VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @Neoon said:

@FrankZ said:

@Neoon said:
    Fuck, that rush, now its over, have to wait another fucking year.

Magic eight ball says that VirMach will do a sale on EPYC VMs well before next BF.

HOLD! The replenishment is mid flight.

I would totally want to have a low-end server hosted on a flying plane. Just imagine a VPS with it's location constantly changing and with different routes all the time.

How are you... online?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Neoon said:

@FrankZ said:

@Neoon said:

Magic eight ball says that VirMach will do a sale on EPYC VMs well before next BF.

Thanked by (1)ehab

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @root said:

@Neoon said:

@FrankZ said:

@Neoon said:

I would totally want to have a low-end server hosted on a flying plane. Just imagine a VPS with it's location constantly changing and with different routes all the time.

Still waiting on my VPS on the moon I was promised ten years ago.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@Neoon said:

@FrankZ said:

@Neoon said:

With the current green agenda in mind, it might be doable. Solar panels on the light side of the moon, and servers established on the dark side of the moon to keep cool.

How are you... online?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@Neoon said:

@FrankZ said:

@Neoon said:

It's there. The network is just down.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @root said:

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@Neoon said:

@FrankZ said:

@Neoon said:

With the current green agenda in mind, it might be doable. Solar panels on the light side of the moon, and servers established on the dark side of the moon to keep cool.

EDIT: Problems might be on eclipses, but we can always bomb and destroy the planet which causes them.

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@Neoon said:

@FrankZ said:

@Neoon said:

Still waiting on my VPS on the moon I was promised ten years ago.> @FrankZ said:

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@Neoon said:

@FrankZ said:

@Neoon said:

It's there. The network is just down.

Musk fucks me again. Beginning to think that guy has a problem with me.

@root destroying entire planets sounds like fun.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ehab

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @yoursunny said:
    MJJ's tutorial of gifting $10 to VirmAche boss

迁移日本:(慎重请勿尝试)
    https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=666666&migration=Without%20Data&to=Tokyo&locid=1379
    把666666换成你的机器id即可。
    登录后再打开这个网址。
    提示success后返回刷新支付生成的账单即可。

注意剩余空间不足导致迁移失败扣13刀会只退3刀到账户余额。
    只确保教程能够正确生成工单和账单,反正我亏了39刀。
    赌狗们非要试的请在日本区有库存的时候再做尝试。

Migration to Japan: (caution don't try)
    https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=666666&migration=Without%20Data&to=Tokyo&locid=1379
    Substitute 666666 with your chicken id.
    Open the link after login.
    When it says success, go back, refresh, pay the invoice.

If migration fails due to out of stock, $13 migration fee would be taken, and only $3 would be refunded to account credits.
    The tutorial only guarantees correctly generating work order and invoice, but the author lost 39 knives.
    Gamblers should only try when Japan region has stonks.

I have many questions.
    To start: why is the migration action coded as an HTTP GET request?
    This is a violation of RFC 9110:

Request methods are considered "safe" if their defined semantics are essentially read-only; i.e., the client does not request, and does not expect, any state change on the origin server as a result of applying a safe method to a target resource.
    Likewise, reasonable use of a safe method is not expected to cause any harm, loss of property, or unusual burden on the origin server.

Of the request methods defined by this specification, the GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, and TRACE methods are defined to be safe.

Submitting a migration request is not a read-only operation, so that it should use POST method instead.

Trues is, Post won't solve this problem.

Thanked by (1)imok
  • @emengweb said:

@yoursunny said:

把666666换成你的机器id即可。
    登录后再打开这个网址。
    提示success后返回刷新支付生成的账单即可。

赌狗们非要试的请在日本区有库存的时候再做尝试。

If migration fails due to out of stock, $13 migration fee would be taken, and only $3 would be refunded to account credits.
    The tutorial only guarantees correctly generating work order and invoice, but the author lost 39 knives.

I have many questions.

Request methods are considered "safe" if their defined semantics are essentially read-only; i.e., the client does not request, and does not expect, any state change on the origin server as a result of applying a safe method to a target resource.
    Likewise, reasonable use of a safe method is not expected to cause any harm, loss of property, or unusual burden on the origin server.

Of the request methods defined by this specification, the GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, and TRACE methods are defined to be safe.

Submitting a migration request is not a read-only operation, so that it should use POST method instead.

truth is that following those steps in this post will cause you even more problems

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint yoursunny
  • edited January 2023

@atomi said:

@emengweb said:

@yoursunny said:

把666666换成你的机器id即可。
    登录后再打开这个网址。
    提示success后返回刷新支付生成的账单即可。

赌狗们非要试的请在日本区有库存的时候再做尝试。

I have many questions.

truth is that following those steps in this post will cause you even more problems

So MJJ's 10 knives go straight into Virmach's wallet

It's a win-win situation, I mean Virmach wins twice (the chicken and the migration fee)

@AuroraZero said:

Is he Wednesday's Uncle? pardon my obsession

Thanked by (1)shallow

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Neoon said:

Maybe, u dont have to wait a year, a monthaybe a week i guess, there will be another FLASH

• @FrankZ said:

@AuroraZero said: Wth did I just try to read on three days of no sleep?

