• Real strong people never enable 2FA.
    They keep the password, password or ********

Thanked by (2)erk yoursunny
  • I use p4$$W0rd everywhere.

Thanked by (1)Caxen
  • @saibal said:
    I use p4$$W0rd everywhere.

I use NotAPassword

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• JP quickly++++++++++

• edited January 2023

@saibal said:
    I use p4$$W0rd everywhere.

NoCondoms

until i disable passwords

Thanked by (2)FrankZ saibal
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Encoders said:
    why is it 2FA still broken? i had to login using backup code again

I'd need more information. There's not been any thorough reports and I haven't been able to reproduce issues. We've gotten a few angry tickets here and there but it's most just someone basically providing zero information. If anyone wants to drop in a ticket and have a back and forth discussion it would be more productive.

@Jab said:
    (removed) Update: we should be contacting you today regarding your service, for the above two nodes.
    ```
    So today™ posted weeks ago turned into we won't be contacting you at all :trollface:
    // just to make sure - server is set to 0.00$ billing, it's not like it was ignored or anything :P

The background work on this was completed but stuck on a few finishing touches, courtesy of the long list of other servers having synced destruction.

Thanked by (1)Jab
  • edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

@Encoders said:

I'd need more information. There's not been any thorough reports and I haven't been able to reproduce issues. We've gotten a few angry tickets here and there but it's most just someone basically providing zero information. If anyone wants to drop in a ticket and have a back and forth discussion it would be more productive.

Same problem happened several times to my friend's account , it can be fixed with a simple refresh webpage, but I still have no idea why it happens.

• @Encoders said:

Refresh the webpage and sign in again may work.

• After a brief period online..

..TYOC036 is down again :cry:

Thanked by (1)fluttershy

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• most loved name off course.

• edited January 2023

Should I join the complaining?maybe I shouldn't be needed, and the complaining people can go from the moon to the earth hand in hand(⊙o⊙)

• @KuYeHQ said:
    Should I join the complaining?maybe I shouldn't be needed, and the complaining people can go from the moon to the earth hand in hand(⊙o⊙)

those are valentines and happy testicle days

@chimichurri said:
    After a brief period online..

..TYOC036 is down again :cry:

Thanked by (2)tarasis lesuser
  • Another stupid question ...

Where do I find the "CPU Utilization" graph in the SolusVM or in the graphs?

I am guessing the actual "CPU Utilization" is the percentage shown by 'qemu' in the Host process list, which could be substantially higher than the load-average in the Guest?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@erk said:
    Another stupid question ...

I am guessing the actual "CPU Utilization" is the percentage shown by 'qemu' in the Host process list, which could be substantially higher than the load-average in the Guest?

I don't think that a CPU graph is available is SolusVM at VirMach. Traffic and HDD graphs are there, but no CPU utilization graphs.
    I do that with my monitoring system.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@erk said:

I don't think that a CPU graph is available is SolusVM at VirMach. Traffic and HDD graphs are there, but no CPU utilization graphs.
    I do that with my monitoring system.

What do you monitor , and what threshold do you look for?

• @erk said:

I stole it and used @FrankZ bus for a clean get away

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• Thanked by (2)FrankZ imok
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@erk said: What do you monitor , and what threshold do you look for?

There are many ways to monitor CPU use from inside the VPS. You could install the "sysstat" package and run /usr/bin/vmstat -atS M and it will give you various statistics including CPU usage. Another way without installing anything is to use top with a cronjob. top -b -n [number of cpu cores on the VPS] | grep Cpu >> somefilename will accumulate CPU info in a file you can then graph by field. The CPU limit based on VirMach AUP is no more than 33% per core.

Thanked by (4)erk lemoncube Caxen huginn

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

This is a general rule of thumb I've been following going through all leftover order approvals and such, this isn't 100% but basically how it turned out to be and I'm really trying to push through all of them so I assume now's a good time to talk about it in case complaints start rolling in so at least everyone here is aware of what probably happened.

The $0.25 orders, there's still hundreds left. So far we got one $0.25 chargeback and maybe a hundred tickets from people asking for updates. Already covered but we didn't expect nearly 1,000 orders all in Tokyo with like half of them multiple accounts. I mean I guess I could say we did expect that as a possibility and it happened, so these are just being mass refunded. It's taking longer because I'm actually double flagging down a lot of people for their behavior here, like signing up for multiple accounts specifically to order a bunch of the $0.25 specials is obviously not okay and creating 3-4 tickets screaming about it is also something we're going to make sure sticks with your account in the form of a note.

