VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @MallocVoidstar said:
    Is it possible to do emergency-login when I disabled password auth entirely? This made me realize that if I can't reach my servers over SSH directly I can't log in because I can't do key auth.

"disabled password auth entirely" how?

• @Mumbly said: The same. "Reconfigure network" on 025 and 028 doesn't do anything so far.

For me i got networking for 10 seconds while doing reconfiguring and when its finished im losing again networking. Probably its not ready yet.

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• @emperor said:

@Mumbly said: The same. "Reconfigure network" on 025 and 028 doesn't do anything so far.

For me i got networking for 10 seconds while doing reconfiguring and when its finished im losing again networking. Probably its not ready yet.

My uptime report says the same for one of .nl VPSes. Networking appeared online for some short time and died right after that.

• They are coming back now.

• @skorous said:

@MallocVoidstar said:
    Is it possible to do emergency-login when I disabled password auth entirely? This made me realize that if I can't reach my servers over SSH directly I can't log in because I can't do key auth.

"disabled password auth entirely" how?

Wait, I think I forgot what password I set. Well, how awkward, guess I know what I'm doing when the network is back...

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • My VPS in Amsterdam is up and running for over an hour now; did the reconfiguring by hand through the VNC terminal.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited April 2023

@Mumbly said: The same. "Reconfigure network" on 025 and 028 doesn't do anything so far.

Should be fixed now for that particular error.

Had to do with the IP steal protection, it uses another table for that which I just finished updating. Unfortunately if you're early to the reconfiguring I can't promise it won't go down for a mass reconfigure as the script that pings first to reconfigure isn't working great and developer's not around so we're using a different method. Could mean one last VM reboot.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • What's the timeline for servers with that IP range in the US?

• Lost my additional IPs after the IP change (FFME004 flash sale server), hopefully this is just temporary :anguished:

Also, the same VPS: clicking on 'VPS Control Panel' still results in 'Invalid vserverid or username' - I hope this issue will be dealt with eventually.. :<

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

Using this as an opportunity to soft remove the custom ticket option at the bottom of ticket creation page, to encourage people to use the new "Contact Us" button. As that will greatly help us in this case and in the future, since we'll get the IP address and node names immediately so we'll be able to know which of the various tickets created can be referred to the network status page and which ones are unrelated.

I say soft remove because you can obviously technically get to it in one way or another, just the visible link on the step one of creating a ticket page.

• @TheDP said:
    Back online on AMSD029.

Me too, online on AMSD028 and AMSD029

@chimichurri said: Also, the same VPS: clicking on 'VPS Control Panel' still results in 'Invalid vserverid or username' - I hope this issue will be dealt with eventually.. :<

This should be an unrelated issue which you need to create a ticket for to fix at this point if it didn't get fixed automatically already. I know @FrankZ mentioned this at some point as well, just tagging you in case you're in the same boat still.

@chimichurri said: Lost my additional IPs after the IP change (FFME004 flash sale server), hopefully this is just temporary

Unfortunately it's a side effect of trying to complete this quickly on an emergency basis. I'll see what we'll do about it, or if I need to tell everyone to contact us again using missing IPs button.

@SeaScoot said:
    What's the timeline for servers with that IP range in the US?

I have no timeline, but I'm going to begin preparing for mass changes should that be necessary. We're still awaiting a response from the IP lessor.

Thanked by (1)chimichurri
  • FFME001, FFME004 and AMSD030 are back for me.
    AMSD026 network re config is giving an error. (FFME004 was giving the same error so I'm sure it'll work soon)

@lesuser said:
    Still no sign of VMs in Buffalo

There's no VMs in Buffalo. They stopped existing in early 2022.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny Wonder_Woman

Tickets are out of control. I'm going to try to mass clear them up again without incorrectly flagging the wrong tickets unrelated to 47.87.xx.xx issue but apologies in advance if you get one for something unrelated. The ones with lower confidence I'll flag for recreation using the new button, the ones with higher confidence will get the mass issue reply. I want to avoid having another long backlog.

@soulchief said: AMSD026 network re config is giving an error. (FFME004 was giving the same error so I'm sure it'll work soon)

Should already work now, if it still doesn't work definitely let me know.

