VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• never mind, NO HK user will visit to AMS host.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2023

@nightcat said:
    never mind, NO HK user will visit to AMS host.

I guess I could just totally forget using IPv6 and go IPv4 only, but what would @yoursunny think about that.
    I might end up on one of those lists somewhere.

Thanked by (1)ehab

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Sure, it would be better to add CF.
    I never click ipv6 on virmach.

How about NY host @VirMach . My host has been down for week.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@nightcat said: Sure, it would be better to add CF.

I'm not going anywhere near CF. Besides it is a three IPv4 VM so I also use it as a DNS server and an inbound only mail server. Similar issue with the IPv6 DNS and there is no IPv6 on the mail server because HE blocks port 25.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

I'm not going anywhere near CF. Besides it is a three IPv4 VM so I also use it as a DNS server and an inbound only mail server. Similar issue with the IPv6 DNS and there is no IPv6 on the mail server because HE blocks port 25.

You are already on many lists and I keep adding you daily mwahahahahaha! :p

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Not_Oles skorous

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AuroraZero said:

@FrankZ said:

You are already on many lists and I keep adding you daily mwahahahahaha! :p

Ha, nobody will recognize me now.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer
    Thanked by (2)FrankZ ehab

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• edited August 2023

TYOC030 and TYOC007 are offline?

Seems to be back to normal.

offline again :'(

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2023

I can't speak to TYOC030, but my VM on TYOC007 is doing fine.

EDIT: 20 minutes later my VMs on both TYOC039 and TYOC007 are unavailable.
    Looks like a network issue in Tokyo, as all Tokyo nodes show as not reporting for the last 22 minutes on the status page.

• TYOC039:
    Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

• @tulipyun said:
    TYOC030 and TYOC007 are offline?

Seems to be back to normal.

offline again :'(

TYOC025 offline?

• Probably due to xTom changing ASN. Why didn't VirMach send any notification beforehand?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2023

Looks like all nodes in Tokyo are back up. I'm showing that there was 1 hour and 2 minutes of downtime in Tokyo.

• Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received @Tokyo again :'(

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@0bserver said:
    Probably due to xTom changing ASN. Why didn't VirMach send any notification beforehand?

My fault on this one, not theirs. It was on my list but missed due to a few other things getting moved up in front of it.

• edited August 2023

@rpollestad said:
    Oof. Got a notice that my SJ dedicated server is going away. That sucks.

Are you just done offering dedicated servers or is it just that location and I can migrate?

@VirMach said:

@rpollestad said:
    Oof. Got a notice that my SJ dedicated server is going away. That sucks.

Are you just done offering dedicated servers or is it just that location and I can migrate?

It's been a decision we've considered for a while, I wish I would've done it sooner and provided a longer notice and it especially sucks that we're doing it to the people that stuck around for so long but I believe it'll be good for everyone. I don't feel comfortable having broken controls, no planned resolution for that to improve the controls, and it seems like everything is only going to regress from here so it's best to do something important and try to be proactive this time. And the way it works out it just ends up clashing with our workflow where we often have extreme delays on even providing support and we don't want that.

We would want to offer dedicated servers, no's not the time. It will be later when we can do servers ourselves, our own hardware, as originally intended. It's just not something that can be done right now. Most we can offer is a VPS/VDS replacement for anyone interested.

Oof, that's a painful one to read. I haven't received any messages about my dedicated server going away, and just got (and paid for) the invoice for another year on mine. I guess that's what I get for not reading the forum very often :/ So, is that confirmation that my dedi is disappearing soon too, and if so, what can be done to get a refund on that invoice? I definitely don't need a couple hundred dollars of VPS credits.

• LAXA018.VIRM.AC

Server monitoring, checking every 60 seconds. Has been down for unknown.

Thanked by (1)Caxen
  • I checked statusbot.virm.ac @VirMach LAX2Z019 online
    but my VPS is offline, can't be used, and the description :
    been offline for a few days

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@vgood said:
    I checked statusbot.virm.ac @VirMach LAX2Z019 online
    but my VPS is offline, can't be used, and the description :
    been offline for a few days

There has been no updates on this one, I'm not sure what is going on with LAX2Z019 these days.

@FrankZ said:

@vgood said: LAX2Z019 nodes. I want to try migration but it can't, the Migrate menu doesn't show any options.

I'm also on that node in Los Angeles. The node is having issues for the last couple of days and there are no control panel options available at the moment. It is also on the Virmach status page, so he is aware.

08/13/2023 12:57 Last Updated 08/13/2023 12:58
    We're investigating and attempting to resolve an outage on LAX2Z019.

Don't try to migrate until things are completely fixed or you might break your VM and have further issues.

Thanked by (2)vgood Caxen

• @Virmach do your servers at Dedipath offer the same 10 tbit ddos protection that Dedipath advertises for the dedis they sell and their vps?

• edited August 2023

New here, inquire about virmach's refugee plan
    I've bought a virmach Tokyo's refugee server 2months ago.
    It works perfectly in the first month, but when the time comes in August. it has been down for almost a month (Node has been locked ‘temporarily’)
    I've opened a ticket, the operator seems noted the problem but not going to slove it. and then closed.
    Does anyone know how long time will virmach took to repair the server or it just works for the first month?

Thank you

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@virmach, I expect that @Artemis may be on TYOC029 which has not shown an update on the status page for a while.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

i think Virmach is busy with the master server issue at the moment

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

Really..... anyone knows how much issues per day they will meet? hahaha

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Artemis said:

@cybertech said:

too many.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@Artemis said:

@cybertech said:

too many.

I think if they really wanna to slove the problem, it just take minutes

the comment for this refugee plan is "An rotational working"
    Eg Tyoc 007 works for jan, feb mar
    tyoc 0029 works for apr may jun.....

Maybe virmach can make a rotational monthly plan instead of a refugee ones

• Does anyone knows if virmach count inbound transfer as bandwidth usage?

• @shelfchair said:
    Does anyone knows if virmach count inbound transfer as bandwidth usage?

Yes

Thanked by (1)shelfchair
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited August 2023

@Artemis said:

@cybertech said:

@Artemis said:

@cybertech said:

too many.

I think if they really wanna to slove the problem, it just take minutes

the comment for this refugee plan is "An rotational working"
    Eg Tyoc 007 works for jan, feb mar
    tyoc 0029 works for apr may jun.....

Maybe virmach can make a rotational monthly plan instead of a refugee ones

Both of these nodes are 99.9% uptime over last 6 months and the issues you're describing would only have affected a small fraction of customers, mostly related to spamming re-install requests as it was facing problems. TYOC029 was more complicated, definitely not "minutes" to resolve. I don't know what you believe we're doing this entire time.

@FrankZ said:
    @virmach, I expect that @Artemis may be on TYOC029 which has not shown an update on the status page for a while.

We've been getting lots of tickets about it as it usually goes for Tokyo and this was done purposefully in this case. We just have to treat that location differently, as every update would bring in a bunch of tickets asking follow-up questions and it was a complicated matter that we were trying to avoid doing forced migrations to Los Angeles for as a quicker solution. We essentially had to go through every VM affected one by one multiple times and maybe spend an hour on each of them and then in the end most of them needed to get loaded back in carefully from disaster recovery backups, and a ton of other issues I don't want to get into but essentially 80-85% of people were online this entire time so it's not as large of an issue as something like LAX2Z019.

We could've left controls unlocked during the time if it wasn't a guaranteed crash every 6 hours from button mashing.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Caxen tototo