Manual reviews, there's obviously a lot. It's getting progressively worse the closer it is to the last maybe 8 hours of orders as the offers got crazier and probably botted more. So generally if the system already thinks it's multiple accounts its gotten to the point where I'm not going to manually triple check it and then also check and see if you abused on your other accounts and so on if it's a small order that barely covers its own IPv4 cost. That means there's going to a lot of angry people that will come here claiming I just cancelled their cheap offers and it'll get astronomically worse as I work down to the $1.11 offer and so on. Rest assured whoever comes here complaining was at least to some level automatically flagged as multiple accounts.

For offers that are larger/cost more I spend a few minutes checking it again or just take the risk on it and accept if it looks semi-OK. What I end up checking for is if it's directly related to people who caused a lot of problem in the past, if there was mass abuse on any of the other accounts. If it's just like two accounts linked and MSRP is above the price of a coffee then it's basically OK to accept for now, maybe check later if we start seeing a bunch of other bad behavior.

I'm also going through people who made tickets about their orders, basically if you have tickets open about your order being processed, I'd say it reduces the chance of it actually getting processed by a significant amount, it moves into cancel/refund territory instead.

Sorry for everyone waiting a while who actually placed legitimate orders on a single account, behaved, and just got stuck in the muck. I keep trying to pick those out but it's basically not really possible because for every one of those there's like a dozen landmines at this point. The most recent plans sold are the ones with most provisioning errors and unfortunately I'll also get to those pretty much last. So if you ordered an offer maybe in the last hour or two of flash sale, probably 70%+ chance it's not deployed still.

• edited January 2023

Look forward, hope soon its done, and start next big thing, more like Active status of vps ;)

PS: Great...Talk about taht, I has received three of refund right now of $5 $7 $8.88, that's really quick, and happy to save some, monster is my favorite, little one can be cancel, no problem ;)

Every single $1.11 that I just got to (I don't know if it's all of them, or all the ones left over, or all the ones that didn't auto activate) were just multiple accounts and cancelled/refunded. And then probably 1/3 to 1/2 at least of basically any of the <$8 last few specials.

Maybe like 70% of the last one or two $8.88 ones. The $2.22/YR one looks relatively OK (still probably like 20-30%), I won't look into it further so either that one had more thought put into it by whoever mass bought it to not get instantly caught or those are mostly legit for whatever reason, maybe the plan had low something and didn't get caught by the group of resellers if they set certain thresholds.

I'm mass cancelling them right now for added immediate crying effect on HostLoc.

I'm sure someone will mention this and I definitely have the same idea, I want to try to actually sell/get these to people who aren't just trying to resell them but I also don't have time to plan out a raffle or anything, plus that kind of defeats the whole flash sale portion of it.

So I will say this: within the next 10 years, if someone reminds me and there's some good idea to verify like 100 active people on LES quickly and put them in a specific client group, maybe we can do an exclusive LES-only flash sale to try to give people a chance so they're not competing with like a hundred bots.

Or actually let me ask, did anyone here actually get any of the last 10-20 offers? Share some info, what's the general consensus? Was there enough for you to already grab maybe a sub $10 good deal? Or did it feel like they mass disappeared?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    Or actually let me ask, did anyone here actually get any of the last 10-20 offers? Share some info, what's the general consensus? Was there enough for you to already grab maybe a sub $10 good deal? Or did it feel like they mass disappeared?

I got a $20, $7, $6, $8.88 and $2.22 on the last day. So it was more than enough for me.
    It was a lot better than the last couple of years trying to get stuff at the end.

EDIT: The $7, $6, $8.88 and $2.22 are pending. The $20 was provisioned right away.

Thanked by (2)VirMach ZA_capetown

• I missed out on the $6.66 deal and now there's a chance I go to heaven.

I demand reparations.

• @FrankZ said:

@VirMach said:

I got a $20, $7, $6, $8.88 and $2.22 on the last day. So it was more than enough for me.
    It was a lot better than the last couple of years trying to get stuff at the end.

I got a $20 (too beefy to resist) and a $7.47 (digits really ring a bell) during the very last hours.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