[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @taizi said: hentai@home

Virmach now allows running hentai@home? I remember it was discussed earlier in this thread, and it was causing some problems on Tokyo storage.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    LIMITED OFFER
    $47.45 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    3669MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    160GB SSD (NVMe)
    16384GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited December 2022

@fan said:

@taizi said: hentai@home

Virmach now allows running hentai@home? I remember it was discussed earlier in this thread, and it was causing some problems on Tokyo storage.

the main problem is, it will abuse the disk io. Virmach asked will it improve if add SSD cache(Tokyo storage is HDD)
    But I am using NVME to run it(Ryzen Special 2536), because in my "tech stack", the local disk is for the cache, my actual file is encrypted and stored at another place.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @taizi said: But I am using NVME to run it(Ryzen Special 2536), because in my "tech stack", the local disk is for the cache, my actual file is encrypted and stored at another place.

This is interesting, I see Ryzen Special 2536 only has 50gb of storage, how much is your h@h cache size?

• @fan said:

@taizi said: But I am using NVME to run it(Ryzen Special 2536), because in my "tech stack", the local disk is for the cache, my actual file is encrypted and stored at another place.

This is interesting, I see Ryzen Special 2536 only has 50gb of storage, how much is your h@h cache size?

521 static ranges assigned(hitrate 57.9 / min)
    actual size:67G
    my cache size:9.5G
    approximate cache hit:50%-75%
    my client quality is bad, but it works.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    LIMITED OFFER
    $33.85 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    3242MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    50GB SSD (NVMe)
    5120GB MONTHLY DATA
    ATLANTA, GA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @taizi said: it works.

That hitrate is impressive, my client has ~600gb cache and 3200 static ranges, but only has 72.8 / min hitrate.

• @fan said:

@taizi said: it works.

That hitrate is impressive, my client has ~600gb cache and 3200 static ranges, but only has 72.8 / min hitrate.

I bet your client isn't in Asia, only Asia has so much traffic.
    I used to have a client host in pulsedmedia,5000 ranges but only 60 hitrate, because it is in Europe, so the hitrate is low.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@sdsbirdman said:

@msatt said:

@FrankZ said: P.S. That is one sweet box in Frankfurt. I had almost bought one, but really did not want another VM in Atlanta and was not sure that I could migrate it. Brave souls reap rewards

Yes I knew I was taking a risk - I am in the UK and Atlanta was a bit laggy (not the server) so after sleeping on the idea I decided to ask what LES thought. The extra IP was a bonus so if lost it was no biggie.

So I now have FFME007 running Proxmox for $24

So lets hope the old virmach stability comes back and stays.

You ran Proxmox on a KVM? how is the performance?

I thought it is supposed to be on bare metal only.

I run nested KVM on some bigger KVM to isolate some stuff that needs to run on older O/S that I don't want exposed to the world.
    Runs almost as fast as the base KVM if you set it up correctly.

@fan said:

@taizi said: hentai@home

I really thought H@H was against VirMach's TOS. Now I am going to have to go and double check.
    I would guess if it did not set off the abuse scripts you could get away with it on NVMe, but I expect you are living dangerously.
    I'll be back in ~ an hour after reading the whole TOS again.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @taizi said:

@dgc1980 said:

@taizi said: 30T+ TRANSFER

I honestly doubt you'll get any 30TB bandwidth VPS cheap in Japan, even if you migrate the specs will be modified to match the market price.

actually, I can't use so much bandwidth, but the problem is, I can't estimate the usage of my hentai@home service in the future.
    If there is a strict rate limitation to network port instead of suspending after bandwidth runs out, I can only need 4T full-speed bandwidth(to be honest,20M network is enough for 99% of my work), but unfortunately virmach does not provide this option atm...

if your service like hentai@home doesnt support bandwidth limitations, then you could limit your server bandwidth with wondershaper or similar

• edited December 2022

@VirMach Now which areas cannot be turned on immediately, Or which areas can be turned on immediately after buying?
    Always pending status, which hinders my purchase

• edited December 2022

@VirMach

For some unpleasant reasons, my virmach tracking channel will be closed after this flash sale.

I would like to consult your opinion, should it be kept or destroyed?

Thanked by (1)lemoncube
  • @j0rmo said:
    @VirMach

For some unpleasant reasons, my virmach tracking channel will be closed after this flash sale.

your channel helpful for me,thanks your work

• @j0rmo said:
    @VirMach

Is that you I know?

• @j0rmo said:
    @VirMach

I like your work on the rating. I doubt virmach would even care, though.

