VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• Error - Connection Unencrypted This system will not operate over an unencrypted connection. You will now be forwarded to a secure connection.

Check the Network Status page for any important maintenance information.

Error List:

"The node is currently locked"
    This means we are performing maintenance on the node and have decided to limit controls temporarily.

"Operation Timed Out"
    This means befre a response was provided, it timed out. It is still possible your request was completed.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@MallocVoidstar said:
    Is the control panel broken for anyone else? It's displaying

Error - Connection Unencrypted This system will not operate over an unencrypted connection. You will now be forwarded to a secure connection.

for all of my servers. If I try to load the solusvm URL directly, it infinitely redirects to itself.

I don't think this is the cause of the panel not working, but the code has if(window.location.protocol!="https") which will always be true, because window.location.protocol returns scheme:, like https:, including a colon.

I've been dealing with this since the moment it happened since I was working on NYCB006 at the same time. It's a SolusVM update, first it updated where they ioncubed a specific file with a newer version and then it turns out the actual update itself after fixing ioncube version and PHP just results in I assume bad code being caked in there that results in a redirect loop, in relation to whatever script checks for SSL.

I don't even know what they're doing anymore, every update has just broken one or more things and all the "features" they've added that I've noticed just slow everything down and make it sloppier.

Thanked by (2)BNNY tuc
  • The whole virmach website is under maintenance now

• @VirMach said:
    It's a SolusVM update, first it updated where they ioncubed a specific file with a newer version and then it turns out the actual update itself after fixing ioncube version and PHP just results in I assume bad code being caked in there that results in a redirect loop, in relation to whatever script checks for SSL.

I don't even know what they're doing anymore, every update has just broken one or more things and all the "features" they've added that I've noticed just slow everything down and make it sloppier.

It's time to ditch SolusVM and switch to VirtFusion.

Thanked by (3)sh97 Wonder_Woman skorous

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @VirMach said:

@skorous said:
    Did I miss, is one of the existing LAX nodes having a problem? Noticed one of my vps went down a few days ago and the node shows as locked.

I'm assuming you're on LAXA032. I got this fixed and going again but leaving it in a locked state for a few days to make sure it's still stable. The type of issue it was facing means a lot of people may have re-installed, and if they spam re-installs it could destabilize the server quickly. That's the main reason we keep certain nodes locked for several days after maintenance.

I know now that I am on LAXA032 so I can give you a heads up that while the node is unlocked now it gives me:

"An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later." and my vps status is Unknown. Obviously you've been working on ot so wanted you to know.

@skorous said:

@VirMach said:

@skorous said:
    Did I miss, is one of the existing LAX nodes having a problem? Noticed one of my vps went down a few days ago and the node shows as locked.

I'm assuming you're on LAXA032. I got this fixed and going again but leaving it in a locked state for a few days to make sure it's still stable. The type of issue it was facing means a lot of people may have re-installed, and if they spam re-installs it could destabilize the server quickly. That's the main reason we keep certain nodes locked for several days after maintenance.

I know now that I am on LAXA032 so I can give you a heads up that while the node is unlocked now it gives me:

"An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later." and my vps status is Unknown. Obviously you've been working on ot so wanted you to know.

Definitely not expected, make a ticket mentioning unknown status, host unavailable, and LAXA032 please if you can.

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • edited June 2023

My VPS is on NYCB046 and the VPS control panel also shows Status Unkown in addition to the error message: An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later. @VirMach Ticket #680003 created with screenshot.

• @BNNY said:
    My VPS is on NYCB046 and the VPS control panel also shows Status Unkown in addition to the error message: An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later. @VirMach Ticket #680003 created with screenshot.

DITTO. Ticket #852683, but I'm on CHI2Z027.

Everything was working fine, but I had to reprovision because I wanted to reinstall the OS.

@BNNY said:

Can't reproduce. Logged in as you in client area shows online. Perhaps this may be a browser cache issue?

@mockingbird said:

@BNNY said:

DITTO. Ticket #852683, but I'm on CHI2Z027.