• @VirMach said:

@lesuser said:
    Still no sign of VMs in Buffalo

There's no VMs in Buffalo. They stopped existing in early 2022.

Yeah you are right, may be they not in Buffalo. I am talking about NYCB030

• https://statusbot.virm.ac/en/ looks nice af. Kudos to whoever made it.

• edited April 2023

@VirMach said:
    Tickets are out of control. I'm going to try to mass clear them up again without incorrectly flagging the wrong tickets unrelated to 47.87.xx.xx issue but apologies in advance if you get one for something unrelated. The ones with lower confidence I'll flag for recreation using the new button, the ones with higher confidence will get the mass issue reply. I want to avoid having another long backlog.

@soulchief said: AMSD026 network re config is giving an error. (FFME004 was giving the same error so I'm sure it'll work soon)

Should already work now, if it still doesn't work definitely let me know.

Just tried again and is still returning:

An Error Occurred!
    Unknown Error

Edit: booted up in VNC and it's getting the Failed to mount error so that's probably why it's not working.

edited April 2023

@dosai said:
    https://statusbot.virm.ac/en/ looks nice af. Kudos to whoever made it.

It's a combination of two third party software. Our chat software (https://crisp.chat) and server monitoring software (https://nixstats.com/) and the on/off button for the sidebar is courtesy of someone on JsFiddle.

@soulchief said: Edit: booted up in VNC and it's getting the Failed to mount error so that's probably why it's not working.

Oh make sure to unmount any ISO. But I'll also check and make sure there's not a combo coincidental issue of a disk missing or something like that. (edit: confirmed no disk issue.)

Thanked by (1)dosai
  • i have not touched anything yet ... will do that in next coming days.... maybe miraculously migrate button also appears.

• Please! Can you have a look at 47.87.171.xxx LA server

• @rafanake said:
    Please! Can you have a look at 47.87.171.xxx LA server

He already gave an update earlier on this page.

• What are the chances that those new IPs gonna be perm IPs and we won't go back to Alibaba next day(s)?
    What are the chances that Alibaba thing will work again within next let's say 12 hours?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@Jab said:
    What are the chances that those new IPs gonna be perm IPs and we won't go back to Alibaba next day(s)?
    What are the chances that Alibaba thing will work again within next let's say 12 hours?

Frankfurt and Amsterdam will remain as such. We will not switch them back.

Also I found out what caused all this to happen in the first place... this was the old bank that they switched abruptly so I guess it's not their fault either, and I finally got a confirmation from our bank that they "rejected" the payment multiple days after it was supposed to complete to the new one. They finally replied 20 minutes ago or so and trying to arrange the new payment now.

• @VirMach i hope you didn't loose money from SVB adding to the list on the ice-berg?

• @VirMach said: Frankfurt and Amsterdam will remain as such. We will not switch them back.

So time to update my DNSes and configs, sad :(
    But thanks for answer.

@ehab said:
    @VirMach i hope you didn't loose money from SVB adding to the list on the ice-berg?

I think VirMach said that the company they lease IPs is (was :D) using SVB and after the switch few days ago (or earlier) theirs new bank returned all payments from VirMach bank... so VirMach not in SVB, I would assume.

Thanked by (1)ehab

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@ehab said:
    @VirMach i hope you didn't loose money from SVB adding to the list on the ice-berg?

We're not cool enough to use SVB so we dodged that one.

• @yoursunny said:

@Jab said:
    Wait, I can start ticket for each of my affected services and get SLA credits - grand total of 0.02$?!
    Mmmmmm :scream:

Your ticket would be closed as "mass issue" and there's no SLA credits.
    This was what happened to my MIAZ011 ticket last week.

Oof. This happened to me as well. SJCZ010 was network unreachable for a period but then came back online. Got closed for mass issue and not sure about SLA credit for 2 services there.

Love ya VirMach but these service outages are killing me!

• @ehab said:

@netomx said:
    Thanks

hello, man, u still alive?
    i hope you are well and family is good.
    you should be more active, at least in LES, we all have our pants down so you can feel at home :)

<3
    ehab

ps: edited for my finglish before @AlwaysSkint fingers me again.

Thank you.

I do, just a lot on my life.

@FrankZ thank you!

Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