• @atomi said:

@taizi said:

@dgc1980 said:

@taizi said: 30T+ TRANSFER

I honestly doubt you'll get any 30TB bandwidth VPS cheap in Japan, even if you migrate the specs will be modified to match the market price.

actually, I can't use so much bandwidth, but the problem is, I can't estimate the usage of my hentai@home service in the future.
    If there is a strict rate limitation to network port instead of suspending after bandwidth runs out, I can only need 4T full-speed bandwidth(to be honest,20M network is enough for 99% of my work), but unfortunately virmach does not provide this option atm...

if your service like hentai@home doesnt support bandwidth limitations, then you could limit your server bandwidth with wondershaper or similar

it support, I just don't want to limit it and serve more request

• @FrankZ said: I really thought H@H was against VirMach's TOS. Now I am going to have to go and double check.
    I would guess if it did not set off the abuse scripts you could get away with it on NVMe, but I expect you are living dangerously.
    I'll be back in ~ an hour after reading the whole TOS again.

some critical issue

i. infringes on any third party’s intellectual property or publicity/privacy rights;

e-hentai is a user-shared gallery but it obeys copyright laws and DMCA

E-Hentai Galleries complies with applicable copyright law. Unfortunately, due to sheer volume it is impossible for us to verify the copyright status of every single gallery uploaded to our site, nor are we legally complied to do so. If you find that your copyright has been infringed by one of our members, please report this using the DMCA Report Form found by clicking the Report Gallery button on the gallery in question, or by emailing a list of links to the galleries in question to reports (a) e-hentai period org.

and I didn't hear any user receive any copyright strike because of running this so far.
    (even some Chinese guy host their own h@h client in China mainland, wtf?? I afraid it will make Winnie the Pooh's naughty list longer)

xi. involves mass public file storage of any kind (image hosting site, video hosting site, torrents, etc);

not for the public, only works for e-hentai. but since e-hentai is a public website, it is walk on the edge...

High I/O: Customer’s Service cannot average more than 80 IOPS within any two (2) hour period, cannot burst above 300MB/s disk write average for more than ten (10) minutes, cannot average more than 300 write operations per second for more than 1 hour, and cannot be above 20% average utilization within any six (6) hour period.

I use NVME not HDD.currently the IO usage is low.

• edited December 2022

@taizi said: e-hentai is a user-shared gallery but it obeys copyright laws and DMCA

Ya knew e-hentai servers are at Romania for a reason

Screw T&S, Flying Chinaman runs TOR, game server, torrent and whatever pentest script in a 7x24h manner

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@taizi said: e-hentai is a user-shared gallery but it obeys copyright laws and DMCA

Ya knew e-hentai servers are at Romania for a reason

Screw T&S, Flying Chinaman runs TOR, game server, torrent and whatever pentest script in a 7x24h manner

no,it host at Moldova now

• I wish I can utilize such a beast.

LIMITED OFFER
    $64.38 /yr

KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    7712MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    205GB SSD (NVMe)
    20992GB MONTHLY DATA
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @lemoncube said:
    I wish I can utilize such a beast.

LIMITED OFFER
    $64.38 /yr

KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    7712MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    205GB SSD (NVMe)
    20992GB MONTHLY DATA
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

MJJ rating 60% worthy, ya'd butter pass

• Crazy deals Jan 1 at 12:01am

• edited December 2022

@risturiz said:
    Crazy deals Jan 1 at 12:01am

YEAH

Thanked by (2)localhost FrankZ
  • What have I seen...

Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ
  • @ehab said:

YEAH

Oh my holy tits

Thanked by (1)ehab

• its one way of saying to @risturiz - u wish -

• VirMach [699] 64% - $46.34 /yr

4 vCores CPU
    3328MB RAM
    160GB Disk
    16384GB Transfer

NYC METRO, NJ
    3 IP, 1 GIGABIT

this is good for those looking for US location

• edited December 2022

@ehab said:

VirMach [699] 64% - $46.34 /yr

4 vCores CPU
    3328MB RAM
    160GB Disk
    16384GB Transfer

NYC METRO, NJ
    3 IP, 1 GIGABIT

this is good for those looking for US location

Won't bite the bait unless more than 95% worthy (75% for Tokyo)

• @sdsbirdman said:

@lemoncube said:
    I wasn't really sure if I should click checkout, but the hostname...

don't know if it will be provisioned.

I checked out 2 of them for 0.5 bucks. Lol another great find to match with the rest of the idlers.

oh,looks nice! but why mine was still pending?it is my first get in virmach,as is its low price. how about their reputation and service?good boy or bad girl?

• @mbk said:
    Bought 2 deals so far and both deployed in under 5 minutes.

Damn... I jinxed myself :#

$21 deal has been pending for more than 18 hours.

This discussion has been closed.