

Transfer button was pretty much done last I checked Friday, so very likely it'll be released today.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited October 2022

damn now im stuck in tokyo!

👹

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

edited October 2022

Next up after those things is IPv6 all day with our developer to give it a last chance to try to semi-automate it but since it's the weekend it means for certain locations we'll have to wait on the DC network engineer.

And trying my best to make rDNS a thing on SolusVM by Monday, depends on how long delegation takes, they don't work over the weekend.

So hopefully by end of day if I can power through it, we'll be somewhere around:

All tickets Half tickets
    Set up nameserver/delegation
    IPv6 Half IPv6
    Ship out servers and parts
    Migrate LAXA014
    Recreate broken disks

(edit) Also please don't think I'm not going to focus on backup restorations or the dedicated servers) that are still waiting and other edge cases we completely missed, it's just considered part of "tickets" in the list. And of course we'll pick off the most important first where possible.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint tototo FrankZ
  • I cant wait for V6, maybe I won't have to tunnel anymore!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    So hopefully by end of day

the free delights are served.

• @VirMach said:
    Next up after those things is IPv6 all day with our developer to give it a last chance to try to semi-automate it but since it's the weekend it means for certain locations we'll have to wait on the DC network engineer.

And trying my best to make rDNS a thing on SolusVM by Monday, depends on how long delegation takes, they don't work over the weekend.

So hopefully by end of day if I can power through it, we'll be somewhere around:

All tickets Half tickets
    Set up nameserver/delegation
    IPv6 Half IPv6
    Ship out servers and parts
    Migrate LAXA014
    Recreate broken disks

Crazy hard working.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @HarveyLee said:

@Jab said:

@HarveyLee said: I'm living in China,it seems I'm not suspended due to use of proxy to access my virmach account,even there's other coworkers within the same proxy server.

You think it's only because of proxy? :D

So you bought your account from scalper and your current info is something along

abdabn hadjhdjha
    ahjdhjahjdahjhjdhjahjdhja
    Street ajhdjhajhdahjd 1575
    Pensylvania 158751
    USA

right?

LOL
    And I recalled one of my coworkers helped to setup my account.

@VirMach
    Please View Ticket #945297
    My former coworker gave me his account.

• @VirMach got the machine with the help of your guide, thanks!

Just curious if this normal for the Tokyo machine. Seems like pretty low compared to everything I've seen and my other virmach machines I have.

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 326 Mbits/sec   | 132 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy           
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 260 Mbits/sec   | busy           
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 296 Mbits/sec   | 167 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 459 Mbits/sec   | 179 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 619 Mbits/sec   | 205 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 660 Mbits/sec   | 243 Mbits/sec  

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 304 Mbits/sec   | 203 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 299 Mbits/sec   | 181 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 323 Mbits/sec   | 250 Mbits/sec  
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 328 Mbits/sec   | 218 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 472 Mbits/sec   | 228 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 374 Mbits/sec   | 165 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 427 Mbits/sec   | 207 Mbits/sec  

Team push-ups!

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@HarveyLee said:

@HarveyLee said:

@Jab said:

@HarveyLee said: I'm living in China,it seems I'm not suspended due to use of proxy to access my virmach account,even there's other coworkers within the same proxy server.

You think it's only because of proxy? :D

So you bought your account from scalper and your current info is something along

abdabn hadjhdjha
    ahjdhjahjdahjhjdhjahjdhja
    Street ajhdjhajhdahjd 1575
    Pensylvania 158751
    USA

right?

LOL
    And I recalled one of my coworkers helped to setup my account.

VirMach
    Please View Ticket #945297
    My former coworker gave me his account.

Hello and thanks for contacting LowEndSupport!

Thank you for reaching out to us with your problem. I would like to inform you that we have kept your case on high priority, and our abuse team is working diligently to formulate a proper response to this issue at the earliest possible date.
    However, given the nature of the issue, we have no current estimate as to when this will be resolved.
    We are working tirelessly to get this resolved quickly, and we appreciate your patience.
    We will surely keep you posted on any further updates.
    In case you have any further questions or need assistance with something else, do let me know.

Regards,

Thanked by (2)Astro tototo

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@Astro said: Just curious if this normal for the Tokyo machine. Seems like pretty low compared to everything I've seen and my other virmach machines I have.

