[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• Boss, there's a problem with your email notification system, I can't receive the renewal email.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2022

@ben said: Boss, there's a problem with your email notification system, I can't receive the renewal email.

If I am correct VirMach is sending outbound mail via Mailgun. So your receiving service may be the one who is blocking them.
    I got my last renewal notice 2 days ago without issue. Just saying.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@Encoders said: so i guess I should wait from someone in the root server side.
    also, Is it a good idea to attempt using Rescue mode? (since i can access the solusvm) ?

I expect the node is down, or overloading. I would wait on doing anything further because sometimes when it is like this if you do too much you will break things and make it worst. It does look like TYOC034 is having an issue from looking at https://status.virm.ac/ ping time is ~594 ms where it should be ~10ms. It's not down but it is probably overloading.

It seems the node is overloading, I see the load average is nearly 500.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • There does appear to be something odd in the payment system. I deposited funds and it errored out although it did credit me properly. When I used those credits to Pay All it errored out again but this time only credited one of the two invoices while deducting the money for both. >:(

• @windytime said:

@FrankZ said:

@Encoders said: so i guess I should wait from someone in the root server side.
    also, Is it a good idea to attempt using Rescue mode? (since i can access the solusvm) ?

I expect the node is down, or overloading. I would wait on doing anything further because sometimes when it is like this if you do too much you will break things and make it worst. It does look like TYOC034 is having an issue from looking at https://status.virm.ac/ ping time is ~594 ms where it should be ~10ms. It's not down but it is probably overloading.

It seems the node is overloading, I see the load average is nearly 500.

so that number is load average. wtf now it's on ~700 status.virm~c72bc, and the network sometimes shows 1.2gbps~700mbps, what could possibly happening?

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@windytime said: It seems the node is overloading, I see the load average is nearly 500.

Thanks, I learned today that I was mis-reading that VirMach status chart.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Poor pronunciation by native English speakers doesn't help either.

This video always makes me laugh

Thanked by (2)FrankZ chimichurri

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@FrankZ said: PITA

The closer the fluency, the worse it gets. ;) :o
    (English is a PITA language, though perhaps not the worst. Poor pronunciation by native English speakers doesn't help either.)

Lock @AlwaysSkint and Ali G indahouse.

• @MS said: Ali G

No human involved, then. :|

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• edited November 2022

Two entries for TPAZ002.VIRM.AC : one alive, t'other dead as a can o' spam.

TYOC034.VIRM.AC appears to have the same "muthas" screwing up LAXA029.VIRM.AC
    Lemme guess what the origins/commonality might be.

What's the spec. on these nodes, with respect to vCPU; 32 or thereabouts, so a Load of around 20 is nothing to be concerned about. :/ Note that Load can be affected drastically by I/O issues.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Since my TYOC040 VPS's IP is blocked by GFW, I've submitted a ticket and pay $5 to change my IP. But it shows the IP change cannot be finished and I may try again.
    It just stay stucked. I've reply the ticket to reopen it. So far there is no resonpse. I am wondering if there is no avaliable IP to change in Tokyo region?

• oh it seems Overloading has been announced in network status, that's great. just gotta sit and wait

going to need replacement soon on tokyo or generally jp region. 18hr downtime is too risky for my taste

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• Please help me with my service list.#936373

• @VirMach Something wrong happened with your paypal payment gateway:

Oops!
    Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
    Please go back to the previous page and try again.

The paypal account is on file with preapproved payment, the invoice got paid after all but the error message could be misleading.

• @fan said:
    @VirMach Something wrong happened with your paypal payment gateway:

Same for credit card payments

• As always I recognize the craziness in other areas but I have to ask, any updates on IPMI for the dedi's? Apparently an update went poorly last night and my server didn't come back from the reboot. Since I can only have one ticket open at a time, I'm currently in the unenviable position of deciding between fixing some money that disappeared when paying an invoice or my server back online.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @skorous said: Since I can only have one ticket open at a time

huh?
    That is new. Did you abuse support so they limited you to one ticket only?
    On serious note: Just open new one (-:

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

@skorous said: Since I can only have one ticket open at a time

huh?
    That is new. Did you abuse support so they limited you to one ticket only?
    On serious note: Just open new one (-:

Maybe I'm just the only person who actually reads the screen. ;-)

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint bakageta
  • @skorous said: who actually reads the screen. ;-)

You sure you read it? B)

single ticket open for a single issue.

single issue.

