Crunchbits' Ultra Mega Giveaways And Goods: Servers, CPUs, Motherboards, RAM, Disks, Etc

Comments

• @crunchbits said:

@Jab said:
    @skorupion tell @crunchbits to stop slaking.

@skorupion remind me @Jab is banned from all of the next giveaway which contains 2TB NVMe's and our decommissioned ryzen 5950x with 3090s.

I'd be happy to help out with the 2TB NVMes so that @Jab doesn't feel like he's missing out. Coincidentally, I've been looking to buy two of them (but damn, they're expensive here, outside of the US).

• @crunchbits said: We finally got virtually everything packaged up for shipping. >Will be sending out PMs with dimensions.

We will have more to go--but the ETA on that is "who the fuck knows when we have time". If you want to wait, that is okay but it very >well could be 30 days before that is accomplished. I need to get @skorupion to stop being lazy and better organize the next one.

Thank you so much for the update @crunchbits Could I still claim? Just noticed that Quadro RTX NVLink Bridge 2-slot has not yet been claimed. I'll take one if not two if I am allowed. Might help me with my dream ML home lab.

• Well I completely missed out on this. :/ When’s the next round?

• @adly said:
    Well I completely missed out on this. :/ When’s the next round?

The next round starts whenever @skorupion stops being lazy.

Giveaway list includes:

• one gallon wet platinum lube
    • four 4TB NVMe, XPG brand, originally from @VirMach
    • eight 16TB HDD, collectively contains a copy of @Nekki 's stash
    • two 512MB flash drive, with private key to an undisclosed amount of Bitcoin
    • one MilkyWay chocolate bar
    • two sweaty shirts as seen in push-up videos
    • @skorupion 's soul
    • one bicycle lock, without the key (this and the next item cannot be shipped to the same ZIP code)
    • one bicycle key, without the lock (this and the previous item cannot be shipped to the same ZIP code)

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

@adly said:

Giveaway list includes:

• @skorupion 's soul
    • one bicycle lock, without the key (this and the next item cannot be shipped to the same ZIP code)
    • one bicycle key, without the lock (this and the previous item cannot be shipped to the same ZIP code)

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

Already sold it to the devil sadly

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• @yoursunny said:

@adly said:

Giveaway list includes:

Those two should be combined into one surely, as difficult to fully make use of one without the other.

• @adly said:

@yoursunny said:

@adly said:

Giveaway list includes:

Those two should be combined into one surely, as difficult to fully make use of one without the other.

These two are unrelated.
    The lube is for your car engine or DC motors on your drone.

The HDD has quantity limit, two units per claim.
    Oh and the HDD has been dropped in package, so they may or may not work.

Thanked by (1)adly

• Also they were in a raid10 config. You can only claim 2, selected randomly.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @adly said:

@yoursunny said:

@adly said:

Giveaway list includes:

Just grab a Pot/Cup Noodle - it's both nature's lube and a tasty, salty snack when you've satisfied your urges.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider

@abtdw said:
    Thank you so much for the update @crunchbits Could I still claim? Just noticed that Quadro RTX NVLink Bridge 2-slot has not yet been claimed. I'll take one if not two if I am allowed. Might help me with my dream ML home lab.

CONFIRMED

@yoursunny said:

@adly said:

Giveaway list includes:

• @skorupion 's soul

This is pretty impressive.

Wait, is something wrong with XPG? We are running everyone's storage nodes on used eBay XPG drives that I bought from a guy named "plotting_king".

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Advin
  • Item: Asrock x399 Taichi / Threadripper 1900X
    QTY: 1

• My freebies arrived today and all are in good shape.

It's well known here that @crunchbits appreciates a good gag(ging) so I wanted to say thank you by writing something funny like "CRUNCHBITS' PACKAGE FINALLY CAME!" or "I got the cream of the crop!". But it's draining trying to come up with clever things to write so will just leave it with a sincere, hard felt, and full throated "Thanks loads."

