VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    Okay we got really lucky today, servers decided to cooperate. Or maybe my brain's working better today but either way, everything outside of the two nodes that have been dead for a very long time, everything's back up in a functional state. We still need to go through them thoroughly one by one and diagnose the list of problems and exact causes to prevent them from all crashing like that again. I do believe it was closely related to the number of VMs being generated for the flash sale and the accompanying simultaneous benchmarking that may have had a big part in these nodes crashing. That does mean there's an underlying problem but it also means they should be relatively stable in any case now and we have a comprehensive list of servers to look into now. Good news is we're back on track.

Other good news: tickets in backlog have been slashed in half.

I think that should be a huge indication that posting a simple sale had zero negative effect on our ability to get things done. I've maybe had to spend 10 minutes total approving some manual reviews for it and if anything the sale actually helped point out some disk issues sooner since all the priority tickets related to the sale were VMs not creating properly which made us immediately look into those nodes, whereas our alert system would have fired off a few hours later.

Pending flash deals are still being worked on by developer, he ran into some problems. To be very clear the code just decided to fully break, including creations, without any modifications so it's not exactly an easy to locate bug but hopefully we should have those completed soon as well.

I don't want to urge you. But I still want a faster boot of $24.6 vps. I need it, and I can pay more for it.

• @Flying_Chinaman said: Yo ChadGPT @ChadFranz , say anything

Yo ChadGPT tell me a joke

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@Flying_Chinaman said: Yo ChadGPT @ChadFranz , say anything

Yo ChadGPT tell me a joke

https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php
    All systems are operational.

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • HERE COMES THE BIG ONE

https://billing.virmach.com/networkissuesrss.php had a change.
    ---
    (changed)   * TYOC040
    (changed)   * DALZ008
    (changed)   * NYCB027
    (into   )   * No current new outages.
    (removed) NYCB009 (VPShared/cPanel) is continuing to have several issues. We are currently attempting to restore controls, but it still requires a kernel patch and firmware update for the RAID controller.
    (removed) 
    (removed) SEAZ010 is facing hardware issues in relation to the operating system disk. We're awaiting datacenter hands reseating the SATA cable.
    (removed) 
    (changed) Resolved / Recurring Issue
    (into   ) Resolved / Recurring Outage / Resolved but recurring (still needs to stabilize)
    (added  )   * TYOC040 - Back online
    (added  )   * NYCB027 - Back online
    (added  )   * NYCB009 - Back online
    (added  )   * SEAZ010 - Back online
    (added  )   * NYCB037 - Back online
    (added  )   * DALZ008 - Back online
    (added  ) 
    (added  ) Notes:
    (added  ) 
    (added  ) NYCB009 - This is the cPanel/WHM hosting node. It previous had issues which were thought to be resolved, and most recently experienced an extended outage. The server is back online but at a high risk of going back offline. We're updating the kernel and drivers, and may need to reboot it several times. Update: this was successful, we're still looking into further potential issues.
    (added  ) 
    (added  ) DALZ008 - The node is having issues with remote management, complicating the process to bring it back online at this time. We're trying our best to push through a request to have remote hands complete hardware maintenance before the weekend. Update: this was successful.
    (added  )

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• I added a Billing Dept. ticket a good while back, regarding double billing. Just after submitting it, I realized @VirMach also wanted me to state what/how it might have happened. But adding a comment/reply to the ticket was prohibited. Should I close the ticket and reopen one with the same info and the requested info, or judt wait? B)

• @JamesLebron said:
    The monitoring of node DAL-Z006 is normal, but the VPS under this node keeps showing offline and has not been working properly.
    It's been like this since I paid for it, it's been bad since I bought it, it's been 20 days today and it's always been bad and not working.

Please stop spamming this every day. It is not going to get you fast attention.

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • @tetech said:

@JamesLebron said:
    The monitoring of node DAL-Z006 is normal, but the VPS under this node keeps showing offline and has not been working properly.
    It's been like this since I paid for it, it's been bad since I bought it, it's been 20 days today and it's always been bad and not working.

What is spam? You tell me what is spam? What I'm talking about is the actual situation, how can it become spam?

• @JamesLebron said:

@tetech said:

@JamesLebron said:

What is spam? You tell me what is spam? What I'm talking about is the actual situation, how can it become spam?

Whatever term you want to use, repeatedly posting the same thing is obnoxious and unhelpful.

• @tetech said:

@JamesLebron said:

@tetech said:

@JamesLebron said:

Whatever term you want to use, repeatedly posting the same thing is obnoxious and unhelpful.

If I keep saying nice things, you won't be disgusted, will you?

• @JamesLebron said:

@tetech said:

@JamesLebron said:

@tetech said:

@JamesLebron said:

If I keep saying nice things, you won't be disgusted, will you?

True. This is because a positive attitude is usually more productive.

Toxicity may be productive just for the current moment, but never for long term. Keep on spamming though; you're on the right track for finding out the meaning of "end is nigh" prophecy.

How are you... online?

