VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@erk said:
    Ok, I feel smited by @VirMach
    I had a strange spike of bandwidth - https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/122652#Comment_122652 which led to the VPS being suspended for overbandwidth.

We do manual reviews of traffic patterns, it most likely means it matches same signature as a denial of service attack outbound, also explains why you had a "strange spike" it means you were most likely compromised and part of a botnet.

I dispute this, and offer myself to judgement of LES.

I believe that either:
    1. I have a code bug in my service, that only manifested on the German server (maybe because my logic didn't cover 10G NIC in Germany?
    2. My bandwidth was artificially high based on being migrated - possibly being migrated into a penalized IP?

Low chance of unsuspension on this one, at the very least you'd have the suspension fee assessed before you can appeal it. Resulted in large bandwidth overages for us. Obviously we won't charge you for that, but there's no point in appealing it and paying the fee to appeal and have it rejected if you provide your password and its "123456." If you did have a secure password or SSH key set, then higher likelihood of it being successful.

You did say you had multiple accounts or something though, right? That'd take your chance of appeal to 0

I appear to have been flagged, completely unfairly.
    My posting history should show that I am not an abuser.

Otherwise default is suspension/closure, $25 administration fees, per our terms of service, if we want to go that route, and the more these multi-account people continue escalating things by disregarding everything, disputing, spamming tickets, the more inclined I am to just do that.

>

I'll pay the $25 administration fee if it restores me to your good graces.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

One Two of my Pending VMs was activated today as well, renewal date was changed so I get the full year. <3
    Now only three two to go. :) (Not in a rush)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @erk said:
    1. I have a code bug in my service, that only manifested on the German server (maybe because my logic didn't cover 10G NIC in Germany?

This is starting to get fishy, you said it was an idler but now it was running something?

• @soulchief said:

@erk said:

This is starting to get fishy, you said it was an idler but now it was running something?

What good is an idler if you can't run something to monitor uptime of your idlers. I have multiple virmach vpses running a mongoose based lightweight low memory web server.

• edited January 2023

@erk said:

@soulchief said:

@erk said:

What good is an idler if you can't run something to monitor uptime of your idlers. I have multiple virmach vpses running a mongoose based lightweight low memory web server.

Your graph showed an average of 4.6 MB/s for 3 days, either your uptime script was compromised for a long time or you were doing something else.

FYI my uptime monitor runs on my idler VPS's every minute and uses .25 KB/s

• @erk said:

@VirMach said:

We do manual reviews of traffic patterns, it most likely means it matches same signature as a denial of service attack outbound, also explains why you had a "strange spike" it means you were most likely compromised and part of a botnet.

I dispute this, and offer myself to judgement of LES.

I believe that either:

How would not accounting for a 10gig NIC cause you to use so much data in so short of a time? And without you noticing?

1. My bandwidth was artificially high based on being migrated - possibly being migrated into a penalized IP?

An interesting theory at least. What day did you migrate?

Low chance of unsuspension on this one, at the very least you'd have the suspension fee assessed before you can appeal it. Resulted in large bandwidth overages for us. Obviously we won't charge you for that, but there's no point in appealing it and paying the fee to appeal and have it rejected if you provide your password and its "123456." If you did have a secure password or SSH key set, then higher likelihood of it being successful.

You did say you had multiple accounts or something though, right? That'd take your chance of appeal to 0

I appear to have been flagged, completely unfairly.
    My posting history should show that I am not an abuser.

To be fair, the percentage of people who make that claim then later admit they lied is fairly high.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited January 2023

@erk said: I dispute this, and offer myself to judgement of LES.

I believe that either:
    2. My bandwidth was artificially high based on being migrated - possibly being migrated into a penalized IP?

Was your service on FFME007?

@erk said: I appear to have been flagged, completely unfairly.

Flagged unfairly, as in you do not have two accounts/more than one?

Give me an identifier like invoice ID or something if you want to "offer yourself" for judgement here and I'll have a look and reply back with more details.

• 7 pending vps's activated today, 1 more left! Although its one of those -CREATING ones so will probably one of the last ones activated.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
  • @skorous said:

@erk said:
    I believe that either:

How would not accounting for a 10gig NIC cause you to use so much data in so short of a time? And without you noticing?

I honestly don't know - that's the only possible difference between making a mess on FFME006
    and not on SJCZ004 .

1. My bandwidth was artificially high based on being migrated - possibly being migrated into a penalized IP?

An interesting theory at least. What day did you migrate?

