VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @MallocVoidstar said:
    Hey @VirMach, will that storage special offer still be available whenever Netherlands location is available next?

Going to guess not since he was trying to fill up spare space.

@VirMach said: we have a lot of disk on storage plans (NY and LA)

On a new server I expect he'd want to let real paying customers fill it up first. But you never know I guess.

Thanked by (1)MallocVoidstar

• Eh, the GIF is less helpful than intended. Figured it out, though.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Jab said:

why-is-my-website-on-nycbsomething-still-down

I've been asking myself the same question everyday :(

• @MallocVoidstar said:

Eh, the GIF is less helpful than intended. Figured it out, though.

See, it's complicated because you need to use a template at least once to get CPU Passthrough enabled. It won't work but if you don't do it then none of the RHEL9 variants will install.

• I did VNC setup without using a template* and cat /proc/cpuinfo shows Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v4.

*unless there was a template install running in the background which I obliterated

• If you selected an OS when you purchased it then it ran the template for you automagically. When you pulled up the VNC console it'll have shown some sort of grub error because fdisk couldn't partition it properly. If you're slow, like me, you selected One Click - Install Later and then took and hour to figure it out. ;-)

• Amsterdam? :(

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Yep Amsterdam is gone

• Back again .. 20 minutes

• :cookie: for soemone how fixed this.

• Give back the :cookie: it's broken again!!111!oneoeneone

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint someTom

• AMS025 is now UP
    Downtime: 25 min

Not giving up :cookie: now, let's wait like 3 hours :D

• Oh FFS
    Down again.

• edited April 2023

^ Flappy, flap. Grr. Suspending Hetrix, so as not to get email blasted overnight. :-(

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited April 2023

@VirMach said:
    I actually don't know what it is it with NVMe SSDs but I've had the worst luck when it comes to my own computers as well. At this point I feel like I'm the only anti-NVMe person out there, I swear I haven't had one pleasant experience with them. Even in prebuilts, laptops, anything using NVMe SSD. I followed the instructions and submerged all of them in diet coke before use to help them acclimate, I have no idea why they keep having problems.

Reminds me of LTT, where a certain someone said.
    "I was bending the pins on an AMD CPU."
    and
    "It was like a fidget toy"

You have a psychopath in the DC.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
  • If you have a VM on TPAZ002 you might check to make sure it is started up. I had one that went mysteriously offline an hour or two ago, although it did came back as soon I started it up in the control panel. I didn't see any official reports about it in network status so it might have just been me, but I'd be curious if not.

• I have set up my VPS on the tapz002 node to automatically reboot on a daily schedule. For a long time, sometimes the VPS can reboot successfully, while other times it cannot (and I have to manually restart it from the control panel).

Thanked by (1)jtk
  • why-is-my-vps-on-fra666-still-down

• edited May 2023

why-is-my-vps-on-nycb006-still-down

Yo old fart yo'd better double the downtime

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

why-is-my-vps-on-nycb006-still-down

Yo old fart yo'd better double the downtime

investigator is slow, or he got the flu

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • NYCB048 may be having some problems now. Nothing on the server status page, but whatever happened started within the last two hours or so.

• it's been about a month for NYCB009 being down. I think at this point it's time to pay our respects. Does anyone care to offer a eulogy?

• can you check tyoc026, some of the users(included me),are keep receiving random shutdowns,and I can confirm it isn't some oom issue because vnc shows nothing...

• @taizi said:
    can you check tyoc026, some of the users(included me),are keep receiving random shutdowns,and I can confirm it isn't some oom issue because vnc shows nothing...

Over resource allocation perhaps?

• @skorous said:

@taizi said:
    can you check tyoc026, some of the users(included me),are keep receiving random shutdowns,and I can confirm it isn't some oom issue because vnc shows nothing...

Over resource allocation perhaps?

i guess so

• Status Offline
    virmach tokyo ryzen ping is now DOWN
    Target: *[ping]
    Noticed at: 2023-05-03 14:21:38 (UTC+08:00)
    Encountered errors:
    Dallas: Timeout (5 sec)
    Singapore: Timeout (5 sec)
    Sydney: Timeout (5 sec)
    Tokyo: Timeout (5 sec)
    epic shutdown,again💀💀💀

• Now I noticed that my Tokyo $2.22 is The node is currently locked (Is this on TYOC026?)

• @tototo said:
    Now I noticed that my Tokyo $2.22 is The node is currently locked (Is this on TYOC026?)

i am 026 and i have no problem(no lock)

Thanked by (1)tototo
  • @tototo said:
    Now I noticed that my Tokyo $2.22 is The node is currently locked (Is this on TYOC026?)

Thanked by (2)tototo Abdullah
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@tototo said:

I expect you are on TYOC007 with that $2.22 special. I have the same one and it also shows locked, but I have not seen any random shutdowns like was being discussed on TYOC026.

Thanked by (1)tototo

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add