VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• CHI2z027 seems down?

• @taizi said:
    docker 45 is now UP
    Downtime: 27w 5d 9 hr 50 min
    Target: Server Agent
    Noticed at: 2023-02-14 13:03:51 (UTC+08:00)

docker 45 is now DOWN
    Target: Server Agent
    Noticed at: 2023-02-14 13:09:49 (UTC+08:00)
    ?????????????????????
    my colocrossing dedi resurrected??
    for 6 mins

System Uptime
    273d 12hr 3min
    so they just unplugged the network,but server still on power

• edited February 2023

@VirMach Is there anything wrong with Node PHXZ001?
    This node seems went offline and made the control panel not loading in last weekend.
    Now the control panel page loads but VPS remains offline even after trying boot/reboot from control panel.

• @VirMach Hello,my service on TYOC036 node has been offline for 51 days, can you help me deal with it?
    Invoice #1413533
    Thanks.

• @VirMach said:
    That does not mean it will be fast or guaranteed. If that bothers you, there's only one other option: we tell you we don't have it and provide a prompt reply. We don't want to do that but if you want that, that's always been the default state. You have a service, it's functional. You don't have the data because a re-install occurred. We still offered to extend the service, look for backup and restore it free of charge. Backup has not been located. Backup that did get located ran into filesystem errors and disappeared for a lot of these that are still left over. We're not just sitting here twiddling our thumbs and making you wait for no reason.

On January 21st 2023 (in addition to your posts above), you updated my Ticket (#634655) on the Virmach website, saying this:

"Due date has been extended. I'm going to do one last check over the weekend and if nothing viable is found, I'll let you know so we can close out this ticket. If it is found then we'll proceed with restoring it how you prefer: did you want it to override your service or provide credentials for it to be compressed and dumped inside the VM?"

I replied on the same day with:

"Thanks. Do you mean all folders from the old VM would zipped with a password and dumped on the current VM's C: drive? If so, then that would probably be easiest."

I haven't heard anything back from you since. Did you check for the backup? When can I expect that?

Also, needless to say, the "extension" was rather pointless as there's been no conclusion and your system has already billed me again.

• I want to know, is there any way to solve the problem of multiple accounts in the future?

• @taoqi said: I want to know, is there any way to solve the problem of multiple accounts in the future?

Yes, it's very easy to solve - just don't use multiple accounts.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint tototo saibal

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@HiEndSoul said:
    @VirMach Is there anything wrong with Node PHXZ001?
    This node seems went offline and made the control panel not loading in last weekend.
    Now the control panel page loads but VPS remains offline even after trying boot/reboot from control panel.

My VM on node PHXZ001 is working fine, so I expect it is not a node issue.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@taoqi said:
    I want to know, is there any way to solve the problem of multiple accounts in the future?

Change households, get a new computer, maybe get a legal name change for good measure and then pay with Coinbase.

@tulipyun said: When will Tokyo EPYC be available?

Will Tokyo Ryzen migration to EPYC be available in the future?

If I cancel Tokyo now, will I still be charged a setup fee in the future?

Thank you.

Yes.

@taizi said:
    Sorry, your account is not eligible to create any orders.
    imagine your account even can't purchase Account Support Level

That's a feature, not a bug. To be able to purchase the support level you can mention it in your account appeal ticket. Not you specifically though, just in general that's how it would happen. For you I don't recommend making another ticket, it'd just get merged. Your ticket's the only one I think still in the queue and not placed on hold so about 500 more tickets to go and I'll get to it.

Thanked by (1)taizi
    edited February 2023

@FrankZ said:

@fan said: Possible disk error/corruption on TYOC040 like 026? Just found the node was unlocked and boot disk is gone.

Not necessarily the whole disk, but your lvm is obviously knackered. Not 100% sure that it applies to your case, but I've had this happen before. Normally VirMach will automatically fix it within a ~couple of weeks. One sign that it has been fixed is that the O/S in SolusVM is blank. You will then need to reinstall.

@fan said:
    Possible disk error/corruption on TYOC040 like 026? Just found the node was unlocked and boot disk is gone.

Update: I/O error when access the virtual disk, so reinstallation won't work.

It just keeps getting knocked offline. As in the PCIe link drops. All Tokyo servers are already patched to the max pretty much to resolve all the previous problems but there was possibly at some point a kernel update, firmware update, or BIOS update and now it's no longer in proper equilibrium.

I remember @FrankZ was able to emulate a situation that took down the drive on AMSD030X so it's not necessarily indicative as a "bad" drive. Could be perfect health. Could also be reputable brand SSD. These new problems popping up are NOT related to the XPG fiasco.

(edit) Oh I forgot why I mentioned Frank, that node has basically been stable ever since he stopped stressing the server. So if he can do that, it also means other people can possibly trigger a dropoff, whether intentionally or not. And it's not an easy case of identifying abuse. This can unfortunately happen in a fraction of a second, not hours of thrashing. I'd basically need to be a kernel engineer with a full-time job of diagnosing this to go any further with it. And don't worry this isn't a case of me being incapable, I also phoned in a lot of intelligent friends and they all basically couldn't take it that far. One of them did assist us in fixing maybe 1 out of 10 things that could cause a dropoff and instead it just "overloads" in those scenarios. The overloads happen if for example people start mass re-installing after they see a disk message like yours, it balloons out of control before it can recover. If we could code up a better/faster detection system that isn't intensive what we could do is force the server to basically lock itself out from SolusVM. We've gotten that done to some degree, I just need to push out an update.