Migrated 2023-JAN-03

@VirMach said:

@erk said: I dispute this, and offer myself to judgement of LES.

I believe that either:

Was your service on FFME007?

FFME006

@erk said: I appear to have been flagged, completely unfairly.

Flagged unfairly, as in you do not have two accounts/more than one?

I only have one account, which has all my VPS in it.

Give me an identifier like invoice ID or something if you want to "offer yourself" for judgement here and I'll have a look and reply back with more details.

Service for which I messed up:
    action=productdetails&id=567905

migration invoice for service:
    viewinvoice.php?id=1523830

edited January 2023

@erk said: Service for which I messed up:
    action=productdetails&id=567905

migration invoice for service:
    viewinvoice.php?id=1523830

Oh okay, you're not multiple account, so you weren't flagged multi-account like you mentioned.

@erk said: Is there any way to appeal "multi-account flagging' without unduly adding to your ticket burden?

You're flagged as "advisory" which is one step worse, and it's because of the network abuse.

This part is speculation, don't take it personally: whatever it was, it also caused/triggered or at least overlapped the outage on FFME006, it also had big I/O spike as it started, so that might have knocked out the disk, then later bigger spike out traffic. It actually got miscounted on SolusVM as a result, it was higher on other graphs. Accompanied load spike. Actually the I/O spike might have been the part where network got miscalculated on SVM.

I didn't mass suspend your services because others looked fine so I left it on a list somewhere to investigate more later. As in, seemed more like one service compromised versus all of them abusing, and you've been a customer for a while so that usually indicates a mishap instead of account-wide problem. Still cancelled any pending orders just in case as a pre-emptive measure, I was waiting for your appeal and monitoring your account closely for a while since then actually, that's why I recognized it instantly.

I vaguely remember your traffic not falling in line exactly with the botnet traffic, most of those were on multi accounts in clusters, yours was just the one on your account.

So definitely do appeal the suspension and provide credentials, I basically need to check and make sure you have a secure password. The service will most likely remain suspended but as long as we don't see a second event like this one your other ones are safe. But yeah generally something to this magnitude is non-appealable. But definitely appeal it, because your account is in more trouble if you don't.

Thanked by (2)erk theloafingone

Once you appeal I'll definitely dive into this one further, so any other possibilities will be checked, don't worry. As in IP theft, the I/O portion, and so on.

Thanked by (1)erk
  • @FrankZ said:
    One Two of my Pending VMs was activated today as well, renewal date was changed so I get the full year. <3
    Now only three two to go. :) (Not in a rush)

I'm at 3 out of 3 activated today! Thanks @VirMach! Although, none of them have the renewal date changed.

Additionally, my Phoenix VPS is not able to reach the internet... is that to be expected? I loaded Debian 11 from the Control Panel, per usual, and through VNC I can make it ping the gateway, but that's as far as it can go.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • 2 out of 3 pendlers were converted to idlers today. Thanks virmach!

Thanked by (2)FrankZ VirMach

@Wonder_Woman said: I'm at 3 out of 3 activated today! Thanks @VirMach! Although, none of them have the renewal date changed.

I'm pushed them through as fast as I could and have a list to do due date adjustments staggered afterward. I was doing them 1:1 to avoid tickets but it was taking too long, I'm the bottleneck. And then I got busy dealing with the mess of MJJs and their dispute everything philosophy, they were getting too uppity.

• @VirMach said:

@Wonder_Woman said: I'm at 3 out of 3 activated today! Thanks @VirMach! Although, none of them have the renewal date changed.

I'm pushed them through as fast as I could and have a list to do due date adjustments staggered afterward. I was doing them 1:1 to avoid tickets but it was taking too long, I'm the bottleneck. And then I got busy dealing with the mess of MJJs and their dispute everything philosophy, they were getting too uppity.

Hey, no worries and no rush. I appreciate it!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • payment successful,return failed,#1523416,6.29$,thanks Refund please
    @VirMach

i need cheap vps year payment .

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said: And then I got busy dealing with the mess of MJJs and their dispute everything philosophy, they were getting too uppity.

"You were telt!" ;)

(I'm feeling uncomfortable now, in that I have 13 active services. :anguished: )

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

@Shakespeare said:
    payment successful,return failed,#1523416,6.29$,thanks Refund please
    @VirMach

Just open a 5th dispute, what's stopping you? Change of heart?

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint risturiz
  • Hi @VirMach , can you take a look at my account? I just paid the "2x returned payment" and the Invoice #1529276, need to restore the business, so please check, thank you.

