[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @fan said:
    @VirMach Something wrong happened with your paypal payment gateway:

Oops!
    Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
    Please go back to the previous page and try again.

The paypal account is on file with preapproved payment, the invoice got paid after all but the error message could be misleading.

That's just whmcs being whmcs 😆

• Please help me with my service list.#402898
    I want to change the ip, prompting me that I can't change it.

• hi virmach
    I have two accounts one for personal, the other for company. I wonder I should continue to use these accounts or not because ticket without reply for long time.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2022

@jeenzhuang said:
    Please help me with my service list.#936373

Hello @jeenzhuang,
    Thank you for contacting LowEndSupport.

Thank you for your patience. I've checked your issue with our Senior Expert Cloud Engineer Evangelist Solution Architects who came up with the following proposal:

Please open SolusVM by pressing the button "VPS Control Panel" as shown in the screenshot below:

Then pick the server you're encountering the issue with and press "Manage":

Then, pick any of the templates marked as "Ryzen Compatible" and press "Reinstall". You new root password will be shown in the green box. Make sure to wait at least for 10 minutes before you try connecting to your VPS to make sure that the OS installation is complete.

Please let me know the result and make sure to reach out again if you're still having issues using your service.
    Regards,
    LowEndSupport

---

@jeenzhuang said: Please help me with my service list.#402898
    I want to change the ip, prompting me that I can't change it.

Hello @jeenzhuang,
    Thank you for contacting LowEndSupport again. We'll happily attempt to assist you with your issue!

Prior to providing you an answer, I would request you to provide me some screenshots to better understand the issue you're experiencing?
    Please also include the node your service is hosted on. It is shown here:

Additionally, have you changed the IP previously on this VM? If so when ?
    I am extremely sorry for the problems you’ve been facing with your service.
    Regards,
    LowEndSupport

NOTE: Your support request comments have been merged to assist us with providing you the best possible support experience.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Jab said: Yeah, telling people to post one big ticket and 2 weeks later changing rules again to 1 ticket 1 issue? Changing rule like every 5 minutes?

I think I've seen it somewhere... oh, Elon, is that you!?

It's funny you bring up Elon because I agree with you but I don't think it's a negative nor is it really a rule. You can do it both ways, just right now they're being merged and later they might not be merged and if you create a ticket asking for 5 completely different things on different services then it might be split up.

What you're describing is a lack of bureaucratic structure leading to more flexibility and control. For example, the local restaurant was probably first to react to making some COVID adjustments versus a big chain and yes that probably meant it wasn't a perfect and permanent plan, and now local restaurants quickly changed back to "normal" while those big chains are still doing things such as putting a seal/tape on your drinks (just an example from Los Angeles, I obviously don't know what they're doing in other markets.)

@Jab said: What is the status of IPv6 btw.? I think I've tried today a reconfigure network on FFFME04, but IPv6 was still not working.

I've been trying to get to it. Would you like me to be Elon and do it as soon as possible or preserve normalcy and add it to an official roadmap? :D

• @lemoncube said:
    @VirMach I did a masspayment with two invoices combined while only one of them was marked paid. Should I just wait a bit longer or a ticket is necessary?

This seems repeatable as I've just seen some else bumping into the exact issue.
    Don't use Mass payment or Pay all feature
    @VirMach Please investigate this to avoid more tickets.

• @VirMach any plan for TYO storage? My order March still hasn’t activated . Said would activated after several weeks…

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2022

@VirMach - FYI OP requests over/double payment be credited to account credit.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited November 2022

@FrankZ said:

Hello @jeenzhuang,
    Thank you for contacting LowEndSupport again. We'll happily attempt to assist you with your issue!

Prior to providing you an answer, I would request you to provide me some screenshots to better understand the issue you're experiencing?
    Please also include the node your service is hosted on. It is shown here:

Additionally, have you changed the IP previously on this VM? If so when ?
    I am extremely sorry for the problems you’ve been facing with your service.
    Regards,
    LowEndSupport

NOTE: Your support request comments have been merged to assist us with providing you the best possible support experience.

My node:RYZE.TYO-C031.VMS
    I want to change my vps ip, but I can't change it successfully in the control panel.I want to change to GFW IP.

Thanked by (1)tototo
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2022

@jeenzhuang said:
    My node:RYZE.TYO-C031.VMS
    I want to change my vps ip, but I can't change it successfully in the control panel.I want to change to GFW IP.

Hello @jeenzhuang,
    Thank you for contacting LowEndSupport again.

Please note that any payment made for IP changes is non refundable and there is no guarantee that the new IP assigned to your VM will not also be blocked by the GFW, as VirMach does not have any control over the IPs blocked by the GFW.

Thank you for providing the node number your VPS is provisioned on.
    Additionally, have you changed the IP previously on this VPS?
    If so when did you do this ?

Regards,
    LowEndSupport

NOTE FOR VIRMACH: I will split this LE support comment chain off the main thread once @jeenzhuang has provided enough information for you to see/resolve any issue that is outstanding.