Seems I remember VirMach saying Tokyo has a lot more VPN traffic and network load than most other locations.
    What node are you on ?

For comparison:

TYOC029

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 573 Mbits/sec   | 72.8 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 182 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 547 Mbits/sec   | 404 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 589 Mbits/sec   | 160 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 3.38 Mbits/sec  | 179 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 695 Mbits/sec   | 213 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 663 Mbits/sec   | 284 Mbits/sec

TYOC039

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 546 Mbits/sec   | 136 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 665 Mbits/sec   | 218 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 592 Mbits/sec   | 393 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 723 Mbits/sec   | 227 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 760 Mbits/sec   | 249 Mbits/sec

• About that auto suspension thing, does that mean I can't use any VPN beside my home connection when visiting client area?

@VirMach

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@Fritz said: About that auto suspension thing, does that mean I can't use any VPN beside my home connection when visiting client area?

My understanding based on previous VirMach comments, is that using a VPN to access the client area will not in itself get you suspended. I've used a VPN many times to access the client area over the years and have never had a problem.

Thanked by (2)skorous ariq01

@Astro said:
    @VirMach got the machine with the help of your guide, thanks!

Just curious if this normal for the Tokyo machine. Seems like pretty low compared to everything I've seen and my other virmach machines I have.

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 326 Mbits/sec   | 132 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy           
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 260 Mbits/sec   | busy           
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 296 Mbits/sec   | 167 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 459 Mbits/sec   | 179 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 619 Mbits/sec   | 205 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 660 Mbits/sec   | 243 Mbits/sec  

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 304 Mbits/sec   | 203 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 299 Mbits/sec   | 181 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 323 Mbits/sec   | 250 Mbits/sec  
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 328 Mbits/sec   | 218 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 472 Mbits/sec   | 228 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 374 Mbits/sec   | 165 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 427 Mbits/sec   | 207 Mbits/sec  

I mean seeing as the closest location on the test appears to be Los Angeles, and it's the weekend, looks pretty normal.

• edited October 2022

thanks.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@Astro said:
    @FrankZ seems like the VPN traffic is to blame. Wonder why Tokyo is so hot as a location choice to route traffic.

Can't say for sure, but I expect because it is close to China.

(Time Warp)

• @VirMach makes sense! Thanks for the quick guide. The entire core is a welcome addition.

@FrankZ seems like the VPN traffic is to blame. Wonder why Tokyo is so hot as a location choice to route traffic.

Team push-ups!

• @Astro said: Wonder why Tokyo is so hot as a location choice to route traffic.

Outside the GFW while still having good connectivity to China.

• Hey @VirMach - any recent issue with SJ dedis? Mine went offline in the last few hours. Rebooting it in the control panel didn't help and I don't see anything posted on the server status page.

• @rpollestad said:
    Hey @VirMach - any recent issue with SJ dedis? Mine went offline in the last few hours. Rebooting it in the control panel didn't help and I don't see anything posted on the server status page.

Not just you, mine seems down as well.

Thanked by (1)rpollestad
    edited October 2022

@Astro said:
    @VirMach makes sense! Thanks for the quick guide. The entire core is a welcome addition.

Just to be clear when we say things like that it's obviously just one factor. Even if it's not used as a VPN, the other primary thing ends up being that like a VPN, the use case is based on a human being there to some level more, so it heavily follows a sleeping schedule/daytime nighttime and weekend and it's heavily local traffic.

So for example, Los Angeles is both US people and Asia, so the traffic ends up being balanced.

For Tokyo, it's more like 6 to 1 ratio for dayime peak and nighttime. So the time of day and the day (like weekend, people stay up longer and use it more in general) you perform the test will matter a lot.

@rpollestad said:
    Hey @VirMach - any recent issue with SJ dedis? Mine went offline in the last few hours. Rebooting it in the control panel didn't help and I don't see anything posted on the server status page.

@bakageta said:

@rpollestad said:

Not just you, mine seems down as well.

We don't have monitors for dedicated servers. Bills for them are paid/autopay and up to date. Let me see what I can find based on reports so far. I assume probably a cabinet having problems that's used exclusively for these since we rent them and it's not our hardware/switch I'll contact Dedipath to see what's going on.

Thanked by (1)bakageta
This discussion has been closed.