Thanked by (2)crunchbits user123
  • Seagate Barracuda Compute (st2000dm008) 2TB 3.5"
    Quantity: 1

Thank you

@JDMcPea said:
    My freebies arrived today and all are in good shape.

It's well known here that @crunchbits appreciates a good gag(ging) so I wanted to say thank you by writing something funny like "CRUNCHBITS' PACKAGE FINALLY CAME!" or "I got the cream of the crop!". But it's draining trying to come up with clever things to write so will just leave it with a sincere, hard felt, and full throated "Thanks loads."

Hope they work out. So far a decent chunk of previous claimants have not responded, so we'll likely have some stuff from v1 giveaway going back up if they don't reply by the time we compile a second list.

Thanked by (1)JDMcPea
  • sorry for being stupid, but can anyone tell me how to create shipping label? preferably the cheapest from us to Indonesia, like regular express mail (EMS)? is it possible?🤔

Thanked by (1)_MS_
  • @crunchbits said: Hope they work out. So far a decent chunk of previous >claimants have not responded, so we'll likely have some stuff from v1 giveaway going back up if they don't reply by the time we >compile a second list.

Have you completed sending messages to all previous claimants? Because I did not receive any message so far. @crunchbits

• @crunchbits said:
    So far a decent chunk of previous claimants have not responded, so we'll likely have some stuff from v1 giveaway going back up if they don't reply by the time we compile a second list.

I think you said the claimed stuff in first batch can be combined with claims in future batches and shipped together?

@abtdw said:
    Have you completed sending messages to all previous claimants? Because I did not receive any message so far. @crunchbits

You are supposed to initiate the messages.
    "After it has been confirmed, PM me here with ITEM, QUANTITY, and a LINK to your confirmation post by me."

• @crunchbits said:

Hope they work out. So far a decent chunk of previous claimants have not responded, so we'll likely have some stuff from v1 giveaway going back up if they don't reply by the time we compile a second list.

The two Samsung EVO 850 drives received both had 15.7 TB written and about 35K hours power on time (~4 years). They suffered no ill effects from being in a box that was dropped. Downloaded the Samsung Magician diagnostic drive software to get the info and found out that my EVO 870 (first SSD I ever bought) used in main computer already has 30+ TB written so am probably going to replace it with one of these and use the second for backup. Or maybe RAID 1.

Whoever packed the box was a pro- bulletproof packing job

Side note for folks in the USA- these went out from Spokane WA area on Friday and were delivered in central NJ on Monday using USPS Parcel Select. That's all the way across the country in just one business day. Paying extra for Priority Mail is apparently a waste of money in some (most?) cases.

Thanked by (1)DataRecovery
  • They probably work weekends? No way parcel post can travel that distance in just a single business day.

Speaking as an ex eBay seller.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @yoursunny said:

@crunchbits said:
    So far a decent chunk of previous claimants have not responded, so we'll likely have some stuff from v1 giveaway going back up if they don't reply by the time we compile a second list.

I think you said the claimed stuff in first batch can be combined with claims in future batches and shipped together?

@abtdw said:

You are supposed to initiate the messages.
    "After it has been confirmed, PM me here with ITEM, QUANTITY, and a LINK to your confirmation post by me."

@crunchbits I have also been waiting for your message with bated breath, though I'm open to waiting until the next round dropped for possible combining shipping. Regardless, thanks for doing this for the community! <3

• @terrorgen said:
    They probably work weekends? No way parcel post can travel that distance in just a single business day.

Speaking as an ex eBay seller.

Am sure the USPS/United States Postal Service works weekends and it was just technically one business day for delivery. The box was shipped "Parcel Select" which is a relativally new service, "Parcel Post" has been retired for a while now although there is now "First Class Mail Parcel" for items under one pound if you buy shipping label online.

Seems like lately the USPS has been contstantly changing things around- changing service names, weight and size limits, delivery times, etc. But whenever they change any single thing you can be positive that you are going to be paying more than you paid previously.

