VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

got my prorated refund in less than 30mins

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach
    I received a notification about an upcoming IP address changing (my two VPS affected). The old ones from DediPath, the new ones from "Ipxo". As You suggested, I used the "Re-configure Networking" button in the SolusVM panel. After it the new IP address appeared in the 'ifconfig' (as secondary address). The old work fine (luckily), but the new IP address looks like not response for me.

May I ask, the old IP's when will stop working, and the new addresses when will work?

Thank You for the answer, help!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@yoursunny said: @tarasis suggested me to cancel Tokyo, and I should have listened.

@Flying_Chinaman said: TOOC036 LOCKED

@yoursunny said: TYOC026: The node is currently locked.

This is coincidental timing but I just came here to let you know that the feature is now there, sadly I think you may have to wait until the node is functional to use it.

Having one button on the dialog say "Cancel" and the other say "Cancel service" might not be the clearest choice!

Thanked by (2)yoursunny chimichurri
  • @tetech said:
    Having one button on the dialog say "Cancel" and the other say "Cancel service" might not be the clearest choice!

what do you suggest ? close / continue service / close dialog

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@ehab said:

@tetech said:

"Don't cancel cancellation" and "Cancel cancellation"

Thanked by (3)ehab yoursunny tototo
  • @VirMach said:

+1 "Cancel cancellation"

• @ehab said:

@tetech said:

"I am happy with everything about VirMach"

• @tetech said:
    "I am happy with everything about VirMach"

• mannenmannen Hosting Provider

Very happy with my Ryzen server in Amsterdam so far, the 2vCPU 2.5GB RAM deal that was around $22/year.
    Will be moving some VoIP stuff there.
    Also get a 1vCPU, 3.3GB RAM deal at one of their black friday "roulettes" for $11/year and it got upgraded to AMD EPYC-ROME for free.

RIPE LIR

• edited February 2023

Atlanta abuser looks to be back. :(
    (ATLZ010)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• this needs to be changed

why not have the refund/credit button appear before the actual cancel?

• @VirMach can you please add Node name if the node is in locked state...
    this helps status follow up.
    Thanks in advance.

@ehab said:
    @VirMach can you please add Node name if the node is in locked state...
    this helps status follow up.
    Thanks in advance.

There are so many things I think are ridiculously stupid but I have no control over how they were coded. Of course we can make modification to some degree but we're diving into time waste territory. We'd have to review all the code just to try to figure out the weird way they did it because it's definitely a mess.

Yes it'd make sense for the node name to be there, or for entire page not to timeout if it can't connect to an offline node, or maybe don't say "node is locked" hardcoded without a language file that will just confuse everyone.

Thanked by (1)ehab

@ehab said:
    this needs to be changed

why not have the refund/credit button appear before the actual cancel?

It's not an immediate cancel but I can understand why it'd be nerve inducing to some, this one is done like this on purpose to simplify the logic and queries. We can't just run all the calculations and everything on every single page load and we can't possibly correctly account for every weird situation where it doesn't properly put in cancellation after refund option and so on.

• edited February 2023

What if ya're not eligible...
    I am a masochist cuz I am a Virmach user

smartass shitposting satirist

@Flying_Chinaman said:

What if ya're not eligible...
    I am a masochist cuz I am a Virmach user

you can then cancel the cancellation.

i tried on 2 services like that

• i have one in LA - locked node at 47.87.1x.1x , but don't know status from the status page.
    i will get back to this one in couple of weeks...hopefully by then migration works again.

• @VirMach Hi, I have a VM that has been Pending for 45 days, please take a look, thank you!
    Invoice #1520784

• @VirMach any news about TPAZ003.VIRM.AC ???

Ruby, JS Programmer and Linux user

• ATLZ010 is improving, over last time. :/

Downtime: 2 hr 25 min
    Noticed at: 2023-02-13 12:28:01 (UTC+00:00)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:

@dreampower said:
    Very disappointed with virmch
    My account has been in normal use, but when I sent a work order a week ago, I was prompted to prohibit sending account work orders and was locked
    The system automatically created a pending work order for account unblocking, asking me to submit evidence of my crime
    It's ridiculous, I didn't abuse vps or resell vps, why is my technical support banned, one of my vps can't connect to solusvm whmcs background and can't install the system, what do you want me to do?
    One of my Tokyo node promotions shows that it will be activated within an hour, but it has not been activated for two months
    Anyway so disappointed
    @VirMach

Would you like to prove any information for me to be able to look this up?

Hello, my account is now unable to log in normally. Click on the owner. The page does not respond and will not jump

If you need a screenshot of my payment voucher or other proof, I can provide it to you
    Please help me to solve the problem of not being able to log in
    Also, the Japanese vps I bought didn't open the problem
    I will private message you my account later

Looking forward to your help, thank you very much and wish you a happy life

• @VirMach said:
    This is coincidental timing but I just came here to let you know that the feature is now there, sadly I think you may have to wait until the node is functional to use it.

@VirMach I wish this feature could be extended to TPAZ003 node, since my VM there had only 2 weeks online, it is currently offline. I'll take that pro-rated refund right away.

• fanfan
    edited February 2023

Possible disk error/corruption on TYOC040 like 026? Just found the node was unlocked and boot disk is gone.

Update: I/O error when access the virtual disk, so reinstallation won't work.

• Lax026 is a roller coaster.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@fan said: Possible disk error/corruption on TYOC040 like 026? Just found the node was unlocked and boot disk is gone.

Not necessarily the whole disk, but your lvm is obviously knackered. Not 100% sure that it applies to your case, but I've had this happen before. Normally VirMach will automatically fix it within a ~couple of weeks. One sign that it has been fixed is that the O/S in SolusVM is blank. You will then need to reinstall.

Thanked by (1)fan

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

@fan said:
    Possible disk error/corruption on TYOC040 like 026? Just found the node was unlocked and boot disk is gone.

Update: I/O error when access the virtual disk, so reinstallation won't work.

i saw it lock at 99.9 IOwait and then down. it was good-ish for a few months and then just random crash.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• I tried to help virmach code some functions and PMed him to make a demo site once.

As I know WHCMS encrypt most of the code . You can't modify them except decode them.
    But it is a good idea that decode them all and modify code as you wish.

• edited February 2023

docker 45 is now UP
    Downtime: 27w 5d 9 hr 50 min
    Target: Server Agent
    Noticed at: 2023-02-14 13:03:51 (UTC+08:00)

docker 45 is now DOWN
    Target: Server Agent
    Noticed at: 2023-02-14 13:09:49 (UTC+08:00)
    ?????????????????????
    my colocrossing dedi resurrected??
    for 6 mins

• Sorry, your account is not eligible to create any orders.
    imagine your account even can't purchase Account Support Level

• @VirMach said:

When will Tokyo EPYC be available?

Will Tokyo Ryzen migration to EPYC be available in the future?

If I cancel Tokyo now, will I still be charged a setup fee in the future?

Thank you.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.