VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@geo said: Love ya VirMach but these service outages are killing me!

Trying to be more careful with the mass issue flags. It's just very hard since most people mash random buttons but there's got to be a better way for me to filter them.

Thanked by (1)geo

@chimichurri said: Lost my additional IPs after the IP change (FFME004 flash sale server), hopefully this is just temporary

I have an idea for pulling these, will try to update you here.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint chimichurri
  • 47.87.184.x is LA? I cannot know where my VPS is, as the status page throws Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

@netomx said:
    47.87.184.x is LA? I cannot know where my VPS is, as the status page throws Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

Doesn't matter where it is, all of them are down, it's IP routing issue.

But that's NYC.

Thanked by (1)netomx

@netomx said: I cannot know where my VPS is, as the status page throws Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

By the way we have something planned for correcting this on our projects list, we agree it's helpful to be able to see that instead of a timeout (which is shared with other issues as well.) Currently not our code.

Thanked by (1)netomx
  • ... f*ck... connection to my host on AMSD029 is gone again ...

rDNS for Amsterdam/Tokyo/Frankfurt will become available most likely tomorrow by the way, but let's say end of week.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint titus
    edited April 2023

@Calypso said:
    ... f*ck... connection to my host on AMSD029 is gone again ...

Expected. Reference:

@VirMach said: Unfortunately if you're early to the reconfiguring I can't promise it won't go down for a mass reconfigure as the script that pings first to reconfigure isn't working great and developer's not around so we're using a different method. Could mean one last VM reboot.

Almost done.

• @VirMach said:

@Calypso said:

Expected.

Not for me as a customer

@Calypso said:

@VirMach said:

@Calypso said:

Expected.

Not for me as a customer

Will update network status page.

• Had to reinstall my vps on AMSD026 and now that ones back up.

Now to wait for the ~20 usa vps's to have their routing fixed and then I can go back to successfully idling 90% of my VPS's.

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • Virmach can you please inform us about NY ? is it possible there to change IP's or is this going to take much more time ?
    (Then i start restoring things to another host)

@hike said:
    Virmach can you please inform us about NY ? is it possible there to change IP's or is this going to take much more time ?
    (Then i start restoring things to another host)

Once I have information, I'd update the network status page as I did and also most likely provide an update here.

They're aware of the issue now and working to restore it. I do not know how long that will take, but what I can say is that the IP address will not change in this case (unless they come back and say the block is no longer available, if somehow over the last 12 hours they've resold it, in which case there would obviously be a change. I don't expect this to happen but I'm attempting to cover all possibilities here.)

• JabJab
    edited April 2023

Fucking reconfigure network using eth0 rather than proper ens$number - had to manually fix one server... rest seems to accepted reconfigure network :D

Thanked by (1)dedicados

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• I do not know how that company operate and what is the bill and I bet its not small, if they do not contact the user/ even more long term client I just can say fuck to them..........

• @VirMach
    Do you anticipate getting back the IP blocks from leaser?
    Reason why I ask is my DA license is locked to these assigned IPs. As with recent DA license change they are blocking IP change for Internal DC licenses

• @VirMach , so there is no possibility to change IP's now just like you did in AMS and FRA i assume this is the only block you can route there ?

• And if this is all not possible, can you at least make the VNC available ?

• JabJab
    edited April 2023

@bula said:
    Do you anticipate getting back the IP blocks from leaser?
    Reason why I ask is my DA license is locked to these assigned IPs. As with recent DA license change they are blocking IP change for Internal DC licenses

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/135222/#Comment_135222

I think that means no. There (could be) double IP for some period of time, but the main IP is already migrated and in long run we will only have the new-new-new one. In theory of course, VirMach life is hard so it can all change :fearful:

@reb0rn said: I just can say fuck to them..........

It seems like with any IP lessor, we're at their mercy to a great level. Seems to be how they operate in general, all of them. They have the limited resource/entire supply and you're the demand. So far they've been good in that at least they do not threaten to terminate us for a normal level of abuse reports.

While I definitely do not like what happened and how it occurred, it'd realistically not benefit us or our customers to try to change them. With Frankfurt and Amsterdam we could do it quickly, but that's not something we could reproduce smoothly with the other datacenter partners. I already know INAP/Unitas Global would most likely take multiple days for new announcement. We could maybe get them to rush it but it's too close to the weekend for comfort. QN, maybe. HV, definitely not.

So any chance there is of avoiding swaps, I'll take it. And that's before we get into the mass confusion and support overhead that comes with IP changes.

@bula said: Do you anticipate getting back the IP blocks from leaser?

Yes, I highly doubt they would have re-sold them this quickly and it looks like it just went back to Alibaba and not some other third party but it's strange they'd actually rather just pull them without even asking for their money (if they thought we didn't send/they didn't receive it) unless they had some opportunity, so I don't know.

I haven't got any communication that indicates they may no longer have it available.

@hike said:
    @VirMach , so there is no possibility to change IP's now just like you did in AMS and FRA i assume this is the only block you can route there ?

Only if we get forced to do it but if that happens, it will not be faster as it was for AMS/FRA. It will be slower.

@hike said:
    And if this is all not possible, can you at least make the VNC available ?

That's going to be worked on next but we're not at that stage yet. Still wrapping up Frankfurt and Amsterdam, and other things. I'm hoping it won't be necessary. Nodes to get VNC back first are intended to be HV nodes, and we'll gear up for migrating those next (unless IPv4 is restored by then.)

Thanked by (1)someTom
  • @VirMach said:

Yes, I highly doubt they would have re-sold them this quickly and it looks like it just went back to Alibaba and not some other third party but it's strange they'd actually rather just pull them without even asking for their money (if they thought we didn't send/they didn't receive it) unless they had some opportunity, so I don't know.

I haven't got any communication that indicates they may no longer have it available.

OK I certainly hope you get these IP blocks back as it would be a bummer as like I said DA has changed their license system so would loose the license access for my VPS under you if new address is assigned.

@bula said:

@VirMach said:

OK I certainly hope you get these IP blocks back as it would be a bummer as like I said DA has changed their license system so would loose the license access for my VPS under you if new address is assigned.

Yeah for me it'd mostly be a bummer because it means I probably can't sleep for the next 2 days but we're definitely on the same team here, I just hope we get them back soon.

• @VirMach said:

@lesuser said:
    Still no sign of VMs in Buffalo

There's no VMs in Buffalo. They stopped existing in early 2022.

dafaq ? i have a buffalo VPS from you, but cant reach it today

• @cold said:

@VirMach said:

@lesuser said:

New York is not Buffalo.

• @Daevien said:

@cold said:

@VirMach said:

@lesuser said:

New York is not Buffalo.

Miami also down for me

• JabJab
    edited April 2023

That was amazing (TED)talk
    -- dafaq ? i have a buffalo VPS from you, but cant reach it today
    -- New York is not Buffalo.
    -- Miami also down for me

:trollface:

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint chimichurri

• edited April 2023

my 2 data servers are down...

and whmcs gives error "Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received"

oh my.

• ^ Due to being a Windoze luser. :| :bleep_bloop:

Thanked by (3)skorous shallow ehab

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)