VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@cybertech said:

@FrankZ said:
    I could be wrong but IIRC, reconfigure networking in SolusVM is designed to work with templates, not ISO installs. So it is a feature not a bug. :)

yeah except i didnt do that, it was automated.

i configured my network manually

This was pinging/not blocked off from ping, right? Looking into our reconfigure script that runs in the background.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

@FrankZ said:
    I could be wrong but IIRC, reconfigure networking in SolusVM is designed to work with templates, not ISO installs. So it is a feature not a bug. :)

yeah except i didnt do that, it was automated.

i configured my network manually

This was pinging/not blocked off from ping, right? Looking into our reconfigure script that runs in the background.

im not sure what the question is, but i had configured manually the new IP correctly and VM was online.

suddenly it was reconfigured to eth0.

i manually reconfigured back to ens3 and works again now.

like what @FrankZ mentioned im using ISO install and not from template, so it may affect those on ISO.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited April 2023

Node Name: TPAZ003
    https://imgur.com/a/7qdj9Da

@cybertech would we be able to ping the public IPv4 address? As in no firewall preventing that?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited April 2023

@VirMach said:
    @cybertech would we be able to ping the public IPv4 address? As in no firewall preventing that?

yes in my case (manual config) it is now pingable , tried from SG/TYO/LAX

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Change eth0 to ens3
    Restart network solve the problem for Frankfurt location.

@cybertech said: yes in my case (manual config) it is now pingable , tried from SG/TYO/LAX

Figured out the issue. The script doesn't do a heavy level of testing (e.g, running an entire ping.pe) and since it's a newly announced block routing isn't perfect and it could falsely mark one as not pinging if there's a little bit of loss.

I'm filtering out the list first using mass ping tool and then only inputting that into the script instead. Sorry about that.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Received an update from them, verbatim:

We'll be done in ten minutes

Going to just wait it out and check for myself before getting everyone's hopes up on the network status page, but I don't mind getting everyone's hopes up here, unofficially. ;)

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown FrankZ

Nice, I see it back on RADB for a few so far.

• @VirMach said:
    Nice, I see it back on RADB for a few so far.

47.87 prefix, or few subnets of it?

@ByteVirt said: 47.87 prefix, or few subnets of it?

All of it, except Frankfurt and Amsterdam which we moved off this morning/afternoon. It'll still take some time of course, it'll come in similarly to how it went out, not all suddenly.

• @tonyapac said:
    Node Name: TPAZ003
    https://imgur.com/a/7qdj9Da

@VirMach
    https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php
    It does not mention TPAZ003 and IP 47.87.206.*, the situation is the VM is not reachable.

• @VirMach said:
    All of it, except Frankfurt and Amsterdam which we moved off this morning/afternoon. It'll still take some time of course, it'll come in similarly to how it went out, not all suddenly.

Lets hope everything goes smoothly

@tonyapac said: 47.87.206.*

That's within 47.87.128.0/17

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

TYOC007 just pop'd back online. Thanks VirMach.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Any news for 47.87.136.xxx and 47.87.153.xxx ?

• JabJab
    edited April 2023

@Fritz said:
    Any news for 47.87.136.xxx and 47.87.153.xxx ?

--

@VirMach said:

47.87.128.0/17 = FROM 47.87.128.0 TO 47.87.255.255

Thanked by (2)Fritz skorous

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• huh?i think tyoc026 has no impact,but actually my network got edited too,turns into eth0, and waste my 1hour of sleep time to fix this.
    how I fix this? waste 55mins for fixing nothing and 5mins later it recovered itself

• @VirMach copy-paste from LET, I am to stupid to understand it, but maybe important :D

@jtk said: I saw reports of intermittent reachability. I suspect, a problem now is that QuadraNet is announcing a /20 in this prefix, but there are only ROAs with Alibaba's origin ASes published in the RPKI for the covered address space, which means many nets will be invalidating and rejecting the QuadraNet announcement. Let's see how long it takes people in the LES thread to figure this out. :-)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

edited April 2023

@Jab said:
    @VirMach copy-paste from LET, I am to stupid to understand it, but maybe important :D

@jtk said: I saw reports of intermittent reachability. I suspect, a problem now is that QuadraNet is announcing a /20 in this prefix, but there are only ROAs with Alibaba's origin ASes published in the RPKI for the covered address space, which means many nets will be invalidating and rejecting the QuadraNet announcement. Let's see how long it takes people in the LES thread to figure this out. :-)

Sounds like they're describing the initial issue?

(edit) Oh

• so, if I am reading the service status page correctly, the payment issue or what ever with Alibaba has been resolved and the subnet is getting reassigned and it will just take time? if so, I have a lot of that and thank you for the updates :)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Okay so good news is that they're aware, but looks like it's going to take a little longer than the initial "we'll be done in ten minutes." They're keeping me posted.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@dgc1980 said:
    so, if I am reading the service status page correctly, the payment issue or what ever with Alibaba has been resolved and the subnet is getting reassigned and it will just take time? if so, I have a lot of that and thank you for the updates :)

Yep, basically.

Thanked by (2)dgc1980 FrankZ
  • @Jab said:

@Fritz said:
    Any news for 47.87.136.xxx and 47.87.153.xxx ?

--

@VirMach said:

47.87.128.0/17 = FROM 47.87.128.0 TO 47.87.255.255

I meant. didn't see any news for .136 and .153 but from .225 which is on the same range.

• Anyone's machine in NY up? Mine is still down.

• edited April 2023

@lesuser said:
    Anyone's machine in NY up? Mine is still down.

NY has just come back up for me.

Thanked by (1)lesuser
  • All my services are just popping back online :)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @rhinoduck said:

@lesuser said:
    Anyone's machine in NY up? Mine is still down.

NY has just come back up for me.

Mine is also up now.

• Indeed, all green here now. Yay!