Everything was working fine, but I had to reprovision because I wanted to reinstall the OS.

Controls are working on my end but VNC is broken. Will look into VNC portion and see if it's widespread, it most likely is as it'd make sense based on what I had to do to get SolusVM working for the time being after the broken update.

edited June 2023

VNC has been fixed, I forgot it doesn't get set up out the box and has it's own manual setup. I basically re-installed SolusVM and moved everything over because that was somehow easier than trying to revert whatever it did to break it.

I figured since they haven't fixed it yet, it must be "working" when they test it which I assume they do with a fresh setup instead of piling onto an older installation, and for whatever reason this update broke for our specific X to Y updates over the years. Luckily it did work, it just means I probably have to clean up a few things like that. I'll still check back to see what you guys say about the error you're seeing, but I can confirm that others are successfully sending commands and logging in and having it all processed, so again I'm leaning toward some weird caching issue.

• I'll log out and clear my cache in a moment. So far I've had one machine Online and five Offline ( logged in to three of the 'offline' ones).

• edited June 2023

@VirMach said:

@BNNY said:

Can't reproduce. Logged in as you in client area shows online. Perhaps this may be a browser cache issue?

Tried the latest Chrome, Edge, and Firefox with&without Incognito Mode after clearing the cache and cookies. All show the same Unknown status and the same Red bar error message. Please look into this when possible.

The status in Client Area under Server Details shows Online but the VPS Control Panel shows the status unknown.

• skorousskorous OG
    edited June 2023

All of the machines I've tested so far show status Unknown in SolusVM.
    Interestingly, some show as Online ( RYZE.AMS-D028.VMS / STOR.NYC-B004S.VMS ) in the WebUI where the others ( CHIZ001, NYCB014, SEAZ005 ) show as offline in the stock WebUI.

Edit: ATLZ005 Unknown/Offline. I think this is fairly widespread. And I clear my Firefox cache Everything.

• Confirmed -- VNC is working :) . Thanks very much, I appreciate the prompt service. Now on to fiddling around with Netboot ISO.

@VirMach said:
    VNC has been fixed, I forgot it doesn't get set up out the box and has it's own manual setup. I basically re-installed SolusVM and moved everything over because that was somehow easier than trying to revert whatever it did to break it.

• edited June 2023

RYZE.PHX-Z001.VMS, Solus said;
    An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later
    better yet, all of my 9 services shows same error message.

• Posting in case this info may be helpful in diagnosing SolusVM issues:

Logging into VirMach client area shows my CHIZ003 VPS as "Offline"- it's definitely not offline. Clicking on my Dallas VPS in client area gives the "Node Locked" and "Operation timed out" errors. However both my VirMach VPS are up and running well. CHIZ003 and Dallas (think it's now on DALZ001) are good, websites on them fully accessible. No complaints.

I'm with the person who posted here recommending an alternative to SolusVM as it seems to be at the root of most of the issues that have occured over the years

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

high time for Virtfusion

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

NYCB048, NYCB009, NYCB006 should be up today. NYCB042 high likelihood as well, just fixing one last thing with the IPMI and network configuration, I possibly made a mistake on this one when setting up the IPMI and network configuration or maybe it's having some other problem, we'll see.

Also looking into the information provided above for SolusVM. I may need to mess with some other hidden configuration file or refresh something.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
    edited June 2023

@skorous said:
    Interestingly, some show as Online ( RYZE.AMS-D028.VMS / STOR.NYC-B004S.VMS ) in the WebUI where the others ( CHIZ001, NYCB014, SEAZ005 ) show as offline in the stock WebUI.

Edit: ATLZ005 Unknown/Offline. I think this is fairly widespread. And I clear my Firefox cache Everything.

Let's call this issue #1. I'm working on it now. Of course i's not the same issue as the others, why would it be? That'd be too simple.

(edit) Even issue #1 is actually separate issues. I'm just going to not bother providing updates on this looks like it's going to be all day whack a mole.

Thanked by (2)skorous FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@skorous said:

Let's call this issue #1. I'm working on it now. Of course i's not the same issue as the others, why would it be? That'd be too simple.