The mjj are discussing how to migrate flash deals to Tokyo by compromising a poorly written aspect of VirMach's migration code.

Only partially, more mjjs resisted and warned against this kind of behavior in comments.

It's just that you can't read Chinese and easily be led astray.

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    Don't know, I always order by using the same Virmach LAX IP
    That poor guy's account is collateral damage during the scalper massacre I presume

Million dollar idea... Rent proxy to Asia people ( Virmach VPS ) on Blackfriday :-) ... Smart Chinaman

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • Is there a problem with the node CHI-Z027 ?

• edited January 2023

"CHI2Z027, Runway 27R, cleared for take off."
    "Cleared for take off, 27R, CHI2Z027."

Load: 515+.

Thanked by (1)lemoncube
  • @noisycode said:
    "CHI2Z027, Runway 27R, cleared for take off."
    "Cleared for take off, 27R, CHI2Z027."

CHI2Z027, 27R, roger that. Take off.

Thanked by (1)ariq01

How are you... online?

• @ccec said:
    Is there a problem with the node CHI-Z027 ?

Oh boi, just realised I'm on that node :/
    Down since 1h30min.

• erkerk
    edited January 2023

Is "migrating flash sales" a flaggable offense?
    I want to diversity my portfolio, I missed Miami and Denver ..

Or maybe just wait for the EPYC flash sales and hope some of them complete my tour of the US?

Thanked by (1)nutjob
  • Sorry, not went through whole thread so not sure if it is already addressed. Want to know if any one got back additional IP4 address which were taken back during Ryzen migration.

• @erk said:
    Is "migrating flash sales" a flaggable offense?
    I want to diversity my portfolio, I missed Miami and Denver ..

Or maybe just wait for the EPYC flash sales and hope some of them complete my tour of the US?

I have this question too, can you weigh in @VirMach ?

• edited January 2023

@erk said: Is "migrating flash sales" a flaggable offense?

Feel free to click the $3 panic button, Tokyo is not available though

cc @nutjob

Thanked by (1)erk

• Just for those on FFME002

Been down 30+ hours now (eventually) showing as a problem on status

Does not look promising.

New purchasers should be aware of downtime lengths (30+ hours is nothing). Buying a good value VM does have other costs.

• I plan on migrating some of mine, but not for a few weeks. MJJ's are probably selling off their accounts, causing mass migrations which will mess with the stock in some locations. I'll wait a month or so for these people to get banned which will clear up space for everyone else.

• @soulchief said: I'll wait a month or so for these people to get banned which will clear up space for everyone else.

:heart:

• edited January 2023

@soulchief said:
    I plan on migrating some of mine, but not for a few weeks. MJJ's are probably selling off their accounts, causing mass migrations which will mess with the stock in some locations. I'll wait a month or so for these people to get banned which will clear up space for everyone else.

Ya're fine if yor destination is not US west coast

Doubt there will be many MJJ retailers after the scalper massacre

PS: Actually I will migrate one of my chicken to Denver

Just wonder Virmach how to deal with MJJ's one account one chicken trick

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

[> @davi said:
    Sorry, not went through whole thread so not sure if it is already addressed. Want to know if any one got back additional IP4 address which were taken back during Ryzen migration.

Yes, I heard that @AlwaysSkint and others got their extra IPv4 back. IIRC you had to ticket, but I have tagged him and we should wait for him to chime in before ticketing so he tells us what needs to go in the ticket.

Thanked by (1)davi

• edited January 2023

@davi said: Want to know if any one got back additional IP4 address which were taken back during Ryzen migration.

Which rock have you been under? Requests for missing IPv4 was addressed months weeks ago!
    You might like to raise a Ticket with a title similar to

[Ryzen Migration] Missing additional IP addresses in WHMCS & SolusVM

Be totally clear in which original ones are missing and as much detail as possible.
    [Edit] I reviewed my Ticket..

• Original main and additional IPs
    • Node name
    • VM ID
      The old IPs were still bound to the server though,making "proof" easier.

YMMV
    Have patience! (Especially after just finished Flash sale= bad timing.)

Thanked by (2)FrankZ davi

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @FrankZ said: I have tagged him and we should wait for him to chime in..

Was finalising response, when "Ding!" ;)

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Flying_Chinaman

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach are you opening a location in Peru this year?

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@FrankZ said: I have tagged him and we should wait for him to chime in..

Was finalising response, when "Ding!" ;)

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint