VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@VirMach said: About 350 left.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @foitin said:
    Why is outgoing port 23 blocked in Frankfurt??
    Hetzner storage box uses port 23 for ssh all ssh based tools.

jab@FFME001$ telnet aardmud.org 23
    Trying 23.111.142.226...
    Connected to aardmud.org.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    #############################################################################
    ##[                                               ]##########################
    ##[        --- Welcome to Aardwolf MUD ---        ]############ /"  #########
    ##[                                               ]########  _-`"""', #######
    ##[         Players Currently Online: 197         ]#####  _-"       )  ######
    ##[                                               ]### _-"          |  ######
    ################################################### _-"            ;  #######
    ######################################### __---___-"              |  ########
    ######################################  _"   ,,                  ;  `,,  ####
    #################################### _-"    ;''                 |  ,'  ; ####
    ##################################  _"      '                    `"'   ; ####
    ###########################  __---;                                 ,' ######
    ######################## __""  ___                                ,' ########
    #################### _-""   -"" _                               ,' ##########
    ################### `-_         _                              ; ############
    #####################  ""----"""   ;                          ; #############
    #######################  /          ;                        ; ##############
    #####################  /             ;                      ; ###############
    ###################  /                `                    ; ################
    #################  /                                      ; #################
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Enter your character name or type 'NEW' to create a new character
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What be thy name, adventurer? ^]
    telnet> Connection closed.

Seems to work here to random telnet service, so maybe not port block. Maybe it's Hetzner ;')

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited July 2023

Jab said: Seems to work here to random telnet service, so maybe not port block. Maybe it's Hetzner ;')

Same here @foitin . Telnet connects just fine from FFME001 and FFME006.
    But telnet port is not accessible inbound to FFME001

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @virmach, about RYZE.PHX-Z001.VMS, Debian template is there at Solus, but after re-install, it comes back to old one. Nothing happens, even though it says re-installation began, and passwd is such, but after 3-4 min. it just comes back to as it was.
    I have 2 vms in same node, same thing happens, if it's not fixable, can you migrate/re-provision to somewhere I don't care?

• edited July 2023

@Jab said:

Seems to work here to random telnet service, so maybe not port block. Maybe it's Hetzner ;')

I can connect to this as well.

can you add port 23 to sshd listening port and see if you can connect to your FFME001?

I guess it's either virmach or upstream xtom blocked it?

• edited July 2023

@FAT32 said:
    MOOAR

MOOAN

Yo Tokyo new deal when

smartass shitposting satirist

• JabJab
    edited July 2023

@foitin said:
    can you add port 23 to sshd listening port and see if you can connect to your FFME001?

That's a different way to connect then in your first post, but sure.

Opening port 23 on FFME001 and connecting from anywhere is not working, blocked.

However opening port 23 on FFME006 (because I have two machines there in same subnet and node) allows me to connect from the same subnet/different VM on the same node, however outside of that (like even from FFME001 - different node/subnet) is blocked.

So something further than vmnode limiting 23 :D

Trying to connect to port 23 from [FFME001/6] to my GreenCloud is blocked. However that random service aardmud.org 23 is working... so I guess there is some kind of whitelist in play, kinda meh, especially for testing.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• I wanted to migrate some of my VMs a while back but the location dropdown on the migration popup was showing up as empty. Now the migrate button is gone altogether.

Is it still possible to migrate any VM to a different location?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@mbk said:
    I wanted to migrate some of my VMs a while back but the location dropdown on the migration popup was showing up as empty. Now the migrate button is gone altogether.

Is it still possible to migrate any VM to a different location?

no except maybe Tokyo

Thanked by (1)mbk

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @Jab said:

@foitin said:

That's a different way to connect then in your first post, but sure.

Opening port 23 on FFME001 and connecting from anywhere is not working, blocked.

However opening port 23 on FFME006 (because I have two machines there in same subnet and node) allows me to connect from the same subnet/different VM on the same node, however outside of that (like even from FFME001 - different node/subnet) is blocked.

So something further than vmnode limiting 23 :D

Trying to connect to port 23 from [FFME001/6] to my GreenCloud is blocked. However that random service aardmud.org 23 is working... so I guess there is some kind of whitelist in play, kinda meh, especially for testing.

I thought connecting from frankfurt to port 23 was blocked at first then i found out i couldn't connect from other to port 23 on virmach frankfurt either. the aardmud service being whitelisted doesn't make a lot sense, more likely hetnzer being blocked.
    can @VirMach explain what's going on here? and unblock it if possible?

edited July 2023

@foitin said: I thought connecting from frankfurt to port 23 was blocked at first then i found out i couldn't connect from other to port 23 on virmach frankfurt either. the aardmud service being whitelisted doesn't make a lot sense, more likely hetnzer being blocked.
    can @VirMach explain what's going on here? and unblock it if possible?

I have no idea. Can I get a summary of all the details? It'd need to be confirmed to account for all possibilities at all stages.

Requirements: one service on a Frankfurt node with us, another server on a Frankfurt node with us with a different IP subnet (so like 88.214.xx.xx and 213.232.xx.xx), as well as two services with two different other providers (so like Hetzner, GreenCloud.) Let's call these service A, B, C, D, respectively. And then yes/no on whether it works for all of them.

