VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• edited July 2023

hopefully virmach and xtom terminate their tokyo contract to put @VirMach and MJJs out of their misery.
    95% less tickets and no more MJJ bitching any more (at least in the long term)

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo @VirMach with all due curiosity,

wa'z your daily routine, jus' fix the broken racks, close most of the tickets and call it a day?

If people are getting their tickets just closed it's mostly these, which are actually most tickets now which is technically a good thing since it's better than having a bunch of serious tickets but at the same time nerve-inducing.

• Customer with $5 a year special, has 6 tickets they opened for IPv6, a ticket they opened for "blocked port" where they were told it's not an issue with that but their operating system going into kernel panic from low memory, they made 3-4 more replies spamming same thing over and over, then made another ticket.
    • Customer with $12 a year special and $7 a year special, ignored posted outage, ignored troubleshooting information that's visible in the screenshot he provided us of the error, which explains the error.
    • Customer has $6 a year special, made a ticket with his own title that's unhelpful, then said his problem was that for over a month he has been seeing the troubleshooting information at the bottom which he thinks means he's getting all those errors even though his service is clearly functional.

We're probably going to have to end up doing something about these, we've always been okay with giving cheap specials and not raising prices but clearly when these people are just spamming in tickets like this on limited support packages they're not taking that part of it very seriously.

By the way those examples above were all in a row as in not cherry picked, I have like 30 more I could go over but you get the point.

@cybertech said:
    i thought mainland china has bad ping to HK, and tokyo is best overall?

From my testing yes, but I also decided doing Singapore or HK means lots of orders from unhappy people that would then create tickets and chargebacks and write bad reviews if the connection isn't as good as from Tokyo to that region so it's effectively pointless to pursue.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@Flying_Chinaman said: wa'z your daily routine, jus' fix the broken racks, close most of the tickets and call it a day?

I tried answering this a few times without being negative and it's not possible, the simplest way to say it is obviously most my day isn't a routine, it's whatever work ends up being created for me that day by a third party and then ... tickets.

Thanked by (3)ZA_capetown FrankZ someTom

@foitin said: (at least in the long term)

Very important distinction.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • edited July 2023

Yo @VirMach I thought your job would be a stable buck one, thanks for answer anyway.

Yo Franz, the concierge of VirmAch, wa'z the freq limit for chanting at this moan thread?

@lesuser said: $24/year

Yo which one? I will jump off from the masochist bus

smartass shitposting satirist

• lesuserlesuser OG
    edited July 2023

Since we are benchmarking WordPress these days on AMD Ryzen 7000 series, most notably 7950X.....because it has fastest single core performance which is best suitable for WordPress/PHP as it is single threaded....so here is my benchmark on AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 4 core 8GB VPS.

SUPERB PERFORMANCE!

And this is just $24/year =)

Thanked by (1)ariq01
  • @lesuser said: so here is my benchmark on

What OS/php/etc - is this stock things or tuned?
    I want to test my shit too, but I want the same software stack :D

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

@lesuser said: so here is my benchmark on

What OS/php/etc - is this stock things or tuned?
    I want to test my shit too, but I want the same software stack :D

This is nginx + php-fpm.

First I ran benchmark on stock and it gave 8.2. Then I tuned mariadb according to what that benchmark said and it went to 9.5.
    nginx and rest of the settings are stock.

• lesuserlesuser OG
    edited July 2023

Tried same benchmark on Ryzen 9 3900X, 1 core 1GB and it failed on last test of "network" as mariadb process was killed by systemd.

Jul 30 12:46:11 DualHandy-VM systemd[1]: mariadb.service: A process of this unit has been killed by the OOM killer.
    Jul 30 12:46:11 DualHandy-VM systemd[1]: mariadb.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL
    Jul 30 12:46:11 DualHandy-VM systemd[1]: mariadb.service: Failed with result 'oom-kill'.
    Jul 30 12:46:11 DualHandy-VM systemd[1]: mariadb.service: Consumed 44.574s CPU time.

• Tried again. Ryzen 9 3900X, 1 core 1GB WordPress benchmark. Again superb performance considering it is 3000 series and VPS cost is $1 or $1.1 per year :p

No wonder VirMach is in loss haha!