It's definitely frustrating but this is something that's had 6 years of Linux kernel bug reports. Seems like every kernel update it may introduce a new specific scenario where perhaps if someone's VM ends up using swap space or something super specific happens, or multiple VMs perform certain extremely spikey behavior it occurs. It would explain why we keep seeing it in Tokyo since that entire region is very spiky in usage. I'm open to any suggestions that aren't "go back in time and buy U.2 drives."

Basically for NVMe SSDs to function properly the motherboard, CPU, kernel, firmware, everything has to perform spectacularly or else it will go away. We've since coded out a "rescuer" that checks and runs on a cron and does everything it possibly can to automatically bring it back up but once it drops off it creates a domino effect that has a low success rate without a cold reboot on LInux. On Windows, in my testing when I stressed the NVMe and it dropped off it would basically fix itself within seconds. On Linux, not so much.

Some of these, if it ends up being related to a specific motherboard being sub-par or not on the perfect combo of everything, will drop off and only come back after hours of attempts.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ fan
  • @VirMach Can you please respond to my query posted above? Thanks.

• Always @FrankZ fault, every damned time with that guy!!! :p

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited February 2023

@AuroraZero said:
    Always @FrankZ fault, every damned time with that guy!!! :p

---

@VirMach I am sure @fan will be happy to hear that the disk dropped off line and that his lvm is more than likely fine. I did not realize that the disk issue that we were able to recreate when testing AMSD030X was an ongoing issue. Thank you for the update and the reasoning above. I will add this to my list of answers to questions like fans's.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

time for kernal 6.1!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

what CPU's on AMSD030X?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited February 2023

@cybertech said:
    what CPU's on AMSD030X?

RYZEN 5900X

• WHY ARE WE YELLING?

• @AuroraZero said:
    WHY ARE WE YELLING?

Roar..!!
    Are you changing propic every two days lol.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited February 2023

@AuroraZero said:
    WHY ARE WE YELLING?

Just a copy/paste from my past VM list. I always write "RYZEN" in caps because it just does not look right as "Ryzen".
    Apologies if I negatively affected any of your sensitivities. :wink:
    (insert evil laugh gif from above)

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

• @FrankZ Hey, Hey, Hey @cybertech started it.

@Flying_Chinaman frustrating isn't it?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
    edited February 2023

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:
    what CPU's on AMSD030X?

RYZEN 5900X

my theory is that virmach builds with Ryzen 5XXXs (or specifically 5900X) arent exactly stable due to "insert answer"

feel free to comment yall

Edit: seems like DALZ008 is also 5900X

@AuroraZero said:
    @FrankZ Hey, Hey, Hey @cybertech started it.

@Flying_Chinaman frustrating isn't it?

WUT DA F**

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero FrankZ

• @VirMach said:
    Basically for NVMe SSDs to function properly the motherboard, CPU, kernel, firmware, everything has to perform spectacularly or else it will go away. We've since coded out a "rescuer" that checks and runs on a cron and does everything it possibly can to automatically bring it back up but once it drops off it creates a domino effect that has a low success rate without a cold reboot on LInux. On Windows, in my testing when I stressed the NVMe and it dropped off it would basically fix itself within seconds. On Linux, not so much.

Have you tried doing a "Secondary Bus Reset" on the PCIE controller to bring back the NVME?
    If I recall, Linux doesn't do this (by default or at all) -- there's a hackish way to do it with setpci.

I'd speculate if the bursts are giving NVME firmware a bad day that the HBM might be disabled or the buffer might be too low to round it out.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cybertech said:

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:
    what CPU's on AMSD030X?

RYZEN 5900X

my theory is that virmach builds with Ryzen 5XXXs (or specifically 5900X) arent exactly stable due to "insert answer"

People running multiple simultaneous yabs disk tests.

• @VirMach said:

@taoqi said:
    I want to know, is there any way to solve the problem of multiple accounts in the future?

Change households, get a new computer, maybe get a legal name change for good measure and then pay with Coinbase.

Because I want to buy more vps, I did register two accounts on January 4, one of which has been refunded and the other has been marked. For this situation, I admit, but I also want to change the current state. Is there any way to deal with the marked ones? I can pay the management fees for multiple accounts. I just want to use vps better.

edited February 2023

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:
    what CPU's on AMSD030X?

RYZEN 5900X

i have 4 VPS on the same node in SEA (3900X). If Virmach allows I can try YABS all in one go, and see how that goes. heck he can even verify if they are all provisioned on the same disk.

@taoqi said:

@VirMach said:

@taoqi said:

Because I want to buy more vps, I did register two accounts on January 4, one of which has been refunded and the other has been marked. For this situation, I admit, but I also want to change the current state. Is there any way to deal with the marked ones? I can pay the management fees for multiple accounts. I just want to use vps better.

you just want to break terms of service.

Thanked by (2)skorous AlwaysSkint

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cybertech said:

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:
    what CPU's on AMSD030X?

RYZEN 5900X

i have 4 VPS on the same node in SEA (3900X). If Virmach allows I can try YABS all in one go, and see how that goes. heck he can even verify if they are all provisioned on the same disk.

I was just funning with you about the yabs. What node are you on in Seattle? I am on most nodes in Seattle so before you break my stuff ....

I informed him of the method I used when asked to try and break the testing node (AMSD030X), it was not yabs, so he does know how to get the disk to drop off if he wants to. I think the issue may be that trying to completely resolve the problem with the motherboards/kernels/etc available has been elusive.

• @cybertech said:

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:
    what CPU's on AMSD030X?

RYZEN 5900X

sets on @cybertech shoulder and whispers do it into his ear

you know you want to so do it

what's the worst that can happen?

give into the darkside and do it

Thanked by (2)cybertech ehab