1. A to B
    2. A to C
    3. A to D
    4. B to A
    5. B to C
    6. B to D
    7. C to A
    8. C to B
    9. C to D
    10. D to A
    11. D to B
    12. D to C

(edit) I'm just trying to get @Jab to buy another service with us.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited July 2023

@VirMach said:

1. A to B
    2. A to C
    3. A to D
    4. B to A
    5. B to C
    6. B to D
    7. C to A
    8. C to B
    9. C to D
    10. D to A
    11. D to B
    12. D to C

(edit) I'm just trying to get @Jab to buy another service with us.

tryin to have people review permutations and combinations??

from other providers connecting to frankfurt virmach port 23, every provider i tried is blocked.
    from frankfurt virmach to port 23 of other providers. i found hetzner and buyvm luxembourg not working.

anyone has vps service with @xTom 's v.ps in frankfurt? maybe it's blocked by them?

• JBBJBB OG
    edited July 2023

@VirMach said:

Requirements: one service on a Frankfurt node with us, another server on a Frankfurt node with us with a different IP subnet (so like 88.214.xx.xx and 213.232.xx.xx), as well as two services with two different other providers (so like Hetzner, GreenCloud.) Let's call these service A, B, C, D, respectively. And then yes/no on whether it works for all of them.

I can help with some of this. A=nl.n5tnl.com, C=dollar.n5tnl.com, D=van.n5tnl.com. Don't have anything on the 213.232 subnet.

IPv4:
    A-C: no connection
    A-D: ok
    C-A: no connection
    C-D: ok
    D-A: no connection
    D-C: ok

IPv6 (nl.n5tnl.com is using a he.net tunnel for IPv6, not native virmach IPv6):
    A-C: ok
    C-A: ok
    D-A: ok

If you want to hit this endpoints, the connection should succeed then reply with a short message: "Connection accepted, bye now."

edit: A is on FFME003.

• edited July 2023

@JBB said:

@VirMach said:

IPv6 (nl.n5tnl.com is using a he.net tunnel for IPv6, not native virmach IPv6):
    A-C: ok
    C-A: ok
    D-A: ok

If you want to hit this endpoints, the connection should succeed then reply with a short message: "Connection accepted, bye now."

edit: A is on FFME003.

Thanks for sharing your result but since you're using HE tunnel, the IPv6 result depends on HE's firewall settings and it seems they didn't block it.

I tried to connect to 88.214.xx.xx from 213.232.xx.xx, both virmach frankfurt, not working.
    from 88.214.xx.xx in tokyo to 88.214.xx.xx in frankfurt, not working either.

• I wonder if this has to with being with CC for awhile. People could just be banning anything from the provider period by association.

Just a theory is all.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:
    I wonder if this has to with being with CC for awhile. People could just be banning anything from the provider period by association.

Interesting. Let's add E, atl.n5tnl.com, at RN with whois showing as CC. IPv6 at E is through a he.net tunnel.

IPv4:
    A-E: ok
    C-E: ok
    D-E: ok
    E-A: no connection
    E-C: ok
    E-D: ok

IPv6:
    E-A: ok

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @JBB said:

@AuroraZero said:
    I wonder if this has to with being with CC for awhile. People could just be banning anything from the provider period by association.

Interesting. Let's add E, atl.n5tnl.com, at RN with whois showing as CC. IPv6 at E is through a he.net tunnel.

IPv4:
    E-A: no connection

IPv6:
    E-A: ok

No idea's left from me on this one. Seems not to be the case.

Thank you for checking it out though as I tend to avoid CC like the plague.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:
    Thank you for checking it out though as I tend to avoid CC like the plague.

Same here. This was a giveaway freebie.

• @cybertech said: no except maybe Tokyo

Oh okay. Got it. Thanks for the info.

• @Flying_Chinaman said: Yo Tokyo new deal when

@VirMach will ya send new Tokyo storage?

• TYOC007 in virmach had been offline for a long time

Is there any repair progress or recovery plan?

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@Flying_Chinaman said: Yo Tokyo new deal when

No deals for that ever planned again.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited July 2023

@VirMach said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@Flying_Chinaman said: Yo Tokyo new deal when

No deals for that ever planned again.

O'lord Virm Ach
    all Tokyo storage VPS are cramped on a single node.
    Once that node goes dung, all lads are screwed.
    Besides, don't ya think there is additional buck ya could squeeze?

Also new control panel UI is rather inconvenient,
    the serf who modified that should be hanged

• edited July 2023

Yo @VirMach ,

1. What is the average HDD lifespan on your colocations? Will ya purchase cheap SMR to cut cost?

2. Which PCIe gen and brand Nvme SSD are ya using? How much IO it will fall after exceed its TBW?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo @VirMach ,

1. What is the average HDD lifespan on your colocations? Will ya purchase cheap SMR to cut cost?

2. Which PCIe gen and brand Nvme SSD are ya using? How much IO it will fall after exceed its TBW?

also when will we colonize Mars?

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo VirMach ,

And while your at it how can we resolve hunger in the Americas and establish world peace ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo @VirMach ,

Mars is very close. I need an IPv69 VPS on Kepler-442b.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • NYCB028
    Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

• Ya, NYCB028 is kaput.

• edited July 2023

my whole service is down! I also can't open my service page in control panel, I don't know what node it is! the location is NYC.
    my service ID: 691792
    man your support system is a mess :(
    @VirMach can you check?