(edit) Even issue #1 is actually separate issues. I'm just going to not bother providing updates on this looks like it's going to be all day whack a mole.

The hope was providing weird conflicting behaviors would make it easier to diagnose. The reality unfortunately is often that there's more than one problem. :-/

edited June 2023

@skorous said: The hope was providing weird conflicting behaviors would make it easier to diagnose. The reality unfortunately is often that there's more than one problem. :-/

Nope basically the information you provided in a logical world would have been very helpful but it wasn't because the one working versus one not working are on the exact same SolusVM and PHP version, issue #1A let's called it was one where my update for whatever reason didn't work and the same exact thing had to be run a second time and works. Issue #2A would be the one where for some reason PHP8 update on it didn't work and for some other reason, even though the master is on PHP7 when you install SolusVM from scratch (which it doesn't work by the way, it updates it to PHP8 when you run the update otherwise if you don't then you get locked out because they used PHP8 ioncube on one of the files.) So actually what ends up working for whatever reason is PHP8 on the slaves and PHP7 on the master but I'm assuming I'll have to bring the master up to PHP8 again to fix issue #3 and issue #4 in which case all of it may fully break again, so there's that. Then there's issue #1C where #1B and #1A don't work for some reason. Oh and this is all for just fixing only a set of problems, I haven't even got to the weird problem I thought was caching yet.

(edit) I didn't really mention this specifically I don't think but fun fact, the way SolusVM is built when you change IP on the master you have to manually go into all slaves and delete a file. That's the official way of doing it. And it doesn't always work.

(edit2) And over time when the master updates, some slaves will naturally just go out of sync from an error so they won't even be on the same version and there's no system on SolusVM that actually checks for that, none of this is even our current problem just thought I'd add that in.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
  • Holy cow. Shared hosting is UP.

• SJCZ002 Timed out

• Dear VirMach/VPShared Customers,

We apologize for the extreme outage that recently occurred. We've received the physical server back, returned it to a functional state, and re-deployed it in our LAX2 datacenter. We will be going through in the next few days and either crediting everyone or extending services to match the downtime.

Services should now be accessible, where you can also retrieve your data. If you have any problems, please open a priority ticket mentioning "Shared Hosting" and we'll assist you, but please understand that ticket volumes may be extremely high.

Please note, if your service is utilizing a dedicated IP, you must log in to grab the new IP address and set an A record to the new IP address with your domain provider.

Below are the new nameservers, if you set them using the IP address, it must also be updated (but usually this isn't required.)

ns1.panel.net.co 47.87.132.4
    ns2.panel.net.co 47.87.212.6

ns1.vpshared.com 47.87.154.3
    ns2.vpshared.com 47.87.214.3

Please note it may take some time for changes to propagate, up to 48 hours.

Finally, please note that the server may still be facing some potential problems which we will resolve, if they appear, and looking into them further proactively. Now that the server is much closer to our offices in Los Angeles, should these errors occur we should avoid another long outage. We also have a second copy of data at our office as of today, so if any catastrophic failure occurs in the coming weeks, although extremely rare, we'd be able to more quickly share this data with you. We will also continue to take backups, but also store them more frequently on an external server.

Thank you.

Thanked by (2)BNNY FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Hello people. Is everything going well?

Thanked by (3)ZA_capetown skorous FAT32
  • @VirMach
    Thanks so much NYCB048 has been fully restored and its now functional!

• @VirMach Will, the network performance of LAX2Z017, improve over time? Most of the time, the pings are 69-70 ms. However, ping time can go up to >200 ms sometimes.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@BNNY said: @VirMach Will, the network performance of LAX2Z017, improve over time? Most of the time, the pings are 69-70 ms. However, ping time can go up to >200 ms sometimes.

Without showing a couple of trace routes or mtr how do we know where the actual problem is ?

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint skorous

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@imok said:
    Hello people. Is everything going well?

Hello, hello, hello. Long time no see here in the VirMach thread. How are thing going with you ?

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add