• edited January 2023

You are a low-end Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

• @VirMach
    Node: TYOC007

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: false
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-centos-7-x86_64-minimal-latest
    Service Status:Active

Unable to boot VM, no bootable device.

Tried: Reboot, Reinstall, Poweroff and on. No luck. Please fix. Thx.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Connor7 said:
    @VirMach

It would be helpful to add a VPS id number, other wise you are expecting VirMach to be clairvoyant.
    Also the "no bootable devise error" normally means that your VPS is broken, probably a LVM issue. Virmach will get around to fixing these type of issues automatically normally within a couple of weeks. But then again these are not normal times, so who can say how long it will take.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@Connor7 said:
    @VirMach

It would be helpful to add a VPS id number, other wise you are expecting VirMach to be clairvoyant.
    Also the "no bootable devise error" normally means that your VPS is broken, probably a LVM issue. Virmach will get around to fixing these type of issues automatically normally within a couple of weeks. But then again these are not normal times, so who can say how long it will take.

I asked many users located on this node and they all encountered the same problem. So I didn't add my VPS ID number. I hope Virmach will fix it soon ......

• @FrankZ said: It would be helpful to add a VPS id number, other wise you are expecting VirMach to be clairvoyant.

Schrödinger's cat, when you post a VPS/ticket id you may enjoy low priority waiting list, if you don't post,virmach doesn't know who you are...

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Connor7 said: I asked many users located on this node and they all encountered the same problem. So I didn't add my VPS ID number. I hope Virmach will fix it soon ......

Maintenance mode turned on, will look into it further.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@Connor7 said: I asked many users located on this node and they all encountered the same problem. So I didn't add my VPS ID number. I hope Virmach will fix it soon ......

TYO036 same failure, please fix it, thanks.

edited January 2023

@iesky said:
    @VirMach said:

TYO036 same failure, please fix it, thanks.

Not same. That one's from people re-installing.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • edited January 2023

@Connor7 said:
    @VirMach

My server is on the same node, but it works fine.

Since some nodes of virmach have a strange bug that may prevent the server from starting when a CD image is mounted, you can try the following.

1. Make sure the boot order is hard disk first

2. Check the service information page and the VPS control panel to make sure all discs are unmounted.

3. reinstall the system in the VPS control panel

Hope this helps you.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @tulipyun said:

@Connor7 said:
    @VirMach

My server is on the same node, but it works fine.

Since some nodes of virmach have a strange bug that may prevent the server from starting when a CD image is mounted, you can try the following.

1. Make sure the boot order is hard disk first

2. Check the service information page and the VPS control panel to make sure all discs are unmounted.

3. reinstall the system in the VPS control panel

Hope this helps you.

Thank you so much. But I tried it all with no luck. :'(

edited January 2023

@tulipyun said: reinstall the system in the VPS control panel

This is unfortunately what causes extended outages for some people (disk to disappear until intervention, even after it's fixed for everyone else.) If nothing was done to corrupt the OS as in no user intervention then #1 cause would be NVMe going away or running into problems, so in those cases it's best not to re-install. We have some solutions in place to detect and break controls on purpose to avoid it but that doesn't always work, we're trying to improve the code.

I know it may be habit or logical to do that as a first step if there's no important data but in this case it ends up most likely having a negative outcome.

There's no good way to communicate this because then we'd just be telling everyone to never re-install and there's no way for them to be 100% sure but again rule of thumb seems to be if it worked and randomly has disk errors, re-install can be a risk. No way for us to modify the SolusVM code to act otherwise.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • edited January 2023

Yes, we should reinstall the system without important data, I thought Connor7 never built the system.

Once the VPS is working properly, there is really no need to reinstall the system and you can avoid a lot of unnecessary hassles.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @Connor7 said:
    @VirMach

The same thing happened to me, since the day 1 my VPS is activated, still waiting with hope it will be self-fix since I cannot open a ticket, :s

• @tulipyun said: I thought Connor7 never built the system.

@VirMach said: so in those cases it's best not to re-install

Yeah I did not try to reinstall the system on my VM because another customer with the same problem did so and eventually his VM could not be booted again (offline on panel, mine is online but no bootable device).

• VirMach [1468] 1% - $222.00 /yr

2 vCores CPU
    222MB RAM
    22GB Disk
    222GB Transfer

https://billing.virmach.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=222

TOKYO, JP
    2 IP, 1 GIGABIT

[01-21 13:46] * Out of Stock *

@taizi said:
    VirMach [1468] 1% - $222.00 /yr

2 vCores CPU
    222MB RAM
    22GB Disk
    222GB Transfer

https://billing.virmach.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=222

TOKYO, JP
    2 IP, 1 GIGABIT

[01-21 13:46] * Out of Stock *

Okay awesome, let's see if this fixes the creations.

Thanked by (2)tototo FrankZ

It's not working, okay let's try one more thing.

Feel free to buy any of these flash specials by the way.

• Nice offer

@cgs3238 said:
    Nice offer

Too many people ordering, we're overwhelmed. Pre-emptive apology for starting yet another sale before answering tickets. I just can't help it.