EDIT: Since VirMach has already answered this below, I expect splitting it off would just confuse things.

• @FrankZ said: LowEndSupport

Wow, Virmach's low-end help desk has been migrated to there too!

@FrankZ said: Please note that any payment made for IP changes is non refundable and there is no guarantee that the new IP assigned to your VM will not also be blocked by the GFW

There's a 5$ button for GFW block IP change. So what's the point in that 2 extra buck if no guarantee?

smartass shitposting satirist

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2022

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@FrankZ said: Please note that any payment made for IP changes is non refundable and there is no guarantee that the new IP assigned to your VM will not also be blocked by the GFW

There's a 5$ button for GFW block IP change. So what's the point in that 2 extra buck if no guarantee?

The $5 option is for custom requirements. Using this option, you can request an IP that is currently not blocked by GFW, but that does not mean it will stay unblocked for any particular length of time. That is what I was speaking to in the quote above.

I do not see any where an option "GFW block IP change". Correct me if anyone sees something different, as I have been wrong before.

• smartass shitposting satirist

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2022

Cool, I don't have that on any of my Tokyo VPS. Is your billing address in China?
    If you are seeing the same thing in the billing panel as @jeenzhuang could you help him get his IP switched out ?

• edited November 2022

@FrankZ said: If you are seeing the same thing in the billing panel as @jeenzhuang could you help him get his IP switched out ?

Pay the bill, wait approximately a week for the IP get manually changed only if you are lucky

Otherwise, fire a ticket to remind Virmach or @ him at LES

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@FrankZ said: If you are seeing the same thing in the billing panel as @jeenzhuang could you help him get his IP switched out ?

Pay the bill, wait approximately a week for the IP get manually changed only if you are lucky

@Flying_Chinaman - Good advise, but read what he says in the quote below. Why do you think it would say he can't change it?

@jeenzhuang said:
    Please help me with my service list.#402898
    I want to change the ip, prompting me that I can't change it

@cgs3238 said:
    @VirMach any plan for TYO storage? My order March still hasn’t activated . Said would activated after several weeks…

We're deciding of an efficient way to handle these at this point, either refund or activate in another location. Problem is if we refund, a lot of people would have wanted to be activated in another location, and if we activate in another location then let people contact us to cancel for a refund, a lot of people will be confused.

So probably something in between both. You can request a refund at any time though still, we've been processing those requests since then.

@FrankZ said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@Flying_Chinaman - Good advise, but read what he says in the quote below. Why do you think it would say he can't change it?

@jeenzhuang said:

We were supposed to roll out a change where it gives a more clear reason but I'm guessing it didn't go through yet, I'll speak with developer. Most common reason though, probably 99% of them are people in Tokyo spamming the change button like 10-20 times when it's just out of IPs.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@lemoncube said:

@lemoncube said:
    @VirMach I did a masspayment with two invoices combined while only one of them was marked paid. Should I just wait a bit longer or a ticket is necessary?

This seems repeatable as I've just seen some else bumping into the exact issue.
    Don't use Mass payment or Pay all feature
    @VirMach Please investigate this to avoid more tickets.

A lot of things like that are recently broken on and off, I'm still going through and replicating them so I'll add this to the audit so we can fix it. I've already been looking into it and tickets that roll in but seems fairly recent.

Thanked by (1)lemoncube
    edited November 2022

@Flying_Chinaman said: There's a 5$ button for GFW block IP change. So what's the point in that 2 extra buck if no guarantee?

@FrankZ said: Cool, I don't have that on any of my Tokyo VPS. Is your billing address in China?
    If you are seeing the same thing in the billing panel as @jeenzhuang could you help him get his IP switched out ?

He's definitely not speaking of anything presented BEFORE the change, it comes after the request, as in the system says something along the lines of "sorry, it didn't work, here's an auto refund to credit." And also it should ask them to reply back to the request if there's continued problems. Now either this is a potential issue on our end if we for example are auto closing these because then the message makes no sense in that regard but usually what happens is someone instead makes another ticket after trying like a dozen times.

GFW change option is just a reskinned custom change, that identifies it quickly as a custom request since a lot of people a long time ago would use custom change and then not specify GFW requirement. At some point it'd do an auto change and then customers would reply back if it didn't immediately fit their requirements but I think later we changed it not to auto change because it confused some people, I believe we did change it back later once people got the hang of how it worked.

The extra $2 is padding in case the auto change doesn't work and it requires additional manual changes, so instead of $3 and then $5 if it doesn't work for a fully manual and custom change, it's rolled into one. It works out to be the same amount of work per dollar since we save time now on the auto changes.

What it isn't is a "guarantee" that it will work forever. So if you get a change, it doesn't work immediately, then it's up to you to reply and have us check. I do believe the auto message does tell you to reply back in that case.