@yoursunny said:

@crunchbits said:

Yes, but if your item was packaged they got a DM with the sizes (if not packaged yet, you didn't get a DM and no worries). If I don't get a reply asking to wait/some communication back at some point I will assume it is not active/needed.

@JDMcPea said:
    The two Samsung EVO 850 drives received both had 15.7 TB written and about 35K hours power on time (~4 years). They suffered no ill effects from being in a box that was dropped. Downloaded the Samsung Magician diagnostic drive software to get the info and found out that my EVO 870 (first SSD I ever bought) used in main computer already has 30+ TB written so am probably going to replace it with one of these and use the second for backup. Or maybe RAID 1.

Whoever packed the box was a pro- bulletproof packing job

Side note for folks in the USA- these went out from Spokane WA area on Friday and were delivered in central NJ on Monday using USPS Parcel Select. That's all the way across the country in just one business day. Paying extra for Priority Mail is apparently a waste of money in some (most?) cases.

He's packed a lot of PC gear over the years, but I'll tell him the quality was noticed :) I am surprised it arrived that quick, but we also sent out shirts via USPS First Class and they made similar journeys, I was really surprised how fast some arrived to NJ/NY area... of course it appears one was also lost lol.

Thanked by (3)user123 abtdw JDMcPea
  • JabJab
    edited March 2023

People did not responded to PMs? Items back!?

I call dibs on... fuck, I am banned.
    No, wait, I am banned from next giveaway this would technically be still current giveaway aka not banned, right?!
    @crunchbits need clarification

PS stop slaking!

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited March 2023

@crunchbits said:
    Yes, but if your item was packaged they got a DM with the sizes (if not packaged yet, you didn't get a DM and no worries). If I don't get a reply asking to wait/some communication back at some point I will assume it is not active/needed.

I'm one of those, who shamelessly wait for moar free gear.
    So I did not disappear, quite the vice versa - I'm a bit shy to unnecessarily bother you with this.

I have Samsung sm863a 480GB SSD confirmed here: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/125784/#Comment_125784
    and
    two Crucial 4GB DDR4 2133 modules confirmed here: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/126926/#Comment_126926

I did not receive any PMs and it is completely OK for me to wait for the second round even if it takes a month for you to find time for that. I perfectly understand you may be more than busy in current economic conditions.

Wouldn't that be too much hassle for you to keep those items while this fun is going?

If so, then could you please ask the packaging ninja™ to put aside the hardware above? If not, then please suggest what to do next.

• I don't know man, this is too straight forward.
    I wish there was some sort of ironically cruel twist in each free gift.
    Otherwise the universe balance would tip over the whole thing and we'll end up like the dinosaurs or something.
    Too much good stuff is statistically dangerous, because the more good stuff happens, the bad stuff is more likely to happen next. And it accumulates.
    You are disturbing the forces of nature here.
    Love is free, thus it can grow unlimited, but too much love is also dangerous.
    We must fight love, preventing it from growing out of control and killing us all...

@yoursunny said: one gallon wet platinum lube

Is that lube still available?

• @Janevski said:

@bakageta has the lube.
    I'm sure he'll ship the rest to you, if you send him a label.

@Janevski said:
    I don't know man, this is too straight forward.
    Otherwise the universe balance would tip over the whole thing and we'll end up like the dinosaurs or something.
    Too much good stuff is statistically dangerous, because the more good stuff happens, the bad stuff is more likely to happen next. And it accumulates.
    We must fight love, preventing it from growing out of control and killing us all...

There were some plans to do ... some stuff. Nothing too bad, but at least a little fun. Maybe we still will, just got a lot busier than expected.

Maybe there has already been too much bad stuff and this is the good stuff cycle on the backend?

Thanked by (1)JDMcPea
  • @Janevski said:
    I don't know man, this is too straight forward.

Yes, butt used. Sharing is caring.

• Has anyone had their item shipped?