• @Jab said:

@skorous said: who actually reads the screen. ;-)

You sure you read it? B)

single ticket open for a single issue.

single issue.

Yeah, meaning don't open one ticket for multiple issues. You still only get one ticket though.

• ^ This is not how I understand it, but feel free to wait :D
    I can't imagine people having 30+ services are allowed to only open one ticket :D

Anyway VirMach why you messing up with WHMCS, login form was on clientarea.php now it's on index.php?rp=/login and my autofill from password manager is not working (-:
    On serious note: What changed? What new features with have now?! :P

• skorousskorous OG
    edited November 2022

@Jab said: ^ This is not how I understand it, but feel free to wait :D
    I can't imagine people having 30+ services are allowed to only open one ticket :D

Doesn't it fit with the fact that people with multiple tickets kept (keep?) getting them merged into a single ticket? I can see your interpretation that it's a prohibition against multiple tickets for the same issue but that doesn't seem to fit the available evidence.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint bakageta
  • @Jab said:

This is why you should only purchase one server from each provider.
    There are enough providers for you to sign up.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited November 2022

@skorous said:

@Jab said: ^ This is not how I understand it, but feel free to wait :D

Doesn't it fit with the fact that people with multiple tickets kept (keep?) getting them merged into a single ticket? I can see your interpretation that it's a prohibition against multiple tickets for the same issue but that doesn't seem to fit the available evidence.

Yeah, someone on OGF just complained about 2 tickets being merged, and it does pretty clearly say one per account/household. I read it the same as you, pick one issue at a time to deal with.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint skorous FrankZ
  • Fuck. I forgot to renew a server and it's been terminated.

• edited November 2022

@imok said: Fuck. I forgot to renew a server and it's been terminated.

specs and fee? to better empathy

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@yoursunny said:

@Jab said:

This is why you should only purchase one server from each provider.
    There are enough providers for you to sign up.

Right now, not always, but right now, even if you have 30 services it's still best to have one ticket because how we're handling it (again, right now, not always) is addressing all of them at once per person. And you can always close the old ticket and open a new one and describe all issues together.

Once we go back to normal then of course one ticket per issue makes more sense. People have their own preferences, there will always be those who want to do it one way or the other. We do have a project for making this all more clear and actually preventing it from being done one way or the other if we decide to streamline it.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@imok said:
    Fuck. I forgot to renew a server and it's been terminated.

A lot of this has been happening, I'm going to be sending out an email soon to remind people to renew early, as well as a few other things. I've been holding it off so I can include other relevant information as I don't like sending out a bunch of unnecessary emails.

It'll basically cover as much of the following as are ready by the time it's sent out:

• BF 2022 questions/sale
    • Wrapping everything up, requesting missing IPs, rDNS
    • Reminder to renew specials and that we can't do anything about if you forget
    • Transfer feature highlight and reminder not to trade accounts unofficially
    • Letting people know about LES
  • @VirMach said:
    Right now, not always, but right now, even if you have 30 services it's still best to have one ticket because how we're handling it (again, right now, not always) is addressing all of them at once per person. And you can always close the old ticket and open a new one and describe all issues together.

I don't quite have 30 but I'm up there. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the current approach, but then, I haven't needed to open two at the same time recently, and if it's what you have to do to actually keep up with the ticket load, then I can live with it. I'm all for anything that keeps things running smoothly, and I can chalk it up to the limited support that we've been warned about with specials since forever.

Thanked by (1)lemoncube
  • JabJab
    edited November 2022

Yeah, telling people to post one big ticket and 2 weeks later changing rules again to 1 ticket 1 issue? Changing rule like every 5 minutes? :D
    I think I've seen it somewhere... oh, Elon, is that you!?

What is the status of IPv6 btw.? I think I've tried today a reconfigure network on FFFME04, but IPv6 was still not working.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny lemoncube

This discussion has been closed.