• @VirMach said:

@Flying_Chinaman said: wa'z your daily routine, jus' fix the broken racks, close most of the tickets and call it a day?

I tried answering this a few times without being negative and it's not possible, the simplest way to say it is obviously most my day isn't a routine, it's whatever work ends up being created for me that day by a third party and then ... tickets.

Perhaps you need a new ticketing policy:
    pay less than $20 annually => one active ticket
    pay between $20 and $40 annually => two active tickets

this policy helps prevent low-paying ticket users from submitting excessive tickets and depleting ticket resources.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@superman said:

@VirMach said:

this policy helps prevent low-paying ticket users from submitting excessive tickets and depleting ticket resources.

MJJ - 1 ticket per real human, regardless of clone accounts, resold logins, services etc.
    others - NA

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Oof. Got a notice that my SJ dedicated server is going away. That sucks.

Are you just done offering dedicated servers or is it just that location and I can migrate?

@superman said:

@VirMach said:

One active ticket at a time over and over won't solve the problem of people creating many tickets over the same issue that's not really covered under support. Anyway it's not a huge deal we'll get it all sorted out.

@rpollestad said:
    Oof. Got a notice that my SJ dedicated server is going away. That sucks.

Are you just done offering dedicated servers or is it just that location and I can migrate?

It's been a decision we've considered for a while, I wish I would've done it sooner and provided a longer notice and it especially sucks that we're doing it to the people that stuck around for so long but I believe it'll be good for everyone. I don't feel comfortable having broken controls, no planned resolution for that to improve the controls, and it seems like everything is only going to regress from here so it's best to do something important and try to be proactive this time. And the way it works out it just ends up clashing with our workflow where we often have extreme delays on even providing support and we don't want that.

We would want to offer dedicated servers, no's not the time. It will be later when we can do servers ourselves, our own hardware, as originally intended. It's just not something that can be done right now. Most we can offer is a VPS/VDS replacement for anyone interested.

• edited July 2023

@VirMach said: It's been a decision we've considered for a while, I wish I would've done it sooner and provided a longer notice and it especially sucks that we're doing it to the people that stuck around for so long but I believe it'll be good for everyone. I don't feel comfortable having broken controls, no planned resolution for that to improve the controls, and it seems like everything is only going to regress from here so it's best to do something important and try to be proactive this time. And the way it works out it just ends up clashing with our workflow where we often have extreme delays on even providing support and we don't want that.

then can you provide compensation? I slide down into 2 years wait and multi-account drama and finally got nothing
    and when can you process my coinbase deposit,its already 5 months,and still on-hold? #913893

• @VirMach What's your situation with DediPath.....everything all good!?

Because after the last downtime where they didn't communicate anything, hosts are not happy and some of them are migrating away like EthernetServers. And I read, even on WHT their name is being scrubbed. I believe you have some nodes with them so just checking if all is well and they are not going down!?

Thanked by (2)skorous titus
  • @lesuser said:
    @VirMach What's your situation with DediPath.....everything all good!?

Because after the last downtime where they didn't communicate anything, hosts are not happy and some of them are migrating away like EthernetServers. And I read, even on WHT their name is being scrubbed. I believe you have some nodes with them so just checking if all is well and they are not going down!?

I admit I was kinda curious about that at well.

• @VirMach said:

@rpollestad said:
    Oof. Got a notice that my SJ dedicated server is going away. That sucks.

We would want to offer dedicated servers, no's not the time. It will be later when we can do servers ourselves, our own hardware, as originally intended. It's just not something that can be done right now. Most we can offer is a VPS/VDS replacement for anyone interested.