@LowLevelChan said:
    Hi @VirMach , can you take a look at my account? I just paid the "2x returned payment" and the Invoice #1529276, need to restore the business, so please check, thank you.

If you want a quick fix, deposit an equivalent to all your last 6 months of PayPal payments plus processing fees using cryptocurrency. Then last 6 months of PayPal payments will be refunded, account flagged as never being able to use PayPal again.

Whatever you disputed, it's $25 processing fee plus the cost of the dispute, PayPal recently upped dispute fees to $30, I don't remember if your case charged that or not.

It's 26 suspended services, that's $650 for suspension appeals but I can unsuspend and sort them in about an hour so $650 $60 for that.

If you can't or don't want to do any of that it'll go into the queue of 169 recent PayPal payment disputes and probably processed over the next 1-3 months. I still can't guarantee I'll put everything aside to give you priority support. Consider maybe not opening a payment dispute, it's such a terrible decision to make in your case because it's not like you have one service on a throwaway account. What were you thinking?

Honestly I'd say we don't even want to do business with you, it's not cool to do something like that especially when every other person is constantly doing it for the most minor amount of money because their special didn't get activated immediately or there was some error. It gets resolved. If you don't trust us to resolve a problem related to a payment, and have to resort to a dispute why are you even trusting us and ordering services from us then?

You literally paid your own bill late, last minute, while cron was running for termination, so it allowed you to pay it in that tiny gap at the end, and you're somehow surprised that it did exactly what it was supposed to? You couldn't wait more than 8 days before opening the dispute for $11? Obviously you would have got the refund.

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

Account creates an order, showing that this user cannot create any order. What do I need to do? I want to open a $5 membership. There is a $24.6 vps on the account.I didn't issue a ticket.

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

This is my invoice.Invoice #1523165.Can you have a look?

• @VirMach said:

@LowLevelChan said:
    Hi @VirMach , can you take a look at my account? I just paid the "2x returned payment" and the Invoice #1529276, need to restore the business, so please check, thank you.

If you want a quick fix, deposit an equivalent to all your last 6 months of PayPal payments plus processing fees using cryptocurrency. Then last 6 months of PayPal payments will be refunded, account flagged as never being able to use PayPal again.

Whatever you disputed, it's $25 processing fee plus the cost of the dispute, PayPal recently upped dispute fees to $30, I don't remember if your case charged that or not.

It's 26 suspended services, that's $650 for suspension appeals but I can unsuspend and sort them in about an hour so $650 $60 for that.

If you can't or don't want to do any of that it'll go into the queue of 169 recent PayPal payment disputes and probably processed over the next 1-3 months. I still can't guarantee I'll put everything aside to give you priority support. Consider maybe not opening a payment dispute, it's such a terrible decision to make in your case because it's not like you have one service on a throwaway account. What were you thinking?

Honestly I'd say we don't even want to do business with you, it's not cool to do something like that especially when every other person is constantly doing it for the most minor amount of money because their special didn't get activated immediately or there was some error. It gets resolved. If you don't trust us to resolve a problem related to a payment, and have to resort to a dispute why are you even trusting us and ordering services from us then?

You literally paid your own bill late, last minute, while cron was running for termination, so it allowed you to pay it in that tiny gap at the end, and you're somehow surprised that it did exactly what it was supposed to? You couldn't wait more than 8 days before opening the dispute for $11? Obviously you would have got the refund.

Hi, I was never complaining about the node got terminated and lost files, I was just asking if it was there still.

If it's 60 usd in total I can pay 10 more (with 50 i paid earlier right?)

I don't use crypto and paying 650USD is a lot for a consumer who shops lowend vps.

I won't go back to paypal and ask for dispute again, but I wish to continue the services and sorry for the misunderstanding earlier.

• @taoqi said:

Wait, @ taoqi = @ LowLevelChan ...?

@tototo said:

@taoqi said:

No that's just the standard MJJ quoting a long random post instead of just scrolling down to empty reply box.

• edited January 2023

VirMach said: No that's just the standard MJJ quoting a long random post instead of just scrolling down to empty reply box.

Should be a banable offence ]:(

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:

@tototo said:

@taoqi said:

No that's just the standard MJJ quoting a long random post instead of just scrolling down to empty reply box.

Yes. Because @ did not appear. Sorry.

Thanked by (1)tototo
  • @VirMach What can I do to deal with this problem?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said:

VirMach said: No that's just the standard MJJ quoting a long random post instead of just scrolling down to empty reply box.

Should be a banable offence ]:(

Mods should clean that shit up.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add