A lot of people try to be "smart" and reply back like 4 months later and then say it didn't work, perhaps the reason they do it is a few of them slipped by like that so they just give it a try. It's not something we've addressed really with everything else going on outside of just not honoring such a request if it gets identified as one of those attempts.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@chris said:

@fan said:
    @VirMach Something wrong happened with your paypal payment gateway:

Oops!
    Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
    Please go back to the previous page and try again.

The paypal account is on file with preapproved payment, the invoice got paid after all but the error message could be misleading.

That's just whmcs being whmcs 😆

It's pretty funny, right now two of our four providers, and not necessarily using WHMCS, have a similar problem. I've brought it up to them and they haven't fixed it for months, so it might maybe be a weird PayPal API being PayPal API issue instead. In any case it makes me feel less worse that we're also facing this problem versus if it was just us because it means with a team of dozens of people and several months head start they haven't cared to fix it either. Except we do care and are looking into it already, just going to take some time.

• edited November 2022

@VirMach said: A lot of people try to be "smart" and reply back like 4 months later and then say it didn't work, perhaps the reason they do it is a few of them slipped by like that so they just give it a try. It's not something we've addressed really with everything else going on outside of just not honoring such a request if it gets identified as one of those attempts.

LOL, nice try to out smart the fatty unstable genius

• @VirMach said:

@cgs3238 said:
    @VirMach any plan for TYO storage? My order March still hasn’t activated . Said would activated after several weeks…

We're deciding of an efficient way to handle these at this point, either refund or activate in another location. Problem is if we refund, a lot of people would have wanted to be activated in another location, and if we activate in another location then let people contact us to cancel for a refund, a lot of people will be confused.

So probably something in between both. You can request a refund at any time though still, we've been processing those requests since then.

@FrankZ said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@jeenzhuang said:

We were supposed to roll out a change where it gives a more clear reason but I'm guessing it didn't go through yet, I'll speak with developer. Most common reason though, probably 99% of them are people in Tokyo spamming the change button like 10-20 times when it's just out of IPs.

Can you help me change my ip manually? The management panel change is a failure. I have $5 in my account, which can be used to pay the expenses.

edited November 2022

Apologies in advance for not sending the email you're about to receive sooner (for Phoenix.) I didn't have a confirmation on the exact date and time until Tuesday and was going to send out the email Wednesday morning but everything has not been going so well this week and we're way behind schedule. This means it's Friday night/Saturday now and I'm just getting to it now. Definitely not what I intended.

(edit) TLDR of the email, we delayed the move initially because instead of doing PHX --> LAX, they were able to sign a deal with DigitalRealty and keep the equipment in Phoenix, except the exact date and time was up in the air until recently. Happening on Monday.

Thanked by (3)lemoncube hotsnow haynhat
  • edited November 2022

@VirMach said:
    Apologies in advance for not sending the email you're about to receive sooner (for Phoenix.) I didn't have a confirmation on the exact date and time until Tuesday and was going to send out the email Wednesday morning but everything has not been going so well this week and we're way behind schedule. This means it's Friday night/Saturday now and I'm just getting to it now. Definitely not what I intended.

(edit) TLDR of the email, we delayed the move initially because instead of doing PHX --> LAX, they were able to sign a deal with DigitalRealty and keep the equipment in Phoenix, except the exact date and time was up in the air until recently. Happening on Monday.

do you have any info about the NEW Phoenix datacenter? better have test ip, so we can check the route etc, I wonder if the route will be change, thanks.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2022

@Virmach I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to visit and help us out, even though you are crazy busy.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

what's new folks?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited November 2022

@cybertech said: what's new folks?

Nada.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:

@cgs3238 said:

Does this mean that the Tokyo-based storage will never be turned on? Will pre-sellers only have the option to get a refund or relocate?

• Copy-past of e-mail so you can get full message rather than TL;DR. VirMach posting TL;DRs rather than wall of text - must be very busy busy busy :(

Dear VirMach Customers,

On Monday, November 14th, 2022, between approximately 7AM to 11PM PST, our Phoenix servers are scheduled to be physically moved to a new datacenter. Earlier this year, Evocative (formerly named VPLS) acquired most the datacenters owned by INAP (Internap.) While the Phoenix location was not acquired, INAP has decided to close their Phoenix facility/not renew their lease on the facility.

Luckily, instead of our initial plans of merging Phoenix into Los Angeles, our datacenter partner was able to acquire new space in another Phoenix facility on short notice, so your service will remain in Phoenix. The date & time was not determined until this week. We meant to notify you on Wednesday, so we do apologize for the shorter notice in this case. We will publish the new details on our facilities and network pages on Monday as well. If you prefer to move to Los Angeles instead, we will offer a free migration. To request this optional migration, please create a ticket titled "PHX to LAX" by November 15th.

Your IP address will remain the same, and the data will remain intact, barring any rare chance of physical damage/complications. All configuration and physical network equipment will remain the same.

Thank you.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• The submitted tickets have not received a reply after waiting for half a month. I received an email saying that the account will be closed after one month. I am not requesting priority processing. I want to know if my account is closed after one month, can I still log in? , or can only contact you at LES
    @VirMach

This discussion has been closed.