Been a happy dedicated holder since 2016. Sad to see it go but thank you for the reply.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Sorry, don't mean to make trouble, but, would it make any sense for @Virmach to connect former dedi customers with whomever was @Virmach's dedi upstream provider? It seems a shame that there isn't some way to facilitate former dedi customers' ability to keep their dedi servers that they like. :)

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @KuYeHQ said:
    Is there any new progress in the HK data center, I have prepared 25-40 dollars for it :)

Is there any new progress in the Ulaanbaatar data center, I have prepared 40-25 knives for it ;)

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @Not_Oles said:
    Sorry, don't mean to make trouble, but, would it make any sense for @Virmach to connect former dedi customers with whomever was @Virmach's dedi upstream provider? It seems a shame that there isn't some way to facilitate former dedi customers' ability to keep their dedi servers that they like. :)

The issue is the upstream being terrible.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
    edited August 2023

@Not_Oles said:

We just don't feel like we can do it justice right now. Whatever we do would end up being sub-par and it's one of those situations that's "it's not you, it's me" and it's best we just end the relationship for now so we're the responsible party and end any future potential grief.

Read my comment below on why, but I don't think we'd be comfortable facilitating that.

@lesuser said:
    @VirMach What's your situation with DediPath.....everything all good!?

I'll have a more in-depth response for this soon hopefully. I've edited out my comment for now because it's too vague and may be taken the wrong way.

edited August 2023

@Not_Oles said: Sorry, don't mean to make trouble, but, would it make any sense for @Virmach to connect former dedi customers with whomever was @Virmach's dedi upstream provider? It seems a shame that there isn't some way to facilitate former dedi customers' ability to keep their dedi servers that they like.

P.S. we tried doing this in the past, you should be able to read about our side of the story if you find a copy of the lawsuit against the provider that cut off dedicated servers we paid for and wouldn't even release them temporarily for customer data. We just wouldn't want to facilitate it only for the core problem to still be there for the customers (a third party.)

If a customer really wants to do that we're all ears so we'll help them out of course in their ticket.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Not_Oles

Behavior like this is only going to ensure we don't give out IPv6 to anyone unless they purchase a plan that comes officially with IPv6. For reference this guy made two "urgent" tickets about needing IPv6 on some old specials.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous ariq01
  • I DEMAND IPV6!

Thanked by (2)VirMach yoursunny

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

I DEMAND IPV6!

Thanked by (2)VirMach yoursunny

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said:
    Behavior like this is only going to ensure we don't give out IPv6 to anyone unless they purchase a plan that comes officially with IPv6. For reference this guy made two "urgent" tickets about needing IPv6 on some old specials.

Well, in his defense, he is not wrong. You should have a way to find tickets older then X days and prioritize them OR reply to them OR some way to let them know what to do.

Your service is very unreliable (at least as far as i can see from the people on this forum), but since you never said 100% uptime, no complains there, specially at that price. IP changes are not good, but if unavoidable, then so be it.

However, not replying to customer ticket IS a problem. So if you cannot hire more people to reply to tickets, get less customers OR charge them PER ticket opened/replied. Basically some way to reduce the number of tickets pending replies for over X days.

What is the "X" number of days? You can define that, but a good number is 5 working days.

Thanked by (3)Mumbly taizi foitin

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• JabJab
    edited August 2023

VirMach said: e able to read about our side of the story if you find a copy of the lawsuit against the provider that cut off dedicated servers we paid for and wouldn't even release them temporarily for customer data.

We need LowEndLawyer to find those.
    Virtual Machine Solutions LLC should be one side, ColoCrossing should be the other. Or maybe Deluxe?

VirMach is based in LA, so I would assume it should be in LA courts? I have no idea how Murica system works.
    Found this, have no idea how to get a copy :D

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/cacdce/2:2023cv01787/877808
    https://www.law.com/radar/card/virtual-machine-solutions-llc-v-deluxe-corporation-et-al-48077854-r/
    https://trellis.law/doc/155455152/civil-case-cover-sheet-filed-by-virtual-machine-solutions-llc-plaintiff-filed-by-virtual-machine-solutions-llc-plaintiff

Defendant: WNY IT Services, Inc., Deluxe Corporation, Velocity Servers Inc. and Jon Biloh

Why is poor Jon Biloh getting sued? He claimed like 1757517157 times he has nothing to do with ColoCrossing!?
    :trollface:

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@somik said: OR charge them PER ticket opened/replied.

Don't give him those kind of ideas.

Thanked by (1)sh97

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Jab said:
    I DEMAND IPV6!

@cybertech said:
    I DEMAND IPV6!

I demand BGP session.
    I have my own LowEndASN and IPv6 subnets now, which are superior to provider's subnets.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.